Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
talking with the guys at FIC they told me that the dual 340 pumps would be good for over 1kwhp which is going to be the limit for my setup given stock ls1 crank. The 340's will work with e85 a-ok and I figure if I need more pump past that I'll go with a Weldon setup. I already have the hotwire setup and the bucket modified for duals so this is a quick easy swap with great returns for cheap. Plus I think the 400 is only good for 800 crank horsepower on e85 and I don't want to hack up the bucket to get two of them to fit.
I think the last build lethal racing did with aero 340s took three to sustain 1k rwhp, and because the gears are brass, they can corrode from the e85.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Boom. Who doesn't go and get notarized papers, all the seller's info, etc?

People looking to get scammed, thats who.

Kid caught a rough break but he def. didn't do his homework on purchase.
Happened to guy I know. Bought a motorcycle from dealer. About 6 months later went to get work done. Numbers didn't match so shop ran motor vs frame. Everything but frame was stolen. Guy got bike taken by police. But dealer had to give his money back.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
I think the last build lethal racing did with aero 340s took three to sustain 1k rwhp, and because the gears are brass, they can corrode from the e85.
Not that I don't believe you, but do you got a link? I've heard of some failures but I've also heard of great success too. I don't think a single 400 is going to cut it for my power levels. Fwiw my dual 255's are a-ok at 750whp so I hope dual 340's would have the overhead to support in excess of 1000whp on e85 and the few vendors I spoke with seem to think so.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Happened to guy I know. Bought a motorcycle from dealer. About 6 months later went to get work done. Numbers didn't match so shop ran motor vs frame. Everything but frame was stolen. Guy got bike taken by police. But dealer had to give his money back.
Thats crazy but at least he got his money back, etc.

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
The black interior and 241 heads would have thrown all kinds of red flags to me, then again I have owned quite a few of these things.

I actually also have a scanner to hook up to the PCM to look at the vin on there too.
Who doesn't? LOL I can't be the only one who keeps an OBDII live scanner around. I've used it for everything including purchases on cars to see if there has been any recent codes cleared, etc. Open loop would indicate a recent clearing of codes and not having completed GM's drive cycle. Then again, I have a magnet pen with felt ziptied over it to check panels too. LOL
Old 08-07-2013, 03:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Thats crazy but at least he got his money back, etc.

Who doesn't? LOL I can't be the only one who keeps an OBDII live scanner around. I've used it for everything including purchases on cars to see if there has been any recent codes cleared, etc. Open loop would indicate a recent clearing of codes and not having completed GM's drive cycle. Then again, I have a magnet pen with felt ziptied over it to check panels too. LOL
You'd be surprised how many of my friends ask to use it lol. It's a great tool to have.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The black interior and 241 heads would have thrown all kinds of red flags to me, then again I have owned quite a few of these things.

I actually also have a scanner to hook up to the PCM to look at the vin on there too.
What year did they start storing VINs in PCMs? I know its been done just not sure when it started
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Hai guys!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

I have a scanner too. But I have mine for other reasons, I was a auto mechanic for a living and I drove a mazdaspeed protege that would turn on a CEL and go into limp mode if you sneezed wrong.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I have a scanner too. But I have mine for other reasons, I was a auto mechanic for a living and I drove a mazdaspeed protege that would turn on a CEL and go into limp mode if you sneezed wrong.
My 06 Gto did that all the time. Almost caused me to crash once cause it did it while I was trying to pull out in traffic
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Banned

More miami crooked cop bullshit

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...andez_tase.php
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd be surprised how many of my friends ask to use it lol. It's a great tool to have.
I wouldn't. Everyone asks to hold mine too when they go check cars. LOL It definitely is.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
They caught him defacing public property (illegal), he ran (illegal), they tasered him. Sad story but I wouldn't call them crooked for that.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
They caught him defacing public property (illegal), he ran (illegal), they tasered him. Sad story but I wouldn't call them crooked for that.

You are clearly not from miami.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

No, thank god. I don't see how the location has anything to do with this case though. They may be crooked, but not because of this.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
No, thank god. I don't see how the location has anything to do with this case though. They may be crooked, but not because of this.
You're missing out, thats for sure.

Simple, cops from here are accustomed to breaking the law and getting away with it. Like i said you're not from here so you wouldn't know. You really think cops are the same everywhere you go huh? lmao.

How long do you need to taser someone to kill them? Come on now. Use your common sense. Cops love tasering people, they repeatedly tasered my friend 5 or 6 times AFTER they had him in hand cuffs.

Lmao i have stories for days about the cops here.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:32 PM
9 Second Club

You're missing out, thats for sure.

Simple, cops from here are accustomed to breaking the law and getting away with it. Like i said you're not from here so you wouldn't know. You really think cops are the same everywhere you go huh? lmao.

How long do you need to taser someone to kill them? Come on now. Use your common sense. Cops love tasering people, they repeatedly tasered my friend 5 or 6 times AFTER they had him in hand cuffs.

Lmao i have stories for days about the cops here.
This is truth. Haven't ya'll seen Dexter. That ****** murders people and he's just a blood spatter analyst. Imagine the **** the cops do.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

This is truth. Haven't ya'll seen Dexter. That ****** murders people and he's just a blood spatter analyst. Imagine the **** the cops do.
lmao, i wish. They'd take care of like .2% of the crime here.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
9 Second Club

lmao, i wish. They'd take care of like .2% of the crime here.
It ain't that bad. Try living in Chicago. The crime rate is far worse and you are more likely to be murdered here than in Miami.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Banned

It ain't that bad. Try living in Chicago. The crime rate is far worse and you are more likely to be murdered here than in Miami.
Have no clue never been to chicago. You been to miami before? Theres always gonna be a bad place everywhere you go but yeah. From what i hear from my friend detroits really really bad. Ive seen people get stabbed up infront of me on miami beach, miami beach isn't even a bad place.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Fawkin' MBA class til 9 tonight, gotta love it. On break now. adamantium, I was in Miami a few years back for a basketball tournament, but didn't venture too much outside of the airport and hotel. It was warm on the balcony and that was good enough for me. Didn't know it was as bad as you say.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)