Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SS vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Well im all out of excuses
LOL..I was really shocked. I figured mid 12s. I never ran on stock tires. Figured it be a waste. We was launching the car at 6k on the slicks.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
LOL..I was really shocked. I figured mid 12s. I never ran on stock tires. Figured it be a waste. We was launching the car at 6k on the slicks.
After thinking a little bit and seeing you must of had a damn good driver and to cut a 1.6 60ft it makes alot more sense. That is about 6 tenths right there. Im guessing your rear won't lass long with 6k drops though so be carefull out there
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Wow..im suprised you didn't break anything.lol
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Teching In

That was his what he has total in his car. Including buying his car. So you got your car free? Mommy daddy, GF bought it for you?

no i paid for my car. apparently i just put more effort into searching/waiting for a good deal than you. but good job at another attempted insult when you're arguments are unworthy again.

You can't really bust on people that will spend 30 or more on a new car,listen the f bodys have a lot of performance and yes can be made into one bad *** car for way less then the cost of say a new camaro or stang,but you can't really hate on anyone for getting what they want.it would kinda suck if everyone had cheap *** f bodys lol,people build what they want ,and no one should ever hate or put down someone for doing there own thing.
i did not mean to bust on anyone, was really just dropping my opinion. i apologize if anyone took offense to what i had said
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

After thinking a little bit and seeing you must of had a damn good driver and to cut a 1.6 60ft it makes alot more sense. That is about 6 tenths right there. Im guessing your rear won't lass long with 6k drops though so be carefull out there
If it breaks it was suppose to be replaced..LOL...

I have been looked at truetracs/spools.
Originally Posted by CNYBSF
no i paid for my car. apparently i just put more effort into searching/waiting for a good deal than you. but good job at another attempted insult when you're arguments are unworthy again.
How did i not get a good deal> I paid 29k fro full warranty, ran low 12s. Have a brand new car. I also proved you can get better deal then you and still be faster. So you should have bought a honda. It would best deal.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Teching In

How did i not get a good deal> I paid 29k fro full warranty, ran low 12s. Have a brand new car. I also proved you can get better deal then you and still be faster. So you should have bought a honda. It would best deal.
i never once said you over paid for your car. and you have not proven anything about a cheaper honda going faster. remember the $8k honda we were talking about? not cheaper. and if/when i have $8k into my car the honda will sure as hell not be faster.

and you keep talking about a cheaper car, going fast.. someone even said they could build a honda for HALF of what i have into mine and smoke me. so many threats, yet no one putting their money where their mouth is. probably because a lack of money.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

i never once said you over paid for your car. and you have not proven anything about a cheaper honda going faster. remember the $8k honda we were talking about? not cheaper. and if/when i have $8k into my car the honda will sure as hell not be faster.

and you keep talking about a cheaper car, going fast.. someone even said they could build a honda for HALF of what i have into mine and smoke me. so many threats, yet no one putting their money where their mouth is. probably because a lack of money.
what did you pay for your car? Cause that goes towards that 8k. s said the 8k into the honda was buying the car and modding it. not 8k then mod it. Unless you bought a huge pile of **** you paid least 8k for your car. And if i was into Honda's i could build it. And it is not for the lack of money.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

after seeing the tech-specs of a new 5.0 i have been dreading the day one pulls up and wants a piece. if you beat one with bolt ons i guess there's not much to be scared of.. i would be pretty mad if i just paid $30k for a brand new stang and got handled by a bolton fbody
That is such a stupid statement..comparing a car that is bone stock to a car that is modded.I think if i were you i would be mad for getting beat by a bone stock car..You don't even have a car that would give the 5.0 mustang a run for its money.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Teching In

what did you pay for your car? Cause that goes towards that 8k. s said the 8k into the honda was buying the car and modding it. not 8k then mod it. Unless you bought a huge pile of **** you paid least 8k for your car. And if i was into Honda's i could build it. And it is not for the lack of money.
i understand how the whole $ into car thing works with the original purchase being included. i bought a car at a great price and low miles BUT the guy did not really have the money to care for it the right way.. or maybe just didnt care about it enough. he gave me a book of receipts and i could tell he was great about oil changes but one example of his mis-care is a receipt ~15k miles before i bought it showing he had a left outer tie rod put on. when i bought it it needed an alignment.. no biggy. then i noticed 2 or 3 receipts for just 1 tire. he got a good price on tires because he worked for cooper, but still even with his discount an alignment would have been cheaper than tires. it had all new pads and calipers when i bought it, with warped rotors. i could tell by the rust inside the rotors they were not replaced at the same time as pads/calipers.. so maybe he had them cut or maybe not. just stupid maintenance i guess, nothing i would call a pile of ****. fixing things is no big deal.. im not afraid to tackle any sized job and have access to a lift.

so no i do not have close to 8k into it including purchase price. i have plenty of time into fixing other peoples work on it though thats for sure. just the kind of crap you get into with any used car.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bh353
That is such a stupid statement..comparing a car that is bone stock to a car that is modded.I think if i were you i would be mad for getting beat by a bone stock car..You don't even have a car that would give the 5.0 mustang a run for its money.
i dont recall saying i did, but good job.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Yes you did..You said if a bolt on f-body could beat a 5.0 then you have nothing to be scared of..
Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Teching In

sorry i meant i never said my car, in its current state, compared to a new stang.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Teching In

I guess I should have bought a terminator Cobra with the $20k I spent on my Z according to ricer mathematics.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

i am just going to remove myself from this thread as apparently my opinions have struck a bad chord. i apologize if i offended anyone and will not get involved in these type of threads in the future. if you would like to have an intelligent discussion on this subject feel free to pm me. flame away.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad thing is it's still a honda lol. I dd my 95 honda accord to work and to get the grocerys usually. Would I try to make it fast to race? No. If I won the lottery woould I build the motor and turbo it? Yep. Just to **** with people with fast cars and beat them in a honda. unless I had a **** ton of money I would never try to make on fast or race it
people mod what they like. i like the power that a f-body made stock back in 2000, but i drove one and it felt floaty to me, not did it stop very well. I also didnt like the interior. it felt like a handicapped version of a performance vehicle.

But i never would say that its just a f-body or that people shouldnt mod one, more so today when you can buy many stock vehicles that car do what it does in a straight line yet still do other things ( corner, stop, be comfy, etc).

point is if someone makes something to be fast, its fast. doesnt matter what type of car it is.

and for the OP there really isnt anything special in having a modded vehicle beat a stock one.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

after seeing the tech-specs of a new 5.0 i have been dreading the day one pulls up and wants a piece. if you beat one with bolt ons i guess there's not much to be scared of.. i would be pretty mad if i just paid $30k for a brand new stang and got handled by a bolton fbody

99 TA A4 SLP lid, Borla catback on the way

If I were you I would be scared running into any V8 Mustang other than a stock -98 GT.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Take your lid only t/a to another section and start doing some mods before you can talk **** about how slow anyones car is.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Restricted User

If it breaks it was suppose to be replaced..LOL...
I guess that's true lol. Don't forget to clean out the wheel wels when taking it in to your dealer lol
Old 07-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Restricted User

i am just going to remove myself from this thread as apparently my opinions have struck a bad chord. i apologize if i offended anyone and will not get involved in these type of threads in the future. if you would like to have an intelligent discussion on this subject feel free to pm me. flame away.
Yea you prob shouldn't be in the srk section. Gotta have thick skin in here
Old 07-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

99 TA A4 SLP lid, Borla catback on the way

If I were you I would be scared running into any V8 Mustang other than a stock -98 GT.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

OP NICE KILL... Seems really close and from all we've heard, I'd guess that car was 100% stock, or had "the usual" not so experienced driver Takes most way too long to figure out these high revving V8's.
i have less than 8k into mine so your example doesnt work out.. and do not promise something you do not intend on delivering on. stop threatening to do a honda build and do it! and if your buddies $8k build is a result of "knowing people" he may want to meet some new people

opinions are like ********, everyone has one.. and my opinion is screw buying a new car. i find it humorous that instead of disagreeing and displaying your own opinion you quickly try to move to insults and accuse me of using "ricer math." if peoples opinions bother you that much i dont think automotive forums are the place for you.

as far as me racing your car.. sure! i am not opposed to that. let me just get a comparable amount of mods because obviously my "LID ONLY POS" would not hold up.
The more of this I read, the sillier you seem to be. The point others are making is that you have no room to talk, newbie. They're TRYING to tell you that reality exists. People simply DO buy new cars. You don't have to buy new. Heck, I don't buy new myself.

So what? I don't come onto the forums and say, "Well ****, boys... I only have 20k into my entire car and it runs 9's with no problem AND THEREFORE all those new cars are useless pile's o'****!"

Ya know WHY? Because that would be a silly lie, brought out solely by my foolish and ignorant opinion. One day, these new Camaros and Mustangs will be used and possibly even you'll be able to afford one. If that ever happens, they won't be the laugh you're trying to make them out to be today, I promise. You'd be saying something like, "Damn man... I remember back when I was young and knew everything, how I said those factory stock 12 second pony cars were nothin' compared to my mi-13 second almost stock version just 15yrs older." and others will laugh with you rather than, like today, at you.

You will need comparable mods + a cuple. Your a mid 13 second car. He stock is a high 12 low 13 sec car.
Heh... You bet he will. I think we saw a video of that one running deep in the 12's all stock. If he's to compete with that Mustang, he'd better strongly consider WHICH power adder to use because bolt ons are simply never going to get the job done with that tool.

Well im all out of excuses
Ummm...
Idonno... 8.8 with 31 splines?? Those are very strong. "Back in the day" we took a 3350 lb SN95 deep into the 8's with that set up.

Ya think? Seems not. I paid about 7k for my second to last Honda and it was BONE STOCK and your car will PROBABLY NEVER run as quick as it did no matter how much you sink into it.

The point has been lost on you. Funny too, since it was your silly argument that started the whole thing and you just don't seem capable of "getting it" no matter what.

SIDE NOTE: I was GONNA post this last night, but my power went out and now that I've gone to the trouble, I'm posting anyway!