Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LSX SUPERCHARGED CORVETTE vs. BOOSTED TALON AWD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

both cars were fast IMO... AND THAT VETTE WAS NASSTY!!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Two fast cars..

Also I think in a dig race the vette might not ctahc him in the 1/4..Only one way to find out.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Teching In

that cracked me up to see ETMC at the end, theyre close to me
Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Teching In

it was fun running that vette, no doubt. a dig might have been different, guess one day we'll find out.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by prod
it was fun running that vette, no doubt. a dig might have been different, guess one day we'll find out.
Props for racing a car you know is going to kill you. Nice DSM, but totally different level than a 1000hp vette.

I'd love to see a 1/4 mile run on the street.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSVBiggie
so your driving skill just isnt up to handling the car that you built?

I am just anti Automatics...

Of course they are faster and more predictable... They make you just a monkey behind the wheel instead of someone directly in control of the car..
Dude, you drive a stock gen 1 V... relax mario. I share your enthusiasm for the manuals but,..it's a known fact that once you get to this kind of power level an auto is nearly mandatory for the MAJORITY of people out there. Some people can handle high powered manuals, some cant. Personally i'd never go to an auto but,..until you have driven a 1000rwhp vette on the street,..you may wanna refrain from giving advice.

Originally Posted by meine96ws6
both cars were fast IMO... AND THAT VETTE WAS NASSTY!!!!
word.

Originally Posted by prod
Nice race man. From a dig, unless the vette hooks decent and gets it pedaled... it would tough for it to win, I think. Your car looks like it gets out quick so,..he'd have his hands full from a dig for atleast 1000 feet.

Nice ride.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude, you drive a stock gen 1 V... relax mario. I share your enthusiasm for the manuals but,..it's a known fact that once you get to this kind of power level an auto is nearly mandatory for the MAJORITY of people out there. Some people can handle high powered manuals, some cant. Personally i'd never go to an auto but,..until you have driven a 1000rwhp vette on the street,..you may wanna refrain from giving advice.

word.

Nice race man. From a dig, unless the vette hooks decent and gets it pedaled... it would tough for it to win, I think. Your car looks like it gets out quick so,..he'd have his hands full from a dig for atleast 1000 feet.

Nice ride.
Totally dude, ya def got your head on straight! Perhaps a rematch?? I assure ya though, those 345's on that Vette are sticky! You can literally press your fingers into the rubber, so hookin isn't totally out of the question
Old 07-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Teching In

Surprised the DSM held it off that long.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

so your driving skill just isnt up to handling the car that you built?

I am just anti Automatics...

Of course they are faster and more predictable... They make you just a monkey behind the wheel instead of someone directly in control of the car..
Damn man chill out a little. I love me a stick car myself but as was said before, have you ever personally driven a 1000 HP car on the street? It's no cakewalk when your on the gas I'm sure, and a lot of times going automatic is mandatory since most of the time a stick can't handle the power that a built auto can.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Guy puts his heart, soul, and wallet into a Corvette capable putting down 800+whp and someone rags on him for building an automatic instead of a manual. That's too rich.

Killer corvette, nice DSM, looked like a fun night.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CTSVBIggie you are a complete tool who has no clue what he's talking about. Seriously man, shut that stupid loud clueless mouth of yours before a seagull ***** into it. When you've had 500+ rwhp PERIOD, less yet through a stalled auto on the street, then you MIGHT be able to express an opinion. Which you no doubt have not had, and if you say differently you are lying.

A high powered high stalled auto is just as hard to drive on the street as a stick shift. Seriously. I'm the best stickshift driver I've ever come across, and I always prefer and wanted a stick in any kind of normal sports car, but I'm in a stalled auto with a legit amount of power now and not regretting going the stalled auto route one bit.

Totally different experience is all, once you realize the difficulties involved and the precision you have to have then you will understand. Just try not to stuff those big clown feet of yours too far down your throat before you learn better.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Enlightned not close minded. To be intune with your car you should have as MUCH control as possible and be as involved in the actions of your car.

He isnt going for the feel he is going for the result. He MUST be the fastest... I must enjoy no matter how fast I go...
I'd look for trivial ways to "enjoy" myself too if I had a car as slow as yours.

13 second V1 hating on a stupid fast C6 because it's an auto, the Honda forums are ------------>this way.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Damn man chill out a little. I love me a stick car myself but as was said before, have you ever personally driven a 1000 HP car on the street? It's no cakewalk when your on the gas I'm sure, and a lot of times going automatic is mandatory since most of the time a stick can't handle the power that a built auto can.

My point is simple. No my car is not anything in the same league as that vette. I am sure that at that kind of power a auto is needed. No I won't ever build a car with so much power i couldn't have it as a manual.

As in later posts. That vette was made an automatic as a calculate decision because the owner wanted it to be as FAST as possible. So he built it to a level that I cannot dream of power wise.

All I was saying is I would not have gone so far as to make it unable to drive as a manual.

It is undoubtably a disgustingly fast car. And quite sexy. But for ME taking a car and making it automatic(needed or not) ruins it. If the owner had to for the power so be it.

I know my car is slow but it isn't a Honda. Then again I've seen a number of 10-11 second street civics as well. But y'all getting this butt hurt cause I think that a manual is needed to fully enjoy driving a car is redonkulous. It's my opinion that all automatics are anti driver! And they are, they take control from tr driver. Innthis case it's needed but i still don't like it.

So lighten up and chill a little
Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I always prefer and wanted a stick
Old 07-03-2011, 03:17 AM
9 Second Club

Great video! Both are nice cars; that vette is sick! Sounds like someone has a superiority complex because they "feel" their car and not just drive it...sounds gay to me.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:13 AM

So very very Ghey. Lol.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice race and props to both cars
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Autos are the way to go for the time.......CTSV I agree very boring though. For me the only time a auto is fun is when you are flooring it and that it!

I will say I do love GTR's and until you drive a 600whp car with a GTR quality paddle shift.......it's easy to critique. Driving one is a freaking blast with AWD stability it's like being in a GT5 game.

I can't afford so I degress.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

My point is simple. No my car is not anything in the same league as that vette. I am sure that at that kind of power a auto is needed. No I won't ever build a car with so much power i couldn't have it as a manual.

As in later posts. That vette was made an automatic as a calculate decision because the owner wanted it to be as FAST as possible. So he built it to a level that I cannot dream of power wise.

All I was saying is I would not have gone so far as to make it unable to drive as a manual.

It is undoubtably a disgustingly fast car. And quite sexy. But for ME taking a car and making it automatic(needed or not) ruins it. If the owner had to for the power so be it.

I know my car is slow but it isn't a Honda. Then again I've seen a number of 10-11 second street civics as well. But y'all getting this butt hurt cause I think that a manual is needed to fully enjoy driving a car is redonkulous. It's my opinion that all automatics are anti driver! And they are, they take control from tr driver. Innthis case it's needed but i still don't like it.

So lighten up and chill a little
So much fail. Obviously you don't have alot of experience with cars or driving period. You sound like a 8 yr old. Post your fail somewhere else.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:15 PM

Why. Because I've driven for years and prefer to use a manual? Because I think automatics are only suited to commute. For actual driving it's better to have control over the car.

Short just mashing the throttle it's just not as much fun. Didn't mean to upset all the rednecks, sorry I disagree with your simpleton ways