Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LSX SUPERCHARGED CORVETTE vs. BOOSTED TALON AWD

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Great race, and I thought that looked like Prods car... That **** moves out! And Will if you unleash the the Beast then I have to witness this! Please IM me on FB.. Is that vette on DR?
Nope never heard of him before. I'd be down for some runs though, better get it while my car is slow because for 2k next year she is getting a lot more power and pulling some weight out
Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Nice video! Love to see high HP cars going at it.

I have driven high stall autos before. I must say I love the kick when it shift gears and the way a reverse manual valve body with ratchet shifter works. At the same time I hate the fact I can't control when I want it to shift hard or gently during hard acceleration. I also dislike the sluggish feeling (during normal driving) until the car begins moving from a dead stop. I become bored quickly driving a auto so IMO built autos are only for cars that spend 80% of time at the track.

For me a manual is my preference. The ability to chose any gear at any time, chose your launch rpm at any moment before take off, not needing to change a converter to match your cam, just the sheer fun of banging the gears......the list keeps going..

I can not tell you how many people have tried to convince me to go auto in my chevelle. I know for a fact the car would be faster and more consistent but Im not worried about being the fastest and I don't bracket race. Yeah its harder on parts but my car is 80% street driven so the deadhooking at a track is not a problem for me.

Its all in what you like and what your car is setup to do.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

This whole "your not a car enthusiast unless it has a stick" thing has always cracked me up. I am just the opposite and will not own a car with a manual transmission. (Mostly because I am way more familiar with automatics).

Huzzah !

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Dude, you drive a stock gen 1 V... relax mario. I share your enthusiasm for the manuals but,..it's a known fact that once you get to this kind of power level an auto is nearly mandatory for the MAJORITY of people out there. Some people can handle high powered manuals, some cant. Personally i'd never go to an auto but,..until you have driven a 1000rwhp vette on the street,..you may wanna refrain from giving advice.
Thank you.