Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
i see you took the time to read my mods...did you ATLEAST take the time to read the part i ran 11.3 with issues?..the issues i had was at the time my supercharger belt idler pulley was going out..the bearings where shot to ****...when i pulled it off the belt had actually eaten a quater inch into the pulley ( i did'nt even think rubber could eat through metal but it can)..i was also running 42lb injectors and my fuel pump was'nt giving the PSI i needed..i upgraded to a racetronix pump and 60lb injectors and picked up a good bit of RWHP...and i did'nt have the water meth inj on it then..not the EGR delete either..and i still had the stock LS1 intake on it ...ALOT of chanes have been made to my car since i ran the 11.3 with major fuel and boost issues....if it does'nt run atleast a 10.9 now..i will kill myself lol...i'm guessing atleast a 10.8 tho

oh and i got a number list for you too lol

1. I run STOCK 3.23 gears( not a much better 4.30 ratio like you did) with a wimpy ( launch easy to not break) 7.5 in 10 bolt rear
2.my S/C only makes 6-7 psi..and was'nt nearly making that much with the pulley issues i had...your 11 psi is alot better than the my maybe 3 psi i was making at the time i ran the 11.3
3.and an LS6 intake is a stock ls1 intake..just was'nt availible till 2 years later on the F bodies..but yes i suppose still a mod on my car's year model engine
4. not really a big difference between a stall and having a manual since you can choose what RPM you wanna leave the line at..i'm left to the mercy of the stall ( a 5 speed with 4.30 gears is a way more effective setup than my 4 speed 3000 stalled 3.23 gear ratio setup is)

Like I said I wasn't taking away from your car, it sounds nice and when you get the problems ironed out it should run good. I was just bringing a couple Mustangs to your attention. Any time you go to the track you might have issues, however if you turn them into reasons why you ran slower then that is only excuses. Nice car and keep stomping the stangs.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Pretty impressive setup you got there. What are your future plans for it?
thanks man!...well my plan for right now is to just get it back to the track and get some 10 second passes in..i had the ability to run 10's last time i went but was having major belt slip issues ( bearing where going out in the S/C idler pulley) as well as fuel pressure issues that i have rectified with larger injectors and a racetronix pump as well as more dyno tuning ..aslo added a few other mods since i ran low 11's a few months back

after i get the 10 seocnd passes down on my next track trip ( the closest nice drag strip is 2 hours away) i will be putting in a stronger rearend soon... have'nt decided if i want to do a 12 bolt or 9 inch yet..but either one will be having a set of 3.73 gears...much better than the 3.23 i got now lol
i have other plans down the road...when money permits
Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Man i finally get to Kuwait and this thread is still alive.
HOLY **** SGT...you on ANOTHER deploymet?!?!???...we best watch out for you if so..you gona boost that 5.0 when you get back???

or are you coming back from a deployment?
Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I've posted time slips, dyno sheets, and videos. Lets see yours. Or hell if you want to take a trip come to SC and give the Mustangs a whirl.
I have whats called a job lol. Not like you who can spend all day at home as a stay at home dad while your wife works lmao. And lets see those video's of your low 11 second pass. I do have a vid of my 12.3 on shitty dr's and 89 octane with 1400 d/a, but I have not seen your low 11 sec mustang yet
Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by s346k
i'd guess they didn't want to waste the gas money on a senseless race. it'd be like you taking up a race with an econoline van towing a speed boat. not worth anyone's time really haha.
not sure how to take that..i'ma just assume you where being sarcastic ?!!?
maybe meaning a Termi would own my car in a race?!?..would you like to see a video of me beating a modded Termi?...Termi's are easy work for me..you average pulley mod/ exhaust/ dyno tuned Termi is a chump race for me...if they are'nt running a whipple or KB then they have no chance usually...and even with the KB ,they better have other mods to boot along with somone that can shift that 6 speed like a mad man..if not.. me>

man i cant' wait to race my buds soon to bee 700 RWHP (after he adds the NOS) KB Termi cobra...you can bet that ****'s gona be on camera and all over youtube and LS1Tech about 5 mins after the race lol
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
I have whats called a job lol. Not like you who can spend all day at home as a stay at home dad while your wife works lmao. And lets see those video's of your low 11 second pass. I do have a vid of my 12.3 on shitty dr's and 89 octane with 1400 d/a, but I have not seen your low 11 sec mustang yet
Post up proof of your runs. I've done the same. And I'm still at work.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned

Post up proof of your runs. I've done the same. And I'm still at work.
i'm interested in seeing the vids also...i'm still new to LS1Tech..but i dont' see them on the thread..maybe i'm looking in the wrong place..where may i find them?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Restricted User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBIs...el_video_title
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

i'm interested in seeing the vids also...i'm still new to LS1Tech..but i dont' see them on the thread..maybe i'm looking in the wrong place..where may i find them?
Search my name, this is brought up about once a month. Also if you want more proof search my name on SVTP, Stangnet, and Corral. I have complete build threads there.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

I've posted time slips, dyno sheets, and videos. Lets see yours. Or hell if you want to take a trip come to SC and give the Mustangs a whirl.
I'm your huckleberry. I may be coming threw there in September, if so I'll let ya know.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Teching In

HOLY **** SGT...you on ANOTHER deploymet?!?!???...we best watch out for you if so..you gona boost that 5.0 when you get back???

or are you coming back from a deployment?
He's going to one. And I won't share his plans for when he gets back
Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Banned

nice run bro
Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by garner
He's going to one. And I won't share his plans for when he gets back
my mind is wondering....boosted 5.0's ( the new ones not the ***** old ones) are ******* MONSTERS...when Chuck Norris goes to sleep he looks under his bed for a boosted 2011 5.0
Old 07-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm your huckleberry. I may be coming threw there in September, if so I'll let ya know.
Good deal!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:18 PM
Restricted User

nice run bro
Thanks man. Just wish I would have been running on 91 octane and had some 315 dr's or slicks. I think it would have ran a 12.0-12.1. I can't decide if I should wait to put my cam in and try to run 11's with just bolt-ons or just go ahead and do it.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Banned

Search my name, this is brought up about once a month. Also if you want more proof search my name on SVTP, Stangnet, and Corral. I have complete build threads there.
forgive my Noobness but i searched your name and only found a GSXR 1k kills a Z06 story and some Forenza TT vip vs a GT story ( was fake but you almost had me going ..i wa slike TT Viper..HOLY SHEEEOT!lol)...could you be a dear and just post the vid..i'm sure you have done it many times but ..1 more time for someone else would be nice of you ...if you want to see any of my vids my entire Youtube channel has a link in my sig..i even have a vid in there or me nearly beating my freinds modded GSXR 1000..he got me by a couple cars in the quatermile ( this was also back when i was having them boost and fuel issues)
Old 07-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

forgive my Noobness but i searched your name and only found a GSXR 1k kills a Z06 story and some Forenza TT vip vs a GT story ( was fake but you almost had me going ..i wa slike TT Viper..HOLY SHEEEOT!lol)...could you be a dear and just post the vid..i'm sure you have done it many times but ..1 more time for someone else would be nice of you ...if you want to see any of my vids my entire Youtube channel has a link in my sig..i even have a vid in there or me nearly beating my freinds modded GSXR 1000..he got me by a couple cars in the quatermile ( this was also back when i was having them boost and fuel issues)
Search me on youtube. I'm at my work computer and have no access to my vids. I also have a video of the Mach1 in my sig ALMOST beating a procharged C6, but its not on youtube.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

search me on youtube while you guys are at it
Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Teching In

my mind is wondering....boosted 5.0's ( the new ones not the ***** old ones) are ******* MONSTERS...when Chuck Norris goes to sleep he looks under his bed for a boosted 2011 5.0
Hell yeah they are. I'd love to see a boosted coyote 5.0 vs a boosted ls1. We have a trans am here from a performance shop and one time he was racing, and he did a burnout the whole 1/4 mile cause he had no traction so he just stood on it. If you're ever down here I'll try to get you a race with a girl I go to school with, her mom, and her dad; all three have super snakes and the dad's is putting out like 800 rwhp
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Search me on youtube. I'm at my work computer and have no access to my vids. I also have a video of the Mach1 in my sig ALMOST beating a procharged C6, but its not on youtube.
was he in 6th gear? 480+whp c6 should smoke a 308whp mach1 pending he knows how to floor it. if thats really wat mods u have

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0