Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Obviously a Mach 1 will never run 12.6@109
Thats funny. I did that with my 98 with bolt-ons about 8yrs ago. It was the fastest it went at full weight on a dr. I wonder what it would have done with mach 1 heads. I hate you guys with your killer heads.

-Mark
Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the bolt on Mach 1 in the sig...I'd have to agree.
I'll give you credit. You know when not to dig yourself into a hole. Unless if it is a man hole
Old 07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by willizm
I'll give you credit. You know when not to dig yourself into a hole. Unless if it is a man hole
Ah I could do this and that and have the Mach running 10's next week but I want to keep it a little fish in the lake.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Redfire 03 I like opinions.. To bad ilovechevy lives so far away because we have plenty of mustangs that would have fun with that mustang killer ss of his.
10 second full interior daily driven mustangs with A/C ??...i run into some modded GT500's and Termi Corbra's with a KB or whipple (along with other mods of course) that give me a lil trouble every now and again...but they are few and far between and they still loose..true story

i do have a race coming up with a guy in my car club who has an 04 Cobra..he's got a KB with about 18PSi (to my lil 6-7 psi) he made 581 RWHP just like it sits and now he's been talking about putting a 100 shot on it (he already has it in his possesion) so I'ma be looking at a race beween my 520 RWHP SS against his nearly 700 RWHP Termi..funny part is..i know i'll win
REASONs below
1.he has 315 nitto DR's and i have 315 MT DR's ( MT's hook waaay better)
2. i have a built and stalled auto and he has a manual with stock gears
3.his car is heavier
4.i have about 150 drag strip passes under my belt and about 80 or so street races...he has 0 of either type of racing experience
5. a noob driving a 700 RWHP manual car is going to be funny to watch
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Restricted User

Ah I could do this and that and have the Mach running 10's next week but I want to keep it a little fish in the lake.
So in under a week you can turn a 12 sec car into a 10 second car? Going for a 250 shot or what?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Yea, such a shame a 95 5.0 wont keep up with a 03 z06 motor.
A 95 5.0 would'nt keep up with my mom's 95 Impala SS, I raced them. If you think I'm dumb enough to believe that with only 8#'s of boost you can 11's your a complete fool. 95 5.0 ran mid 15's
Old 07-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Well lets go for a little walk here and have a chat. To be totally honest, I couldn't see myself in a Mustang really , I just have this feeling I would hate myself over a cup of coffee every day for it lol. Seriously I guess I'm exagerating my Mustang hatred a little; but whenever I rode in a Mustang, no matter how nice it was it always seemed "not home" for me.

If I was forced to choose between a new SS and a new 5.0, I'd buy an ls3 vette . Although realistically, I would actually consider the SS though, and not even test drive the 5.0. It just doesn't interest me, I don't like how they look really and to be honest, I wouldn't leave either one stock for long anyways. I know the SS's are heavy, and stock they seem to be out performed by the coyote, but the LS3 mods up real nice and packaged in the SS makes for a pretty nice ride imo. Also, even though I like the solid rear axle setup best, that SS has a pretty nice setup for backroad sprited driving and isn't a pos from what I can tell.

There, I did my little side-tracked excursion, did it throw you ******* off the scent of such fascinating topics as Stop's 308rwhp (or is it? ) Mach? Lol, hope so .

Btw, I'm not stirring the pot here (maybe I am ), I'm just being totally honest. I know the 5.0 is fast, it does turn my head when I see them (not my favorite body style and rear, but hey), but there are a lot of faster cars that I could have afforded, yet I still went with the hawk. That's all I'm saying really. It's all what you like I guess, and that's why the Ford/Chevy rivalry will never be dead...unless they merge lol.
i could'nt agree with you more man because i know exactly what you mean...i have owned 2 stangs before an 89 GT with a few mods and a stock 97 3.8L manual stang...i never felt at home in these cars like i have in my camaro's and firebird's i have owned...just the way cars sit and feel inside them is either a big turn on or turn off...and stangs ..no matter the year models always turn me off

they do look good and some are fast...they just are'nt for me..i have been on both sides of the fence and my grass is greener here on the GM side.
GM has had waaay more years of the LT1 and LS1's being faster than the base model V8 mustangs....this is another huge reason i'll stay GM..even tho the new 5.0's are on top for now...the General is a master at mustang butt kicking..and he's not ready to retire just yet
Old 07-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
i could'nt agree with you more man because i know exactly what you mean...i have owned 2 stangs before an 89 GT with a few mods and a stock 97 3.8L manual stang...i never felt at home in these cars like i have in my camaro's and firebird's i have owned...just the way cars sit and feel inside them is either a big turn on or turn off...and stangs ..no matter the year models always turn me off

they do look good and some are fast...they just are'nt for me..i have been on both sides of the fence and my grass is greener here on the GM side.
GM has had waaay more years of the LT1 and LS1's being faster than the base model V8 mustangs....this is another huge reason i'll stay GM..even tho the new 5.0's are on top for now...the General is a master at mustang butt kicking..and he's not ready to retire just yet
I will to that!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned

10 second full interior daily driven mustangs with A/C ??...i run into some modded GT500's and Termi Corbra's with a KB or whipple (along with other mods of course) that give me a lil trouble every now and again...but they are few and far between and they still loose..true story

i do have a race coming up with a guy in my car club who has an 04 Cobra..he's got a KB with about 18PSi (to my lil 6-7 psi) he made 581 RWHP just like it sits and now he's been talking about putting a 100 shot on it (he already has it in his possesion) so I'ma be looking at a race beween my 520 RWHP SS against his nearly 700 RWHP Termi..funny part is..i know i'll win
REASONs below
3.his car is heavier
4.i have about 150 drag strip passes under my belt and about 80 or so street races...he has 0 of either type of racing experience
Yes Street cars a/c pwr steering stock leather seats etc.. Some of which without fi and some with Sounds like you are racing a car that might have trouble staying on the road much less racing it.

Last edited by automach1; 07-20-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
So in under a week you can turn a 12 sec car into a 10 second car? Going for a 250 shot or what?
No just throw some parts on that I have laying around. They aren't for this car but funny thing is alot of parts that fit on a 99 Cobra will fit on a Mach 1.

But I really want to see how fast I can get it to go with nothing but bolt ons. Maybe, 12.8????

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 07-20-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A 95 5.0 would'nt keep up with my mom's 95 Impala SS, I raced them. If you think I'm dumb enough to believe that with only 8#'s of boost you can 11's your a complete fool. 95 5.0 ran mid 15's
I never once said I didn't think you were that dumb.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't want to take anything away from your car so don't take it that way. But how can you nut swing a brand so hard when your car is

1:an automatic
2:stalled
3:has a blower
4:is cammed
5:has meth injection
6:different intake manifold

and it runs low 11's?

Let me nut swing my Cobra alittle harder since we are on the topic of it...

My mod list was following

1:blower @11psi
2:stock intake
3:stock cams
4:stock MANUAL T45 with just a shifter
5:4.30 gears

THATS IT! And I ran 10.9@126mph and usually on an average night was 11.1-11.2@124-126

Ok call it how you will...What about Bitemrk that has posted in here and has a BOLT ON 4.6 N/A that runs mid 11's?

Again not taking anything away from your car. But I don't see how the general is kicking any butt here.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

REASONs below
3.his car is heavier

So you are implying that there are no full interior Mustangs with ac,ps with a manual trans that can beat you?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

I don't want to take anything away from your car so don't take it that way. But how can you nut swing a brand so hard when your car is

and it runs low 11's?

THATS IT! And I ran 10.9@126mph and usually on an average night was 11.1-11.2@124-126

Ok call it how you will...What about Bitemrk that has posted in here and has a BOLT ON 4.6 N/A that runs mid 11's?

Again not taking anything away from your car. But I don't see how the general is kicking any butt here.
Now you're getting desperate. Seems you'll do anything to downplay 'IloveChevy1's car; for example, throwing tale-tale stories out there like the one above. Jealous much??
Old 07-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not at all
Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Pretty impressive setup you got there. What are your future plans for it?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Restricted User

and it runs low 11's?

A cam isn't a bolt-on. And look where he runs probably -2000 d/a with full slicks/skinnies weight reduction
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Looks like the irrational mustang hatred in this thread is getting as deep as the GTO hating on SVTP from that other thread.
WTF...
Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Not at all
Doesn't look like it to me. Just admit it, his car will murder your roostang.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Doesn't look like it to me. Just admit it, his car will murder your roostang.
Which one of his mustangs?

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs 5.0