Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z06 VS Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's just not my type of car..and if i owned a ZR1 i would be the king of the trailer park lol....the Lambo styling is cool and all but paddle shifter is a no go for me..dont' like the idea..not to meantion the styling of it..well..it's just not American ...just my preference..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
it's just not my type of car..and if i owned a ZR1 i would be the king of the trailer park lol....the Lambo styling is cool and all but paddle shifter is a no go for me..dont' like the idea..not to meantion the styling of it..well..it's just not American ...just my preference..
Oh you can only get the Lambos in paddle shifters? Hmm, learn something new every day
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So much ignorance. It's kind of laughable.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
So much ignorance. It's kind of funny.
Wow, learn english.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Um... if you have an AWD Gallardo you would be just fine.
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Like a soft launch and still run a 9.1 @ 169mph?

The LP570 is an amazing car. Consistently run best-ever CZ6 times, beat ZR1s from a dig most of the time, nice.
You're right, I forgot about AWD.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I owned a ZR1 I would be the king of the trailer park lol

I didn't catch that the first time around! lol
Old 07-21-2011, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
Wow, learn english.

Don't make me get Odarabla
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Sorry guess I have something loose in the head to cause I would prefer the C6Z or ZR1 over any excotic. I love American cars
Old 07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gregsss
Sorry guess I have something loose in the head to cause I would prefer the C6Z or ZR1 over any excotic. I love American cars
Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Oh you can only get the Lambos in paddle shifters? Hmm, learn something new every day
actaully i think you may be right..i'm not sure if the Gallardo does have paddle shifters or not..i'm thinking about the Lambo Reventon..much more expensive..but has the paddle shifters definately

honestly there is ONLY 1 thing that even remotely appeals to me with the Gallardo that is somewhat cool..that is the AWD that is split up to 30% fron and 70% rear..all the traction but with the feel of still being RWHD ( quoted from Edmunds lol)
Old 07-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would take this car over 3 new ZR1s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J_CY...eature=related

And this red one over 6 ZR1s...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Ub5...eature=related

Exotics are something Chevy will never...ever..............evvvver be able to come close to.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 07-23-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Exotics are something Chevy will never...ever..............evvvver be able to come close to.
Yes your right, its called WAY over priced lol Enjoy the first rebuild on the lambo... Youll be able to buy another zr1 lol
Old 07-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Yes your right, its called WAY over priced lol Enjoy the first rebuild on the lambo... Youll be able to buy another zr1 lol
Oh I get it. You guys would rather have the ZR1 over a Lambo because they are cheaper and you could afford them better. lol I thought you guys meant it because you liked the C6 better.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh I get it. You guys would rather have the ZR1 over a Lambo because they are cheaper and you could afford them better. lol I thought you guys meant it because you liked the C6 better.
No, I just like my
Old 07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Banned

easy there bud with the "Chevy can NEVER come close to being an exotic" bull hockey!!...last time i checked the ZR1 performed as well and in some cases even out performed some Lambo's, ferrari's, and Porshe's....and last time i also checked it even murded the Ford GT around the NURBURGRING by a few seconds...those cars are all made of plastic and fibergalss and alluminum just like the ZR1 and every other car is...and i personally dont' care for the way they sound..if you want a car that sounds like a GSXR 1000 then that's all you...but me i want my car to shake the earth

nothing special about a Lambo except their NAME!!

ppl are paying for thier names and the looks of it..not the performance vs dollar aspect

to me American styled cars look better..sound better and outperfrom the competition for half the price...what would you rather be in while racing? ..a ZR1 that cost half the price of the lambo you are racing ,and possibly beat..or the Lambo that cost 2X as much and loose in it?..atleast if you lost in the ZR1 you can say " well i barely lost to an exotic that cost 2X more than my car"

or be in the Lambo saying " FML i just got beat by an American car that cost half the price of my car"...

the ZR1 is a exotic killer..it has been proven it can outperform cars that cost way more...and for that aspect it apeals to me more than a car that performs as well or less for way more money..and not to mention the mullet laws () mullet law #1 specifically states!!...NO exotics..even if given to you they must only be driven far enough to sell it at an auction ..the result wil be having enough money to buy the largest trailer in the trailer park and own either a combo of 5 camaro's and 2 firebird's...or a highly modded vette
Old 07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In that contradiction, you proved his point.

easy there bud with the "Chevy can NEVER come close to being an exotic" bull hockey!!...last time i checked the ZR1 performed as well and in some cases even out performed some Lambo's, ferrari's, and Porshe's....and last time i also checked it even murded the Ford GT around the NURBURGRING by a few seconds...those cars are all made of plastic and fibergalss and alluminum just like the ZR1 and every other car is...and i personally dont' care for the way they sound..if you want a car that sounds like a GSXR 1000 then that's all you...but me i want my car to shake the earth

nothing special about a Lambo except their NAME!!

ppl are paying for thier names and the looks of it..not the performance vs dollar aspect

to me American styled cars look better..sound better and outperfrom the competition for half the price...what would you rather be in while racing? ..a ZR1 that cost half the price of the lambo you are racing ,and possibly beat..or the Lambo that cost 2X as much and loose in it?..atleast if you lost in the ZR1 you can say " well i barely lost to an exotic that cost 2X more than my car"

or be in the Lambo saying " FML i just got beat by an American car that cost half the price of my car"...

the ZR1 is a exotic killer..it has been proven it can outperform cars that cost way more...and for that aspect it apeals to me more than a car that performs as well or less for way more money..and not to mention the mullet laws () mullet law #1 specifically states!!...NO exotics..even if given to you they must only be driven far enough to sell it at an auction ..the result wil be having enough money to buy the largest trailer in the trailer park and own either a combo of 5 camaro's and 2 firebird's...or a highly modded vette
Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aren't the Gallardo's the "slow" lamborghini's? Relatively speaking of course, but iirc, they seem to get beat up quite a bit in 'street races...

I respect the corvette's performance and esp the zr1 and latest z06's, but it's still just a 'vette and no comparing it to something like a lambo or ferrari, as far as exotic goes...Still a good car and awesome performance, but you just can't compare them, even if the performance is same or better. However, in the 'real world' for most people, owning a true exotic, much less modifying one, is not practical or affordable, so that's where a 'vette shines, although it's a shame you see three or more everyday on the road.

Given a choice, I'd take a lambo over a vette, or even a viper or a cobra over a vette; heck I'd even take a super modified pro touring 'muscle car' over one, but also wouldn't turn down a vette either if it was free or cheap. I was at the dealer the other day looking at some used cars and thought I'd peak at the prices...GS vettes are $65k now, WTF! They're not even 'cheap' anymore, yikes...Guy was telling me z06's are like 80k now?!? So much for the inexpensive argument, lol. Nice thing is they get cheap pretty quick for a used model.

I am impressed at the Z06's performance out of the box though and if I were into vettes, that would be one fun machine to own! Just don't compare it to a true exotic in any way except maybe some performance aspects. I'm not a nutswinger on exotics, btw, just saying how it is...In fact, I'd prefer something american, older and more practical anyday, but some of those exotics sure are sexy
Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Restricted User

Anyone that would choose a Chebby over a Lamborghini has something loose in their head.
It depends at how you look at it. If you were given one and had to pay insurance and maintenance on the car than I bet everyone would be asking for the z06 cuz those exotics are not cheap to keep around. Now if you were a billionare I can see where some would buy the lambo, but in that case I would probably have the Enzo Ferrari or a bugatti veyron. If I had to choose between zr1 and lambo than I choose zr1.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take this car over 3 new ZR1s...

you talking styling or what? hype? we have all seen twin turbo vettes that put down that kind of power.

what features do these lamborghinis have that chevy will never come close to? understeer that comes from lamborghini's heavy awd? fruity sales pitches? lambo doors... it's the doors that do it for you, right?
Old 07-23-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One look at the two, lol; even by a "non car" person who can tell the lambos (or ferraris, lotus', etc. etc.) are something special and not something everybody can own or appreciate. There's just an aura to them that no vette will match. It's like comapring a turbo honda that runs 10's to a nice vette...yeah, the honda may be faster, but it's an economy car at the end of the day and well, just a honda that happens to be fast...Not saying a vette is an economy car and again will say they're nice, but you cannot compare it to any exotic, other than maybe some performance figures. And, there are so many cars out there that are close to 'vette performance that also add some uniqueness (like I said, at least 3 or 4 C6's everyday + who knows how many older ones) and practicality.

Anyway, who cares really, it's all talk on here...I think it's cool the z06 can really put up a good fight on things that cost much more, but at the end of the day, it still doesn't compare in most ways. I doubt I'd ever own either (lamobo or vette), but given a choice...However, I'd buy a viper long before a vette...even those seem more exotic, but shame it's a new chrysler (hate new chryslers, after owning one).

Quick Reply: Z06 VS Gallardo