Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z06 VS Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
so you want the car for the status of them?...dude if the price of a Lambo or something of the like was lowered to that of a Zo6 vette (wich performs as well as most of them) then you could bet your sweet *** that nobody would really want them anymore...rappers/and rich ppl buy them not only because they can afford them and not because they want the performance..they buy them because it's a car that rich ppl are suppose to have..the cars are more of a stereotype more than anything...and sorry for being "niave" but to me a car that cost 13k beating a car that cost 150k or more is ******* PRICELESS LOL...you take your Italian (they are all **** anyways lol) hand made car..i will take my much cheaper SS ...they are all made of plastic/alluminum and fibergalss just like my car is...if the Lambo is'nt made of some metal found off of a wrecked alien spacecraft then to me..it's just another car..even if it is rare...only due to their price!!...the ZR1 and Zo6 have proven many times it can outperfom them richy rich cars...and to me you have to have ***** to drive a bad *** muscle car...to alot of real car guys..ppl in Exotics are usually considered..richy snobby **** with too much money and not enough brains to build thier own fast car....honestly i think your firebird looks just as sporty as an exotic...it's the rariety of them that has your mind clouded about how bad you want it..
Of course its status!!!! What the Hell do you think the extra 100k is tacked on for? They don't buy them for the performance, something you obviously do.t understand.

My trans am looks aggressive... park it next to an exotic after I skull **** it, I get zero looks while I squeak and rattle in my cheap *** 30k$ Interior that is purpose built to do what I did and everyone and their brother could afford what I have. It's nothing special or surprising I can beat it.. same goes for beating a 600... they are built to turn, beat one in a straight line, woooohoooo I guess.
and after reading your comment again...all i gathered from it was you think i'm dumb..and you want the Lambo ONLY becuase of it being RARE!!!....

alot of things in life are rare...does'nt mean you get it.

American cars are better to me because they have managed to provide cars that look good and perform better alot of the times over their European counterparts in the same class of car...all while being waaaay cheaper...kinda like when motor trend compared the new 5,0 stang with the BMW M3..the 5.0 won the comaprison..and was way cheaper...but i bet you would want the M3 huh?..because it's more rare?..lol
Lol... much cheaper for many reasons. American cars are known for the **** interior they have, that extra 20k is on there for a reason. Ride and interiors. Performance, believe it or not, is.t everything.

M3 is a joke while we are talking about exotics. I wouldn't buy either but if I had to choose, 5.0.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whatever dude...if you want a overpriced..overhyped car just becuase it's rare and the doors go up instead of out..then that's all for you...i guess next time instead of buying a TA maybe you should save your money a lil more and buy a car a lil higher up the status you believe is so cool...you could have spent a few more $$ and got a BMW...or a mercedes...those are more rare and more expensive than my car..not by much but hey you got to start somewhere lol....some ppl out there (like me) could give a **** less about the status portion of what the car represents...to me i see a ******* CAR!!...with 4 wheels...2 doors..seats..and a steering wheel..price aside lets line them ******* up and see what happens...that's what a real man would do...a *** would be like "oh but the status symbol"....**** that noise!! ..i'ma go drink a beer and scratch my nuts now...have fun drinking your white wine and watching Top Gear
Old 07-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Banned

I dont' like you ...lol but you atleast redeemed yourslef for the picking of the 5.0 over an M3....but you got to get where i'm coming from guy..i'm from south GA..i was raised on dirtroads and grew up hunting and **** like that..a country boy if you will..i could see how maybe a city guy who all he workd for is trying to impress ppl with what he drives or how big of a house he lives in..but to me..i dont' care about that stuff...i'm a money vs performance type of person...if there are 2 objects and both do the same exact thing and have the same perfomace...the cheapest one is a no brainer...and the person who pays more becuase they are'nt smart enough to realize the extra cost does'nt always mean you get something better..well..they are the dumb ones to my country ***
Old 07-24-2011, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

http://aqrna.com/wp-content/uploads/...-Edition-1.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wYMoayPHBD...+n+Porsche.jpg
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal.../ferrari_3.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5169/...f4db6c84d4.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...otic8.jpg/sr=1
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5sYmgmXK9K...gani_Zonda.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-K4Ct1Ojfev...r-1280x960.jpg
http://www.fittedlife.com/images/Koenigsegg-CCXR.jpg
http://24thgalaxy.com/wp-content/upl...g-CCX-2007.jpg
http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-conte...-side-view.jpg

Fwiw... those last three would absolutely destroy you on the drag strip, from a roll, top speed, braking, turning, and at a car show. You would have nothing for them.
I don't need to show you what our piles look like, you already know there is zero comparison.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

but yes...i agree..the interiors of our cars are shitty compared to them...our cars dont' ride or handle as well either..altho a few $$ in mods can fix all that stuff...also..if Exotics where more affordable..and the makers of them just did'nt slap a ridiculous price on them just becuase they can..then maybe i would look at them to even be a realistic car..but to me..these cars are too rare..they are too overpriced...and thier performance while awesome does'nt warrant their huge price...they are a fairy tale for most Americans and that's where they should remain..in our dreams.....from what you are telling me tho...if GM had mad the ZR1 cost 400k...then it would be an exotic and therefore ??..more cool?...GM did the right thing..making a car that can spank an exotic all the while being affordable to a averaged paid working American...who knows how to save money lol
Old 07-24-2011, 01:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

whatever dude...if you want a overpriced..overhyped car just becuase it's rare and the doors go up instead of out..then that's all for you...i guess next time instead of buying a TA maybe you should save your money a lil more and buy a car a lil higher up the status you believe is so cool...you could have spent a few more $$ and got a BMW...or a mercedes...those are more rare and more expensive than my car..not by much but hey you got to start somewhere lol....some ppl out there (like me) could give a **** less about the status portion of what the car represents...to me i see a ******* CAR!!...with 4 wheels...2 doors..seats..and a steering wheel..price aside lets line them ******* up and see what happens...that's what a real man would do...a *** would be like "oh but the status symbol"....**** that noise!! ..i'ma go drink a beer and scratch my nuts now...have fun drinking your white wine and watching Top Gear
I'm selling my car to buy a c5zo6.
Who Is the *** when you line up next to a bone stock zonda/ccx/aero and get demolished I. Anything you pick? I already got shitty off a few tall bud lights, you arent telling me anything.
I dont' like you ...lol but you atleast redeemed yourslef for the picking of the 5.0 over an M3....but you got to get where i'm coming from guy..i'm from south GA..i was raised on dirtroads and grew up hunting and **** like that..a country boy if you will..i could see how maybe a city guy who all he workd for is trying to impress ppl with what he drives or how big of a house he lives in..but to me..i dont' care about that stuff...i'm a money vs performance type of person...if there are 2 objects and both do the same exact thing and have the same perfomace...the cheapest one is a no brainer...and the person who pays more becuase they are'nt smart enough to realize the extra cost does'nt always mean you get something better..well..they are the dumb ones to my country ***
I do... Why don't you Google winchester Tennessee? Lynchburg ring a bell? It dont get too much more country than this, hub. You know nothing about me and are making terrible assumptions. I'm a good hour away from anything you would call a city.
What you dont get is your money didn't get you what his money did. Is braking the one and only aspect of performance now? To most fbody guys, sure... cause its all they can compete in and be good at for cheap. Even the Corvette guys say, take it to the turns. Your car doesn't even hold a candle to 95% of exotics in performance, go do some research, we are talking the lowest of the low in this thread.

I'm done, you win. just because I was raised in a country town just like you doesn't mean I have to be close minded ignorant and naive about things that are different or things I dont know about.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

but yes...i agree..the interiors of our cars are shitty compared to them...our cars dont' ride or handle as well either..altho a few $$ in mods can fix all that stuff...also..if Exotics where more affordable..and the makers of them just did'nt slap a ridiculous price on them just becuase they can..then maybe i would look at them to even be a realistic car..but to me..these cars are too rare..they are too overpriced...and thier performance while awesome does'nt warrant their huge price...they are a fairy tale for most Americans and that's where they should remain..in our dreams.....from what you are telling me tho...if GM had mad the ZR1 cost 400k...then it would be an exotic and therefore ??..more cool?...GM did the right thing..making a car that can spank an exotic all the while being affordable to a averaged paid working American...who knows how to save money lol
I could give you 10k$ and the interior or feel still wouldnt compare to an exotic. Do you know what alcantara is? You CAN'T make it somehing it isn't. Period. No amount of money would put an fbody on an exotics level. Handling goes with it.
You are paying for just a name, research the cars.

The zr1 would get bitch slapped by plenty of exotics, just because you don't know they exist doesn't mean its not true. Sure, it can beat quite a few exotics, but don't lump them in one group... They run from 11s@115 all the way to 9s@140+.
No matter the price tag a Corvette will never be an exotic. It would just be an overpriced Corvette.

I'm assuming you have never seen a true exotic up close and personal? Heard them in person? Etc etc.. I don't mean passed it on the road, got to check it out.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Banned

yes a few of those cars looked pretty awesome IMO..a couple where Fugly to me..and yes i agree those last couple on the list would hurt my feelings...but the Aero also outperforms the Buggati..a car that cost 2X as much...that's car that is i was a rich person..i would buy it maybe..but honestly i would throw a few more $$ into my heap of dog **** and beat those cars at top speed and at the drag strip..."cornering and braking" honestly i have never cared for that stuff...grew up drag racing...the only reason i even upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads was becuase it's hard to slow down from 120mph sometimes...sorry man..i get your point as to why you like them..they are rare and expensive and well made..i got that..but they can't physically doing anything better than some of our cars that have had the money put into the right places in modding certain aspects...and somtimes there is no need to mod the looks of our cars..they are American in styling..that is enough to make them appeal to some others...you do realize that in some countries..OUR cars are considered exotic..rare and way more expensive then they are for us
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

BTW, not just the interior is shitty, the entire car is... Everything. You are comparing a 30k American car to a 200+k foreign car. They are a pile of ****.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by lemons12
BTW, not just the interior is shitty, the entire car is... Everything. You are comparing a 30k American car to a 200+k foreign car. They are a pile of ****.
Your coming off as a complete dick now man. What you think is shitty may be gold to someone else. It is your opinion that these cars are shitty and the interior is shitty. I think mine is pretty nice. I don't expect it to be the same as a 100k car, but I don't think it is shitty and it does the job just fine for me.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Banned

I could give you 10k$ and the interior or feel still wouldnt compare to an exotic. Do you know what alcantara is? You CAN'T make it somehing it isn't. Period. No amount of money would put an fbody on an exotics level. Handling goes with it.
You are paying for just a name, research the cars.

The zr1 would get bitch slapped by plenty of exotics, just because you don't know they exist doesn't mean its not true. Sure, it can beat quite a few exotics, but don't lump them in one group... They run from 11s@115 all the way to 9s@140+.
No matter the price tag a Corvette will never be an exotic. It would just be an overpriced Corvette.

I'm assuming you have never seen a true exotic up close and personal? Heard them in person? Etc etc.. I don't mean passed it on the road, got to check it out.
yes..i have seen them...go to alot of car shows and what not...i have never driven one...but if i had to choose between driving..let's say an extremly rare Enzo..or a 1500 RWHP vette that run's 8's ..has A/C and still has the heated seats in it..(there is one of those..GMHTP featured it a few months back) then i'ma choose the beastly 1500 RWHP vette...that's more exotic than an Enzo if you ask me...call me retarded...but there is NOTHING like the sound of a high HP American V8 shaking the ground and the straitline power and feel of being hopeless in keeping that monster on the road somtimes..Exotics are alot of things and they do alot of things better than our muscle cars..but there is one thing they are'nt...and that's an American muscle car..like I as saying before..in other countries our cars are considered amazing and Exotic to them..take my car to the UK..and lets see if they want to go look at the Gallardo they are used to seeing..or the black ,whistling(from the S/C) rumbling , American V8 camaro SS...bet i will gather a crowd quickly...and so would your car
Old 07-24-2011, 01:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

yes a few of those cars looked pretty awesome IMO..a couple where Fugly to me..and yes i agree those last couple on the list would hurt my feelings...but the Aero also outperforms the Buggati..a car that cost 2X as much...that's car that is i was a rich person..i would buy it maybe..but honestly i would throw a few more $$ into my heap of dog **** and beat those cars at top speed and at the drag strip..."cornering and braking" honestly i have never cared for that stuff...grew up drag racing...the only reason i even upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads was becuase it's hard to slow down from 120mph sometimes...sorry man..i get your point as to why you like them..they are rare and expensive and well made..i got that..but they can't physically doing anything better than some of our cars that have had the money put into the right places in modding certain aspects...and somtimes there is no need to mod the looks of our cars..they are American in styling..that is enough to make them appeal to some others...you do realize that in some countries..OUR cars are considered exotic..rare and way more expensive then they are for us
I think you know very little about exotics honestly... Of you knew more I think your tune would change drastically. We won't even come remotely close to 250mph top speed with our pocket books. Even if you dont care for it, corners and stopping is part of performance, just as straight line.
Fwiw, drilled and blotted rotors stop worse than blanks drilled blotted rotors are an appearance upgrade.

The only thing that some can't do better is straight line speed at a drag strip. And I'm talking stock versus highly modded. Even at that the higher end ones would take 95% of the cars on this board for what they are purpose built for. Finally got you to see all other aspects, you should understand this as we. Plenty of exotics would destroy most purpose built "drag cars on here"... At the same time the exotic can turn brake have 200+k interiors hand made the list goes on, and were talking stock still. THEY HAVE IT ALL AND THEN SOME!
Our cars aren't considered exotics anywhere. They are considered American muscle/pony cars, nothing more.

I love gm American muscle sports cars, I will always own one. However, I'm not ignorant enough to compare it to an exotic for any reason. At the end of the day, Im still in a trans am. I ha e a purpose built car that can beat some low end exotics at the one thing my car Is built for, EVERYTHING else, I get waxed.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Restricted User

I think you know very little about exotics honestly... Of you knew more I think your tune would change drastically. We won't even come remotely close to 250mph top speed with our pocket books. Even if you dont care for it, corners and stopping is part of performance, just as straight line.
Fwiw, drilled and blotted rotors stop worse than blanks drilled blotted rotors are an appearance upgrade.

The only thing that some can't do better is straight line speed at a drag strip. And I'm talking stock versus highly modded. Even at that the higher end ones would take 95% of the cars on this board for what they are purpose built for. Finally got you to see all other aspects, you should understand this as we. Plenty of exotics would destroy most purpose built "drag cars on here"... At the same time the exotic can turn brake have 200+k interiors hand made the list goes on, and were talking stock still. THEY HAVE IT ALL AND THEN SOME!
Our cars aren't considered exotics anywhere. They are considered American muscle/pony cars, nothing more.

I love gm American muscle sports cars, I will always own one. However, I'm not ignorant enough to compare it to an exotic for any reason. At the end of the day, Im still in a trans am. I ha e a purpose built car that can beat some low end exotics at the one thing my car Is built for, EVERYTHING else, I get waxed.
That is a better way to word it in instead of calling american muscle cars "****"
Old 07-24-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Your coming off as a complete dick now man. What you think is shitty may be gold to someone else. It is your opinion that these cars are shitty and the interior is shitty. I think mine is pretty nice. I don't expect it to be the same as a 100k car, but I don't think it is shitty and it does the job just fine for me.
Coming off as a dick?? I have owned 6 fbodys, I'm talking about my own property as well.

Even if I am coming off a dick, its the truth. Are you wanting an apology for gm making shitty built and qualty cars? Just because t hurts yor feelings doesnt mean I'm being a dick.
We are comparing it to exotics, in that sense they are a huge pile of dog ****. Compare it to a 1990 Honda civic, they are pretty well built and solid cars.
A 30k$ American muscle car does the job, not much else... And Is my point.

Ilove- Good talking.. Think about some of that and go do some research on the higher end exotics, the gallardo is the civic si of the exotic world, I think you will find some good reads and be enlightened some.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by z99ls1
That is a better way to word it in instead of calling american muscle cars "****"
This is how I post and talk in real life.. Just because it hit home don't cry about it. it is nothing personal, we are talking cars. And its the internet.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Banned

my car a pile of **** lol....yeah right..i get head nods and ppl breaking their necks to look at my car at nearly every redlight i stop at...and that's here in America where the car is from lol...my car is clean with real low miles..and yes the interior while not the best is not as shitty as you make it out to be...i get pleanty of ppl checking it out everywhere i go..probaly nealy as bad as a Gallardo driver does...honestly a black whistling SS with a fresh paint job (like mine) along with the sound of it being camed with headers and a Borls cat bak...well..it gets ALOT of attention

and stop saying .."American car to a foreign car is dumb"...you make out like foreign car's are'nt shitty too..they make some shitty interiors too and some weak ugly cars..not every imported car is better in any aspect than our cars..the Exotic 100k or more cars are built well...but there are other Euro cars that i would'nt be caught dead in
Old 07-24-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

why do some people take this stuff so serious? whos to say whats a better/nicer car in someone elses eyes....too each their own
Old 07-24-2011, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

People looking doesnt make It QUALITY as an exotic. You aren't grasping what I mean by pile of ****. I have a very clean car as well and get compliments/stares/thumbs up on a regular basis. Nowhere near what an exotic gets... EVERYONE looks at them. I break my neck to look at them.
Our cars just simply aren't built like theirs, period. Rattles, shakes, vibrations, cheap plastic, things bending easily, doors sagging, Windows not sealing completely, I could go on and on.

We have cheap, cheap interior. Have you heard of alcantara, go look up prices on it. Just research their interiors and the fabric and materials that make them. It is unreal.

I wont ever own a foreign car. Why? Cause Amy that I can probably ever afford has zero appeal to me for many reasons. I am talking 200+k cars, not some little 325i bmw.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
why do some people take this stuff so serious? whos to say whats a better/nicer car in someone elses eyes....too each their own
A 400,000 vs 30,000 dollar price tag clears that up rather quickly... I mean, amirightoramiright?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Banned

never mind...you have spoken your final peace on where you are coming from and i get where you are coming from...i dont' agree with it all but..we have more similarities than differences ...Chevy FTW LOL

but you are wrong dude about the drilled and slotted rotors only being an appearence upgrade..once i switched over to them i noticed a huge difference in stopping power and wet weather braking...the holes let gasses that build up under the brake pads excape and the slots cleam the pads of dirt and other grime...huge difference in breaking ..as well as they dissapate heat better too

Quick Reply: Z06 VS Gallardo