Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z06 VS Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
why do some people take this stuff so serious? whos to say whats a better/nicer car in someone elses eyes....too each their own
Exactly.. If people would actually think that way there wouldn't be these 10 page threads of people arguing about exotics and american muscle.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
never mind...you have spoken your final peace on where you are coming from and i get where you are coming from...i dont' agree with it all but..we have more similarities than differences ...Chevy FTW LOL

but you are wrong dude about the drilled and slotted rotors only being an appearence upgrade..once i switched over to them i noticed a huge difference in stopping power and wet weather braking...the holes let gasses that build up under the brake pads excape and the slots cleam the pads of dirt and other grime...huge difference in breaking ..as well as they dissapate heat better too
Less contact patch=less stopping power. Less contact patch=less traction.

Research it, you want the best stopping ability, blanks. If you are wanting to get away from blanks, slots are it, stay away from drilled.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z99ls1
Exactly.. If people would actually think that way there wouldn't be these 10 page threads of people arguing about exotics and american muscle.
my day does'nt feel complete unless i get on the internet and defend our American muscle cars..let me get to arguing between a foreign car vs American car topic i will fight for days defending..GM, Ford and crysler...get me in an argument with Ford vs GM..and it will go on for a couple days atleast lol..i like all cars to an extent...just American GM cars is where it's at if you ask me...i'm very narrow minded at times IMO
Old 07-24-2011, 02:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
A 400,000 vs 30,000 dollar price tag clears that up rather quickly... I mean, amirightoramiright?
that all depends on what the person considers "nice/better". and i was talking about the z06/zr1 vs exotics
Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Banned

Less contact patch=less stopping power. Less contact patch=less traction.

Research it, you want the best stopping ability, blanks. If you are wanting to get away from blanks, slots are it, stay away from drilled.
the BMW M5 and ZR1..HELL even the Aero.. as well as other high dollar performance cars come stock with drilled rotors..even some of them Exotics we where just talking about come stock with drilled rotors...they must work better
Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
that all depends on what the person considers "nice/better". and i was talking about the z06/zr1 vs exotics
I have seen plenty of zo6s zr1s grand sports etc etc up close In person as well as plenty of low-mid grade exotics. There is zero comparison in the quality and detail of the cars. They gave it 150k$ performance and 50k$ everything else. America is known for It, nothing new. Hell its one reason I love American cars.
Comparing any tuner sports muscle pony foreign car to an exotic Is silly. They are In a class of their own for a reason.
the BMW M5 and ZR1..HELL even the Aero.. as well as other high dollar performance cars come stock with drilled rotors..even some of them Exotics we where just talking about come stock with drilled rotors...they must work better
Go spend some time In the auto cross section.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so I gather from you lambo nutswingers that you enjoy drinking the kool aid and like the styling and interior. to some people this is very important and I can pretend to respect that. I was just hoping you would bring more to the thread about what makes them so great other than how much they make you want to go down of every guy you see driving one.

so you want the car for the status of them?...dude if the price of a Lambo or something of the like was lowered to that of a Zo6 vette (wich performs as well as most of them) then you could bet your sweet *** that nobody would really want them anymore...rappers/and rich ppl buy them not only because they can afford them and not because they want the performance..they buy them because it's a car that rich ppl are suppose to have..the cars are more of a stereotype more than anything...and sorry for being "niave" but to me a car that cost 13k beating a car that cost 150k or more is ******* PRICELESS LOL...you take your Italian (they are all **** anyways lol) hand made car..i will take my much cheaper SS ...they are all made of plastic/alluminum and fibergalss just like my car is...if the Lambo is'nt made of some metal found off of a wrecked alien spacecraft then to me..it's just another car..even if it is rare...only due to their price!!...the ZR1 and Zo6 have proven many times it can outperfom them richy rich cars...and to me you have to have ***** to drive a bad *** muscle car...to alot of real car guys..ppl in Exotics are usually considered..richy snobby **** with too much money and not enough brains to build thier own fast car....honestly i think your firebird looks just as sporty as an exotic...it's the rariety of them that has your mind clouded about how bad you want it..
what?!!? but imagine what every ******** will think of me when i'm riding around in my "pacemaker" lamborghini (that is 20 seconds slower around the nurburgring than a z06)!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man you guys are going at it. haha Obviously I like American cars. I have owned a few. Performance vs dollar, they are just hard to beat. But, my (personal opinion <-key word) is that many ferraris and lamborghinis are far superior in the exterior and interior styling department. I just prefer the looks of a lambo/ferrari over anything I've owned and one of these days I would love to have one.

Of course they have a cool factor to them. It doesn't have anything to do with being rich or snobbish. It's just not something you see every day. How did you feel the first time you saw a car you wanted and heard it fire up? The first time I saw an exotic in person, it gave me the same feeling as my dad's trans am did when I was 3. "Whoa I want one."
Old 07-24-2011, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The Z06 is a great car, don't get me wrong... but it wouldn't even be a contest if I could choose between the two. I'd be in that Lamborghini before you could even blink lol
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Anyone that would choose a Chebby over a Lamborghini has something loose in their head.
Does it really matter? You farts couldn't afford neither anyway...not even the cheap American one.

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
The LP570 is an amazing car. Consistently run best-ever CZ6 times, beat ZR1s from a dig most of the time, nice.
The ZR1 has put up the fastest 1/4 mile time between the two by about 3 tenths & 5 mph. I'd say the AWD would make the 570 more consistent but with a competent driver the ZR1 gets the edge everytime.

What the ****.

Beat a lambo or ferrari in am fbody or Corvette.. You are still in a Chevy. No matter if you put 3 bus lengths on it.
If you don't understand that you are very naive. It's status more than anything.
He doesnt give a **** he lost. The maintenance on his car in the 4 years he owns it could buy what you are driving, plus the mods.... And he can afford it.
Comments like that are stupid. Give me a lambo etc and I will gladly get skull fucked by every Corvette fbody and mustang on the road!
It is an exotic vs an American sports car... hello?
Have you guys got to see/touch any new model exotics?
So you're one of those guys that would spend $350,000 just to say, "hey, look at me. I'm in an exotic!!!!!!". I bet if a Lambo owner presented you with the opportunity, you'd drop to your knees in a heartbeat. :sck:

I could give you 10k$ and the interior or feel still wouldnt compare to an exotic. Do you know what alcantara is? You CAN'T make it somehing it isn't. Period. No amount of money would put an fbody on an exotics level. Handling goes with it.
You are paying for just a name, research the cars.

The zr1 would get bitch slapped by plenty of exotics, just because you don't know they exist doesn't mean its not true. Sure, it can beat quite a few exotics, but don't lump them in one group... They run from 11s@115 all the way to 9s@140+.
No matter the price tag a Corvette will never be an exotic. It would just be an overpriced Corvette.

I'm assuming you have never seen a true exotic up close and personal? Heard them in person? Etc etc.. I don't mean passed it on the road, got to check it out.
Did anyone in here say the ZR1 is "exotic"? I don't recall. If they did they are just as ignorant as you. It does, however, produce exotic car performance for a fraction of the price.

Oh, and please provide me with a list of the "plenty" exotics that will "bitch slap" the ZR1.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
so I gather from you lambo nutswingers that you enjoy drinking the kool aid and like the styling and interior. to some people this is very important and I can pretend to respect that. I was just hoping you would bring more to the thread about what makes them so great other than how much they make you want to go down of every guy you see driving one.

what?!!? but imagine what every ******** will think of me when i'm riding around in my "pacemaker" lamborghini (that is 20 seconds slower around the nurburgring than a z06)!
Why are you acting like a gallardo is the only exotic? I honestly don't even care for lamos that much.
I brought plenty about exotics that make them awesome. All of which an American muscle car is not and can't be. Interior handling braking options build material and fabric speed top speed luxury race car sound exclusivity rarity all in one package, the list goes on.
Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
Does it really matter? You farts couldn't afford neither anyway...not even the cheap American one.

The ZR1 has put up the fastest 1/4 mile time between the two by about 3 tenths & 5 mph. I'd say the AWD would make the 570 more consistent but with a competent driver the ZR1 gets the edge everytime.

So you're one of those guys that would spend $350,000 just to say, "hey, look at me. I'm in an exotic!!!!!!". I bet if a Lambo owner presented you with the opportunity, you'd drop to your knees in a heartbeat. :sck:

Did anyone in here say the ZR1 is "exotic"? I don't recall. If they did they are just as ignorant as you. It does, however, produce exotic car performance for a fraction of the price.

Oh, and please provide me with a list of the "plenty" exotics that will "bitch slap" the ZR1.
No, I'm not. But there are exotic out there that do and have it all. As stated, I don't care for lambos that much. I would much rather have a ferrari, less flashy and more class. But again, we are talking low end exotics. Ccxr or zonda r please!

Someone said fbodys were exotic, I would assume that would include the zr1 with that reasoning. It produces performance that some of the lower end exotics produce. It is a fraction of the price for a damn good reason, ever seen.100k zr1 next to a 500k exotic, not much of a comparison in quality. You can tell why one is more expensive later on. Did you read all my posts or just immediately get butt hurt?

I already gave you a list that would make the zr1 look stupid in any and all scenarios. There are plenty more out there if you are curious.... Just remember don't lump all exotics in with a gallardo. It isn't a cheap exotic for no reason.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

not everyone takes fine detail into consideration when deciding which is a better car, pick which ever u like more z06/zr1 or lambo ur the one who would "have" to drive it not anyone else
Old 07-24-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

But my point Is they are saying the coveted has better performance that exotics... When in reality it does over some, but some it gets its shot smashed in.

You can't argue that. And it would be funny to see someone argue the quality between a 80-100k car and a 400-800k car.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Restricted User

Why are you acting like a gallardo is the only exotic? I honestly don't even care for lamos that much.
I brought plenty about exotics that make them awesome. All of which an American muscle car is not and can't be. Interior handling braking options build material and fabric speed top speed luxury race car sound exclusivity rarity all in one package, the list goes on.

No, I'm not. But there are exotic out there that do and have it all. As stated, I don't care for lambos that much. I would much rather have a ferrari, less flashy and more class. But again, we are talking low end exotics. Ccxr or zonda r please!

Someone said fbodys were exotic, I would assume that would include the zr1 with that reasoning. It produces performance that some of the lower end exotics produce. It is a fraction of the price for a damn good reason, ever seen.100k zr1 next to a 500k exotic, not much of a comparison in quality. You can tell why one is more expensive later on. Did you read all my posts or just immediately get butt hurt?

I already gave you a list that would make the zr1 look stupid in any and all scenarios. There are plenty more out there if you are curious.... Just remember don't lump all exotics in with a gallardo. It isn't a cheap exotic for no reason.
Low end exotics huh?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Low end exotics huh?
Camaro Corvette
350z gtr
Challenger viper
Camry Porsche
Gallardo ccx

There are low end and high end everything, why wouldnt there be exotics? 200k lambo or 600k ccx.
You would look at a 600k car differently than a 200k car, just like you do with a 30k and 100k, positive or negative.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

snippet
You're just wasting your breath, man. The reality is clear. More replies in this thread isn't going to change any one's stance.

Oh well.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
You're just wasting your finger energy, man. The reality is clear. More replies in this thread isn't going to change any one's stance.

Oh well.
fixed lol
Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you get past the skin of the Gallardo, the craftsmanship really isn't all that impressive. Just throwing that out there. Nevermind the cost. They look wild. Everything about them is bold,aggressive, and over the top. That's what you expect from an exotic. And yes, a no frills Gallardo pretty much is the "affordable" exotic.

Most people that randomly walk by a F-body, Corvette, and an exotic of some sort are going to ooh and aah at all three of them. But I'd put money on them all crowding around the exotic in the end because they are so rare. If any of you guys ever hang out with a crowd that has quite a few of the rarer cars, you will see this everywhere you cruise together.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Restricted User

Camaro Corvette
350z gtr
Challenger viper
Camry Porsche
Gallardo

There are low end and high end everything, why wouldnt there be exotics? 200k lambo or 600k ccx.
You would look at a 600k car differently than a 200k car, just like you do with a 30k and 100k, positive or negative.
I would consider 2 of those to be exotics. I would say there are exotics and than none exotics.. Not low end exotics, that doesn't make any sense lol
Old 07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

I would consider 2 of those to be exotics. I would say there are exotics and than none exotics.. Not low end exotics, that doesn't make any sense lol
i agree there...if your average American cant' afford them without having to work 3 jobs to get it..or have a job they did 6 years of college to obtain..then it's an exotic lol...i would call a ZO6 a NON exotic car and the ZR1 Exotic..there 40-50K more price tag is enough to make it a very rare car to see..where as i see a ZO6 atleast a few times a month..and a base C6..hell everyday...same with the GTR..i have yet to see one in person..so when i see one i'ma be like woah..wow..OOOooo...but then i'ma ask the owner to line them up so i can put a hurting on it. lol
Old 07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
So?

Quick Reply: Z06 VS Gallardo