Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Z06 VS Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
One look at the two, lol; even by a "non car" person who can tell the lambos (or ferraris, lotus', etc. etc.) are something special and not something everybody can own or appreciate. There's just an aura to them that no vette will match. It's like comapring a turbo honda that runs 10's to a nice vette...yeah, the honda may be faster, but it's an economy car at the end of the day and well, just a honda that happens to be fast...Not saying a vette is an economy car and again will say they're nice, but you cannot compare it to any exotic, other than maybe some performance figures. And, there are so many cars out there that are close to 'vette performance that also add some uniqueness (like I said, at least 3 or 4 C6's everyday + who knows how many older ones) and practicality.

Anyway, who cares really, it's all talk on here...I think it's cool the z06 can really put up a good fight on things that cost much more, but at the end of the day, it still doesn't compare in most ways. I doubt I'd ever own either (lamobo or vette), but given a choice...However, I'd buy a viper long before a vette...even those seem more exotic, but shame it's a new chrysler (hate new chryslers, after owning one).
i see your point. i was assuming that much, but i wasn't sure if there was more substance to the attraction to these cars. i'm sure your average non car person looks at a hyundai tiburon and thinks it looks fast.

ok let me show you guys a small piece of my puzzle... granted, different drivers will get different times, but i grabbed the FASTEST times i could gather for each car.

nürburgring lap times:
7:19.63 corvette C6 ZR1
7:22.68 corvette C6 Z06
7:40 murcielago LP640
7:40.76 gallardo LP570-4
7:42 murcielago LP670-4 SV

see that fat gap right there? 20+ seconds?! you guys are right, chebby would never ever let the corvette out of the gate with that bullshit. that tells me that lambo is the civc with the body kit of supercars.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I'm not trying to say the exotics are everything, but just have a different appeal and a price to match. They are hand built though and more craftsmanship applied, so you do get more of your money's worth in that respect. Are they worht what they ask, probably not, but who else will build you that, if you're into that sort of thing. Sadly though, a lot of people have brought a bad name to those and every marque really in some way or another, where they buy them to say they have them, but have no clue what they are really all about and whatnot.

It's a shame we get so many stigmas with a car's brand and (for me) limits choices a lot sometimes. I mean, I could probably pick an awesome car from every manufacturer that I would love to own or drive, but not because of the name or brand, but perhaps the styling, the materials, the craftsmanship (not seen much anymore), the sound, curves, whatever...they all have a unique thing they bring to the table and nothing will do everything 100%...nice we have so many choices to admire tho...
Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can make a 1985 Camaro run faster than a Lambo, doesn't change its nothing close to the Exotic. If you have never sat in one or been for a ride in one (I've never driven one ) then you don't get it. If you HAVE and still would rather have a C6....seek medical attention.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too late Stopsign, a 252mph street legal 3rd gen is already on the road...and I would take that over any stock car!

/edit: Oh, and there is a very cool Lamborghini with a manual and rwd (sadly only this model); the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni
Old 07-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't care if the 3rd gen ran 490mph, I wouldn't take it over a new Boss Mustang. Polishing a turd doesn't change what it is.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I can make a 1985 Camaro run faster than a Lambo, doesn't change its nothing close to the Exotic. If you have never sat in one or been for a ride in one (I've never driven one ) then you don't get it. If you HAVE and still would rather have a C6....seek medical attention.
DUDE...imagine if you was riding down the road in your 150+k Gallardo or Ferrari and had a seemingly stockish 3rd or 4th gen pull up next to you on the interstate ..both cars doing let's say 80mph...the guy with the mullet lets down his window and gives you the ...so your thinking " wow is this guy serious,..my EXOTIC , handbuilt, overpriced sport bike sounding car will demolish his ***"...so you stomp the gas and gain a couple car lenths thinking "exotic FTW"....only to have the 3rd gen (with a hand built forged LS1 900 RWHP sporting a F1 procharger) law the smackdown on your *** and come around you at 100mph like you where standing still...srry bud but the 3rd gen guy would be the one going home with a huge boner for destroying a "EXOTIC"...while the guy in the "EXOTIC" is not going to be feeling as good about himself and his car as before the race
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
and we guys who despertly need medical attention still dont' get your logic...

ask yourself these questions

1.would you still take the exotic if it only came with a 100hp 4 cyl engine?
2.if a guy takes a vette,3rd or 4th gen camaro and breaks it down and rebuilds everything by hand..is it not then..just as hand built as the "EXOTIC"??
3. (not a question more of a statement) comparing a Honda to a camaro or a vette is way different than comparing a vette or camaro to an "exotic"..all Hondas are ugly for the most..nearly everyone on this site will agree..especially when compared to so said Vettes or camaro's...and alot of ppl will also agree that the styling of some exotic's is'nt all that better looking than let's say ..a 98-2002 WS6...or a new SS or old 4th gen SS done up right ..they look agressive and streamlined.

also to ppl who dont' know cars as well as some ppl do..my black SS looks and sounds like a racecar to them..and when i tell ppl how much i paid for it and how old it actually is, some are shocked to believe a car that looks so mean and sounds so bad *** can be had in great condition for less than 15K

and if those same ppl where to be at the drag strip only to see..let's say me and a Gallardo line up..and we have a neck and neck race...TO THEM, my car is probally just as bad *** as the Lambo..because they are not effected by the highlife bullshit of it being a so called " EXOTIC" wich to me is just a term for saying it's retardely expensive for no reason therefore average ppl cant' own them and hence there are few on the road
Old 07-23-2011, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
also to ppl who dont' know cars as well as some ppl do..my black SS looks and sounds like a racecar to them..and when i tell ppl how much i paid for it and how old it actually is, some are shocked to believe a car that looks so mean and sounds so bad *** can be had in great condition for less than 15K

and if those same ppl where to be at the drag strip only to see..let's say me and a Gallardo line up..and we have a neck and neck race...TO THEM, my car is probally just as bad *** as the Lambo..because they are not effected by the highlife bullshit of it being a so called " EXOTIC" wich to me is just a term for saying it's retardely expensive for no reason therefore average ppl cant' own them and hence there are few on the road
Make you a friendly wager--(say loser buys the first round at the end of the night)--that if we put your P1SC-SS and say a LP-xxx in the staging lanes at a track, that in the parking lot after the run there'd be more people checking out the LP out than the Camaro. If you're ever in Jersey at Atco or Etown, let me know and we can set it up!

It's not about speed. Being exotic is something that our beloved Corvette will never be. I love vacationing in Florida; I have a blast and it's awesome. But Florida will never be Hawaii.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Exotics are overpriced and sux as DD...but they are rare and turn heads..Paying for amazing interior and exclusivity.....

I agree the average exotic sounds terrible..I prefer the rumble of American muscle....

The Top Gear guys nearly nut themselves every time they drive an exotic in a tunnel??

Maybe the echo improves the sound
Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Make you a friendly wager--(say loser buys the first round at the end of the night)--that if we put your P1SC-SS and say a LP-xxx in the staging lanes at a track, that in the parking lot after the run there'd be more people checking out the LP out than the Camaro. If you're ever in Jersey at Atco or Etown, let me know and we can set it up!

It's not about speed. Being exotic is something that our beloved Corvette will never be. I love vacationing in Florida; I have a blast and it's awesome. But Florida will never be Hawaii.
funny you should say Hawaii dude LOL...see i'm in the Army and there is a U.S Army post on Hawaii..EVERYONE who has been stationed there says it's a great place to visit for a couple days but after that you will hate the place..try being there for a few years and you wont look at it the same..

and i'd dissagree..if my car lays the smackdown on the exotic and everyone see's it..any real car guy in his right mind would come look at my car wanting to know how i just pimped slapped an Exotic..they dont' impress me dude..i cant' agree with everyting you are saying...a have been racing for a while and beating cars that cost waaay more than mine..after a while of beating cars that are suppose to be like superman...you realize they are more like batman...not that bad *** without his belt LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's just it, 10-second cars aren't as rare and few-and-far-between as they used to be.
At the end of the day, it's another RWD domestic V8 that goes fast; either H/C/I, N20, or some FI. It's not that crazy; it's something we're familiar with by now (Perhaps like your friends who live in Hawaii now). But to the average person, seeing an Exotic is... Exotic.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Banned

and what you mean exactly?..setup a race between me and a Exotic?...lol..my car is now 10 second capable..just have to get my *** back to the track and confirm it at after the recent mods and tuning i have done..if you are talking about me potentially racing a stock Lambo or somthing along those lines?..last time i checked they dont' do too well on a drag strip with the average richy rich driver behind the wheel...there are vids up of TT Lambos running only low 11's and high 10's ...it's all about the driver because there are also vids up of highly modded Lambos making some sick low 9 second passes...but if you mean me racing a stock lambo..ima be putting my money on me LOL...even a buggati only runs 10's even with their over 1000hp..they are'nt geared for the drag strip..an Enzo only run's low 11's too....if it's a stock Exotic..it better have one hell of a driver behind the wheel to beat me..if it's a modded Exotic..my *** will prob be grass lol

Exotics are honestly nothing to be scared of on a drag strip..they are'nt built or geared for it..they where made for top speed and handling and other things like that...there are hundreds of vids of Exotics getting stomped by stock American muscle cars and even worse by modded American cars...i would'nt mind beating up on a 200K dollar richy boy car..but i'm not gona drive that far to find that race lol
Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Banned

That's just it, 10-second cars aren't as rare and few-and-far-between as they used to be.
At the end of the day, it's another RWD domestic V8 that goes fast; either H/C/I, N20, or some FI. It's not that crazy; it's something we're familiar with by now (Perhaps like your friends who live in Hawaii now). But to the average person, seeing an Exotic is... Exotic.
i agree with you about Exotics being well..exotic lol..if i seen one i would go check it out..not nessarily because i think they are super uber awesome becuase i DONT' but..the they are very very rare ..like seeing a unicorn..somtimes still gay but you still wanna check it out..and yes i agree a 10 second domestic car is'nt nothing to be too happy about being it's been done thousands of times...but it's more than enough of a car to embarras an Exotic at the track..and that's all that matters to me...sending a rich boy home with his head down for getting beaten by a 13k camaro...is priceless lol
Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 AM
TECH Regular

rather have a c6 z06/zr1
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Staging Troll

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
rather have a c6 z06/zr1
this.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

What the ****.

Beat a lambo or ferrari in am fbody or Corvette.. You are still in a Chevy. No matter if you put 3 bus lengths on it.
If you don't understand that you are very naive. It's status more than anything.
He doesnt give a **** he lost. The maintenance on his car in the 4 years he owns it could buy what you are driving, plus the mods.... And he can afford it.
Comments like that are stupid. Give me a lambo etc and I will gladly get skull fucked by every Corvette fbody and mustang on the road!
It is an exotic vs an American sports car... hello?
Have you guys got to see/touch any new model exotics?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
What the ****.

Beat a lambo or ferrari in am fbody or Corvette.. You are still in a Chevy. No matter if you put 3 bus lengths on it.
If you don't understand that you are very naive. It's status more than anything.
He doesnt give a **** he lost. The maintenance on his car in the 4 years he owns it could buy what you are driving, plus the mods.... And he can afford it.
Comments like that are stupid. Give me a lambo etc and I will gladly get skull fucked by every Corvette fbody and mustang on the road!
so you want the car for the status of them?...dude if the price of a Lambo or something of the like was lowered to that of a Zo6 vette (wich performs as well as most of them) then you could bet your sweet *** that nobody would really want them anymore...rappers/and rich ppl buy them not only because they can afford them and not because they want the performance..they buy them because it's a car that rich ppl are suppose to have..the cars are more of a stereotype more than anything...and sorry for being "niave" but to me a car that cost 13k beating a car that cost 150k or more is ******* PRICELESS LOL...you take your Italian (they are all **** anyways lol) hand made car..i will take my much cheaper SS ...they are all made of plastic/alluminum and fibergalss just like my car is...if the Lambo is'nt made of some metal found off of a wrecked alien spacecraft then to me..it's just another car..even if it is rare...only due to their price!!...the ZR1 and Zo6 have proven many times it can outperfom them richy rich cars...and to me you have to have ***** to drive a bad *** muscle car...to alot of real car guys..ppl in Exotics are usually considered..richy snobby **** with too much money and not enough brains to build thier own fast car....honestly i think your firebird looks just as sporty as an exotic...it's the rariety of them that has your mind clouded about how bad you want it..
Old 07-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lemons12
What the ****.

and after reading your comment again...all i gathered from it was you think i'm dumb..and you want the Lambo ONLY becuase of it being RARE!!!....

alot of things in life are rare...does'nt mean you get it.

American cars are better to me because they have managed to provide cars that look good and perform better alot of the times over their European counterparts in the same class of car...all while being waaaay cheaper...kinda like when motor trend compared the new 5,0 stang with the BMW M3..the 5.0 won the comaprison..and was way cheaper...but i bet you would want the M3 huh?..because it's more rare?..lol
Old 07-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Restricted User

so you want the car for the status of them?...dude if the price of a Lambo or something of the like was lowered to that of a Zo6 vette (wich performs as well as most of them) then you could bet your sweet *** that nobody would really want them anymore...rappers/and rich ppl buy them not only because they can afford them and not because they want the performance..they buy them because it's a car that rich ppl are suppose to have..the cars are more of a stereotype more than anything...and sorry for being "niave" but to me a car that cost 13k beating a car that cost 150k or more is ******* PRICELESS LOL...you take your Italian (they are all **** anyways lol) hand made car..i will take my much cheaper SS ...they are all made of plastic/alluminum and fibergalss just like my car is...if the Lambo is'nt made of some metal found off of a wrecked alien spacecraft then to me..it's just another car..even if it is rare...only due to their price!!...the ZR1 and Zo6 have proven many times it can outperfom them richy rich cars...and to me you have to have ***** to drive a bad *** muscle car...to alot of real car guys..ppl in Exotics are usually considered..richy snobby **** with too much money and not enough brains to build thier own fast car....honestly i think your firebird looks just as sporty as an exotic...it's the rariety of them that has your mind clouded about how bad you want it..
Many super cars are made of CARBON FIBER. The zonda is one of them I'm to lazy to look for others. They are made of some high quaility ****, so don't think they are just a name. They are definately a badass machine. I would just much rather have a zr1 or z06 because super cars are to complicated for my liking. I like to drive something I know I could fix when something broke.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you stupid?

i agree with you about Exotics being well..exotic lol..if i seen one i would go check it out..not nessarily because i think they are super uber awesome becuase i DONT' but..the they are very very rare ..like seeing a unicorn..somtimes still gay but you still wanna check it out..and yes i agree a 10 second domestic car is'nt nothing to be too happy about being it's been done thousands of times...but it's more than enough of a car to embarras an Exotic at the track..and that's all that matters to me...sending a rich boy home with his head down for getting beaten by a 13k camaro...is priceless lol
Richey rich doesn't give a **** if we drag him down the dragstrip in our 15k$ piles of dog ****. We drive home in a rattle box that was modded and PURPOSE BUILT to do what it did to him. Even at that, he doesnt care. He is driving a status symbol that is exclusive and like you said, super rare. It doesn't impress anyone if a car that looks and sounds like a race car beats an exotic.
You go home to your house... He goes home to his. Your house is 1 bedroom cause its all you need. His garage is worth more than your house. Status. They don't buy them cause they are god like fast.
Why don't after you run an exotic, ask him to take them through some twisies. Now your purpose built car isn't so impressive.
and what you mean exactly?..setup a race between me and a Exotic?...lol..my car is now 10 second capable..just have to get my *** back to the track and confirm it at after the recent mods and tuning i have done..if you are talking about me potentially racing a stock Lambo or somthing along those lines?..last time i checked they dont' do too well on a drag strip with the average richy rich driver behind the wheel...there are vids up of TT Lambos running only low 11's and high 10's ...it's all about the driver because there are also vids up of highly modded Lambos making some sick low 9 second passes...but if you mean me racing a stock lambo..ima be putting my money on me LOL...even a buggati only runs 10's even with their over 1000hp..they are'nt geared for the drag strip..an Enzo only run's low 11's too....if it's a stock Exotic..it better have one hell of a driver behind the wheel to beat me..if it's a modded Exotic..my *** will prob be grass lol

Exotics are honestly nothing to be scared of on a drag strip..they are'nt built or geared for it..they where made for top speed and handling and other things like that...there are hundreds of vids of Exotics getting stomped by stock American muscle cars and even worse by modded American cars...i would'nt mind beating up on a 200K dollar richy boy car..but i'm not gona drive that far to find that race lol
Did you even read his post? You clearly didn't comprehend one *******.g word that came out of his mouth.
You are right.. They aren't built or geared for t, so why the **** would anybody care or vet excited about being one? Since when is a highly modded car beating a stock car impressive?
Again, take your car to their world instead of bringing it to yours. Straight line speed is ALL your car is better at, to a certain mph. Anything else you would get laughed at.
Originally Posted by Black*Death
Exotics are overpriced and sux as DD...but they are rare and turn heads..Paying for amazing interior and exclusivity.....

I agree the average exotic sounds terrible..I prefer the rumble of American muscle....

The Top Gear guys nearly nut themselves every time they drive an exotic in a tunnel??

Maybe the echo improves the sound
Really they suck for a daily driver? I thought most people bought them for that?
Are you guys snorting a line and then posting?
Overpriced? Amazing, the best, interior and exclusivity that you can't get any other way as far as cars go. Thy an put any price on them and they will still sell, period. They will just be that much more higher up on the status symbol and sought by more. They sound and reg like a crotch rocket on steroids... Sounds amazing in person. We get stuck with rasp or an x or h that sounds like every other American muscle car.
and we guys who despertly need medical attention still dont' get your logic...

ask yourself these questions

1.would you still take the exotic if it only came with a 100hp 4 cyl engine?
2.if a guy takes a vette,3rd or 4th gen camaro and breaks it down and rebuilds everything by hand..is it not then..just as hand built as the "EXOTIC"??
3. (not a question more of a statement) comparing a Honda to a camaro or a vette is way different than comparing a vette or camaro to an "exotic"..all Hondas are ugly for the most..nearly everyone on this site will agree..especially when compared to so said Vettes or camaro's...and alot of ppl will also agree that the styling of some exotic's is'nt all that better looking than let's say ..a 98-2002 WS6...or a new SS or old 4th gen SS done up right ..they look agressive and streamlined.

also to ppl who dont' know cars as well as some ppl do..my black SS looks and sounds like a racecar to them..and when i tell ppl how much i paid for it and how old it actuall

Last paragraph- retard expensive for no reason? You answered my question at the first of the post. Are you one that if it doesn't run 10s@120mph its the biggest pile of dog **** ever? Or god forbid something runs mid 11s at 117 but costs 30 times more than your car new....... with an amazing interior, handles and brakes amazing, has a stupid status symbol, etc etc..

No, to them your car is not as bad ***. Park your car next to an exotic and skull ******* you. It might get a glance or two, while people *** in their pants for the exotic. You're at a ******* drag strip where every tom dick and hairy in a rusted out fox is probably going to **** rape the exotic. Nobody cares!!!

I'm in my phone and about to sleep, ignore mistakes and the lame flame.. I had to vent a tad bit however. What ******* morons.

Quick Reply: Z06 VS Gallardo