Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

another jerk in a 5th gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 05:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default another jerk in a 5th gen Camaro

It's friday night, 1230am, and i'm on the highway near Cool Springs Mexico traveling south on the main 5 lane highway. Im cruising 70 in a 55, so im looking everywhere including spending a lot of time looking back.
I see three or four cars pacing me maybe 400-600 feet behind me, and all of a sudden one of them speeds up a lot and changes into my lane. As soon as i see that i lift and start to slow. Well the car is still accelerating in my lane, so i pull the parking brake to drop speed to 60mph. I know cops are triggered by a guilty response, so i stay away from the brakes.
He pulls really close, right behind me, and slows to my speed. headlights look just like Crown Vic to me, so i figure im busted and wait for the Blue lights. Instead the car accelerates hard and passes me on the left. Im thinking how lucky i was when i see the car passing, and its a green metallic 5th gen. He stays in it, and im expecting him to want to run. Well, he just keep accelerating so i get on it and between 100 and 145 i start to reel him in. I get close enough behind him for him to KNOW im not going anywhere. I really expected him to not act like a ricer and take his beating like a man. He changes to the right lane and slows. Now we are going im thinking. Nope once again. he's exiting and taking his dignity to the offramp with him. I rev to the limiter as i pass. What a chicken ****. Im dying to get a 5th gen kill.

cliff notes: 2011GT VS chicken **** 2010SS. SS does the ricer flyby KNOWING what im driving and being too scared to give it a go.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW i halfway expected to see a 2011GT 'killed' story on one of the forums.

Last edited by assasinator; 08-28-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah, I had a stock 2011 5.0 try once.

His flyby was 'averted'. AFK posting kill story.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok good try .. Not a kill right? But did u say you pull your E break to slow down, just so you don't get caught? Isnt that dangerous ? Idk I never thought about doing that .. But I guess I Am still learning ...
Old 08-28-2011, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I have had one 5th gen actually try to race me. I walked away so fast he never tried to catch back up or nothing. Had plenty try ricer fly boys and shut them down or ones rev but soon I give some gas they back out. Have embarrassed a bunch 4.6's as well. Even some Supercharged ones.

Now I have my eyes set on the one in town his plates say GT ETR..he is supercharged/c/h. Makes 660whp. His words. But yet is yet to race no one .All he does is say how fast he is. He has been called out bu plenty of people. Even some other 5th gen and vette owners. I also think he to busy ordering his next Lingenfelter shirt..
Old 08-28-2011, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have had one 5th gen actually try to race me. I walked away so fast he never tried to catch back up or nothing. Had plenty try ricer fly boys and shut them down or ones rev but soon I give some gas they back out. Have embarrassed a bunch 4.6's as well. Even some Supercharged ones.

Now I have my eyes set on the one in town his plates say GT ETR..he is supercharged/c/h. Makes 660whp. His words. But yet is yet to race no one .All he does is say how fast he is. He has been called out bu plenty of people. Even some other 5th gen and vette owners. I also think he to busy ordering his next Lingenfelter shirt..

@ lingenfelter shirt. There's an old dude in town that has a F1 procharged 3v here, that I've called out several times. He always says he'll come with us to race and mysteriously 'gets lost' following the pack of cars going out to the spot. He claimed 800, I called bs... lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DietCoke
@ lingenfelter shirt. There's an old dude in town that has a F1 procharged 3v here, that I've called out several times. He always says he'll come with us to race and mysteriously 'gets lost' following the pack of cars going out to the spot. He claimed 800, I called bs... lol.
Ya I feel ya. I would call him out also. This guy is about 38-45. Talks all the **** in the world. Yet always has an excuse not to run.

My last time at track me and a C5Z that was cammed was both running dead even. Both running 11.8's at 118/119 (DA was 3200). Both had traction issues. Track had no prep. He shows up tries talk **** to me. I said ya well I am running with him. Lets see what you got. After he tried telling me he couldn't run cause he didn't have axles yet the guy in the C5Z told him get the **** out of here. Your **** is a dyno queen and probably can't be my wife's SUV. 5th Gen dude got pissed and took off like bad out hell.

We had a Shelby GT owner that I called BS on also. He was on DR's. Said he had 550whp and was only running 12.8-13.0@107-109. I smoked him like 6 times. That was when my car was just cold air and tune. I was running 11.8-12.0 with a DA of 250.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Launching!

he prolly thought that POS was fast
Old 08-28-2011, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DietCoke
Yeah, I had a stock 2011 5.0 try once.

ONCE............

Old 08-28-2011, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

There was a guy like that around here (we called him lyer Lloyd) that owned a 93 notch back. He said it had all sorts of crap done to it including bad *** 347ci built by world products, 5.86 rear gears with 26" tall tires I must add.. . He said he was making about 700rwhp and he would smoke my H/C/I Camaro so bad that he was gonna put a wooden block under his gas pedal so the race would be fair. I called him out about 7-8 different times and everytime he was a no show. I even went to his house and waited for him one time for a few hours just for him to come outside and tell me his wife said it was to late to run and he didn't want to wake up his neighbors with his loud car. lol I started calling him a punk and **** then he said **** it lets race for $5000.00 I said o.k., then said well **** lets make it $6000.00 I still said ok, then he comes back and said lets just run for $10,000.00 I said I'll cut him a check if he wins. The whole time his old lady was telling him to shut up along with his older brother. He even backed the car down to the street and reved it a few times and still wouldn't come race!! About a week after that this dick head gives me a call and said he's got a truck with a NASCAR engine in it he wanted to race me. I went sit by my buddies house until 11:00pm with him calling and making excuses about why he couldn't make it. Now he is known as a punk around here and doesn't even come out to the street races anymore..
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odarabla
There was a guy like that around here (we called him lyer Lloyd) that owned a 93 notch back. He said it had all sorts of crap done to it including bad *** 347ci built by world products, 5.86 rear gears with 26" tall tires I must add.. . He said he was making about 700rwhp and he would smoke my H/C/I Camaro so bad that he was gonna put a wooden block under his gas pedal so the race would be fair. I called him out about 7-8 different times and everytime he was a no show. I even went to his house and waited for him one time for a few hours just for him to come outside and tell me his wife said it was to late to run and he didn't want to wake up his neighbors with his loud car. lol I started calling him a punk and **** then he said **** it lets race for $5000.00 I said o.k., then said well **** lets make it $6000.00 I still said ok, then he comes back and said lets just run for $10,000.00 I said I'll cut him a check if he wins. The whole time his old lady was telling him to shut up along with his older brother. He even backed the car down to the street and reved it a few times and still wouldn't come race!! About a week after that this dick head gives me a call and said he's got a truck with a NASCAR engine in it he wanted to race me. I went sit by my buddies house until 11:00pm with him calling and making excuses about why he couldn't make it. Now he is known as a punk around here and doesn't even come out to the street races anymore..
That's fricking hilarious! Every town seems to have one of those compulsive liars like that: only difference is, in the street racing world your **** WILL be called out and they will be shown to be full of it.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

were you directly behind him in his lane, or did he swerve in front of you to get over and exit?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

I honestly have yet to see a fast SS(5th GEN) around us. Just what they all claim they can do. But the ones that show up to the track are slow.

I have seen a few 4th gen that are fast. And some that would be faster with better drivers.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
were you directly behind him in his lane, or did he swerve in front of you to get over and exit?
he was going quite a bit faster than me when he passed me on the left. he was in front of me by about 50 feet when he changed to the exit lane. the fact that i was catching him makes me think he has a L99, or at 145mph he was done going faster.

the way i pulled up on him should have been obvious i wanted a real run. most folks probably think THAT WAS a race. no clue.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Ive yet to see a fifth gen period out at the races... =( makes me sad because i really want to run one. I use to not like racing GM vehicles, but these days i just say why not. having better luck to lately finding guys in my power range to make good races.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by assasinator
he was going quite a bit faster than me when he passed me on the left. he was in front of me by about 50 feet when he changed to the exit lane. the fact that i was catching him makes me think he has a L99, or at 145mph he was done going faster.

the way i pulled up on him should have been obvious i wanted a real run. most folks probably think THAT WAS a race. no clue.
just as i thought... you were DRAFTING.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
just as i thought... you were DRAFTING.
WTF????
Old 08-28-2011, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDemonSS
Ive yet to see a fifth gen period out at the races... =( makes me sad because i really want to run one. I use to not like racing GM vehicles, but these days i just say why not. having better luck to lately finding guys in my power range to make good races.
I seen one last week and he was running 14.X at about 101mph.

I never got to talk to the guy but it was a V8,I think it was an A6.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by odarabla
WTF????
Not even kidding have you ever been within 5-10 feet behind someone going 100 plus? When I was in highschool (yound and retarded). Me and a friend wur playing the racing to town from school game. He in his modded pontiac gt and me in my cammed lt1. We started passing traffic going 80 plus with me on his bumper it felt like we wur flying. It is like he is providing the drafting and I was somehow pushing him. I had the pedal to the floor and could not gain on him from 5 feet back but I had never felt my car pull that hard at those speeds. than we went to a road and raced side by side and I killed him. So drafting is definetely very weird.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing but old farty tards and women driving 5.0's, Shelby's, SS's, and vettes around here. Only grand prix's and older stangs want to race. I did have a guy in a new 6cyl mustang try to get some..... What a bummer.

Quick Reply: another jerk in a 5th gen Camaro