Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs ninja zx6r

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Amazin1
whatever...i knew guys like you would post **** like this...i know the truth and what really happened....i've been doing this a long time and can tell when someone is really trying or f'n around...so, believe what you'd like, it affects my life in no way.
I believe that you won, it was just probably an older bike with a less then stellar rider who may have started in the wrong gear and/or shifted way early. A win is a win though, so enjoy it...but don't expect the outcome to be the same with the next crotch rocket you run into! As long as you can physically ride one it's pretty much impossible to NOT run at least mid 11's on an 03+ 600 Supersport of any brand, even if you have never been to the track before. That doesn't mean you need an 11 second car to beat one from a roll, but it does give you an idea of what they are capable of. From a dig though, you better hope the guy can't launch and isn't used to his bike!

Your location says Edgewater FL...as in, near Orlando/Altamonte area? If so I'm pretty close and I've got a little bolt-on zx6r ...
Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
I believe that you won, it was just probably an older bike with a less then stellar rider who may have started in the wrong gear and/or shifted way early. A win is a win though, so enjoy it...but don't expect the outcome to be the same with the next crotch rocket you run into! As long as you can physically ride one it's pretty much impossible to NOT run at least mid 11's on an 03+ 600 Supersport of any brand, even if you have never been to the track before. That doesn't mean you need an 11 second car to beat one from a roll, but it does give you an idea of what they are capable of. From a dig though, you better hope the guy can't launch and isn't used to his bike!

Your location says Edgewater FL...as in, near Orlando/Altamonte area? If so I'm pretty close and I've got a little bolt-on zx6r ...
The last line of your sig is awesome.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and just because my car isn't the god almighty ls1 .
At least your man enough to admit it.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Threads like this make me glad the LTjuan will be gone soon
Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

OP, your car IS NOT capable of hanging with any sport bike over 250cc's. Its not because you have a LT1, because there are many BUILT ones who can stay with and walk them... Rather because you have a mid 13 second car which will prob trap 107 in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by Camaro_94; 08-30-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've beaten riders many times. Many guys don't know how to race a bike.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
I've beaten riders many times. Many guys don't know how to race a bike.
^^^Very true.

Whenever it comes time I win against a newer 600cc sportbike with the new head/cam set-up in my Vette, I will post it and the title will read something along the lines of "beat a "whatever" 600. Because some guys really don't know how to race bikes"
Old 12-31-2011, 05:01 PM

whatever...i knew guys like you would post **** like this...i know the truth and what really happened....i've been doing this a long time and can tell when someone is really trying or f'n around...so, believe what you'd like, it affects my life in no way.
I'm not sure how old this thread is but I have to jump on this one...Hahaha I'm a very skilled rider, which includes road racing. I own an 07 zx6r and no a lot about bikes. My year is the slowest heaviest 600cc bike going back to the mid early 90s. Stock has 97.8 rwhp at a heavy 418lbs without gas. Even if it was a 95 zx6 he would have raped you man. These guys messing with you know what they are talking about. When I was a month into riding I would destroy base model c5 vettes with 350hp and 3100lb curb wight. Ive raced 12 second cars and missed gears and still ended up 15 car lengths ahead.. Bikes are simply faster. 600cc bikes trap at 130+mph in the 1/4 mile.. Im pretty sure without 500hp you wont be able to trap that.. Even on a 60 roll he would be at 120 before you reach 95mph if your car is mostly stock. I'm not trying to talk **** it's just the way they are built... The guy who said the bike was 2 football fields ahead. A 600 would be only 2/3 of a football field behind the bigger bike if even that... I can garuntee you he didn't know you were racing... Lol
Old 12-31-2011, 05:19 PM

pulled up to a light heading to redbox last night when a zx6r pulls up alongside me. now i'm not a big bike guy so, i don't know what year etc. i just know it was a zx6r. the light changes, i baby her out of the hole and he rolls out alongside me and we both punch it at about the same time. he pulled on me slightly but then i kept at his rear tire until i let out at 80mph. he wasn't pulling and i wasn't reeling him in. now i'm not saying the guy could ride or not or whatever...i was just happy with how my baby ran and wasn't devastated by losing. especially since the suspension is setup to handle not drag race. Damn I Love my Trans Am!
And the Ultimate Proof that he was messing with you, at most. You said you let of at 80. A 600cc's first gear is 78mph at redline!!!! Hahahaha!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerider
And the Ultimate Proof that he was messing with you, at most. You said you let of at 80. A 600cc's first gear is 78mph at redline!!!! Hahahaha!
You bike riders can be so smug lol

I was on our motorway one evening going home & 3 bikes went speeding passed, one slowed & waited for me. He motioned for me to slow, so I did, down to 70kph/40mph & have a race. When I looked he was on a bloody 900cc Ninja. I just shook my head at him but went ahead anyway, I went wot & instantly he just lifted his front wheel & was gone. I laughed like **** at my stupidity at even contemplating trying to race this guy lol.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
You bike riders can be so smug lol

I was on our motorway one evening going home & 3 bikes went speeding passed, one slowed & waited for me. He motioned for me to slow, so I did, down to 70kph/40mph & have a race. When I looked he was on a bloody 900cc Ninja. I just shook my head at him but went ahead anyway, I went wot & instantly he just lifted his front wheel & was gone. I laughed like **** at my stupidity at even contemplating trying to race this guy lol.
Hahaha! I bet it looked sweet though... Not my cup of tea but someone's gotta do it...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerider
Bikes are simply faster.
There are a few of us here that would argue that. Pretty vague statement.

Bikes are faster.. HEHE

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...le-passes.html

Wait until the end of this one, absolutely nasty:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...xr-1000-a.html

Jus' Sayin'
Old 01-04-2012, 02:34 AM
Launching!

i raced my friend on his zx6r 08 on my z28 m6, wasnt stock, i dont know what the previews owner did to it.. i had the win by almost two cars, it was his first riding days..
few months later we raced a c6 on my 08 zx6r and my friend on his,
we got got the win on the vette .. it really depends on the guy riding the bike..
bikes are quick!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Raced my buddy a couple days after I got my 954RR (my second bike)...

954RR mods- sprockets full exhaust intake tune
03 Cobra- Bolt ons, pulley, tune, etc.. 460ish Rwhp IIRC

He got the hit from IIRC 35-40roll.. I raised the tire and short shifted into second, hit the rev limiter in 2nd and shifted to 3rd. I let out shortly after that.

Not sure how to put it... The people that were watching us a ways up (we were following them and slowed down to get a run in) thought I just went WOT and he stayed there... I thought he went from 35/40 to around 75 and let out.. He stayed in it until almost 120mph. To say it was absolutely stupid would be a huge understatement. I could have started in 2nd gear, short shifted it, hit the rev limiter, hit 130mph and slowed back down to 40mph and he would have still been a football field behind me.

My old F4i... Slip on only.. The shifter peg was broke so I had problems shifting every gear except one (made me hit the limiter and took longer to shift it/sat in a weird position.
Same guy that owned the Cobra:
00 z28
5.3 2.5 heads
ls6 intake
f13 cam
373s
weight reduction (car weighed 32XX something)
3600 converter
LTs Ypipe with nothing after that
dyno tune
I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things..

We went from 25 or so until I topped my bike out.. I pulled probably 6-7 car lengths until around 140 or so... About that time he stopped my pull, I hit near the bikes limit before he ever started gaining any ground at all. It would have been more like 10+ car lengths if I could have shifted correctly I believe and he would have never stopped my pull.

Run into someone that knows how to ride and most street cars get humbled REAL quick... And you guys stop doing 1st gear rolls with bikes... Get them up there to 50-55mph and make them go. You are asking for it from 1st gear.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:15 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by lemons12

He got the hit from IIRC 35-40roll.. I raised the tire and short shifted into second, hit the rev limiter in 2nd and shifted to 3rd. I let out shortly after that.

Not sure how to put it... The people that were watching us a ways up (we were following them and slowed down to get a run in) thought I just went WOT and he stayed there... I thought he went from 35/40 to around 75 and let out.. He stayed in it until almost 120mph. To say it was absolutely stupid would be a huge understatement. I could have started in 2nd gear, short shifted it, hit the rev limiter, hit 130mph and slowed back down to 40mph and he would have still been a football field behind me.

My old F4i... Slip on only.. The shifter peg was broke so I had problems shifting every gear except one (made me hit the limiter and took longer to shift it/sat in a weird position.
00 z28
5.3 2.5 heads
ls6 intake
f13 cam
373s
3600 converter
dyno tune

We went from 25 or so until I topped my bike out.. I pulled probably 6-7 car lengths until around 140 or so... About that time he stopped my pull, I hit near the bikes limit before he ever started gaining any ground at all. It would have been more like 10+ car lengths if I could have shifted correctly I believe and he would have never stopped my pull.

Run into someone that knows how to ride and most street cars get humbled REAL quick... And you guys stop doing 1st gear rolls with bikes... Get them up there to 50-55mph and make them go. You are asking for it from 1st gear.

The ZX6R redlines at like 87mph in first. The ZX10R redlines at around 100 in first.
So good luck with that 50-55mph roll.

Last edited by audacious nick; 01-04-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 PM

00 z28
5.3 2.5 heads
ls6 intake
f13 cam
373s
3600 converter
dyno tune

Exactly. Most guys who are in this forum know what they are talking about. No disrespect to the guy who started the thread, but there's no way he could have hung with a zx6 in a mostly stock car.. Especially from a dig or low first gear race.. If the rider shifting gears between 0-80 he wasn't racing or even trying for that matter..

Months ago I've raced a Shelby GT500 with my zx6 and my buddy on his gix750. I was behind the gt500 constantly closing the throttle with the fear of running into his rear bumper. I had enough time to signal the 750 to pass and drop gears before passing him around 120-130.. You need a lot of power in a very light car to even hang with 600s. Let a lone the CBR 1000 and other liter bikes. If I was him I'd just except the fact the bike was ******* with me and I only have a 13second car... Not a 10 second car...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

My T/A got smoked by my friend's 91 CBR600. Yes, the almighty LS1 lost to a 21 year old, carbed, and underpowered street bike lol. This is deh interwebz all of us drive 700 horse DD's so it's ok.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by audacious nick
The ZX6R redlines at like 87mph in first. The ZX10R redlines at around 100 in first.
So good luck with that 50-55mph roll.
85+% of riders won't start in first on a 600 at 55mph.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

85+% of riders won't start in first on a 600 at 55mph.
^this guy.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here we go..

Do you not agree with that statement? Why in the hell do you think there are so many close racers with cars VS bikes or two 600s equally modded and one pulls on the other hard.

Starting in wrong gears and short shifting is a major problem with new riders.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs ninja zx6r