Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs ninja zx6r

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a buddy that tracks his bike on a regular basis, and has sponsors.. He has tons and tons of bike parts, multiple fairing sets, has a TITAN truck done up very nice he drives, nice house, etc etc..... Money is not an issue.
This is the 3rd 600 he has owned.. Said he would never own a 1000. He makes people that are "bad ***" on bikes look silly.... The guys on liter bikes that are also "bad ***" don't matter, he loses them so horrible in the turns they don't catch up until he waits on them on the side of the road at the top of the mountain.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your friend enjoys being the underdog but is afraid of finding out that he is not up to snuff which is why he refuses to step up to the next level. It's like being a badass in college sports but refusing to go pro: fact is, a pro rider on a equally setup new 1000 will walk away from him on his 600 by at least a few seconds a lap. He is afraid of finding out he can't handle the next step up the food chain is all. Of course, he might be hiding behind the excuse that he doesn't want to get hurt.? That's the excuse I've used myself.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Your friend enjoys being the underdog but is afraid of finding out that he is not up to snuff which is why he refuses to step up to the next level. It's like being a badass in college sports but refusing to go pro: fact is, a pro rider on a equally setup new 1000 will walk away from him on his 600 by at least a few seconds a lap. He is afraid of finding out he can't handle the next step up the food chain is all. Of course, he might be hiding behind the excuse that he doesn't want to get hurt.? That's the excuse I've used myself.
LOL, you have never seen him ride.

I have seen him on plenty of friends liter bikes. My point was he doesn't need a 1000 to embarrass the **** out of people... He does it on a 600.
I have seen plenty of "amazing" riders challenge him and they end up looking foolish. 4-5 turns and his tail light disappears. He is in his late 40s, been riding since he was a kid, has had sponsors/getting paid/winning tournaments for the last 10+ years.

It is his choice not to ride a liter bike. His tires are more wear on the sides than the middle. He goes STRAIGHT to the mountains/curves and then goes straight home. You don't see him on straight roads not even cruising unless he is on his way to curves or on his way home.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'm not ******* on 600's, but I refuse to listen to the crap excuses so many 600 riders use for there owning them. Fact is, they would have a bigger bike if they could afford it/ had bought a bigger one in the first place.

My best friend and one of only a couple guys who I have ever ridden with who can beat me ran 5 years with a well modded 636 that embarrassed dozens of good riders on 1000's. He now has a new ZX10 because he got tired of me always catching right back up to him on the corner exits. So much for my advantage...
Lol honestly I feel ya, some 600 riders get this stupid *** littl swag like they rule the streets.. Perfect example In this video! Haha
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=2cNYzOUqXi0

Usually these dudes are in their low 20s parents bought it for them.. Think they're doing something serious because they have power between there legs... I'm no veteran by any means. I'm 25 and been riding for 11 months... But had a lot of practice and friendly coaching.. Few videos helped to.. But I'm humble about my riding skill (or lack there of). will I get a 1000? Only if I feel I really need it... I cant afford one, but if i could my 600 will do just fine until i race in competion... Besides me being on a 600 has improved my popularity a lot more than 1000 would because who would guess a kid on a 600 can do what I do... Especially with only 11 months of riding experience and as competitive as it is down here as you can see from the 400 pictures I showed you from the first link.
Lot of 600 riders certainly give us a bad name... Lol
Old 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by lemons12
LOL, you have never seen him ride.

I have seen him on plenty of friends liter bikes. My point was he doesn't need a 1000 to embarrass the **** out of people... He does it on a 600.
I have seen plenty of "amazing" riders challenge him and they end up looking foolish. 4-5 turns and his tail light disappears. He is in his late 40s, been riding since he was a kid, has had sponsors/getting paid/winning tournaments for the last 10+ years.

It is his choice not to ride a liter bike. His tires are more wear on the sides than the middle. He goes STRAIGHT to the mountains/curves and then goes straight home. You don't see him on straight roads not even cruising unless he is on his way to curves or on his way home.
TRacks you see it all the time! Popularity will grow a lot more with a smaller bike kicking the **** out of guys on liter bikes... Give Me his number I could use a coach!! Haha
Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 PM

Perfect example of mind over matter! 125 killing bigger bikes!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=kU6xrs7SOCc
Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

F...n sure OPs thread was about LT1 V 600....nothing to do with 1000cc V 600cc. Back on topic huh!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
F...n sure OPs thread was about LT1 V 600....nothing to do with 1000cc V 600cc. Back on topic huh!
i think its too far gone now

Quick Reply: LT1 vs ninja zx6r