Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 vs ninja zx6r

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikerider
Idk it seemed a bit low to me for a trap.. But like I said earlier I'm a bike rider.. Baby crotch 600s!?? Really? That's where most people get misconceptions about bikes... Take a busa to leguna seca, willow springs, chuckwalla, thunderhill or any track for that matter and a 600 will kick the **** out of it given equal riders.. 600 are 600s because they are more forgiving, Easier to menouver and excellerate very hard in low gears considering slow corner power bands. Anyone can crank a throttle in a straight line.. The best bike is a 1000.. And generally a busa won't pass a 1000 until it top two if not 6th gear because they are heavy as fu**. Btw a mildley modded 600cc took a 7:18 at the nurbergring on a warm up lap before wrecking during his hot lap. To fuel that arguement cars reach 180mph on the nurbergring. Gix6 will top out at 165. Not the fastest straight line but Not bad for a baby crotch 6 driven by a "non" pro rider... Trust me they aren't babies...
600's are slow from a dig, from a roll, and out of the corner. And to say that a 1000 is the best bike is silly. And to say that a 1348 cc bike wont pass a 998cc bike until 5th or 6th is even sillier! And to say that anybody can crank a throttle in straight line says that you're clueless IRT drag racing. 600s are not forgiving...they're little light-weight, stiff suspension bricks. Guys with little bikes are always on this "my bike is superior because..." crap
Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gixper
600's are slow from a dig- 600s are not forgiving...they're little light-weight, stiff suspension bricks. Guys with little bikes are always on this "my bike is superior because..." crap
^^^
Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

600's are slow from a dig, from a roll, and out of the corner. And to say that a 1000 is the best bike is silly. And to say that a 1348 cc bike wont pass a 998cc bike until 5th or 6th is even sillier! And to say that anybody can crank a throttle in straight line says that you're clueless IRT drag racing. 600s are not forgiving...they're little light-weight, stiff suspension bricks. Guys with little bikes are always on this "my bike is superior because..." crap
Great post! Guy is clueless.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM

Yeah right your on crack! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! I mean no disrespect but come on man.... Gix 600 10.7 @130+ and can run 7:18 nurburgring practice run? Come on man... A 1350cc is only superor in power. Stiff suspension is for the track. Every rider knows that.. I'm not even about the whole bike is superior that's just a simple comparison... Busa and zx14s are only for drag racing. 600s do pull out of corners and 600s are forgiving considering if u **** up with a 1000 on the throttle your more likely to go down... Come on man all riders know that.. At least as experienced as you say u are... U got fat *** chicken strips don't u? Lol.. Let's see those puuuuckkksss!!! Hahahaha

Last edited by Bikerider; 01-06-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM

Oh and as dudes who own 600s.. I chose to get a 600 because I have no problems racing 1000 in the twisties. If i needed a 1000 i would have gotten one. And yes straight line requires a lot less skill than twisties as far as bikes are concerned... Every ride with experience knows that... Why you think AMA and MotOGP are the motorcycle racing being watched and not drag racing... Come on man...
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Bike was probably testing his clutch by seeing if he could start from a stop in 6th gear.
2ND that on my zx6r ,NO LT1 is going to do anything unless heavily MODDED, the ZX6R are low 11 or high 10's
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Oh and as dudes who own 600s.. I chose to get a 600 because I have no problems racing 1000 in the twisties. If i needed a 1000 i would have gotten one. And yes straight line requires a lot less skill than twisties as far as bikes are concerned... Every ride with experience knows that... Why you think AMA and MotOGP are the motorcycle racing being watched and not drag racing... Come on man...
I had a BUSA and hated that TANK , my 6R is way fun light and quick vs heavy and Powerful , I choose to be quick not enough road for that BUSA power.......6R is the first bike to race in a higher CC class weighed down and STILL won AMA..
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah right your on crack! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! I mean no disrespect but come on man.... Gix 600 10.7 @130+ and can run 7:18 nurburgring practice run? Come on man... A 1350cc is only superor in power. Stiff suspension is for the track. Every rider knows that.. I'm not even about the whole bike is superior that's just a simple comparison... Busa and zx14s are only for drag racing. 600s do pull out of corners and 600s are forgiving considering if u **** up with a 1000 on the throttle your more likely to go down... Come on man all riders know that.. At least as experienced as you say u are... U got fat *** chicken strips don't u? Lol.. Let's see those puuuuckkksss!!! Hahahaha
It's not that they are more forgiving...it's that they are underpowered, making it less likely for a rider to give it too much gas in the corner, or 12 o'clock it at the line, or spin too much from a dig. Just because a bike is bigger and more powerful doesn't mean that its any less of a performer...to the contrary actually; it simply means that it requires a higher skill level (as in control, awareness, & *****) to get it to perform optimally. What the rider can do and what the bike can do are two different things. Get your skill up, bruh.
U got fat *** chicken strips don't u? Lol.. Let's see those puuuuckkksss!!! Hahahaha
And seriously...what? Guess I had to be there.

I had a BUSA and hated that TANK , my 6R is way fun light and quick vs heavy and Powerful , I choose to be quick not enough road for that BUSA power.......6R is the first bike to race in a higher CC class weighed down and STILL won AMA..
There's always enough road brother
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 PM

It's not that they are more forgiving...it's that they are underpowered, making it less likely for a rider to give it too much gas in the corner, or 12 o'clock it at the line, or spin too much from a dig. Just because a bike is bigger and more powerful doesn't mean that its any less of a performer...to the contrary actually; it simply means that it requires a higher skill level (as in control, awareness, & *****) to get it to perform optimally. What the rider can do and what the bike can do are two different things. Get your skill up, bruh. And seriously...what? Guess I had to be there.

I feel ya!! That exactly what I'm saying... A 600 is no bitch.. And forgiving is exactly what your saying less likely to go down with lack of throttle control... Trust me my skill is right that's why I dont feel I need a 1000 for track days... U know? And chicken strips are that smooth part of the tire you don't use... Pucks are on your knees when you wear full leather gear.. When you get your knee down you have wear and tear on your those pucks... You don't really need much ***** to get your knee down just skill. I was hoping he would say what you said... Just to show how full of it he is...
Old 01-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSsic66
Ah this reminds me of a c4 corvette who came up to me at a redlight in wisconsin. Had a widebody kit (rare to see that) Sick 3pc rims and was camming pretty damn healthy. We left the light I was ***** footing the gears on my 05 zx10.

When all of a sudden he took off. I down shift in to third and stayed a car behind him in the other lane. Next light he said Good Job man! I was kind of questioning the meaning behind that. Then he said let's go again this thing take 600s off the line... I shake my head and BOOM light turns green I let him get the launch. Only to catch up once I hit second gear and blow past him like he was standing still.

Beating a bike take a min. hp of 600 from a roll on. But at the track if you can't get the launch down, cars will beat you all day.

I love betting on bike vs car races at drag nights out here. Bikers get so cocky.
Im going to have to respectfully disagree with this part. 600 whp in say a 3000 pound z06 is going to sling it to a 600cc bike from a roll. I think 500-530 ish would make it pretty interesting.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow this thread is still alive . In case anyone wants some actual facts...

FWIW my bike made 106rwhp stock with just a jumpermod(factory exhaust valve kills them stock, paperclip in ECU plug disables it). Now its probably 115ish and weighs 39x(homemade bottom exit GP pipe, no midpipe, cat deleted, CF fender, deleted PAIR valve, deleted exhaust valve motor). Regeared with -1/+2 sprockets I can't keep the front down in first or second, and its a bitch to launch at the track. 600s make **** for low end, so you have to wring their necks, but even with the front strapped its a fine line between bogging or yanking the front. After gearing it I've only been to the track once, and my short times and 1/8th were slower then before the gearing...need a lot more seat time to get used to the new gearing.

With that being said, just a drop and stretch will let me launch much harder, and dragged prepped 600s are running mid 10s with just bolt-ons.

Still, a literbike will beat a 600 in everything but cost and twisty tracks, but don't forget that bikes are way more operator dependent then our cars are. The difference between a pro and a novice can easily be a full second in the 1/4, or many car lengths from a roll. You don't know how many guys I ride with do highway pulls in 4th or 5th gear and shift early.

Hell, there is a WERA coach a year ago on a bike forum who was showing a few literbikes whats up on tight course riding a 250 ninja...with a whopping 25 horsepower compared to their ~170.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:59 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

And seriously...what? Guess I had to be there.

He means you don't use your entire tire because you're not a good rider. Pucks refer to dragging your knee.

Honestly it's pretty much pointless to have no chicken strips on your tire on street riding, because there are so many variables that can lead to a crash.

Now on track days, that's when we could give you **** for having chicken strips.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by audacious nick
He means you don't use your entire tire because you're not a good rider. Pucks refer to dragging your knee.

Honestly it's pretty much pointless to have no chicken strips on your tire on street riding, because there are so many variables that can lead to a crash.

Now on track days, that's when we could give you **** for having chicken strips.
Believe it or not I agree to a certain extent.. But only to that extent if quick enough riders could get the knee down for a split second and go faster around the corner than the guy who dragged it all the way around... I was basically just talking ****... But none the less... I still need to see me after that comment from mr experience.. Lol
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Staging Lane

I would eat your lunch and take your bus money on a twisty backroad up in the mountains on my zx14. Fact.

Don't go talking smack about busa's and 14's until you are a good enough STREET rider to appreciate what can be accomplished on one. I came across wannabe track stars like you all the time on my local forums: inevitably it ended up with them and me on various backroads up in the cascade mountains where I flat out embarrassed every single one of them every single time on my zx14 in the corners, not the straits. And I weighed 300+lbs back then.

Got a bit bigger now, don't go to those forums anymore and only ride with my friends, but I have zero doubt I could still stuff a very large crow down your throat if you are local to me. Where are you located at?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow **** is getting real in here, i think tim tebow built the ops lt1 lol
Old 01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
wow **** is getting real in here, i think tim tebow built the ops lt1 lol
You mean it runs good but can't pass for ****?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Really? I take it you missed yesterdays game.
what did he average during the regular season? 8 pass attempts per game I believe? with 4 or 5 completions? I personally thought he did a decent job of throwing yesterday, was really surprised by how many passes he threw actually. But still, come on, there is no way you can say he is a pass throwing quarterback.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I would eat your lunch and take your bus money on a twisty backroad up in the mountains on my zx14. Fact.

Don't go talking smack about busa's and 14's until you are a good enough STREET rider to appreciate what can be accomplished on one. I came across wannabe track stars like you all the time on my local forums: inevitably it ended up with them and me on various backroads up in the cascade mountains where I flat out embarrassed every single one of them every single time on my zx14 in the corners, not the straits. And I weighed 300+lbs back then.

Got a bit bigger now, don't go to those forums anymore and only ride with my friends, but I have zero doubt I could still stuff a very large crow down your throat if you are local to me. Where are you located at?
lol.. yeah never heard that one before.. hahaha! Dude stay off the steroids.. I was "NOT" talking smack about big bikes dummy.. Read what I was saying.. I was saying 600s arent slow.. which was stated earlier by someone else... lol.. kick my *** around back roads? yeah if you say so...

Thats what bugs most about dudes who do have bigger bikes. They assume because someone is on a smaller bike they're automatically better. Not always the case man... Gauntlet has been dropped..
Would love to ride with ya...
The link below is a picture of me on highway 94 down here in SD go about 80%.. Like I said I would love to ride with you...

http://www.motofoto.us/Motorcycles/H...FjgcK&lb=1&s=A
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

lol.. yeah never heard that one before.. hahaha! Dude stay off the steroids.. I was "NOT" talking smack about big bikes dummy.. Read what I was saying.. I was saying 600s arent slow.. which was stated earlier by someone else... lol.. kick my *** around back roads? yeah if you say so...

Thats what bugs most about dudes who do have bigger bikes. They assume because someone is on a smaller bike they're automatically better. Not always the case man... Gauntlet has been dropped..
Would love to ride with ya...
The link below is a picture of me on highway 94 down here in SD go about 80%.. Like I said I would love to ride with you...

http://www.motofoto.us/Motorcycles/H...FjgcK&lb=1&s=A
I'm not ******* on 600's, but I refuse to listen to the crap excuses so many 600 riders use for there owning them. Fact is, they would have a bigger bike if they could afford it/ had bought a bigger one in the first place.

My best friend and one of only a couple guys who I have ever ridden with who can beat me ran 5 years with a well modded 636 that embarrassed dozens of good riders on 1000's. He now has a new ZX10 because he got tired of me always catching right back up to him on the corner exits. So much for my advantage...
Old 01-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

facebook is screwing up and wont show me most of my photos, but here is a couple of his old 636:

And I'm not just blowing smoke.

Time for a new tire eh? No track time on this one, just commuting and backroads miles. The 2CT Pilot Powers have more tread then I have lean angle.

Quick Reply: LT1 vs ninja zx6r