Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 2000 Z28 vs stock 1987 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Actually an 88 aod car should run half decent for what it was-fast year for them. Lost to a 84 vette-wow they were very slow
Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nmbr5ml
True. I was talking about the average 35 mph to 90 or so mph street encounter. My 2006 Tundra is a beast compared to that old Mustang I had, but when speeds get over 100 even a riced-out Ford Probe will start gaining on it. Ask me how I know.
Your Tundra is a beast compared to the average, slightly modified 6.0L 2500HD as well...

Oh, and I can attest that my 88 5.0 would go 130, at least indicated ground speed.
I drove more than 1 to over 130, but that was long ago.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea I'm talking trash. I run evrything I own at the track and it's in the sig. Look what your sig says "I like all RWD V8 cars with at least 300 lb ft of torque.". Pretty easy to see who the trash talker is.
You said it... You're constantly talking trash, as your sig attests. I don't have a time listed, nor any of my vehicles... There's a reason for that. Kids like you only think they're impressing most of us here... You're not.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

I don't beleive that at all...it means your full of ****.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
From a roll, you'd still have your *** handed to you because they'd go 130mph and your truck won't.
Only the slowest convertible, fully loaded autos would only go that fast. My old bone stoc 89 LX hatch went over 140 (GPS verified). It wasn't a whole lot of fun over 125 mph, but it still get there.

Chris
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

I don't beleive that at all...it means your full of ****.
Of course you don't believe it... YOU are the kid I'm talking about! Duh... What a mo-ron.

Just so you'll know... I had an 11 second car before you even had a car, back in 1997. 11's today is NOT impressive for anyone with a total engine swap. You're only kidding yourself, sportsfan.

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
Only the slowest convertible, fully loaded autos would only go that fast. My old bone stoc 89 LX hatch went over 140 (GPS verified). It wasn't a whole lot of fun over 125 mph, but it still get there.

Chris
My 91 auto wasn't "loaded" or a 'vert. It did have nearly everything offered, but was an LX and it ran about 135mph, but not only wasn't fun at that speed, it also took about 3 miles to get there! That was the most treacherous car I ever drove to 176mph... That was mathematically verified(no car GPS back then) and ya might say it had a modification or two by then.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts on the matter at hand: Everyone in srk section needs a Sig exactly like manalshi!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
My thoughts on the matter at hand: Everyone in srk section needs a Sig exactly like manalshi!
Heh... I couldn't find the right one for my tastes...
Old 09-19-2011, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just make **** up... When questioned... You recycled all your time slips to follow the new going green trend, printer was out of ink at dyno, dyno building was on an 8 mile long road that Nigerians cut a path to using machetes so no internet obviously, and you don't believe in technology so you don't own any sort of device to record anything of your car.

Its just how we roll in SRK!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Wellshitthen... I guess I've got some work to do... heh. Love it. Last week, I actually broke out the car for the 1st time in ages... Needs some serious tuning. Maybe around the 1st or 2nd month of next year, I'll get it track ready. Just don't EVEN feel like dropping coin on my toys these days. Too many other things to "waste" my time & money on... Heck, I'd like someone to come over and mow 7acres of grass free of charge. That'd free up some time! Alas, I'll do that and skip out on the toys a bit longer. What I really need is a new, much larger more.

The whole "going back to work" think has thrown a hammer into my box of wrenches! Oh well, bills must be paid, right! Would've never done that, 'cept for the whole "Don't wanna sleep in a ditch" thing... Taxes, fuel, insurance, etc. NASTY BASTARDS, ONE AND ALL!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

I typically run old 5.0's from a roll in my 2500hd. They can get me by a little if they have a couple mods.
Here is a race from Thursday between a new EcoBoost and a 2500HD at Dunn Benson (NC track).

It all started with the Ecoboost owner starting a thread with pics of his new rims. The HD owner started talking **** to him and ended up in a race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xSPQ...=youtube_gdata
Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 AM

Imagine if every single person in here had the same sig, just their own name in ghetto looking spraypaint writting?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just make **** up... When questioned... You recycled all your time slips to follow the new going green trend, printer was out of ink at dyno, dyno building was on an 8 mile long road that Nigerians cut a path to using machetes so no internet obviously, and you don't believe in technology so you don't own any sort of device to record anything of your car.

Its just how we roll in SRK!

"Honestly, my car made 424rwhp!!! No...the tuner doesn't have the internet at his shop. His printer was also broken. No I don't own a camera phone."

Sounds so familiar.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

They are ******* FREE!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
They are ******* FREE!
And seeing so many of them tells us all something...

It's cool for your sig... Not so much for all of us.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Heater
Here is a race from Thursday between a new EcoBoost and a 2500HD at Dunn Benson (NC track).

It all started with the Ecoboost owner starting a thread with pics of his new rims. The HD owner started talking **** to him and ended up in a race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xSPQ...=youtube_gdata
You know that won't apply to him though, because his slowass truck has a couple mods and the new 3.5L V6 F-150 is more powerful than the old 5.0L ever was. It was funny to watch that video though.

I have to wonder what k-nucklehead thinks a stock HD anything is going to run with a low 14 second 1/2 ton...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Of course you don't believe it... YOU are the kid I'm talking about! Duh... What a mo-ron.

Just so you'll know... I had an 11 second car before you even had a car, back in 1997. 11's today is NOT impressive for anyone with a total engine swap. You're only kidding yourself, sportsfan.

My 91 auto wasn't "loaded" or a 'vert. It did have nearly everything offered, but was an LX and it ran about 135mph, but not only wasn't fun at that speed, it also took about 3 miles to get there! :
You talk so much **** and it's all made up.
Just so you know I ran 11's back in 02....after I swapped to a ls6 out of necessity. A friend blew up my ls1 and I replaced it with a ls6. You a dumbass and you offer nothing to forum besides your idiototic bullshit.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

You talk so much **** and it's all made up.
Prove that, or anything close to that, ya dreamer... I've not EVER mentioned anything about racing my car, or what it runs, or even what it looks like on here... There's NOTHING made up, little man... Your SORRY *** doesn't even know what kind of car I have! Save your stupidity for the 3rd graders you have lunch with!

Just so you know I ran 11's back in 02....after I swapped to a ls6 out of necessity. A friend blew up my ls1 and I replaced it with a ls6. You a dumbass and you offer nothing to forum besides your idiototic bullshit.
I know all about your sad story... You had SOMEONE ELSE do an engine swap for you... since you're incapable. And the car responded... WITH a little nitrous you never mention here... Congratulations! Your car ran about what mine did, just 5yrs later... You're still way behind, but you want details or it's just not true. NO, BOY... I don't need to give some braggert little SHITFACED CLOWN any information about anything... You already think you know all the answers. To me, you're just another wannabe, a boy in mans world, a kid who wishes his brain could muster the power to do what he SEES other people do.

You've long since past the stage of "grow up" and since you refuse to act like an adult, I'll treat you accordingly. Either wise up, or continue to have others point out what a fool you are. Deal with it, little wannabe man!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Itllrun, how do you know he is spraying? I mean actual proof.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

You see what I mean about talking **** you know nothing about. Thanks bud, you just proved my point for me

You stupid ****