Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Trans Am vs Turbo Mustang rematch, CBR 600

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Don't be naive, I know you're into this sport enough to realize that your best ET pass isn't always your best MPH. Here's a run where I was messing with launch RPM and bogged the **** out of it.
No ones being naive. I understand that perfectly. I went by what you said in the results thread. My car makes 426rwhp and I'm there with ya....What do you think a 490rwhp car should do to a 600? It should do better than op's did.

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I would have a hard time keeping up from a dig? I hope you meant he would. My car is not falling off on top, his is just coming on strong. The car weighs 3820 with me in it and it's being shifted at 6700.
What's yours run from a dig? Maybe we need a vid of you and him goin from a dig.
Come on everybody!!

dig!
dig!
dig! with the turbo 'stang!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP's car was most likely not making 490whp against the CBR since that run was the very last run on nitrous, so the bottle was pretty much empty. I actually rode in the mustang this weekend, and it pulls HARD. Maybe it's not the norm for a 2v to make that much power/torque, but it does. Deal with it. The race when the mustang was on 7lbs the trans am lost by a fender with ~40 less whp. To me that's pretty good. So how is the car a turd now?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Because Tim, the 2v only makes like 400 whp, keep up. Didn't you read the last thread too?
Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea lol, I was wondering if anyone would notice that. It's a supercharged vette making almost 700 whp with 14x,xxx miles on a bone stock motor.
I just saw a blip and shrugged it off as a liter bike poking fun... That's a FAST Corvette!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
No ones being naive. I understand that perfectly. I went by what you said in the results thread. My car makes 426rwhp and I'm there with ya....What do you think a 490rwhp car should do to a 600? It should do better than op's did.
I'm not trying to throw you under the bus, considering how quickly your feeling gets hurt... Seriously though, you came off as naive when you essentially suggested the bike shouldn't run WAY better from any kind of roll than a dig... You went further too, by mentioning your FZ6 as if it's in the league of a SS bike... It isn't. For those reasons, exluding others, people are scratching their heads and wondering why you say these things...
Old 10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I just saw a blip and shrugged it off as a liter bike poking fun... That's a FAST Corvette!
If you pay close enough attention to the race vs the CBR you can see my buddy on his R1 on the brakes as we take off and pass him, he then comes around us a few seconds later lol.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

If you pay close enough attention to the race vs the CBR you can see my buddy on his R1 on the brakes as we take off and pass him, he then comes around us a few seconds later lol.
Maybe that's what I saw and I totally missed the 'vette... Hmmm... Being so dark, I wasn't sure either way.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun

I'm not trying to throw you under the bus, considering how quickly your feeling gets hurt... Seriously though, you came off as naive when you essentially suggested the bike shouldn't run WAY better from any kind of roll than a dig... You went further too, by mentioning your FZ6 as if it's in the league of a SS bike... It isn't. For those reasons, exluding others, people are scratching their heads and wondering why you say these things...
I have played with other 600's of the same couple years as my fz6. It's closer than you think on the street, I have beat a few. The new ones are be a different story, they have made alot of changes since my bike was desiged in 03/04 when it came out. The bike should'nt run way better when he sprays @ 490whp...the car should edge the bike then if the car is right with that much power.

You don't hurt my feelings one bit. When someone like you spews off at the mouth the way you do you only make yourself look bad.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Launching!

You should go back to page 1 and watch the 520 whp fbody vs a well ridden 600.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Because Tim, the 2v only makes like 400 whp, keep up. Didn't you read the last thread too?
I didn't think I'd need to read when Chris was saying his car probably makes around 430 on low boost.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM

Why does that turd FZ6 keep getting brought up? Except for the claims of a couple wins in impromptu street races, everything I've seen and read says that bike gets it's **** pushed in by a real 600.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Why does that turd FZ6 keep getting brought up? Except for the claims of a couple wins in impromptu street races, everything I've seen and read says that bike gets it's **** pushed in by a real 600.
Now it does. But they have 2 versions now, in 05 the only version was the hegher powered one like I have. Yamaha has not updated the performance of that bike since it debuted in 03 or 04. It's a great all round bike. To be honest I would trade even up for a new 600SS....****** things ride like your gettin pulled down the road on a 2x4.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 PM

I don't doubt that it's a great all around bike and very fun to ride, but that's not what the debate is about.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Launching!

My Honda Civic gets good gas mileage.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

I have played with other 600's of the same couple years as my fz6. It's closer than you think on the street, I have beat a few. The new ones are be a different story, they have made alot of changes since my bike was desiged in 03/04 when it came out. The bike should'nt run way better when he sprays @ 490whp...the car should edge the bike then if the car is right with that much power.
Yeah yeah... Your FZ6, like your Camaro, just runs WAY BETTER than identically prepared versions other people have... C'mon...

Take your bike out to the track and run it alongside someone who runs the same ET's in their car, or who does that night... Then take it to the street and run that person from 40 to 120 and see what happens. If you're any kind of rider, the car is TOAST! That is, unless it runs like that Mustang, where the start basically sucks but the top end is uncanny, to say the least... That's the whole point of the thread, but you wanna argue about why the T/A should've won and that there must be something wrong with that car.

You don't hurt my feelings one bit. When someone like you spews off at the mouth the way you do you only make yourself look bad.
Which TOTALLY explains why everyone else here agrees with you and not me, huh.... Get a clue already.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why don't you seem to understand that your car is basically a purpose built track car that runs at one of the fastest tracks in the country? Bigs tires out back with skinnies up front, a faceplated transmission, extensive weight reduction, etc, and running in Fall air and sea level at one of the fastest tracks in the country. Your car runs EXTREMELY well for the power it makes and is not anywhere close to representative of how your average Fbody street car with that much power and even significantly more power runs based on your track numbers. I don't know if you're just intentionally ignoring all of these facts or actually oblivious to the million variables that affect any given street car at the variety of tracks people run at around the country AND the dynos they use, but either way you come across as quite ignorant by making these grossly blanket statements about how X car should run with X amount of power. 98% of the street cars out there are not setup anything like yours and 98% of them are NOT running at the type of track and in the type of air you do.

Your average automatic Fbody street car making under 500 hp is likely not going to be trapping the same as my bike in the 1/4 at a track like LVD where I run. And even if it's got a great setup/driver and does happen to be trapping that fast at the top end, it's still gonna get walked hard by my bike from a 40mph roll to anywhere around 130mph or so because it's NOT going to be trapping near what I do in the 1/8, nevermind in my first to second gear range. Go find me a good running 126-127 mph Fbody and post up their 1/8 mph for comparison, then consider the fact that not only am I probably outtrapping them there, but at the 330 foot mark I'm accelerating SIGNIFICANTLY harder than I am at the 1/8 mile comparatively.

You have a very strong running car with a great setup that runs extremely impressive times for the power it makes and you should be proud of that. What you shouldn't be proud of is your attitude that any car that makes power like yours or more and doesn't run exactly like your car or better is a big pile of **** with an awful driver and a terrible setup and something is clearly wrong with the car.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

My car is FFFAAAARRRRR from a purpose built track car. No where even near.

I never said op's car runs like ****....I said it should run better.

My car trapped 100 in the 1/8 twice and 104 twice (spun in 2nd gear)....there's your example.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

"Ignorance is bliss" Sypher, The Matrix
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Launching!

My car is FFFAAAARRRRR from a purpose built track car. No where even near.

I never said op's car runs like ****....I said it should run better.

My car trapped 100 in the 1/8 twice and 104 twice (spun in 2nd gear)....there's your example.
What's your race weight?
Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not 3800 lol he will probly chime in when he gets back home hes over here doing dirt deeds for me at the moment lol
Old 10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And pewter i wouldn't call a fully optioned car a race car. it has cruise pw,pl,ac etc. and has never seen a drop of race gas he has just put alot more effort in his than most people have. But anyone can do it so he sometimes overlooks how heavy peoples street cars are.

Quick Reply: Trans Am vs Turbo Mustang rematch, CBR 600