Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seen it 3 years ago I81 north lmao. ive been guilty of it just not in an 18 wheeler lol jk
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Dont worry you would probly out run his 5th gen with no problem lol. His panties are in a bunch from another thread in wich ppl make fun of 5th gens. and he has little man syndrome over it! im confident he has a 4 inch weiner and stands 5'2 lol
Man your more of dumb *** then ohio, just the fact that what you think this guy did is ok proves it!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Good kill on the V6...
Old 10-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Youll be more concerned about who or what your racing after you have some close calls getting caught racing or almost get wrecked by a less experienced driver your taunting to race.When i first got a ws6 I wanted to race anyone and everything,now I realize most cars i encounter on the road cant hang anyways and not every one in a sports or muscle car want's to be speedracer.In other words its not worth it racing your average 350 z or v6 camaro that you come across.I would be pissed of if I got pulled over for puppy kicking some v6 that didn't want to race in the first place and never was a worthy contender to begin with,have a cop looking under my car and under the hood to screw me over on mod's I'm not supposed to have.I will race if its setup beforehand with a car worth racing but that random encounter race can one day backfire in a very bad way!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
So I was on the interstate a few days ago going the speed limit, 70MPH. I see a 2010 or 2011 Camaro coming up, I'm searching the grill for the badge. Since they're both red it was hard to tell at fist, but unfortunately it said RS. Nevertheless I pity people who get an RS Camaro and think they're fast. The 5th Gen. Camaro was passing me, going 75MPH or so, I nailed it, letting them hear my loud exhaust, getting all the way up to 90MPH or so then slowing back down. The 5th Gen. Camaro comes up again, still going 75MPH, about ready to pass me...I nail it again, this time hitting 95MPH and slowing down.

Finally the third time the 5th Gen. Camaro tries to pass me I roll down the window and put my hand out and give them a thumbs down, the driver, who was a young girl, mid 20's or so looks over at me and then floors it, and I hear the whinny 3.6 exhaust on that thing start to kick in. I always thought they were a little quicker, anyway she starts to leave me before I nailed it again, quickly caught up and passed her. She tries to pass me a 4th time, she's passing me slowly this time so I stick my hand out and wave her up, giving hand motions to hurry up and get along side me. She finally gets alongside me and looks over, she shrugs and shakes her head. Poor girl has probably never raced that thing in her life. At that point I just let it go, I resumed 70MPH and let her pass me. Feels good every once in awhile to let these new 5th Gen. owners know that a 10 year old V8 can still put the hurt on them, but since it was a girl who probably has no idea on anything about her car I don't feel the same satisfaction, not to mention it was just a V6.
cool story bro.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Anyone else thinks this seems like a ricer fly by?
Old 10-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Teching In

cali- comunism at its best! That sucks they regulate your mods and swaps are illegal. Whats this country coming to? hope cali breaks off and floats in the pacific
Old 10-19-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow at the replies! What's wrong with picking a fight? Everyone on here acts like such an uptight *******, it even makes me laugh

And to the response: "if it were my daughter/wife driving", just shut the **** up, and don't get mad at things posted on internet... ******* wanna be G.I. Joe tough guy...
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Im pretty sure swaps arent illegal in Cali as long as the car passes smog.Guy out here with a grand national ls1 swap all street legal and registered.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Wow at the replies! What's wrong with picking a fight? Everyone on here acts like such an uptight *******, it even makes me laugh

And to the response: "if it were my daughter/wife driving", just shut the **** up, and don't get mad at things posted on internet... ******* wanna be G.I. Joe tough guy...
Lmao, glad someone else sees it from my perspective. It's not like no one out there will go out and taunt other drivers to race, that's what having sports cars and muscle cars is all about, and the person you are taunting doesn't have to race, they can just ignore you, but I got someone interested.

And as for being pissed if I got pulled over for racing? Well yeah I'll be mad, but I'd be just as mad if I got pulled over for racing a Corvette. The difference? A race against a Corvette would probably go to a higher speed and be a more serious offense...if you want to look at it that way. But don't pretend like you've never street raced before.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So she was just driving faster than you and you wanted to "show what a 10 year old V8 car could do?" Sounds pretty dumb to me.

I would congratulate you on your "kill", but unfortunately this does not classify as one.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Good job on putting her in her place. I don't see what the big deal is.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Most people here including myself will try to instigate a race sometimes,often I cant help it if its something that seems worthwhile but i go about it a little different.Pull up ,rev engine ,jump out a little on them,etc.If they ignore or don't want to go I leave them alone.I never tryed to say never instigate a race,its a hit or miss type of thing and generally its a miss more often.Got let off with a warning (very lucky)last two times I was pulled over so I guess I have a reason to pick and choose my battles.I got pulled over going at least 125 mph on the freeway messing with some older bike,flew right past an unmarked police truck, since my record was clean and i was being nice and cooperative he let me go,the time before that I was told to throw my keys out the window and that was a scary moment thought i was getting busted ,car impounded for sure ,luck prevailed and i left with a warning once again.This won't happen a third time I can pretty much guarantee that.Sorry for long rant but its the truth!if it aint a v8 or something with boost I will generally ignore it,works for me!
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

The guy who started this thread is a ******* ricer douche.. End of story....
Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BayArea ws6
Most people here including myself will try to instigate a race sometimes,often I cant help it if its something that seems worthwhile but i go about it a little different.Pull up ,rev engine ,jump out a little on them,etc.If they ignore or don't want to go I leave them alone.I never tryed to say never instigate a race,its a hit or miss type of thing and generally its a miss more often.Got let off with a warning (very lucky)last two times I was pulled over so I guess I have a reason to pick and choose my battles.I got pulled over going at least 125 mph on the freeway messing with some older bike,flew right past an unmarked police truck, since my record was clean and i was being nice and cooperative he let me go,the time before that I was told to throw my keys out the window and that was a scary moment thought i was getting busted ,car impounded for sure ,luck prevailed and i left with a warning once again.This won't happen a third time I can pretty much guarantee that.Sorry for long rant but its the truth!if it aint a v8 or something with boost I will generally ignore it,works for me!
So by your story, you will race a V8 to 125MPH if you think it's good competition. Nevermind that you got off easily the last two times doing reckless driving, only a worthy car will get you up to that speed. Lol, makes almost no sense to me.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig Gibbs
The guy who started this thread is a ******* ricer douche.. End of story....
Glad we can all be so mature on here. You're in complete troll rage right now, sad to see.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Glad we can all be so mature on here. You're in complete troll rage right now, sad to see.
At least i dont try to get some girl to race that was probably trying to lose your stalking *** to begin with. Bro. get a clue and read these responses to your **** kill thread. Your wasting internet and air space..Sitting here reading your BS kill thread eating some chili cheese fritos .. Sounds like im in a rage huh?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig Gibbs
At least i dont try to get some girl to race that was probably trying to lose your stalking *** to begin with. Bro. get a clue and read these responses to your **** kill thread. Your wasting internet and air space..Sitting here reading your BS kill thread eating some chili cheese fritos .. Sounds like im in a rage huh?
Whoa man. U mad bro???
Old 10-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't look twice at a V6 "muscle" car, why even bother???
Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

I LOLed at the guy that said A gun could be pulled on you for driving like that! Backwoods Redneck lol

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS