Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
If this is true this has to be one of the worst setups ever. For the price of the car they couldnt make an adaptive system? Thats ridiculous.
Good job first smart post ive seen from you.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
If this is true this has to be one of the worst setups ever. For the price of the car they couldnt make an adaptive system? Thats ridiculous.
i agree, but as long as you keep 93 in it its all good, but when you initially buy the car they dont say **** about it. my car was noticeably slower and it was like 3 MPG off what it should be getting around town. it was almost like putting a tuner on it, it was that noticeable, plus it gets better millage and idles smoother.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bearsoldier17
I raced a 5th gen SS from 45-115. Well kinda. I slowed down to wait for him to try to pass me and we he hopped on it and moved over to pass me, I floored it. He pulled me at first, my nose to his door. Then I pulled forward, nose to nose at the top of second into third. At 115, we were still pretty even so he let off and moved over behind me. I have an A4 and have no idea what he had. I didn't even know it was an SS (i could just see the red badge) until he jumped on it.
What mods do you have?
Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gregsss
Worthless thread. I wouldn't be to happy if someone did that to my daughter, I would find u in my quicker car with her driving to do the same to u.
This "girl" was mid to late 20's. She's not a little girl, she's a full grown woman. Back off "daddy".
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parents consider their kids "kids" as long as they are younger than them.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkFox118
parents consider their kids "kids" as long as they are younger than them.
Sure as hell seems that way.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

well that must be whats up with the SS that was running 13.90s at englishtown tonight, talking **** about my car, then seeing how my "stock" 15 year old car was walking his ****...well basically just embarrassing himself with a pair of 14 second slips...it seems like everytime i go to the track even full exhaust/intake cars are running high 12s, is it this low octane map deal?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
well that must be whats up with the SS that was running 13.90s at englishtown tonight, talking **** about my car, then seeing how my "stock" 15 year old car was walking his ****...well basically just embarrassing himself with a pair of 14 second slips...it seems like everytime i go to the track even full exhaust/intake cars are running high 12s, is it this low octane map deal?
depends if it was an auto or a stick i know i really had to shift the **** out of it when i hit the high 12 in mine but its a street car and my DD. gotta remember too with irs if some one really doesnt know how to launch a stick car it bogs and when these heavy *** fifth gens bog on the launch you might as well forget about it. the guy could have been on the low octane table too what was the car trapping do you remember?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
What mods do you have?
I wish I could tell you for sure... My car has had multiple owners and the owner before me believed it was stocked except for the exhaust and the obvious dry shot NOS kit hooked up to the stock air lid. I believe the exhaust is SLP Loudmouth Cat-back. I'm not certain on it though. And I cut out the bellows in the lid. But to me, it seems to run better than a stock LS1 should. I'll have it dyno'ed soon and find out how much HP i'm laying down.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
depends if it was an auto or a stick i know i really had to shift the **** out of it when i hit the high 12 in mine but its a street car and my DD. gotta remember too with irs if some one really doesnt know how to launch a stick car it bogs and when these heavy *** fifth gens bog on the launch you might as well forget about it. the guy could have been on the low octane table too what was the car trapping do you remember?
I think it was trapping 110mph but don't quote me on that. I will say the 14 second runs I was two cars behind him he bogged the **** out of it because the nose fell and it looks like the motor was trying its best to grunt the car out instead of the driver using the clutch, if that makes any sense.

FWIW there was a new still temp plates 5.0 with a corsa running one good run 12.88s the rest he claimed he was suffering from wheel hop really even with a sra?

There was a 900ft DA last night, figured it was the one night all week that wasn't -1000ft because I was looking to hit under 12.50s @ 115mph

Last edited by disc0monkey; 10-27-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
I think it was trapping 110mph but don't quote me on that. I will say the 14 second runs I was two cars behind him he bogged the **** out of it because the nose fell and it looks like the motor was trying its best to grunt the car out instead of the driver using the clutch, if that makes any sense.
yea, damn noob stick drivers. ive found out that having a 6-speed is like a double edge sword, either works out awesome for you or kicks your teeth in. 110 is a little low but i think the low octane cars were only trapping 105-107, the worst 2SS ive seen (assuming he was on the low octane table) at the track was running mid to high 14's at 105 to 107 he was also bogging the **** out of his car.

i found with a slight amount of wheel spin the car launches a whole lot smoother. i was dropping the clutch from 3k spinning about 5-10 feet and the car would hook up decent. without the clutch slip or slight tire spin it would bog and fall on its face running like mid 13's.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

This "girl" was mid to late 20's. She's not a little girl, she's a full grown woman. Back off "daddy".
You can run who you want, but pick your runs or (your toying with people) wisely or find yourself picking on the wrong girl. Like to see if you would share your lost to a girl in her 5th gen. You sure are defensive at every one, I dont come on here talking big, I would give you a hard time in person if I could. Chill man
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

And that thumbs down is what it took for her to race me. You can have your own disillusioned opinion, it is a public forum after all. But please, try to keep it clean. Douche bag? Jackass? Grow up kid.

Trust me I am allot more grown then you, not to mention a better car
Just the fact that you think what you did is cool or ok shows your age! Giving a thumbs down, I dont even do that to mustang guys! Most of the time we pull over and talk... all respect! Something that you dont seem to understand, you sound like a dumb kid driving around in a stock camaro wanting to race everything on the block. Once you grow up a little you will understand!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Trust me I am allot more grown then you, not to mention a better car
Just the fact that you think what you did is cool or ok shows your age! Giving a thumbs down, I dont even do that to mustang guys! Most of the time we pull over and talk... all respect! Something that you dont seem to understand, you sound like a dumb kid driving around in a stock camaro wanting to race everything on the block. Once you grow up a little you will understand!
hey, im a kid w/ a stock camaro trying to race everyone.

but im not a douche, i just wait for others to start the race/ playing around.

thats profiling. not every young guy is a *** hat .... just sayin....
Old 10-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nick V.

true but when i was young in high school and had my Comp T/A i'm pretty sure we never went around picking on 6 banger's unless they were cocky little ****** and just needed to be curb stomped once or twice, then they realized that although our cars look similar from the outside there's no comparison performance wise.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nick V.

Thats cool, I dont think your a douche Wanting to race everyone is cool, giving people a thumbs down, like a young girl in v6 is not! The fact that he does not see whats wrong with that, pretty much sums it up! I love racing and I am always down for one, just do it with a little sence!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Regular

Thats cool, I dont think your a douche Wanting to race everyone is cool, giving people a thumbs down, like a young girl in v6 is not! The fact that he does not see whats wrong with that, pretty much sums it up! I love racing and I am always down for one, just do it with a little sence!
thank you, nobody is bashing on the op for racing. it is the lack of respect that upsets people, like myself. i have never acted this way trying to get somebody to race, and most people don't. however, we all have witnessed the way of the ricer and the o.p.'s actions fell in those boundaries. i personally feel like if it was an actual race it may have been close. the new v6 camaros are in fact quick cars compared to 90 percent of stuff on the road.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 PM
11 Second Club

2010 camaro was actually a sleeper that was a turbo SS with RS badges. She didn't want to waste her gas on the "15 year old V8" but he persisted. Finally after him trying to entice a race she decided to put him in his place on the third and fourth race by putting bus lengths on him. She then hits her brakes and the end of the race and the OP does a ricer flyby.

OP is a ricer /end of thread
Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
2010 camaro was actually a sleeper that was a turbo SS with RS badges. She didn't want to waste her gas on the "15 year old V8" but he persisted. Finally after him trying to entice a race she decided to put him in his place on the third and fourth race by putting bus lengths on him. She then hits her brakes and the end of the race and the OP does a ricer flyby.

OP is a ricer /end of thread
Wtf are you talking about...? She had a turbo RS? Uhh...no.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Sense* (not sence) That's not even a word.

Don't know how old you are, but you're on here all the time bashing me for what I did on my time, and you can't even spell? If you want to put me in my place or even insult me, at least make sure your spelling and grammar are correct, otherwise you make yourself out to look dumb.

You must be in your 30's if you think a girl in mid to late 20's is a young girl. I have told you 3 times now she was mid to late 20's. You can take a thumbs down how you want, but in my situation it was just the taunt she needed to do a quick run with me. End of story.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS