Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetC5
Trust me I am allot more grown then you, not to mention a better car
Just the fact that you think what you did is cool or ok shows your age! Giving a thumbs down, I dont even do that to mustang guys! Most of the time we pull over and talk... all respect! Something that you dont seem to understand, you sound like a dumb kid driving around in a stock camaro wanting to race everything on the block. Once you grow up a little you will understand!
You're more grown up than me, but you have to refer to name calling, douche bag and jack ***? Sounds like you haven't matured past high school to me, mentally anyways.

Better car...? That's a matter of opinion. I could go on to argue that your fat pig Camaro can't get out of its own weight. An LS1 with the same mods as you would smoke you, with less HP.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Sense* (not sence) That's not even a word.

Correcting some one when you don't even know what you are talking about is retarded.

Sense
[sens]   Origin
Digital Conference System
Professional conference system World Advanced Manufacturer !
www.taiden.com
Smell Problems?
Tell us your story for a research study at New York University
www.nyu.edu
Spoken English
English Courses on various levels Accomodation can be arranged
Ads
www.valuepointacademy.com
sense
   [sens] Show IPA noun, verb, sensed, sens·ing.
noun
any of the faculties, as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or touch, by which humans and animals perceive stimuli originating from outside or inside the body.
these faculties collectively.
their operation or function; sensation.
a feeling or perception produced through the organs of touch, taste, etc., or resulting from a particular condition of some part of the body: to have a sense of cold.
a faculty or function of the mind analogous to sensation: the moral sense.
EXPAND
Lost Direction in Life?
The Living Courageously spiritual growth program can help.
Ad
www.newchurch.org
verb (used with object)
to perceive (something) by the senses; become aware of.
to grasp the meaning of; understand.
(of certain mechanical devices) to detect physical phenomena, as light, temperature, radioactivity, etc., mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.
Computers. to read (punched holes, tape, data, etc.) mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.
Sense is one of our favorite verbs.
So is absquatulate. Does it mean:
to steal or take dishonestly (money, esp. public funds, or property entrusted to one's care); embezzle.
to flee; abscond:
LEARN MORE FUN, UNUSUAL VERBS WITH FLASHCARDS...
Free Downloadable Videos
You Must Own The Most Viewed End-Time Bible Prophecy Videos Now
Ad
www.WorldsLastChance.com
Idioms
come to one's senses, to regain one's good judgment or realistic point of view; become reasonable.
in a sense, according to one explanation or view; to a certain extent: In a sense it may have been the only possible solution.
make sense, to be reasonable or comprehensible: His attitude doesn't make sense.
Origin: 1350–1400; (noun) Middle English < Latin sēnsus sensation, feeling, understanding, equivalent to sent(īre) to feel + -tus suffix of v. action, with tt > s; (v.) derivative of the noun
Related forms
half-sensed, adjective
un·sensed, adjective
un·sens·ing, adjective
Can be confused: cents, scents, sense (see synonym note at the current entry).
Synonyms 4. Sense, sensation refer to consciousness of stimulus or of a perception as pleasant or unpleasant. A sense is an awareness or recognition of something; the stimulus may be subjective and the entire process may be mental or intellectual: a sense of failure. A sensation is an impression derived from an objective (external) stimulus through any of the sense organs: a sensation of heat. It is also a general, indefinite physical or emotional feeling: a sensation of weariness. 5. awareness, apprehension. 7. rationality. 9. estimation, appreciation. 13. signification, import, denotation, connotation, interpretation. See meaning. 16. feeling, sentiment. 19. discern, appreciate, recognize.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source
|
Link To Sense
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : Sense
feel, signified, sensation, sensory faculty, sentience
View more related words »
Collins
World English Dictionary
sense (sɛns) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
—n
1. any of the faculties by which the mind receives information about the external world or about the state of the body. In addition to the five traditional faculties of sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell, the term includes the means by which bodily position, temperature, pain, balance, etc, are perceived
2. such faculties collectively; the ability to perceive
3. a feeling perceived through one of the senses: a sense of warmth
4. a mental perception or awareness: a sense of happiness
5. moral discernment; understanding: a sense of right and wrong
6. (sometimes plural) sound practical judgment or intelligence: he is a man without any sense
7. reason or purpose: what is the sense of going out in the rain?
8. substance or gist; meaning: what is the sense of this proverb?
9. specific meaning; definition: in what sense are you using the word?
10. an opinion or consensus
11. maths one of two opposite directions measured on a directed line; the sign as contrasted with the magnitude of a vector
12. logic, linguistics
a. the import of an expression as contrasted with its referent. Thus the morning star and the evening star have the same reference, Venus, but different senses
b. the property of an expression by virtue of which its referent is determined
c. that which one grasps in understanding an expression
13. make sense to be reasonable or understandable
14. take leave of one's senses See leave
—vb
15. to perceive through one or more of the senses
16. to apprehend or detect without or in advance of the evidence of the senses
17. to understand
18. computing
a. to test or locate the position of (a part of computer hardware)
b. to read (data)
Old 10-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Correcting some one when you don't even know what you are talking about is retarded.

Sense
[sens]   Origin
Digital Conference System
Professional conference system World Advanced Manufacturer !
www.taiden.com
Smell Problems?
Tell us your story for a research study at New York University
www.nyu.edu
Spoken English
English Courses on various levels Accomodation can be arranged
Ads
www.valuepointacademy.com
sense
   [sens] Show IPA noun, verb, sensed, sens·ing.
noun
any of the faculties, as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or touch, by which humans and animals perceive stimuli originating from outside or inside the body.
these faculties collectively.
their operation or function; sensation.
a feeling or perception produced through the organs of touch, taste, etc., or resulting from a particular condition of some part of the body: to have a sense of cold.
a faculty or function of the mind analogous to sensation: the moral sense.
EXPAND
Lost Direction in Life?
The Living Courageously spiritual growth program can help.
Ad
www.newchurch.org
verb (used with object)
to perceive (something) by the senses; become aware of.
to grasp the meaning of; understand.
(of certain mechanical devices) to detect physical phenomena, as light, temperature, radioactivity, etc., mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.
Computers. to read (punched holes, tape, data, etc.) mechanically, electrically, or photoelectrically.
Sense is one of our favorite verbs.
So is absquatulate. Does it mean:
to steal or take dishonestly (money, esp. public funds, or property entrusted to one's care); embezzle.
to flee; abscond:
LEARN MORE FUN, UNUSUAL VERBS WITH FLASHCARDS...
Free Downloadable Videos
You Must Own The Most Viewed End-Time Bible Prophecy Videos Now
Ad
www.WorldsLastChance.com
Idioms
come to one's senses, to regain one's good judgment or realistic point of view; become reasonable.
in a sense, according to one explanation or view; to a certain extent: In a sense it may have been the only possible solution.
make sense, to be reasonable or comprehensible: His attitude doesn't make sense.
Origin: 1350–1400; (noun) Middle English < Latin sēnsus sensation, feeling, understanding, equivalent to sent(īre) to feel + -tus suffix of v. action, with tt > s; (v.) derivative of the noun
Related forms
half-sensed, adjective
un·sensed, adjective
un·sens·ing, adjective
Can be confused: cents, scents, sense (see synonym note at the current entry).
Synonyms 4. Sense, sensation refer to consciousness of stimulus or of a perception as pleasant or unpleasant. A sense is an awareness or recognition of something; the stimulus may be subjective and the entire process may be mental or intellectual: a sense of failure. A sensation is an impression derived from an objective (external) stimulus through any of the sense organs: a sensation of heat. It is also a general, indefinite physical or emotional feeling: a sensation of weariness. 5. awareness, apprehension. 7. rationality. 9. estimation, appreciation. 13. signification, import, denotation, connotation, interpretation. See meaning. 16. feeling, sentiment. 19. discern, appreciate, recognize.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2011.
Cite This Source
|
Link To Sense
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : Sense
feel, signified, sensation, sensory faculty, sentience
View more related words »
Collins
World English Dictionary
sense (sɛns) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
—n
1. any of the faculties by which the mind receives information about the external world or about the state of the body. In addition to the five traditional faculties of sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell, the term includes the means by which bodily position, temperature, pain, balance, etc, are perceived
2. such faculties collectively; the ability to perceive
3. a feeling perceived through one of the senses: a sense of warmth
4. a mental perception or awareness: a sense of happiness
5. moral discernment; understanding: a sense of right and wrong
6. (sometimes plural) sound practical judgment or intelligence: he is a man without any sense
7. reason or purpose: what is the sense of going out in the rain?
8. substance or gist; meaning: what is the sense of this proverb?
9. specific meaning; definition: in what sense are you using the word?
10. an opinion or consensus
11. maths one of two opposite directions measured on a directed line; the sign as contrasted with the magnitude of a vector
12. logic, linguistics
a. the import of an expression as contrasted with its referent. Thus the morning star and the evening star have the same reference, Venus, but different senses
b. the property of an expression by virtue of which its referent is determined
c. that which one grasps in understanding an expression
13. make sense to be reasonable or understandable
14. take leave of one's senses See leave
—vb
15. to perceive through one or more of the senses
16. to apprehend or detect without or in advance of the evidence of the senses
17. to understand
18. computing
a. to test or locate the position of (a part of computer hardware)
b. to read (data)
All of that and his word sence is where?

He should have used the word sense, end of story.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

All of that and his word sence is where?

He should have used the word sense, end of story.
HAHA..Read yours wrong..but here you go..
1. sence 232 up, 69 down

1. This is how idiots spell sense, since they have no sense, they can't ******* spell it.

2. This misspelled word is also a form of since according to some idiot - English translations.
<insert any MMORPG here> chat:
Idiot: That doesn't make sence!
Me: YOU don't make sense! "SENCE" IS NOT A ******* WORD, MORON! Sorry... IDIOT! Wait, no... too subtle... how 'bout, nub to life!?
buy sence mugs & shirts
sence sense since idiocy druidsteve
by Sledgefists Feb 24, 2008 share this add a video
2. sence 16 up, 12 down

Shortened form of Sensimilla (Marajuana), a bastardization of the Spanish phrase "sin semillla" - Without seeds.
"Don't smoke buddah. Can't stand sence" (from the 1988 Rob Base song "It Takes Two")
buy sence mugs & shirts
sence weed smoke cannabis sensimilla pot thc
by FANCY PANTS NYC Nov 15, 2010 share this add a video
3. sence 25 up, 67 down

When you ram something very large up your bosses backside for continually picking you up on your spelling.
I senced the mother f*cker or I took the fire extinguisher and senced him. Alex I'm gonna sence you with your books.
buy sence mugs & shirts
spelling sense idiot boss bottom
by PaulTheSpellingKing Feb 9, 2007 share this add a video
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

HAHA..Read yours wrong..but here you go..
1. sence 232 up, 69 down

1. This is how idiots spell sense, since they have no sense, they can't ******* spell it.

2. This misspelled word is also a form of since according to some idiot - English translations.
<insert any MMORPG here> chat:
Idiot: That doesn't make sence!
Me: YOU don't make sense! "SENCE" IS NOT A ******* WORD, MORON! Sorry... IDIOT! Wait, no... too subtle... how 'bout, nub to life!?
buy sence mugs & shirts
sence sense since idiocy druidsteve
by Sledgefists Feb 24, 2008 share this add a video
2. sence 16 up, 12 down

Shortened form of Sensimilla (Marajuana), a bastardization of the Spanish phrase "sin semillla" - Without seeds.
"Don't smoke buddah. Can't stand sence" (from the 1988 Rob Base song "It Takes Two")
buy sence mugs & shirts
sence weed smoke cannabis sensimilla pot thc
by FANCY PANTS NYC Nov 15, 2010 share this add a video
3. sence 25 up, 67 down

When you ram something very large up your bosses backside for continually picking you up on your spelling.
I senced the mother f*cker or I took the fire extinguisher and senced him. Alex I'm gonna sence you with your books.
buy sence mugs & shirts
spelling sense idiot boss bottom
by PaulTheSpellingKing Feb 9, 2007 share this add a video
So now you're on my side...? I don't get you.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

So now you're on my side...? I don't get you.
I read your **** wrong like said. Thought you one who used sence.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned

I read your **** wrong like said. Thought you one who used sence.
Lol, good.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

I think the op wasn't taking anything as serious as you 'grown ups' it seemed to me he was just goofing around with her almost like saying boo come on let's run. Saying oh your older so ur better than this guy is bullshit. Especially sweetc5 saying u drive a better car than him is a matter of opinion. Shows how mature you are.

Plenty of people can call you(sweetc5) a douche after saying your down to race on the street endangering people's lives. So where is the line for your douche definition? Are you a douche for using Public roads for a race track or are you using what you call respect making it ok?

Last edited by disc0monkey; 10-28-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
I think the op wasn't taking anything as serious as you 'grown ups' it seemed to me he was just goofing around with her almost like saying boo come on let's run. Saying oh your older so ur better than this guy is bullshit. Especially sweetc5 saying u drive a better car than him is a matter of opinion. Shows how mature you are.

Plenty of people can call you(sweetc5) a douche after saying your down to race on the street endangering people's lives. So where is the line for your douche definition? Are you a douche for using Public roads for a race track or are you using what you call respect making it ok?
so if you are driving down the interstate at normal cruising speed and somebody starts messing with you (slowing down, then flooring it to pass you, egging you to race, giving you thumbs down, etc) and this person happens to post it on a forum which you frequent (for example's sake). and you read about he o.p. calling your car "slow pos" and you the driver "pathetic for thinking it's fast" what would your reaction be? It is completely subjective, but I feel i'm not alone finding most of it disrespectful.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by why87
so if you are driving down the interstate at normal cruising speed and somebody starts messing with you (slowing down, then flooring it to pass you, egging you to race, giving you thumbs down, etc) and this person happens to post it on a forum which you frequent (for example's sake). and you read about he o.p. calling your car "slow pos" and you the driver "pathetic for thinking it's fast" what would your reaction be? It is completely subjective, but I feel i'm not alone finding most of it disrespectful.
I said the other Camaro was a "slow pos"? Please show me where.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

You're more grown up than me, but you have to refer to name calling, douche bag and jack ***? Sounds like you haven't matured past high school to me, mentally anyways.

Better car...? That's a matter of opinion. I could go on to argue that your fat pig Camaro can't get out of its own weight. An LS1 with the same mods as you would smoke you, with less HP.
Its not opinion its fact, and any time you want to put headers on your car and run I am all for it. You would still get spanked!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Its not opinion its fact, and any time you want to put headers on your car and run I am all for it. You would still get spanked!
I would agree with you that the 5th gen camaro is a nicer car all around then a 4th gen. Even both being new.

And you can't beat a bolt on Fbody they all go low 11's and 10's.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Banned

Pretty sure plenty of LS1 F-body's with headers and intake, same mods as you, will easily beat your 12.6.

The F-body's are more geared for straight line performance, since they are far lighter. Your car is more of a DD with a bit power, takes a lot more poewr to move all that weight though.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

the f-bods are lighter because they are more cheaply built. sure they are a performance car, but its also because GM was too cheap to equip them with nice feaures like the new camaros. saying the new camaro is just a nice DD because it's heavier is dumb. is it a nice DD? hell yes. is it aimed at performance? yes.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pretty sure plenty of LS1 F-body's with headers and intake, same mods as you, will easily beat your 12.6.

The F-body's are more geared for straight line performance, since they are far lighter. Your car is more of a DD with a bit power, takes a lot more poewr to move all that weight though.
Are you seriously suggesting an Fbody w/ equal mods will beat a C5?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

the f-bods are lighter because they are more cheaply built. sure they are a performance car, but its also because GM was too cheap to equip them with nice feaures like the new camaros. saying the new camaro is just a nice DD because it's heavier is dumb. is it a nice DD? hell yes. is it aimed at performance? yes.
the 5th gen is still cheaply built thats why its fat. you can equip a car with nice features and still keep them light, but you can't be cheap. you must use better materials and more R&D hrs into the chassis. In engineering schools freshman can make a strong structure, it takes the best engineers many hours to make them strong and light.

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Are you seriously suggesting an Fbody w/ equal mods will beat a C5?
He has a 5th gen camaro
Old 11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

That's why a '11 WRX wagon is a bangin daily driver, they are light, have good potential for power, but for some shitty reason they don't get good mpgs, it seems their engine developement sucks, its gonna be '12 soon and no direct injection WTF. that is why i didn't end up buying one.

I like the 5th gen, just don't know why all this is turning into another SS 5th gen discussion

Last edited by disc0monkey; 11-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
the 5th gen is still cheaply built thats why its fat. you can equip a car with nice features and still keep them light, but you can't be cheap. you must use better materials and more R&D hrs into the chassis. In engineering schools freshman can make a strong structure, it takes the best engineers many hours to make them strong and light.
very true, but in comparison to a 4th gen, saying a 5th gen is cheaply built is laughable.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

very true, but in comparison to a 4th gen, saying a 5th gen is cheaply built is laughable.
yeah they did that at the cost of perfomance. it depends what you want out of it. if the car weighed 3500lbs i would 100% agree with you. I am pissed the plastic just cracks and falls apart on the 4th gen but the car weighes a lot less.

In any hatchback it is difficult to keep the rattles down. the biggest fault in the 4th gen is that there isn't a proper trunk. Some stupid stuff like adding a real wheel well in the rear quarters, dash boards and door panels that dont crack, etc. The cars are just old now and will need to start being restored these interiors have been around since '94 right?
Old 11-01-2011, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

fwiw my car doors have padding and vinyl from the CTS, the headliner from the new camaro, and insulation on the panels. My car is quieter than before.

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro Z28 vs 2010 Camaro RS