Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 Vs 04 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
And funny you say hers can but now yours can't. And how you know she can beat me. You have no idea what I will run on the blower or what her car runs. Sounds like you just like writing checks your POS can't cash.
Lol, you are such a predictable jackass. When did I bring my car up here? When did I say my car couldn't beat your ugly as sin shitbox?

The Camaro that you are talking about, remember the one you told to get a mustang because it was slow, makes over 600 tire horse power and would embarrass you right now and still run you with a blower. A stall and tune 5.0 wouldn't even be a race and you said it would be faster. Your head is so far up ford's *** you can taste their lunch.

Get rid that camaro in your sig and get the 5.0. Stall and tune it will be perfect. Either way it is faster then a camaro..LOL
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178601

Last edited by Dark SS; 10-26-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

04 GTO's are the red headed step child of LS1's, they are absolute turds without a decent amount of mods.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
04 GTO's are the red headed step child of LS1's, they are absolute turds without a decent amount of mods.
I agree...there is ALOT wrong with an ls1 goat...especially considering they are boats on wheels...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Will the 5th gen be the red headed step child of Camaros?
Old 10-27-2011, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Lol, you are such a predictable jackass. When did I bring my car up here? When did I say my car couldn't beat your ugly as sin shitbox?

The Camaro that you are talking about, remember the one you told to get a mustang because it was slow, makes over 600 tire horse power and would embarrass you right now and still run you with a blower. A stall and tune 5.0 wouldn't even be a race and you said it would be faster. Your head is so far up ford's *** you can taste their lunch.

600whp that it. It will still lose. They are have been proven ro run what mid 11's with that power. 5th gen camaro's are a joke just like you. And you should do research I know least 3 big stall tune 5.0's going low 11's. Hell on guy just took a manual to low 11's. With simple mods no headers or anything. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...filter-181340/

As mentioned so how much we putting on our run? Don't tell me you are scarred now. Invite her camaro also so I can spank you both.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Dyno numbers are strong but is it fast?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
Dyno numbers are strong but is it fast?
Just look at what 600whp Camaro's are running. That answers your question. TO many blown 5th gens run mid 11's and low 12's.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No just good decent DA and track prep. Seen few go 110-112 bone stock here. Manuals seem to be 2-3 mph more from what i have seen in person.

with the 5000 above sea level I believe it.

What crazy is my buddies car has out trapped me every time. We can run the same ET but he is always has a 1-2mph trap better. We have the same trim, same mods and same tune. Only diff is gears. But even when we both had 3.73's he trapped least 1-2 mph more. Now I have 4.10's he has 3.90's. Same track same lane one right after the other.
When I said 5ft I really meant 5ft lool I live in south fl and the track is at sea level haha. With that said I still have yet to see one trap 112 most are around 110 with the autos around 108ish.... Still saying the traps for the 5.0 are about right for the da (108ish at sea level with an auto) and the traps for the gto are way low.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
Will the 5th gen be the red headed step child of Camaros?
Why would they? They quicker then bone stock 98-02s with better potential for power due to the ls3(for 6 speeds).

LS1 Goats was like hey, lets throw a same motor that we put in a 3400lb camaro into a 3900lb gto with IRS and the ability to fit no tire under the rear.

Id say the exact same for first gen cts-vs but at least they used the LS6 instead of the ls1.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 PM
***Repost Police***

GTO wasn't 3,900lbs.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

600whp that it. It will still lose. They are have been proven ro run what mid 11's with that power. 5th gen camaro's are a joke just like you. And you should do research I know least 3 big stall tune 5.0's going low 11's. Hell on guy just took a manual to low 11's. With simple mods no headers or anything. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...filter-181340/

As mentioned so how much we putting on our run? Don't tell me you are scarred now. Invite her camaro also so I can spank you both.
We can run for whatever you want. It's worth it to me just to post the vid and watch you back track like the moron you are.

Whipple and stalled 5th gens with out a cam are capable and have ran mid-high 10's. The auto's are faster because they can get out of the hole and hold the car in power band better than a manual. The 5th gen is a heavy car and most run dog **** times because they are dyno queens and these guys are taking 800 whp cars to the track on 22" street tires. I'm not defending the 5th gen, in fact I'm most likely getting rid of my car and getting a Vette. The 5.0 is over rated and runs similar times to a 5th gen. The difference is the 5.0 has more enthusiasts doing it. There's 2 stock bottom end cars in the 9's and a handful of bolt-on cars in the 11's. This idiot thinks the 5.0 is god's gift to man and has to post in every thread on an LS site about how great his ugly piece of **** is. His car is quick and there's no doubt he has smacked a lot of 5th gens but the flip side to that is I have NEVER witnessed a 5.0 run any faster than a 12.7 and I have destroyed every one I have come across off the bottle.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

We can run for whatever you want. It's worth it to me just to post the vid and watch you back track like the moron you are.

Whipple and stalled 5th gens with out a cam are capable and have ran mid-high 10's. The auto's are faster because they can get out of the hole and hold the car in power band better than a manual. The 5th gen is a heavy car and most run dog **** times because they are dyno queens and these guys are taking 800 whp cars to the track on 22" street tires. I'm not defending the 5th gen, in fact I'm most likely getting rid of my car and getting a Vette. The 5.0 is over rated and runs similar times to a 5th gen. The difference is the 5.0 has more enthusiasts doing it. There's 2 stock bottom end cars in the 9's and a handful of bolt-on cars in the 11's. This idiot thinks the 5.0 is god's gift to man and has to post in every thread on an LS site about how great his ugly piece of **** is. His car is quick and there's no doubt he has smacked a lot of 5th gens but the flip side to that is I have NEVER witnessed a 5.0 run any faster than a 12.7 and I have destroyed every one I have come across off the bottle.
You might want to go check your times for both cars. And all them 800whp cars are not running 22" rims. SC 5.0's have been out running 5th gen SC ones since they have started. There has been bolt on 5.0's go 10's. And yes a lot all over the 11's range.

Hell buy a vette it be more fun as you would stand a lot more of a chance with some mods on it. I already have a few races lined up with some that will get video's of. Ones that might just beat me. A few that just think they can or want to run for the hell of it. Plus I agreed to run one that I know will beat me. WHich the two I know that will beat me or least 1 I know will is a TT Z06. The other Z06 makes right at 640whp N/A.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Banned

What is done to the n/a z?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
What is done to the n/a z?
Better question is what isn't...LOL

I know he has h/c/i full bolt ons. The thing sounds crazy just idling. Almost like wants to die. Some one else said he it is actually a LSX 454. I seen him run one pass at the track. Let out at the right before 1000' and still ran a mid 10@12X.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

His car is quick and there's no doubt he has smacked a lot of 5th gens but the flip side to that is I have NEVER witnessed a 5.0 run any faster than a 12.7 and I have destroyed every one I have come across off the bottle.

LoL, so that right there proves that the new 5.0 is over rated.

You guys should see what Ohio posts on the Mustang boards...he does the same thing to the Mustang owners about the LSx as what he does to y'all about the 5.0...he is absolutely jerking y'all's chain
Old 10-28-2011, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, so that right there proves that the new 5.0 is over rated.

You guys should see what Ohio posts on the Mustang boards...he does the same thing to the Mustang owners about the LSx as what he does to y'all about the 5.0...he is absolutely jerking y'all's chain
I just tell truth. Guys saying Z06's cant run low 11's and **** is just stupid. Just read a thread where a guy was saying that Z06's are high 11 sec cars at best. I mean really. What funner is a guy on mustangevolution saying his 2010 GT was faster then 2010 SS's but not faster then the 2011 SS's. As they had way more power. His 2010 GT was bone stock. LOL I had to bust him out. It had to be done.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Oh and nothing can beat the 5.0. EVER!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Teching In

I seen one of these whipple charged ls3s it made high 500s and 03turbomach pulled on it with 430 rwhp poopy mach 1! I want in on this bet! money on ohio!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
I seen one of these whipple charged ls3s it made high 500s and 03turbomach pulled on it with 430 rwhp poopy mach 1! I want in on this bet! money on ohio!
I'm sure it was one of these typical new Camaro drivers. Any way you cut it a 580ish rwhp car should rape a 430 rwhp car. That's obvious. I'm sure it's the same with all these slow 5.0's I see. The real difference is once you start getting over 450 rwhp the Camaro rear end and suspension can't handle it where the 5.0 can. Built they are pretty damn close, there is just more racers with the 5.0

I have said it a million times that the Camaro is heavy and is hard get to run fast. I'm not one of these blind Camaro humpers on Camaro5. I'm just sick of hearing the broken record that is ohio. I mean ****, I even hate that state.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

I'm sure it was one of these typical new Camaro drivers. Any way you cut it a 580ish rwhp car should rape a 430 rwhp car. That's obvious. I'm sure it's the same with all these slow 5.0's I see. The real difference is once you start getting over 450 rwhp the Camaro rear end and suspension can't handle it where the 5.0 can. Built they are pretty damn close, there is just more racers with the 5.0

I have said it a million times that the Camaro is heavy and is hard get to run fast. I'm not one of these blind Camaro humpers on Camaro5. I'm just sick of hearing the broken record that is ohio. I mean ****, I even hate that state.
Not always true

Quick Reply: 5.0 Vs 04 GTO