Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
No

1. His car is alot lighter then the car in the vid
2. that car is on a base tune afr and timing is probably extremly mild
i think ur talking about ohio when i was talking about the c5z vs that 5.0 in the rematch

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Lemme get this straight... The Mustang here gains 100rwhp and the C5 does the same... This automatically means the Z will turn the tables and outrun the car that already beat it? Torque matters here too, so he who spins least will probably win and if neither spins, the one with more power is the likely winner. The Mustang clearly had more power in the video'd run above.
The vette is adding a 150shot not 100shot hes going to make more than 100whp from that. So the hp difference will be less so the vette will win imo
Old 10-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Your remark seemed pretty generalized to me. Not one of my three cars are stuck in the 13's, trust me. Don't start making internet presumptions.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Your remark seemed pretty generalized to me. Not one of my three cars are stuck in the 13's, trust me. Don't start making internet presumptions.
If you had a clue what's going on, you probably still wouldn't be dangerous...

If you SHUT DOWN an 11 second car at the 1/8th mile, you're NOT going to run 11's... period... You'd basically need a 9 second car to do that, which you haven't got. Far as I can tell, you don't even have a 10 second car, but I don't care either way. Until you actually shut down at the 1/8th and coast through the traps, don't start making presumptions on what your car would run. I have done this and seen varying results in the past, even running 11's... I did it with a car that ran 10.40's on a normal full pass, but when I used my car that ran 11.20's normally, I was coasting in 2 seconds late. Surely, when I actually shut down, I was beyond the 1/8th by a good bit. Point is, saying you'd run 11's shutting down that early is possibly a bit more of a stretch than you think it is.

Thinking my comment was generalized is fine, as it was... However, if you don't post like you have a 7th grade education, why be offended that anyone mentions those who do???????? After awhile you may start to think, "Hmmmm.... Maybe it's me!"
Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
The vette is adding a 150shot not 100shot hes going to make more than 100whp from that. So the hp difference will be less so the vette will win imo
This does change things, but it will probably still be close because I'd think the bigger boost will help torque a bunch. Not for nuthin' ... it looked like the Mustang ran quite strong already. A 100hp gain for the Corvette would do the trick, were there no more ponies to push the Mustang. 150 will make this close.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

i think ur talking about ohio when i was talking about the c5z vs that 5.0 in the rematch

Oh ok well bench racing is fun
Old 10-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Launching!

If you had a clue what's going on, you probably still wouldn't be dangerous...

If you SHUT DOWN an 11 second car at the 1/8th mile, you're NOT going to run 11's... period... You'd basically need a 9 second car to do that, which you haven't got. Far as I can tell, you don't even have a 10 second car, but I don't care either way. Until you actually shut down at the 1/8th and coast through the traps, don't start making presumptions on what your car would run. I have done this and seen varying results in the past, even running 11's... I did it with a car that ran 10.40's on a normal full pass, but when I used my car that ran 11.20's normally, I was coasting in 2 seconds late. Surely, when I actually shut down, I was beyond the 1/8th by a good bit. Point is, saying you'd run 11's shutting down that early is possibly a bit more of a stretch than you think it is.

Thinking my comment was generalized is fine, as it was... However, if you don't post like you have a 7th grade education, why be offended that anyone mentions those who do???????? After awhile you may start to think, "Hmmmm.... Maybe it's me!"
Just stop man your humilating yourself. Your talking to a seasoned bracket racer with with a 9 second first gen big block car but I shouldn't have to say that. You shouldn't be making presumptions about something you have no clue of.

Edit: If you have any questions about my setup don't be shy to ask.

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 10-30-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

What is it?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by automach1
What is it?
Yeah, we all want to know about this awesomeness
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Who said it was awesome? Who wants to hear about a mullet mobile? ^^

I wasn't being arrogant, although a 140+ trap car is nothing to sneeze at. It's a 68' camaro, 478bbc,1.76 powerglide,4.30 gears in a moser 12 bolt with a spool,33" goodyears....etc

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 10-30-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Just stop man your humilating yourself. Your talking to a seasoned bracket racer with with a 9 second first gen big block car but I shouldn't have to say that. You shouldn't be making presumptions about something you have no clue of.

Edit: If you have any questions about my setup don't be shy to ask.
Okay then... Go DO IT rather than telling everyone that you can, but never have.

Not that I care, but your trailer queen should hardly be considered against a daily driver in any type of contest... That would be like him saying his car could whip your 1st gen on a 2 mile technical road course... Surely it would with ease, but nobody with a clue gives a damn. Talk about humiliating ones self... You're the one bragging about a drag car as if it's special because you can outrun a DD with it... Congratulations! You da man...

Seriously though... Take your quickest car, run the 1/4 shutting down as close to the 1/8th as you can, and see what happens. It won't matter to anyone else, but maybe even a seasoned siss...er bracket racer could learn something... A longtime friend of mine is a great bracket racer, but to me that's not real racing because your only true opponent is the clock.

Edit: My 7th grade education could shut my car off at the 1/8 mile and coast to a faster time than ohio's stang.
Who said it was awesome?

I wasn't being arrogant, although a 140+ trap car is nothing to sneeze at. It's a 68' camaro, 478bbc,1.76 powerglide,4.30 gears in a moser 12 bolt with a spool,33" goodyears....etc
Nooooo.... That wasn't arrogant...
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Launching!

1.Who never has?

2.Your the one presuming I don't have a car out of the 13's.

3.I never asked you if you gave a damn.

4. See any of ohio's posts for bragging.

5. I never bragged about my car being speacial.

6. Do you have anything to beat my sissy sport car?

7. What does your long time friend that "sissy" races have to do with anything?

8.Arrogant about my car destroying ohio's lsx reaper, yes. Arrogant about my car being awesome, speacial, or fast, no.

You and those presumptions..

Oo yea and just for the record, don't you have a 2011 5.0?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

so, 5th gens suck. 5.0's are the best. Vettes are garbage. Itllrun assumes a lot.

this thread is covering a lot of ground. keep it up
Old 10-30-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

This does change things, but it will probably still be close because I'd think the bigger boost will help torque a bunch. Not for nuthin' ... it looked like the Mustang ran quite strong already. A 100hp gain for the Corvette would do the trick, were there no more ponies to push the Mustang. 150 will make this close.
the corvette will prolly be adding more tq, LSx motors get a ton of tq from spray
Old 10-30-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

1.Who never has?
Who never has what, and what's that got to do with anything here?

2.Your the one presuming I don't have a car out of the 13's.
Totally incorrect. I didn't say anything even sort of like you don't have a car out of the 13's... Go back and read it again if you need to, and you'll see I never even hinted such a thing. I don't know you or what you drive... and I don't care.

3.I never asked you if you gave a damn.
Nobody really gives a damn what you asked. You're NOT important here.

4. See any of ohio's posts for bragging.
Don't need to, because he's not the one claiming no arrogance, you are.

5. I never bragged about my car being speacial.
Oh... so? I didn't mention your car being special. I mentioned you bragging about it as if it really is.

6. Do you have anything to beat my sissy sport car?
Definitely, but this isn't about me or what I have... It's about you, apparently. I have a lack of care for this nonsense in general for what I can only describe as obvious reasons... We're not likely ever going to race. I don't come here and talk up my ride, ever. I know what I have and you'll probably never see it in person... I know this and therefore, it's unimportant.

7. What does your long time friend that "sissy" races have to do with anything?
The point was simple, but not for you... Racing the clock INSTEAD of the competition isn't the same. However, I was merely adding that I don't really care who does it heads up vs against themselves.

8.Arrogant about my car destroying ohio's lsx reaper, yes. Arrogant about my car being awesome, speacial, or fast, no.
You're not likely to ever meet him, let alone race him... or me for that matter. It doesn't matter.

You and those presumptions..
You've fabricated my presumptions as opposed to getting them from me.

Oo yea and just for the record, don't you have a 2011 5.0?
I certianly do not.

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
so, 5th gens suck. 5.0's are the best. Vettes are garbage. Itllrun assumes a lot.

this thread is covering a lot of ground. keep it up
Why should we? You haven't been able to keep up yet... I didn't even MENTION the 5th gen here... Nor did I make any claim REMOTELY stating that my favorite American automobile is garbage... Nothing I said came close to saying 5.0's are the best either.

The only one assuming anything here is you... Go read the thread next time BEFORE you spout stupidity. It just may lead to you not saying anything atoll.

Run along, newbie.

the corvette will prolly be adding more tq, LSx motors get a ton of tq from spray
No question about that... Just not so sure the juice will bring the torque up like big boost unless it's a really big shot. Either way, the length of the race matters most anyway... Long straightaways ONLY favor the Corvette.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

WOW this thread got all crazy..HAHA
Old 10-31-2011, 07:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 38394Z28
5th gens suck. 5.0's are the best. Vettes are garbage.

This has potential
Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Who never has what, and what's that got to do with anything here?

Totally incorrect. I didn't say anything even sort of like you don't have a car out of the 13's... Go back and read it again if you need to, and you'll see I never even hinted such a thing. I don't know you or what you drive... and I don't care.

Nobody really gives a damn what you asked. You're NOT important here.

Don't need to, because he's not the one claiming no arrogance, you are.

Oh... so? I didn't mention your car being special. I mentioned you bragging about it as if it really is.

Definitely, but this isn't about me or what I have... It's about you, apparently. I have a lack of care for this nonsense in general for what I can only describe as obvious reasons... We're not likely ever going to race. I don't come here and talk up my ride, ever. I know what I have and you'll probably never see it in person... I know this and therefore, it's unimportant.

The point was simple, but not for you... Racing the clock INSTEAD of the competition isn't the same. However, I was merely adding that I don't really care who does it heads up vs against themselves.

You're not likely to ever meet him, let alone race him... or me for that matter. It doesn't matter.

You've fabricated my presumptions as opposed to getting them from me.

I certianly do not.

Why should we? You haven't been able to keep up yet... I didn't even MENTION the 5th gen here... Nor did I make any claim REMOTELY stating that my favorite American automobile is garbage... Nothing I said came close to saying 5.0's are the best either.

The only one assuming anything here is you... Go read the thread next time BEFORE you spout stupidity. It just may lead to you not saying anything atoll.

Run along, newbie.

No question about that... Just not so sure the juice will bring the torque up like big boost unless it's a really big shot. Either way, the length of the race matters most anyway... Long straightaways ONLY favor the Corvette.
I know your slow, but try to stay with me please.

1.You presumed I never made a 9 second pass.

2.So you didn't say from the looks of it my car isn't out of the 13's? (Which is a presumption by the way)

3.You sure do think I'm important, you keep coming back for more. lol

4.I made it clear where I claim and don't claim arrogance.

5. Like I said before, I never once mentioned anything close about it being special.

6.You got me on this one, your right. I don't care what you have.

7.I'm glad that your not part of the sport, I guess alot of people are "sissy" with their silly race cars.

8. That's fine with me, it's not the point in my posts.

9. <--( Can you count this high?) I wouldn't waist my c-16 on you anyways.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Oh and nothing can beat the 5.0. EVER!
I have an area 51 LS1 in my ****. Lucky your not closer. (plutonium is expensive) I'd spank that pos of yours!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
I have an area 51 LS1 in my ****. Lucky your not closer. (plutonium is expensive) I'd spank that pos of yours!
Hopefully not talking that car in your sig. Cause my jet powered Coyote would eat it.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can beleave this for u guys that think the new 5.0 are slow no way the exact same thing happen to my buddys gto and 6.0 but he put about 3 cars on him and they both can drive ill try to get a video up later

Quick Reply: 5.0 Vs 04 GTO