Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Winter BS Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a good setup sleeper sound until you open the cutout.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
So anyways, you sound like a shitty driver. 2.5 60' on $90 tires? I had $75 tires and cut a 2.0 60' on my 12.6 run, with a best of 1.90 on a different run, so don't complain about tires being the problem. Or heat for that matter, my run was in 2000 DA. What more excuses since you seem to like them? My stock clutch was **** and the stock master cylinder was all but dead and I had to pick the clutch up from the floor between each shift. That was also on 1 of my 2 passes I got that night so don't say I got to the track a lot. I can't think of any other excuses, maybe you can help me find some?
As I said, that was my first time EVER at the track with that car, and I ROLLED into it, that means I literally just roasted the clutch so I didn't light the tires up. In all honesty at that time the car did have 12's in it, my 60's went from 2.5 to 2.0 but my Et's stayed the same because passing the 1/8th mile mark I just had no top end for some reason. Why87 has seen my car and driven it, If I were to guess were it would be right now with no tune and shot O2's it would be near 12.8-12.9 at worst, and that is a very accurate statement.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrdOPry
As I said, that was my first time EVER at the track with that car, and I ROLLED into it, that means I literally just roasted the clutch so I didn't light the tires up. In all honesty at that time the car did have 12's in it, my 60's went from 2.5 to 2.0 but my Et's stayed the same because passing the 1/8th mile mark I just had no top end for some reason. Why87 has seen my car and driven it, If I were to guess were it would be right now with no tune and shot O2's it would be near 12.8-12.9 at worst, and that is a very accurate statement.
Quit making excuses, we all have reasons to why our car only ran what it did at any given time. That is what keeps us going back. Fact is you made a stupid comment say a geared bolt on Mach 1 can't run with a LS1 with bolt ons. Then what made it even worse is you ran 13.2 at the track. Talk **** to me when you get atleast into the 12's! BTW here is my list of excuses, help me out if you can think of anything...

I hadn't been to the track in 2 years
I was on the stock clutch
I didn't launch high enough
I short shifted into 2nd
My tire pressure wasn't right
I was stock weight with nothing taken out
I didn't double clutch it like I should have
Old 11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Quit making excuses, we all have reasons to why our car only ran what it did at any given time. That is what keeps us going back. Fact is you made a stupid comment say a geared bolt on Mach 1 can't run with a LS1 with bolt ons. Then what made it even worse is you ran 13.2 at the track. Talk **** to me when you get atleast into the 12's! BTW here is my list of excuses, help me out if you can think of anything...

I short shifted into 2nd
I ate too much before hand.
I'm a *****
Added some in.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

with a tune and halfway decent weather, it will run mid 12s no doubt. if that whiney *** ten bolt doesn't go pop!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Banned

You should be able to get in low 12's what he has. If you thought i was hard on him stopsign was hard on him.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Nope, Hio told me that makes it a racecar.
for 100% sure.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I posted, my first pass EVER was a 2.18, best of 1.90 on the same tires in worse air. I ALWAYS slipped the clutch because my stocker was fried and so was the master, so I know what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by why87
with a tune and halfway decent weather, it will run mid 12s no doubt. if that whiney *** ten bolt doesn't go pop!
Where do you start calling it "mid" 12s? I'd say he runs a 12.7 or 12.8 when he goes to the track next (if he's not on a tire...even then I doubt he'll get much better). That's a high 12 to me.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
for 100% sure.
You must've missed my sarcasm. IMO, racegas and your faceplated trans are on the same level, both are race oriented but not "racecar" in my book. If you throw racegas in a bone stock Geo Metro, is it a racecar?

Run what ya brung (and hope ya brought enough.) Bitching about tire compound, transmissions, fuel, tires, cylinders, weight, nitrous, boost, etc. is all bullshit for people who can't handle losing, or are impressed by a setup but have to find any way possible to degrade it to make themselves feel better about their own pile of ****.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I posted, my first pass EVER was a 2.18, best of 1.90 on the same tires in worse air. I ALWAYS slipped the clutch because my stocker was fried and so was the master, so I know what you're talking about.

Where do you start calling it "mid" 12s? I'd say he runs a 12.7 or 12.8 when he goes to the track next (if he's not on a tire...even then I doubt he'll get much better). That's a high 12 to me.

You must've missed my sarcasm. IMO, racegas and your faceplated trans are on the same level, both are race oriented but not "racecar" in my book. If you throw racegas in a bone stock Geo Metro, is it a racecar?

Run what ya brung (and hope ya brought enough.) Bitching about tire compound, transmissions, fuel, tires, cylinders, weight, nitrous, boost, etc. is all bullshit for people who can't handle losing, or are impressed by a setup but have to find any way possible to degrade it to make themselves feel better about their own pile of ****.
same goes for a face plated metro. Except the race gas metro you cant make a trip to out of state family on thanksgivin. Id would be hard to get race gas today. Beter stick 2 jerkin off on corosive e85
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Oh I got your sarcasm. If you have to run race gas then you did'nt bring enough. Appearently you know nothing about the streetablity of a fp'ed t56.....it has never stopped me or made me detor to keep my car running. I'm in the realm of dding a car, I refuse to make sacrifies that would stop me or make me run at a slower anywhere I would want to go in the country(including comfort). Some of you nutswingers will sacrifce anything to make your car faster in a 1/4 mile......I assume you do that because your testies are small.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some of you nutswingers will sacrifce anything to make your car faster in a 1/4 mile......I assume you do that because your testies are small.
Says the guy with a crate motor, faceplated trans, custom dual clutch setup, racing brakes, CF hood, massive weight reduction. I think it would be safe to say you are the one that "will sacrifce anything to make your car faster in a 1/4 mile." I guess your nuts are small. BTW this is what a new 5.0 does with a faceplated trans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1dP4B7DVcQ
Old 11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^ lol....Your really going to compare a full on race car to my car....your a idiot.
It's pretty sad that thing barely scratched the 9's.

My mods accent all performace, some more than others depending on my set-up.....and help my gas mileage
Old 11-25-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Regular

Says the guy with a crate motor, faceplated trans, custom dual clutch setup, racing brakes, CF hood, massive weight reduction. I think it would be safe to say you are the one that "will sacrifce anything to make your car faster in a 1/4 mile." I guess your nuts are small. BTW this is what a new 5.0 does with a faceplated trans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1dP4B7DVcQ
*waiting for ohioborn
Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

If ohioborn comes in thread will not last to long and he stopped posting on the gt500 vs zr1.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I never said he said it he was a great driver. I was making fun of him because a 2.5 60' =/= great driver. (Note: I am not claiming to be a great driver, just above average.)

While it is more than point and shoot, driving an auto takes a ton less skill than a 6 speed. We'd have to see you drive a 6 speed to see if you have talent.

Duh. Thank you Captain Obvious.
You didn't say it, you implied it lol. The only reason I ever got any good on a five/six speed was because I sucked for so long and refused to get walked by all my buddies in their stangs lol. Friends don't let friends live **** down, so I had to learn real quick lol.

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
Ive drove a colorado 5 speed. I learned how to go off a hill and drop the clutch etc. I know how to drive them but never with something with power. I onlu stalled it 2 once first trying then once on the hill.
I got my license when I was sixteen way back in '93, and had to use my mother's five speed Sunbird (yeah we're talking some serious ponies ). Of course we had freezing rain that day and during my test the damn car started sliding off to the side while I was stopping at a stopsign, on a hill. I regained control and brought it to a proper stop but I thought that would cost me my license. The guy told me he'd give me extra points if he could, since anyone can lose control but not everyone can get it back effectively. That made my day, along with getting my license of course. It wasn't until I started tearing it up in v8 rwd stick cars though that I got half assed decent with shifting though .

On a side note, how do you like driving the Colorado? Those are the five cylinder ones right? It just seems wrong to me somehow having an odd amount of cylinders but some people really like them. I've never drove one personally or been in one.
Driving a stick and driving a car that can get out of it's own way quickly with a stick are two different things. My woman could drive my Camaro all over town but she'd have ran a 14 at the track.
Ditto here with my gal . Iv'e been telling her she has to get better handling the stick lol

I short shifted into 2nd
THAT was your problem right there lol.
You should be able to get in low 12's what he has. If you thought i was hard on him stopsign was hard on him.
Stopsign is not a good role model for you .
Old 11-25-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Impressive 9 second 5.slo!

I can't talk smack about manual drivers because I am not even good with a stick myself. I'll just throw a stall converter and gears in the next toy I get. Same recipe as zee old one
Old 11-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned

^yes colorados are a inline 5 cylinder. They are fun to drive and very comfy.

And yes i know stop sign isn't the best role model. She is the poster child for abortion.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Banned

Also i just ordered kooks 1 7/8 longtubes and kooks true dulas off road with single 4 inch tips and bmr dsl to install this winter
Old 11-25-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed. I would always just run for fun. I knew I had a slow LT1 but I wasn't opposed to racing a car I knew would beat me by bus lengths. I was just in it for the fun of it and improving my launch technique and getting some seat time

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
same goes for a face plated metro. Except the race gas metro you cant make a trip to out of state family on thanksgivin. Id would be hard to get race gas today. Beter stick 2 jerkin off on corosive e85
I hope you aren't serious.
^yes colorados are a inline 5 cylinder. They are fun to drive and very comfy.
I wouldn't call a Colorado comfortable. I also dislike that their transmissions are in my dad's 07 Solstice GXP. The 1st gear in that car is retarded small. 25 mph redline max lol

Also i just ordered kooks 1 7/8 longtubes and kooks true dulas off road with single 4 inch tips and bmr dsl to install this winter
Nice! Wish I would have bought that 99 TA WS6 I was looking at at 16. Sadly 16 is when I finally started making good money while working at a restaurant in high school 25 hrs/wk
Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
I could get racegas 365 days a year, there's a gas station around here that sells it. I wouldn't try to take either car out of state, so your point is invalid (for me).

E85 being corosive, riiiiight. It's ethanol not methanol. The only thing it would be corrosive to is like pre-1990 cars with old *** fuel systems. Don't hate on the poor man's racegas.

Oh I got your sarcasm. If you have to run race gas then you did'nt bring enough.
Wrong, bringing a car out to perform at it's best IS bringing enough. That's like showing up a a gun fight when other people brought automatics and you brought a six shooter.

Appearently you know nothing about the streetablity of a fp'ed t56.....it has never stopped me or made me detor to keep my car running.
While I have never had personal experience in a faceplated trans car, I never said it made it more or less streetable. You just assume I said that, so you're reading comprehension fails you. For me, racegas and a faceplated trans are on the same level.

IMO, the only thing that makes a car a racecar is a 5 gal or less fuel cell.

I'm in the realm of dding a car, I refuse to make sacrifies that would stop me or make me run at a slower anywhere I would want to go in the country(including comfort). Some of you nutswingers will sacrifce anything to make your car faster in a 1/4 mile......I assume you do that because your testies are small.
...or other people don't want to DD their car so they can make their car perform very well in as many or as few areas as possible.

r....your a idiot.
At least use proper grammar in your insults if nowhere else.

*You're an idiot.

Quick Reply: **Winter BS Thread**