11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If you guys are interested check out our local forum, ozarkautosport.com

We try to organize trips to fun drags at mokan fairly often
Old 12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
That's hilarious! That is him. Racing is their life. Austin is his name I think. I had a boost tube fall off my vette and they pulled it up on their trailor and helped me fix it. Pretty cool fellas.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Didn't talk to him, but that was my first pass at Mokan last February. I am pretty sure that car was there every other time I went too haha.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

You guys can say what you want but I would LOVE to build a 2v with sleeper cams and TFS heads. Should run mid 12's easy and would make a lot of GM owners mad.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Teching In

If you guys are interested check out our local forum, ozarkautosport.com

We try to organize trips to fun drags at mokan fairly often
How do you like fayetteville? My wife and I are thinking of moving there. She is looking at getting her phd in accounting. Arkansas is an amazing university and is very accomodating.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You guys can say what you want but I would LOVE to build a 2v with sleeper cams and TFS heads. Should run mid 12's easy and would make a lot of GM owners mad.
Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to do bolt ons and a small shot? TFS heads and a set of cams is a lot of $$$$ to still be mid 12s...but I agree it would be amusing if it looked stock. Just sad when I thought of what it cost to happen.

Originally Posted by Delivered
How do you like fayetteville? My wife and I are thinking of moving there. She is looking at getting her phd in accounting. Arkansas is an amazing university and is very accomodating.
I love it. I moved up here from SE OK for college and moved to Dallas after graduating looking for work, which sucked the big one...

So I went to work for my uncle and kept looking for work to move back up here. NW Arkansas is like it's own little state really. No where near as "redneck" as the rest of the state (or Tulsa, OKC, Dallas, Little Rock, etc). Fayetteville is big enough is has about everything and draws in some big music artists and such, but at the same time isn't a huge city.

I just wish there was a little better job market for entry level stuff because I could really use a better job than what I have now.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to do bolt ons and a small shot? TFS heads and a set of cams is a lot of $$$$ to still be mid 12s...but I agree it would be amusing if it looked stock. Just sad when I thought of what it cost to happen.
Then you run into the "But it has nitrous!!"

It would get boring after a while but would make for a pretty fun ride. A 2v with heads and a good set of cams could turn 7,000rpms daily and never have a problem...the 2v SOHC can be a decent street car but it takes a good bit more.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

I love it. I moved up here from SE OK for college and moved to Dallas after graduating looking for work, which sucked the big one...

So I went to work for my uncle and kept looking for work to move back up here. NW Arkansas is like it's own little state really. No where near as "redneck" as the rest of the state (or Tulsa, OKC, Dallas, Little Rock, etc). Fayetteville is big enough is has about everything and draws in some big music artists and such, but at the same time isn't a huge city.

I just wish there was a little better job market for entry level stuff because I could really use a better job than what I have now.
I definetly like the way it is spread out. scenery is great also.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Then you run into the "But it has nitrous!!"
True but when you have aftermarket casting heads which I'm guessing would be noticeably visable, the bolt on ls1 cars are going to feel too bad about losing...assuming they do. I agree it would be a fun car though, just expensive for what you end up with.

I definetly like the way it is spread out. scenery is great also.
Exactly, I like it a lot. Small town feel but big enough to have just about everything...just wish a track was closer but Mokan is only around an hour and 45min or so.

I definitely like how large business signs and billboards aren't allowed in town. It's subtle but does make it a lot less trashy...unlike Springdale (aka, little Mexico ).
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Hope for it being a GT. A basic bolt on 4v can eat a basic bolt on LS1.
very very doubtful there retard.Just look at what you drive for instance.You got boltons and only making 308 RWHP??!!...STOCK LS1's make that to the wheels all day everyday...a bolt on 4.6 faster than bolt on LS1 (5.7L)??.. you and everyone else on this site knows it
Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
very very doubtful there retard.Just look at what you drive for instance.You got boltons and only making 308 RWHP??!!...STOCK LS1's make that to the wheels all day everyday...a bolt on 4.6 faster than bolt on LS1 (5.7L)??.. you and everyone else on this site knows it
I didn't know we were dyno racing, excuse me king dipshit. I stand corrected. Everyone this just in, a bolt on LS1 cannot lose to any bolt on 4v.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Impressive. Hell some days I hate just my basic accounting/finance majors lol
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Teching In

I didn't know we were dyno racing, excuse me king dipshit. I stand corrected. Everyone this just in, a bolt on LS1 cannot lose to any bolt on 4v.
Ive seen every race ever, I was ******* there. Still hasnt happened yet. The ls1 can never lose!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

There are two out here close to that. One a 97 with stage 3 Comp cams(not a sleeper cam) with TFS heads and it runs 11.98s at full weight. Pisses off a lot of LS1s guys out here. Other is a 96 with cams that don't lope and Patriot Stage 3 heads and runs 12.2s full weight. Both cars on stock rims!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Gotta love the sleeper look.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

they way you was making it out was that a bolt on Mach 1 would beat a bolt on LS1..they may be close at best (best for the stang lol)..dude, do you even go to the drag strip and race?..cause if you did you would know there are 10 second cam/exhaust/tune/ and gears F bodies out there running 10's!! ...not everyday you see bolt on 4v 4.6's running even close to that...when it comes to bolt on performance ..the NEW 5.0's stangs probally take the cake on that one but in most GM guy's books (the ones that own good running LS1's) any 4.6 that's not sprayed or boosted is'nt even worth the gas to run when it comes to bolt vs bolt on 4.6 vs LS1's...when i'm at the track i wont even race a stock Termi Cobra..why..because just becuase he has a boosted V8 and i have a boosted V8 does'nt mean it will be a good race..i tell them unless they are running a whipple or a KB then please dont' attempt to waste my time or gas on a sure win on my part...want to hear a fun fact?..1996 stang GT's with 4.6's had around 220 (flyweel HP LOL!) and the SAME year model V6 (VEEEEE SSSIIIIXXX) camaro's had a 3.8L making 200 (flywheel HP)..i watched a freind of mine take his bolt on V6 camaro and with only a CAI, headers,exhaust,tune and 3.73 gears he would walk every stock 4.6 GT he came across..pretty funny..and sad for the stangs back then..please guy when meantioning a bolt on mustang GT, it better be the new 5.0 GT with boltons if you want to get any credit cause those things really boogie with just boltons..other stangs..not so much
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
they way you was making it out was that a bolt on Mach 1 would beat a bolt on LS1..they may be close at best (best for the stang lol)..dude, do you even go to the drag strip and race?..cause if you did you would know there are 10 second cam/exhaust/tune/ and gears F bodies out there running 10's!! ...not everyday you see bolt on 4v 4.6's running even close to that...when it comes to bolt on performance ..the NEW 5.0's stangs probally take the cake on that one but in most GM guy's books (the ones that own good running LS1's) any 4.6 that's not sprayed or boosted is'nt even worth the gas to run when it comes to bolt vs bolt on 4.6 vs LS1's...when i'm at the track i wont even race a stock Termi Cobra..why..because just becuase he has a boosted V8 and i have a boosted V8 does'nt mean it will be a good race..i tell them unless they are running a whipple or a KB then please dont' attempt to waste my time or gas on a sure win on my part...want to hear a fun fact?..1996 stang GT's with 4.6's had around 220 (flyweel HP LOL!) and the SAME year model V6 (VEEEEE SSSIIIIXXX) camaro's had a 3.8L making 200 (flywheel HP)..i watched a freind of mine take his bolt on V6 camaro and with only a CAI, headers,exhaust,tune and 3.73 gears he would walk every stock 4.6 GT he came across..pretty funny..and sad for the stangs back then..please guy when meantioning a bolt on mustang GT, it better be the new 5.0 GT with boltons if you want to get any credit cause those things really boogie with just boltons..other stangs..not so much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThO2ONlNFM Here is an all motor mach 1 that would take down ur boosted ls1. I dont have a dog in the fight but talking trash like that is really kind of silly. Plenty of bolt on 4v will take out
ls1's and vice versa with the ls1 having an advantage. And yead the 2v 4.6 engines really suck.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 85mustang351
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThO2ONlNFM Here is an all motor mach 1 that would take down ur boosted ls1. I dont have a dog in the fight but talking trash like that is really kind of silly. Plenty of bolt on 4v will take out
ls1's and vice versa with the ls1 having an advantage. And yead the 2v 4.6 engines really suck.
yeah that is'nt your averaged setup bolt on stang thing..4.88 gears!!..and he has a nice drag setup and lighter racing rims...11.2 is'nt bad..fastest my car has went was 11.3 but this stang would'nt take my car down..i have done alot of mods since i ran 11.3 , one big mod was i switched from the stock 10 bolt with stock 3.23 gears (wich is what i ran 11.3 on and did'nt need 4.88 gears to do it!) , i now have a Moser 12 bolt with 3.90 gears and would no doubt bust this stangs *** now..i just need to get my lazy *** up and drive 2 hours to the nearest nice drag strip so i can get my car put in the 10 second club fianlly..funny that stang needed 4.88 gears to muster a 11.2..not a bad run tho..he needs to do some cams and that Mach would be something serious

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 12-07-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: booya
Old 12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Sounds like you have a stout set up there. Good luck with getting in the 10's. The mph is definately there for it.
No doubt an ls1 is easier to get going (and cheaper for sure) but some 4v's are pretty tough and the rear ends dont blow to pieces. If ford and chevy ever got together they may be able to make a damn car that works for less than 30 grand. Seems like back in the ls1 vs 4v 4.6 days both were half way to a decent car. Ford with their **** transmissions and GM with the garbage rear ends.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Teching In

Been to Mokan a few times and never ran into any fellow tech members.

I'll be there in the spring just as soon as they open to get new times for the cam swap and the new heads.
I'm out at mokan a few times a season.. I run a green lt1 camaro. I know the guy with the lt1 caviler too.. Pretty sweet little car. I'm down for a meet.