Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got called out by a stang the other day

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i heard those new 5.0s are pretty fast lol, heard bone stock they beat everything with wheels
Old 12-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you OBVIOUSLY REDLIGHTED,,,,,, this is getting really funny lol
Old 12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i dont mind the rant, and think it was over a bolt on mach vs a bolt on ls1, i only ran mach, he had bolts on, i was bolt ons,ms4, we went from a 40 roll and it wasnt even close, it was more my race but that was the only run in i have had with one, maybe he missed a shift or something but im sure bolt on vs bolt on it would be a pretty easy win
yeah man what alot of ppl fail to realize and it's usually the Ford nutt swingers that just dont'e get it, and that is the Mach 1 and the Z28 or SS all weigh about the same 3,450lbs. the LS1 and Mach 1 where both rated at 305hp (except the SS was 320+). It's a well known fact the LS1's in the Z28's and SS's where the EXACT same LS1's that where used in the base C5 vettes. So in all reality the Z28 and the SS had an underated 340-350 true flywheel HP..and they where of course 5.7L..modding the bigger engine will land you more HP..it's simple physics really (as i'm sure you understand)..A bolt on LS1 vs a bolt on Mach 1 gived the EXACT same mods and given both drivers are good at racing thier cars..then the outcome will ALWAYS be the LS1 car..also please watch that vid some dumbass just posted up of the Mach1 beating a LS1 camaro LOL (the Mach 1 REDLIGHTED wich means he LOST because he decided to NOT wait for the light to turn green and he jumped him)

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 12-08-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: booyah!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

You really are not that smart are you. Redlight doesn't affect ET.

Most LS1 Fbodies M6s can't run a real tire unless it has another rear swap in it and even then hope the stock POS clutch and stick pedal can work-a Mach can do it with petty bolt ons and gear. A good hole shot means the Mach has the advantage from a stop if its running a non radial tire. Stock to stock they are close with LS1 having advantage above 95 or so MPH. With bolt ons the F body has the advantage especially above 90MPH. Its not such an easy win as you think or post.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

C'mon guys...a cam is NOT a bolt-on.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
..all you have to do is remove the intake and all front pulleys such as water pump (takes 10 mins) balancer(not that much longer) and in less than 3 hours you can be rocking a new "bolt in"cam...So calling a cam swap a bolt on for an LS1 is very practical considering the cheap price and the ease of doing it.
Are you high?

I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday and the oral surgeon seen it fit that I needed 30 somthing Percocet in wich I just took 3 of them a lil while ago
Oh wait, you are!!

I don't care who you are or what you "know", a cam is not a "bolt-on" and neither is anything else that requires opening an engine...oh wait a supercharger "bolts on" to your engine, so does a turbo...or a nitrous kit...are those "bolt-ons" too?
Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Teching In

NO *******, this is from someone with a blown LS1 who has vids of myself racing (UNLIKE you, wheres yours at?..makes you the benchracer then) and also with more than 1 freaking post (it's probally just Stopsign making a new account LOL seeing as how the car looks the same) . Saying "I hope my cars runs 10's now" is for many reasons, such as I have fixed alot of previous issues my car had as well as going to better rear end and better gears so it should be 10's now but thats not bench racing for someone who has many vids up of him bitch smacking Mustangs at the track!!..cams are considered boltons in alot of ppl's books..see unlike a Ford OHC or DOHC engine it does'nt require your whole weekend..all you have to do is remove the intake and all front pulleys such as water pump (takes 10 mins) balancer(not that much longer) and in less than 3 hours you can be rocking a new "bolt in"cam. Putting two or four cams in and one cam for an LS1 is a big price difference cost around 400 bucks or less!!, and DOHCs for let's say, a Mach 1 ..ohhh around 1000 bucks. So calling a cam swap a bolt on for an LS1 is very practical considering the cheap price and the ease of doing it.
Blue and white are different colors i believe... and so what you are saying is a cam is a bolt on so for my car it would be four bolt on's? And as far as how long it takes you to put in a cam you are full of **** plain and simple and how much it cost's depends on the cam and other components you MAY need does it not?

Last edited by whatsnext; 12-08-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything On my car is held together with bolts.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Blue and white are different colors i believe... and so what you are saying is a cam is a bolt on so for my car it would be four bolt on's?
Ya know folowing this guys logic wouldn't cams on a Mustang be closer to a bolt-on since OHC is easier to get at?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
You really are not that smart are you. Redlight doesn't affect ET.

Most LS1 Fbodies M6s can't run a real tire unless it has another rear swap in it and even then hope the stock POS clutch and stick pedal can work-a Mach can do it with petty bolt ons and gear. A good hole shot means the Mach has the advantage from a stop if its running a non radial tire. Stock to stock they are close with LS1 having advantage above 95 or so MPH. With bolt ons the F body has the advantage especially above 90MPH. Its not such an easy win as you think or post.
i NEVER said a REDLIGHT does effect ET's so don't make yourself look silly by putting word in my mouth!!..thats cool if the MACH 1 in that particualr race ran a faster time. Still does'nt change the fact that a REDLIGHT is a LOSS!!!..it's simple really..IF you redlight that means you jumped..if you jump you loose..go try that **** in the pro's or on Pinks and see if you *** does'nt loose the race or loose your car lol..I have ran times fater than alot of cars..but I myself have jumped a car or 2 by redlighting them..If i jump them that means it's like cheating..therefore myself or anyone else that jumps looses the race PERIOD and there is NO type of discussion about ET's that will change that dude..REDLIGHT = loose even if you ran a faster time
Old 12-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NY02ws6
Ya know folowing this guys logic wouldn't cams on a Mustang be closer to a bolt-on since OHC is easier to get at?
no *** clown OHC or DOHC Ford motors are NOT any easier to get the cams out ..you STILL have to remove the timing chain, wich has a cover that needs removed, and to remove the cover you have to remove the balancer, so EVERYTHING has to come off the engine!!...i've helped a freind do it on his Ford Lightning...it ******* sucked ballsz..it was much easier on a LS1.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Wow, sarcasm is wasted on some people...
Old 12-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Blue and white are different colors i believe... and so what you are saying is a cam is a bolt on so for my car it would be four bolt on's? And as far as how long it takes you to put in a cam you are full of **** plain and simple and how much it cost's depends on the cam and other components you MAY need does it not?
all you guys saying i'm full of **** OBVIOUSLY have never done a cam swap before on ANY car!!...and how much it cost is too easy **** nugget...simply get online and price a nice set of DOHC's for a Mach 1..then go to Texas speeds website and price their cams for a LS1..if you think 1 cam is gona cost more than 4 cams..your are mistaken
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Taking the cam covers off would be fairly painless but getting the cams out and degreeing them would be a little time consuming.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

Wow, sarcasm is wasted on some people...
oh..i'm srry man lol...i'm just in a defend myself mode since i'm being attacked by ppl who know nothing about cam prices and install times..they think because they have never done a cam swap, and CANT' do a cam swap themselves..they assume if it's not some 10 min bolt like a CAI is..then there is no way a cam is a bolt on...guy's cams are easy to install..ESPECIALLY on LS1's...taking out my 10 bolt rear and swaping it for my Moser 12 bolt took me maybe 5 hours..a total of maybe 20 bolts to do it..I call that a bolt on..but since there are ppl on this site who would'nt even know where to start when swapping a rear end out..they consider it a none bolton and would no doubt take it to a shop just to get it done!

just cause there are ppl who cant' work on thier on cars, does'nt change that for some mechanicly inclined ppl alot of parts are merely bolt ons and can be done simply in your garage with BASIC HAND TOOLS!! and maybe a borrowed part or 2 from your local O Rileys
Old 12-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Teching In

all you guys saying i'm full of **** OBVIOUSLY have never done a cam swap before on ANY car!!...and how much it cost is too easy **** nugget...simply get online and price a nice set of DOHC's for a Mach 1..then go to Texas speeds website and price their cams for a LS1..if you think 1 cam is gona cost more than 4 cams..your are mistaken
I never said it would cost more than a dohc swap,all i was saying is some cam swaps require more than the cam so calm down its ok ,no need to fill the naughty word jar all in one day.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

all you guys saying i'm full of **** OBVIOUSLY have never done a cam swap before on ANY car!!...
Yep, all the parts in my sig magically appeared there one weekend, and a cam mysteriously appeared in my buddys TBSS...oh and i definitely didn't change any cams at UTI almost 10 years ago when I went there...and I never pulled the cams out of the numerous diesel truck engines I've rebuilt over the years....sorry, I forgot,this is the internet, where your right and everyone else is wrong. Oh and BTW, thanks for being an LS1 nutswinging fanboy of the worst level...

YOU ARE FULL OF ****!!! A CAM IS NOT A BOLT-ON ON ANY ENGINE!! THE ONLY WAY A CAM SWAP TAKES 3 HOURS IS IF THE ENGINE IS ON A STAND!!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Banned

Taking the cam covers off would be fairly painless but getting the cams out and degreeing them would be a little time consuming.
yes I agree with you on that , cams are'nt that hard especially on single cam GM V8's.These OHC Ford motors require more money for parts and 2 or 4 cams will always cost more than one new cam..buying them used is a different story..but yes degreeing the cams only gets harder and more time consuming the more cams you have..wich is why it's much easier to call a cam swap on a LS1 a simple 3-4 hour bolt on..and a cam swap on let's say a Mach 1 or a Ford Lightning..5 hours to all freaking day job.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Yep, all the parts in my sig magically appeared there one weekend, and a cam mysteriously appeared in my buddys TBSS...oh and i definitely didn't change any cams at UTI almost 10 years ago when I went there...and I never pulled the cams out of the numerous diesel truck engines I've rebuilt over the years....sorry, I forgot,this is the internet, where your right and everyone else is wrong. Oh and BTW, thanks for being an LS1 nutswinging fanboy of the worst level...

YOU ARE FULL OF ****!!! A CAM IS NOT A BOLT-ON ON ANY ENGINE!! THE ONLY WAY A CAM SWAP TAKES 3 HOURS IS IF THE ENGINE IS ON A STAND!!
say what you want man..what you consider a NON bolton and a HARD job..i consider a peice of cake (all you need is patience and a 12 pack of beer) and consider it a abolt on.
do you consider these botons??
.exhaust is a bolton?
are injectors boltons?
are headers boltons?
how bout rims??
how bout an intakes such as a FAST?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

yes, those are bolt-ons...nothing you listed is INTERNAL...