Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got called out by a stang the other day

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
Everything On my car is held together with bolts.
...and nuts.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
...and nuts.
...theres gotta be something for retards to swing from...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
WOOOOWWW...JOKES ON YOU DUMBASS!!!...you OBVIOUSLY REDLIGHTED!!!! therefore you AUTOMATICLY lost!!!...that's what happen when you get nervous from racing against a LS1...you simply redlighted and jumped on him bad off the line....if you redlight then YOU LOOSE..or did you not know the rules of drag racing??
Not sure if this link works or not as I just uploaded the 2nd race. I tried to get the jump and red lit on this one but the results are the same he won. Mach's w/ gears and tires are not to be taken lightly at the strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muNgpVfvsLo&sns=em

Last edited by sepno77; 12-08-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: cause thunder was being a baby about spelling.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sepno77
Not sure if this link works or not as I just uploaded the 2nd race. I tried to get the jump and red lighted on this one but the results are the same he won. Mach's w/ gears and tires are not to be taken lightly at the strip.
dont you know ANYTHING!!! you raced a mustang, he LOST cuz its a FORD, they ALWAYS LOSE NO MATTER WHAT!!! cuz this is LS1 TECH so the ls1 HAS to WIN cuz its the interwebz and I SAY SO, so it must be true...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Everyone in this thread, say this with me real quick: "red lit"

"lighted" isn't a word

And cams are not a bolt on, period. They are an internal engine modification. And before it goes there, nitrous and superchargers are not considered "bolt ons" by anyone who isn't retarded either (certain mustang magazines included with their "bolt on 10 second 5.0" on the juice).
Old 12-08-2011, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NY02ws6
Are you high?

Oh wait, you are!!

I don't care who you are or what you "know", a cam is not a "bolt-on" and neither is anything else that requires opening an engine...oh wait a supercharger "bolts on" to your engine, so does a turbo...or a nitrous kit...are those "bolt-ons" too?
^^I already went there lol
Old 12-08-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

"lighted" isn't a word

And cams are not a bolt on, period. They are an internal engine modification. And before it goes there, nitrous and superchargers are not considered "bolt ons" by anyone who isn't retarded either (certain mustang magazines included with their "bolt on 10 second 5.0" on the juice).
Happy now?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Best read up about me and watch my vids..It's real ******* hard for me to be a bench racer when i go to the track about every 2 months!..and have more passes on just the Procharged SS own now, than the passes you have probally had in your entire life with every car you have had. Adding anything to your engine that does'nt require boring/ stroking/new bearings is usually considered a bolton by alot off ppl (racers) ..if someone said they just did a new bolt on and I asked "what bolton did you do?"..if they replied " oh I just bolted in some new pistons and had my block freshend up"..i would slap the **** out of them..if someone did an intake swap, cam swap,exhaust or header swap, tune, plugs,wires, electric water pump, anykind of suspension or rear end work..those are boltons in my book..if no machine work is required, then it's a bolton. The more mehcanicly inclined you are then the more things you may consider being boltons...however if your the type (not saying you are) that can't even gap your spark plugs the right way..then a cam may be considered a NON-bolton lol.

I'm gonna let this go since you stated that you was on drugs; but I would recommend that YOU read up on me before you ramble on about accusations of what I can and cannot do with a car or how many passes I have made at a drag strip.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507

"lighted" isn't a word

Just curious, I know that you stated a supercharger isn't a bolt on. What if the car came with one (Eaton) and it was replaced with a Kenne Bell?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Teching In

oh..i'm srry man lol...i'm just in a defend myself mode since i'm being attacked by ppl who know nothing about cam prices and install times..they think because they have never done a cam swap, and CANT' do a cam swap themselves..they assume if it's not some 10 min bolt like a CAI is..then there is no way a cam is a bolt on...guy's cams are easy to install..ESPECIALLY on LS1's...taking out my 10 bolt rear and swaping it for my Moser 12 bolt took me maybe 5 hours..a total of maybe 20 bolts to do it..I call that a bolt on..but since there are ppl on this site who would'nt even know where to start when swapping a rear end out..they consider it a none bolton and would no doubt take it to a shop just to get it done!

just cause there are ppl who cant' work on thier on cars, does'nt change that for some mechanicly inclined ppl alot of parts are merely bolt ons and can be done simply in your garage with BASIC HAND TOOLS!! and maybe a borrowed part or 2 from your local O Rileys
You are assuming more than you should with a few things in this post, you really know nothing about the people which you are referring too.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Almost 7 years on this site and it's the first time I can remember someone calling a cam a Bolt-on. Using the excuse that nobody on here has done one therefore they don't know **** couldn't be further from the truth. I'd say most people on here do their own work to their cars, including myself. But I guess being here for all of 9 months you wouldn't know that.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOOOOWWW...JOKES ON YOU DUMBASS!!!...you OBVIOUSLY REDLIGHTED!!!! therefore you AUTOMATICLY lost!!!...that's what happen when you get nervous from racing against a LS1...you simply redlighted and jumped on him bad off the line....if you redlight then YOU LOOSE..or did you not know the rules of drag racing??
#1 you're a retard, that was not me in the video.
#2 they were racing for, not the win light so red light or not, it doesn't matter IN THEIR CASE. The mach 1 ET'ed better in both races.
#3 read the post below from the owner/driver of the Camaro in that vid I posted, he said he was trying to get the jump on a mach 1 with less mods and less power than him. Does that mean he was scared? By your rules, I guess he was.

Originally Posted by sepno77
Not sure if this link works or not as I just uploaded the 2nd race. I tried to get the jump and red lit on this one but the results are the same he won. Mach's w/ gears and tires are not to be taken lightly at the strip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muNgpVfvsLo&sns=em
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

well dont' take anything I say too seriously since like I said earlier i'm pretty fucked up on percocets due to wisdom teeth removal..I still call a cam a bolton since it can be done by one in their own garage in less than one day as long as they are somewhat mechanically inclined...i mean it's really not that bad to it yourself even if you was having to read a manual on how it's done..there is fine line between whats considered a bolton and whats not..alot off ppl may not consider nitrous a bolton..superchargers are not internal yet some dont' consider that a bolton either even if they are 100% bolton superchargers. I go by as long as it does'nt require machine work then i call it a bolton..if someone said they made themselves a 408 stroker using only boltons..i would slap them..but i believe it's safe to call a nitroused and cammed LS1 with a 9 in rear a bolton car..call me silly or crazy or druged out my mind but thats my fellings and how I stand on that subject.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats it just say you think everything you do to the car is bolt on's except pistons and crank but EVERYTHING ELSE is bolt ons. Quad turbo w/ a 300 shot just bolt ons don't worry.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Just curious, I know that you stated a supercharger isn't a bolt on. What if the car came with one (Eaton) and it was replaced with a Kenne Bell?
Interesting question. IMO it would be more akin to a serious mod than a bolt on. But it's at least debatable seeing as how it's very similar to a car trading one intake manifold for another. But it could also be argued it's more comparable to boring/stroking a NA engine (which is my opinion on the matter).

At the nitty gritty someone could try to argue the same for about anything (my car came with a cam but I put a different one in, it came with heads but I put different ones on). But 99% of the community who draw reasonable lines in the interpretation would think that person is an idiot.

What about ported heads? They came on the car, I just altered them and re-installed them? They aren't even bolt ons...they're stock parts.

Personally, I'd rather mod and race than fight about what's what, but it's fair to warn people who say their CAI,exhaust, drag tire car is "stock" or people who claim "bolt ons" when they're cammed that they will be made fun of for making such claims.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

well dont' take anything I say too seriously since like I said earlier i'm pretty fucked up on percocets due to wisdom teeth removal..I still call a cam a bolton since it can be done by one in their own garage in less than one day as long as they are somewhat mechanically inclined...i mean it's really not that bad to it yourself even if you was having to read a manual on how it's done..there is fine line between whats considered a bolton and whats not..alot off ppl may not consider nitrous a bolton..superchargers are not internal yet some dont' consider that a bolton either even if they are 100% bolton superchargers. I go by as long as it does'nt require machine work then i call it a bolton..if someone said they made themselves a 408 stroker using only boltons..i would slap them..but i believe it's safe to call a nitroused and cammed LS1 with a 9 in rear a bolton car..call me silly or crazy or druged out my mind but thats my fellings and how I stand on that subject.
If I got really motivated I bet I could swap a cammed ls3 into a car in a day, no machine work required. Bam, 500hp+ bolt on Camaro. Oh forgot the ls3 came with a nitrous kit...700hp bolt on Camaro.

I believe the record for swapping a ls1 into an old school car was ~34 minutes this year at LSx Fest. Bolt on ls1 80s Monte Carlo FTW.

(above post is not serious and just messing with you to show the definitions aren't that great)
Old 12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Lol at ilovechevy1...bro relax .. Everyone here is just trying to get under your skin ... JUST BREATHE AND LET IT GOOO!! Lol you seem like your looking for an argument or something :/.. Anyways OP anythIng new ??
Old 12-08-2011, 04:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who **** in this guy's glove box?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A cam is an internal lmao. It doesn't matter how YOU think of it. You could put a S/C on in a day. Does that make it a bolt-on also? You can put nitrous on in a couple hours.. Does this make it a bolt-on? Just because you can do something in a day does not make it a bolt-on. Once you change something internally in the motor it is not a bolt-on car. Things people usually consider bolt-ons FYI are- Headers, y-pipe, catback, lid, intake manifold, tune, wheels, tires, suspension, stall converter, ect. FI is not considered a bolt-on.. Neither is nitrious, or heads and cam.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can bolt my D1 procharger setup on my Mach in about a hour. Does that make it a bolt on?

This guy is a trip.