Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

odarabla v.s. AWD Eagle Talon

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default odarabla v.s. AWD Eagle Talon

Vids are kinda shitty but its what I got. Camaro won both races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku6WLCPXd4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cmq5f3yc04

Last edited by F-Body_4_Life; 12-13-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had him by 3-4 cars on the first race and 2.5-3 cars on the second race.. Fast little sucker though. B.J. said he was mad as hell.. Someone told me that dude ran high 9's at the track. That true?

BTW it was nice meeting you bro. Thanks for posting the vids for me..We gotta do that **** again sometime..
Old 12-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by odarabla
I had him by 3-4 cars on the first race and 2.5-3 cars on the second race.. Fast little sucker though. B.J. said he was mad as hell.. Someone told me that dude ran high 9's at the track. That true?
Hmmm I THINK I remember seeing a video of a Talon running a 9 at the track down here, you can ask them to see if its the same one.

BTW it was nice meeting you bro. Thanks for posting the vids for me..We gotta do that **** again sometime..
Same here, I expect to see you out there again now that you've made a name for yourself in just one night.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
Hmmm I THINK I remember seeing a video of a Talon running a 9 at the track down here, you can ask them to see if its the same one.

Same here, I expect to see you out there again now that you've made a name for yourself in just one night.
Name for myself? In what way?

Just think if I didn't have to lift after the launch? I would have had him by a lot more. I see in the second video he actually had me off the line but I sure came around him quick.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Staging Lane

Your camaro is pretty nasty!Nice kill!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very sick. That dsm sounds like no joke. Good kill odarabla
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys. I was using this stuff called pimp juice traction compound. I tell you the **** works. People around the car when we left said I pulled the tires on the street.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I was using this stuff called pimp juice traction compound. I tell you the **** works. People around the car when we left said I pulled the tires on the street.
Comes in bottles like the VHT stuff? How much did it cost, pulling tires on the street is no joke.

Oh and nice race, car moves out!
Old 12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

I'd like to hear more on this pimp juice. What tire are you running?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Comes in bottles like the VHT stuff? How much did it cost, pulling tires on the street is no joke.

Oh and nice race, car moves out!
Yea it comes in a bottle like VHT. It was $50.00 shipped and it only took like 2 days to get it.. I was just putting a little puddle under the tire and the car was leaving pretty freaking hard but would spin the tires after the launch. Next time I am going to bring a sprayer out there and try to make a lane.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice job-your car moves out!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Name for myself? In what way?

Just think if I didn't have to lift after the launch? I would have had him by a lot more. I see in the second video he actually had me off the line but I sure came around him quick.
I mean that you'll probably get some more races just from that race, and yea I noticed you lifted too. Traction plays hard-to-get sometimes but we still love her
Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
I am running a set of Hooiers Drag radials 28" tall tire.. That need to be replaced bad..
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-Body_4_Life
I mean that you'll probably get some more races just from that race, and yea I noticed you lifted too. Traction plays hard-to-get sometimes but we still love her
Yea I noticed that. Next time out ima be a little better prepaired. I am gonna bring the sprayer and get some new tires on this bugger..
Old 12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Nice Kill, care to share some details on your setup?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah that first video, the second I saw your lights come up with the distinctive headlight 'shudder' as the wheels leave terra firma had me thinking the same thing. Totally badass, and especially on just pimp juice under the tire at the start! one amazing right you have there, that can make a badass AWD car lose the race at the launch! 4 wheels spinning lose to 2 wheels freewheeling every time!!!
Yea it comes in a bottle like VHT. It was $50.00 shipped and it only took like 2 days to get it.. I was just putting a little puddle under the tire and the car was leaving pretty freaking hard but would spin the tires after the launch. Next time I am going to bring a sprayer out there and try to make a lane.
Heard of it alot over the last couple years, but never seen in person or used it. did you just literally put a puddle under the tires at your launch site?! Or is what you meant that you did your burn out in a puddle of it?

If the stuff works instantly (unlike VHT that likes to soak in), I'd highly recommend the windshield wiper bottle in trunk/ windshield sprayer nozzles through fenderwell pointing at tires trick. I can't even imagine how great that would work in random stop light races if the sticky stuff instantly made the tire sticky:: imagine the look on a Sti or Evo drivers face when you pulled the wheels at a random stop light race.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
If the stuff works instantly (unlike VHT that likes to soak in), I'd highly recommend the windshield wiper bottle in trunk/ windshield sprayer nozzles through fenderwell pointing at tires trick. I can't even imagine how great that would work in random stop light races if the sticky stuff instantly made the tire sticky:: imagine the look on a Sti or Evo drivers face when you pulled the wheels at a random stop light race.
HOLY ****!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Staging Lane

^^ That would be pretty epic!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZFreie
HOLY ****!
Old street racing trick that a buddy passed on to me 20 years ago. Normally used with VHT trackbite, you do your burnout while spraying and continue spraying as you roll out from the burnout, thereby putting down a sticky track you will ideally follow when you race. Side benefit was also that it would help you break your tires loose initially as the stuff is watery at first before drying and becoming tacky.

You can also use that bottle for bleach to create billowing white clouds when you burnout. the bleach will actually help soften your tires also, but it causes premature drying out of the tires as it draws out the oils in the rubber.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
**** works, end of story. Some people say if you do some good prep work on the street it hook better than certain tracks.

http://pimpjuicetraction.com/

Quick Reply: odarabla v.s. AWD Eagle Talon