Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiho couple things...

Paul Walker wants his steering wheel back.

Why did you steal a shift **** from a UPS truck?

I plan on going faceplated in a TKO. Will see where it puts my 331...Now question is TKO 500 or 600. I like the 500's 1st gear. Will look more into it once I get the T56 shipped.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Are you even clutching? Do you need to with a face plated tranny? I watched the video a BUNCH of times and all I see is your right leg lift on shifts and little if any movement from your left.
You can shift without the clutch but Liberty says it causes a lot more damage to the trans over time.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Hiho couple things...

I plan on going faceplated in a TKO. Will see where it puts my 331...Now question is TKO 500 or 600. I like the 500's 1st gear. Will look more into it once I get the T56 shipped.
lmao did you see the hole drilled in shifter??? CREATIVE lots of little **** to make it not gutted. tko 500 for sure the way you want to 60ft The 600 is little longer but stilll nothing like the t56. Big question i know you wont answer is how many ft lbs torque is it going to make. and tkos are about 100 ft lbs under rated so a tko 500 should take 580ish all day
Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
^^^^^^^^ THIS is what you said *******! . I'm pretty sure you meant it to be offensive. You may think your clever with you lil insults. Atleast have the ***** to admit you where saying it to be a dick and not just saying it to start up a freindly conversation. What did you expect my reply to be?

Why cant' you just admit the only reason you even fucked with me with smart *** comments from the get go was because I meantioned I beat up on ( your precious) Termi's all the time. I know it must upset you that a DOHC ford V8 that came factory being forged and having 8lbs of boost, and only made around 400hp, and 3.55 gears only ran low 12's (with a damn good driver) from the factory get's it's *** raped on a most common daily basis. It's okay tho man..we cant' win them all.

Since your dying for the reason of why I asked if you was the one that everyone was laughing at about the amount of mods and not running 10's; I will tell you why I asked.

I see someone with a mile long list of mods (including a blower) talking big about about beating up on pulley only/bolt on cars...and acting like they did something. That's like racing cars that YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO OUT RUN and then bragging about it.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to say, I guess my next step will be to try and draw some pictures for you
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

What's with the need for faceplated transmission? I can shift just as fast if not faster than the guy in the video - with a clutch - and thats behind almost 1000whp! Is it just to be different or what?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Ok guys here's a little vid of me rollin threw the gears in my car.

Also notice it's not gutted and not a rattle trap. But also take a good look at the shift ****

Props to you for posting the video (very cool); you are brave sir because you know that you have opened the door for **** talking.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
lmao did you see the hole drilled in shifter??? CREATIVE lots of little **** to make it not gutted. tko 500 for sure the way you want to 60ft The 600 is little longer but stilll nothing like the t56. Big question i know you wont answer is how many ft lbs torque is it going to make. and tkos are about 100 ft lbs under rated so a tko 500 should take 580ish all day
No I can't view videos at work. 500 for sure if it stays 331 N/A......
Old 12-19-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

I hear you man. It just pisses me off that some ppl think (not saying you , but others) that with cars it's always A mods + B mods= C performance. That's not always the case. some LS1 car's can make 310 RWHP on a dyno with everything on the car being 100% factory , while others may only make 280 RWHP stock. This has been seen in many cars, what works good on one car, may not work as well on another. I also have mine tuned to be a daily driver (I litterally told my tuner "dude, tune this car to be an awseome daily driver!" ) He did what I asked and I drive this car everyday without a hiccup or a 2nd thought on where I should or should'nt drive it. I think it's very ignorrant of these guys to jump on me saying my car is slow for it's mods ( if 11.1 with a 1.5 60ft is slow?) yet when I try to give them the rundown of why my car run's like it does (crappy cam, DD tune..ect) they wanna call it excuses. I got no reason to make excuses lol, especially to mustang owners..hell, all I have up on my youtube channel is me beating mustangs ( a few boosted ones too). If I had recorded every mustang that I have beaten then Youtube would've shut me down for uploading too many vids lol. They say my car is slow for it's mods?...hmmm ..ok. The Ford GT was like 160+k$ or more and only run's low 11's. The Buggati Veryron has 1000hp and 4 turbos with a 16 cyl engine and only run's 10's and cost over a million dollars, but yet I get called the guy with too many mods that runs too slow for having a P1 procharger, baby cam,, smallish stall, and mid tube headers with cats still on it ??..FML lol

AWWW-and how about all of the STUPID posts you did slamming Mustangs and Fords???? Your car is slow for the mods and your attitude as you post. PERIOD. Think next time you post and include tons utter crap.. Too bad your are not local-I know some Termis with stock blowers that would punt you back to reality very quickly. You don't have to like Ford's etc but stop posting like your suffer from LMS,LPS where they are concerned.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
AWWW-and how about all of the STUPID posts you did slamming Mustangs and Fords???? Your car is slow for the mods and your attitude as you post. PERIOD. Think next time you post and include tons utter crap.. Too bad your are not local-I know some Termis with stock blowers that would punt you back to reality very quickly. You don't have to like Ford's etc but stop posting like your suffer from LMS,LPS where they are concerned.
shouldnt talk **** because mines not 100 percent yet. How ever id like to give him some termi with very minor bolt ons im sure it would be all he wanted!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can shift without the clutch but Liberty says it causes a lot more damage to the trans over time.
Thanks for the info.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hear you man. It just pisses me off that some ppl think (not saying you , but others) that with cars it's always A mods + B mods= C performance. That's not always the case. some LS1 car's can make 310 RWHP on a dyno with everything on the car being 100% factory , while others may only make 280 RWHP stock. This has been seen in many cars, what works good on one car, may not work as well on another.

They say my car is slow for it's mods?...hmmm ..ok. The Ford GT was like 160+k$ or more and only run's low 11's. The Buggati Veryron has 1000hp and 4 turbos with a 16 cyl engine and only run's 10's and cost over a million dollars, but yet I get called the guy with too many mods that runs too slow for having a P1 procharger, baby cam,, smallish stall, and mid tube headers with cats still on it ??..FML lol
1. What? The only times that stock LS1's will vary from 280rwhp-310rwhp are either a difference in the dyno that was used or the transmission option. With all things being equal, most M6's from the same model year are going to put down very similar numbers, while most A4's from the same model year are going to put down very similar numbers. So, I don't know where you're getting that claim from. Also, if a certain product has been proven time and time again to yield a certain net gain on X application, and then there's one car that comes along that has X application and doesn't see the said gains, wouldn't there be some kind of malfunction going on with that specific car that needs to be dealt with?

2. Are you seriously comparing high-end super cars to your old F-Body Camaro?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

Nice Kill HioSSilver! These street kill stories are always fun.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 457 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Looks like a blast to drive and damn quick. I just don't like the steering wheel.....
I choose it because it was the lightest steering availible
Originally Posted by ZFreie
Are you even clutching? Do you need to with a face plated tranny? I watched the video a BUNCH of times and all I see is your right leg lift on shifts and little if any movement from your left.
I don't use the clutch in wot conditions, I breethe the throttle and pull the gear. Liberty recommends you use the clutch, but it holds up fine as long as you unload the tranny a bit. Under normal driving I use the clutch like anyone else would.
Originally Posted by ALGX

Thanks for posting this, was wondering how it worked in real life.
Alot of people does....it works great in real life too
Old 12-19-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Heater
You keep saying how you are on such low boost and bringing up how Termi's are having to use more boost...that's because they have a lot smaller engine, genius.
I saw your little video and if my car had half the mods your car does, it probably would run 8's. I mean what, there are so many mods to your car that you was having to read them off a sheet of paper.

Looks like I struck a nerve
Struck a nerve!! More like kicked him in the sack with steel toes. LOL
Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Hiho couple things...

Just when I was startin to think your not all that bad...lol Old school Hurst T handle is super cool dude......take a closer look at it

I had to fix 3rd gear fp last winter (with the help of 03turbomach). It held up for 3yrs of beating on it....and I row the gears both ways when the 18's are on it. It's a blast to beat on when on a twisty road. Notch won't ride in it when the 18's are on it.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
lmao did you see the hole drilled in shifter??? CREATIVE lots of little **** to make it not gutted.
I'll take that as a compliment.
Originally Posted by Demon 383
What's with the need for faceplated transmission? I can shift just as fast if not faster than the guy in the video - with a clutch - and thats behind almost 1000whp! Is it just to be different or what?
AAAHHHH......No you can't. It probally feels like you think you can....but you can't. The need for the fp is to remove the sycro's. It also opens the shift window and reduces/almost eliminates missed shifts. RPM is the factor the f-body syncro's have a ruff time dealing with. I could probally pull the gear a little faster...but I don't like fixing it.
Here is your .................................. .....................vs ......................................... my shift process
pressclutch .................................................. .................................................. . breethe throttle
what your rt foot does does'nt matter .................................................. ................ pull the gear
pull the gear
release clutch
There's some vids of the car goin down the track on here, take a look at them and then you will see the difference. The car never unloads once it gets moving.
Originally Posted by Heater
Props to you for posting the video (very cool); you are brave sir because you know that you have opened the door for **** talking.
Thanks.....what **** talking? No **** here
Old 12-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I don't use the clutch in wot conditions, I breethe the throttle and pull the gear. Liberty recommends you use the clutch, but it holds up fine as long as you unload the tranny a bit. Under normal driving I use the clutch like anyone else would.
So like a Motorcycle at WOT?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

So like a Motorcycle at WOT?
You are correct sir. The next step is to install my Lingenfelter load cell ignition cut (which I have). Then I won't have to lift to shift. The shifter has a load cell that cuts the ing. for milleseconds to unload the tranny.

Hopefully I'll get my rear done in a week or two so I can utlize the car a little better at the track next year.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I plan on looking at the sky the first time out in the 331.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 173 Likes on 117 Posts

Damn Hio nice vid. I prefer when I'm in the right seat and the 18s on myself I hope to one day soon reapply the old stepping stone process but I have a lot of warranty to use up first. Nice kill
Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM
10 Second Club

You need to get a pic of that nice brand new 12sec Camaro SS for your avatar now. I just watched the vid on my 55" smart tv. It looks so much smoother on the tv for some reason. It's great for watchin Youtube vids.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-19-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Puppy kicked a 03-04 cobra