Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Callout: Sticks n Stones

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike13
It just works, can't explain it, I think it has a lot to do with supergenius isn't afraid to blow his **** up.
That goes a LONG way in vehicles at these performance levels. Too many guys I know with badass cars making gobs of power and losing to cars and bikes they should romp on because they're afraid of breaking something. I like to build my **** "backwards" so that it can handle the power before I try to put it down. In my mind, it's not backwards.

Or built it power first the way everyone else does and just accept from the start that if you wanna go fast, **** breaks and you WILL have to replace parts eventually. And they're gonna be expensive. It's actually one of the big draws for me when it comes to bikes. I keep this thing between 12k and 16k for 15-20 minute sessions straight all day long at the track days and then take it to the strip the next weekend after an oil change. Most I've ever had to replace was a clutch, and I just put a stock OEM back in. Normal maintenance, tires, and brakes aside from that.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 02-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trav's_TransAm
This thread is awesome and Keith is absolutely right about SG's Honda.
I remember that night when the Honda shocked baker, good times. I think I was riding with Tim cuz my car is too slow for Seattle.
I was a good 3-4 cars behind Spiker when he got on it, first time I ever seen that car run.

Never thought a honda could actually be fast, Mitch and Spiker changed that real quick.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

We have had a lot of fun summers in the past. It just keeps getting better and better
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
No one gives a **** about your car. Stop coming into every thread ohio-style to brag about your $15 hub caps.
dude have you looked at your homo avitar? are you 4x4n for dicks?
stfu trick go smoke some more pole crackhead. internet superhero....
Old 04-07-2012, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

This is a week from today. Don't puss out.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DietCoke
This is a week from today. Don't puss out.
I'll be there. You had better not be calling me out to race you on a day that rains though. have the drunk indian do a no-rain dance or something.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 AM
10 Second Club

Videos tomorrow when I wake up and edit the gopros, **** it's late and im beat. Lots of good runs tonight...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Man, nothing but crickets chirping on the multiple **** storm posts ripping my brother. To the lame asses that talked all that **** behind the keyboard and are not man enough to own up after a STREET CAR ( i.e. no weight reduction, street tires, windows that roll down, AC, FULL interior etc) almost took out your holey grail? Grow a set.

Seriously, a guy with a 14 second LT1 camaro was running his mouth. PATHETIC.

You guys run your mouths, talk all that **** about some one like you would never meet them some time and then when you do, not a friggin peep. ******.

LIFESADRAGQUEEN, just so you know, im not as cool headed as my younger bro. If I ever see you in person there wont be a word exhanged, you will be flat on back and wondering where your teeth went. So much **** comes out of your mouth for such a tiny dude, obviously you need this to happen so you can become an adult.....

On to the next post.....
Old 04-16-2012, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by IROCDave
Man, nothing but crickets chirping on the multiple **** storm posts ripping my brother. To the lame asses that talked all that **** behind the keyboard and are not man enough to own up after a STREET CAR ( i.e. no weight reduction, street tires, windows that roll down, AC, FULL interior etc) almost took out your holey grail? Grow a set.

Seriously, a guy with a 14 second LT1 camaro was running his mouth. PATHETIC.

You guys run your mouths, talk all that **** about some one like you would never meet them some time and then when you do, not a friggin peep. ******.

LIFESADRAGQUEEN, just so you know, im not as cool headed as my younger bro. If I ever see you in person there wont be a word exhanged, you will be flat on back and wondering where your teeth went. So much **** comes out of your mouth for such a tiny dude, obviously you need this to happen so you can become an adult.....

On to the next post.....
Lol... U mad?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

DC,

You seem to be the only non ******* in the group. You got what you wanted, and probably more than you wanted. Might explane the " issues" you had with traction and asking for a 45MPH roll race? Hows it feel getting hole shot by a car with street tires, real street tires?

You pulled Sticks car by 1 - 2 cars on a 45+ roll, own up bro, the results were not what you expected and his car is within a couple of mods of taking that BK crown from you and you know it.

You mad?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DC,

You seem to be the only non ******* in the group. You got what you wanted, and probably more than you wanted. Might explane the " issues" you had with traction and asking for a 45MPH roll race? Hows it feel getting hole shot by a car with street tires, real street tires?

You pulled Sticks car by 1 - 2 cars on a 45+ roll, own up bro, the results were not what you expected and his car is within a couple of mods of taking that BK crown from you and you know it.

You mad?
His car runs hard dave, it would take 40+rwhp to put me ahead in that last race. Diet's car could not dig because of tune issues when he let off the gas while pedaling when it spun.

I'm just hoping that he doesn't get his tune figured out and "find" another 40-50rwhp!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

DC,

You mad?
1-2 Because we ran into traffic? I was only halfway through 3. Its pretty obvious I couldnt hook from a dig on a 40 degree night. I even uploaded the video . Nothing to hide in my camp, the car does what it does. It isnt perfect. I had to park it like four times to reset the silly computer, but it's not like I duck races from anyone (ever). No one has just shown up with some really really fast **** yet. It's only a matter of time.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by supergenius
Not "puts to shame", rahter.... gets by them... WHhch is shamefull enough... There are a BUNCH of gay "street" Hondas up here that make 700-1000 WHP that get around liter bikes... There are a bunch of FWD garbageboxes that do it everyewhere.

Seattle is basically sea level... Id guestimate our "spots" elevation maybe 100-150 feet
Any of these 1000rwhp Hondas that outrun Liter bikes dig race or do you **** roll race up there?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'll be there. You had better not be calling me out to race you on a day that rains though. have the drunk indian do a no-rain dance or something.
Originally Posted by DietCoke
Videos tomorrow when I wake up and edit the gopros, **** it's late and im beat. Lots of good runs tonight...
Dig race is where it's at man. Takes skill to make a car leave hard on the street. A monkey can roll race a car! Takes no skills.. I've seen 11 second cars take down low 10 second cars on the street because the faster dude couldn't launch his car on the street.

Last edited by odarabla; 04-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If I ever see you in person there wont be a word exhanged, you will be flat on back and wondering where your teeth went. So much **** comes out of your mouth for such a tiny dude, obviously you need this to happen so you can become an adult.....
Lets set it up. Make it happen Dave. Time/date?

Tracy didnt say a word to me and I didnt say a word to him. Kept it business.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And with the physical threats comes a warning and a shutdown of this thread. No physical threats of any kind will be tolerated on this site. If you guys wanna continue conversation about this gathering, do so in the new thread they created with the results and keep it civil.

Quick Reply: Callout: Sticks n Stones