Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 z71 silverado
how is it so hard to believe the c6z got beat. ]
People see the C6Z as being WAY faster than a regular C6 Vette for some reason. The main difference stock for stock is around a road course, where a Z will beat a regular vette pretty easily. If you have a modified C6 (even an LS2), they are very similar in overall speed in a straight line (given equal power).

The biggest contributing factor is my lack of experience in the car. I'll fully admit that. Give me a little more time in the car and a couple more practice runs, and I'm sure I'll get the car down. It's the best I could do with pretty much zero experience racing that car.

The same goes for my brother, since he's brand new to drag racing the car (and drag racing in general as he hasn't done it much). He took it to the track and ran I believe a 13.4 his first time out. That's really bad in a Z.

His next pass was a 13.1, then a 13.0, then a 12.6, then a 12.4. He shaved a full second off of his time within 5 passes. He went from trapping 115 to 122. He probably would have kept getting faster, but he had to leave the track to go to work. Also, I had to explain to him to drive around the water box and not light his street tires up because that would just make them slick. He has very little drag racing experience. His only other drag experience was years ago with his bone stock Evo 9. He ran consistent 13.2's at around 105, which is pretty fast for that car.

Eric, did you buy Ryan's GTO??
Old 04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

c6z is lighter then the base c6 and has 100 more hp,better suspension, drivetrain and gears.. the base vs c6z there is no comparison.. My first run with my car was a 12.7.. first time ever down a drag strip.... did you lose to a maroon gto? The guy with the maroon gto said, he beat you by a lot more then what I did and wants to run me... I'm just confirming it with you because word can easly get messed up
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Imstock2
There will always be a faster car... no matter what you have. I am very pleased with my build expecially the way it's holding up to other vehicles around here.. RWHP guy for you... did you even build your car? I bet half of you guys on rwhp don't even know how to change your spark plugs... got to have a shop to do that for you as well. Busted *** vette? Hate much? O wait you don't hate because it has a salvage title... It's trash because I bought it for 6,600$ and completly rebuild it for another 3k$ I call that smart investing Please keep your bs on your own forum website thanks
Yeah no one does their own work and you built that Vette from scratch huh. You went to RPM for heads/cam and a start-up tune...
Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Only thing rpm did was put the ticks master cyclinder and clutch in... They wouldn't of done that if they didn't lie to me... you can check my build thread wise guy I have pictures.. of all my work how about you?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

There will always be a faster car... no matter what you have. I am very pleased with my build expecially the way it's holding up to other vehicles around here.. RWHP guy for you... did you even build your car? I bet half of you guys on rwhp don't even know how to change your spark plugs... got to have a shop to do that for you as well. Busted *** vette? Hate much? O wait you don't hate because it has a salvage title... It's trash because I bought it for 6,600$ and completly rebuild it for another 3k$ I call that smart investing Please keep your bs on your own forum website thanks
actually smart *** i did build my car with my own two hands in my driveway, even though its not that much, and iv also taken cars from a shell to a rolling piece of art that will run 10's or faster all day. i can also tell you that most of the cars on rwhp have been built by their owners. no i dont hate much, the only reason your car has a salvage title is because your dumb *** bought a perfectly good vette and went around driving it like a typical ricer and wrecked it then bought it back and got daddy to hook you up with some parts, but guess what your still a ricer with a vette. you got kicked off of rwhp.us for being a ******* dumbass and spreading your high school bull **** over there and they need to do the same here.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
or this one black z28 with some 17's and a funny exhaust
yea brandon, that one will do just fine too
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Only thing rpm did was put the ticks master cyclinder and clutch in... They wouldn't of done that if they didn't lie to me... you can check my build thread wise guy I have pictures.. of all my work how about you?
so you can put on your own heads and cam but cant put in your own master cylinder an clutch........hmmmmm
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hodge9386
well next time your running around like a high school kid trying to find a race in your busted *** vette and you run across a silver camaro with a cowl hood and fiske wheels please race him and then come back on here and and tell that story.
fikse*.....Sorry, continue the hate.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02ls1z28
fikse*.....Sorry, continue the hate.
I know.. I saw that too.. I wanted to **** slap him fo disrespctin muh' wheels! lol
Old 04-01-2012, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

You should look into meth injection... For boosted cars it does wonders there not that expensive and one of the best $ you could spend on the car.
I might, I know about it and what it can do, but I haven't looked into for the GTO yet. I wanna get the suspension then heads together for now. One thing at a time.
We worked a deal out, but I haven't actually taken it yet. I just jumped in this thread because it was all while I was driving the car the other weekend. I'm not really making a big deal about it, but word is slowly making its way around.

Last edited by madskater5; 04-01-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

so you can put on your own heads and cam but cant put in your own master cylinder an clutch........hmmmmm
This thread is about racing... not a debate about my build.. If you have questions about anything from my entire build then follow my thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ld-list-8.html by all means. o and rwhp.us guys thanks for your input on this. Much appreicated
Old 04-01-2012, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I don't do **** on my own... Why let them do the clutch and master cylinder if you are so handy?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

I said, half you guys... not stating you in particular.. There are some good guys on your site but for the most part there's a lot of imature idiots that think and type stuff that they have no clue about..
Old 04-01-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

actually smart *** i did build my car with my own two hands in my driveway, even though its not that much, and iv also taken cars from a shell to a rolling piece of art that will run 10's or faster all day. i can also tell you that most of the cars on rwhp have been built by their owners. no i dont hate much, the only reason your car has a salvage title is because your dumb *** bought a perfectly good vette and went around driving it like a typical ricer and wrecked it then bought it back and got daddy to hook you up with some parts, but guess what your still a ricer with a vette. you got kicked off of rwhp.us for being a ******* dumbass and spreading your high school bull **** over there and they need to do the same here.
cool story... Wonder where you heard that from.....
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Heard it from you
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Nice pics Packy...show off, lol
Old 04-01-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I bet half of you guys on rwhp don't even know how to change your spark plugs... got to have a shop to do that for you as well.
And you know this from the day you were a member and then banned?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

...by the rwhp crew hahaha
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

so whens your next big race?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got done putting shocks on the car... going to fix the issue this week and then have rpm tune it and fix there mess up this weekend... the 3.90 diff will be in route soon next "big" race? hmm 2 weeks most... O and rwhp.us any of you guys N/a would want to do a roll? in 2 weeks?

Last edited by Imstock2; 04-02-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quick Reply: h/c only ls2 c6 vs bike then turbo civic