Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Calling out 5mall5nail5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
it started as a 3.5. there is a local boosted beamer here that dynoed in the 500s and runs a 13.0. beter look out it might run 12.0s from a dig lol.
Where is "local" because there are no other near 500 hp 5 series around. The 5 is not a popular platform. I know just a bout every big power turbo BMW guy in the country. So please, where is this car? And, no it didn't start as a 3.5.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=5mall5nail5;16096140]It has a 2.8L. I have another motor on a stand that's 3.1L with variable valve timing. Going to max the 76 out. Look out.

To the guys saying "If I put a turbo on my ..." then do it and stop talking about it.[/QUOTE]

My car isn't built for boost but I will gladly show you my tail lights!! Where are you located? I'm in New Orleans..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by odarabla
Not enough!! I have a 5 year member status and I am not better than anyone else on this board! Well all have the right to say what we like as long as we are not directing it towards another member..

MAybe some folks should read the rules before threatening other!!

General Rules

1. Absolutely no mindless flamewars. We encourage you to speak your mind
and debate points. However, your arguements must be stated in a mature
manner.

2. Spamming and/or trolling will absolutely not be tolerated in any form.

3. Do not link to controversial topics on other forums.

4. Any members who threaten anyone with intent to harm financially or
physically will be removed from the site. Should any legal activity occur,
we will also gladly work with the Law Authorities in any case related to
these actions.

5. LS1Tech.com is a work safe environment. All material that isn't safe for
work is strictly prohibited.

6. "What would happen?" threads should be posted in the Dyno & Bench Racing Forum.

7. Posts that stray off topic are subject to being edited in order to keep
them on track or they will be locked.

8. Posts with excessive bench racing are subject to being edited or locked.

9. The 'Street Racing & Kill Stories' section is available for you to post your
street racing kills only. All other posts are subject to being locked (i.e. "I
killed a deer with my car.")

10. Bashing and/or personal attacks on members will not be tolerated.

Other

1. Under the guidelines presented, moderators reserve the right to judge
which threads belong and which do not and act on that judgement. If you
have a complaint about a certain moderator's activities, present your
complaints to one of the forum administrators.

2. If you are a troll and/or a tool who floods the forum with meaningless or
aggressive posts, prepare to be flamed. Users are always promoted to
speak their mind, but being a tool almost always equates a good flaming.
Keep this in mind while posting.

3. By posting or reading this website, you agree to waive all legal rights and
hold harmless this site, the staff, and the owners. If you cannot agree to
these terms, please do not use the forum.

Anyone who agrees to read or use this website must willingly agree to the
rules. Any violation of these rules may result in a removal of your account
without warning. Moderators reserve the right to determine which posts
belong and which do not and act on that judgement. Rules & regulations
are subject to change. Moderators and/or admin reserve the right to
ammend these rules as required.
Oh so you mean the kid who started this broke your forum rules? What a shame. He should show more class!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=odarabla;16096162]
Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5
It has a 2.8L. I have another motor on a stand that's 3.1L with variable valve timing. Going to max the 76 out. Look out.

To the guys saying "If I put a turbo on my ..." then do it and stop talking about it.[/QUOTE]

My car isn't built for boost but I will gladly show you my tail lights!! Where are you located? I'm in New Orleans..
Show me a turbo on your motor how about that? I mean, if you wanted to right?

So many mad people in this thread.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

How did I miss this earlier.

BMW claims to push enough power to beat a low 10, 128 trapping all motor car who can put a 200 shot un top of that?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

When are you puttin an LSX in that BMW like you were talking about?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=5mall5nail5;16096167]
Originally Posted by odarabla

Show me a turbo on your motor how about that? I mean, if you wanted to right?

So many mad people in this thread.
Your barking up the wrong tree. I don't need a turbo to run hard down the track.. I think 130+ trap speeds on motor is good enough..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by the manalishi
when are you puttin an lsx in that bmw like you were talking about?
lmao!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
How did I miss this earlier.

BMW claims to push enough power to beat a low 10, 128 trapping all motor car who can put a 200 shot un top of that?
Claims? BMW put down 686 with a street tune and a slipping clutch on 93 octane and 50:50 water meth (which is what stemmed the original posters anger) without the nitrous on (jetted 150 direct port). Figure it out. Stock cams too lol. 9 degrees of advance. Kind of funny.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
When are you puttin an LSX in that BMW like you were talking about?
I'm not - too heavy and to fit twins in this chassis I would have to relegate the car a race car and I drive this on the street to work a few times a week. The LSX is a good value though - we can't t ouch that kind of pricing on our motors. I almost picked up an LS6 long block w/ high CR ross pistons for my other 5 series but seller flaked and I decided to not look around again. Original plan was to do an LSx and pick up a 2nd PT76 but I just don't think its going to fit practically in this bay. I'd have to put them up front and run a super small radiator. Not interested in that so for now I am building another motor out larger with aggressive cams w/ variable valve timing. That motor is sitting complete in parts in a rubbermaid container - waiting for a clutch to get finished and then machining 'er up.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Claims? BMW put down 686 with a street tune and a slipping clutch on 93 octane and 50:50 water meth (which is what stemmed the original posters anger) without the nitrous on (jetted 150 direct port). Figure it out. Stock cams too lol.

Not saying it doesn't move out. Impressive as **** to be honest. Would be pretty damn fun watching it race OP.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

Not saying it doesn't move out. Impressive as **** to be honest. Would be pretty damn fun watching it race OP.
Yeah it's a shame he has to be such a dick. I do respect all things automotive and simply corrected his wrong posts in another thread and he went batshitinsanecrazy mad at the world. 10.2 is good but I see a kirkley seat in his video so I am sure he's got a stripper there. I've got a daily driver known to freak a few V8s out from time to time. I don't go picking races because that's not my style - I don't have the time to sit on the internet and call out people to drive a half day and race them because they made me mad on the internet. Instead, I challenged him intellectually and he lost. I do all my own building and tuning and have been doing this for some time and in Alchemists thread he told everyone that things were impossible and that people were "stupid" for wanting to run 50:50 water methanol (along with other things). I called him out, he shut down, and he resulted in PMing me and harassing me.

If I raced every person who got angry because they were wrong on the internet I'd have one hell of a gas bill.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. There isnt many engines in this world that are lighter then a aluminum lsx engine. Even counting cast iron 4 cylinders. What does your engine weigh? What kinda engine is it for that matter? I'm not a BMW guy so you will have to tell me what the engine came in...
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

OP did you really say running 50:50 meth is stupid?

lol...
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
10 Second Club

No the 50/50 is not what stemmed this. I told alchemist this before any of this started his stock ring gap was too tight for the boost he was running, and that the reason his rod bent is because the rings butted.

Then things got interesting when the julio thread was going on after he started posting and Alchemist started to drift and wander back into let's run my car under 10.9:1 afr and as low as 10.2:1 and over time the **** out of it to mask a overly rich condition. I told him if he lowered his timing and leaned it out it would make WAY more power than being pig rich like that.

That whole time he was saying his car wasn't a drag car and was a street car and that none of the race car theories applied to his build. Well then he says he is going with 10:1 compression and is going to run 14-15psi of boost on top of that on pump gas!

Then the whole 50/50 vs. 100% methanol discussion came up and I said to run 100% methanol instead of 50/50 for the added octane or lower the compression ratio. That's when all hell broke loose and he called in you his buddy who you so claimed to have no affiliation to this site and that you had never posted here before. Then you say in your 5th post here (as a newb you so say) that you know the alchemist personally. There goes your not affiliated claim right there, and now it's been found that you had an account previously and posted here too!

Where's the confusion?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Damn this is good.

Pump gas 10-15psi starting at 10:1? lolol. I'm running 8psi on a 10.4:1 motor and I'm praying to god everyday my water meth is working good. With a 35:65 mixture, 23-24* and afr at 11.3-11.5.

Would love to see a 10:1 10-15psi pump gas 10.2afr car. Let's start a pool on how long it takes to blow.

I say 1 week of heavy use. $50.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Hmm. There isnt many engines in this world that are lighter then a aluminum lsx engine. Even counting cast iron 4 cylinders. What does your engine weigh? What kinda engine is it for that matter? I'm not a BMW guy so you will have to tell me what the engine came in...
I was originally looking at the GMPP LSX block, which is quite heavy. I figured at least as heavy as the truck motors?

I've had a few bad experiences with aluminum blocks (slipped liners) so when I intend to run boost I try and stick with iron blocks. My engine is a bit of a hybrid its an M50B25 (2.5L) Non-Vanos (aka fixed cams, no variable valve timing). I bored it out and put a forged 2.8 crank in it. Its about 380 - 400 lbs the way I have it. I figure once adding the turbos and dual wastegates to the V8 I wasn't going to like how it sat/handled in the car very much. Current motor has wiseco pistons and eagle rods. 1/2" GM head studs, etc.

New engine is bored out 0.040" more than current, o-ringed, wisecos again, K1 rods, 3.2L crank (forged), variable valve timing with cams, 1/2" studs again, etc., etc.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Just for the sake of defending the 50/50 vs 100% meth mix. Only reason not to run 100% is because of safety.... It raises your octane a **** ton but I don't think many street cars need to be running at 120+ octane.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah it's a shame he has to be such a dick. I do respect all things automotive and simply corrected his wrong posts in another thread and he went batshitinsanecrazy mad at the world. 10.2 is good but I see a kirkley seat in his video so I am sure he's got a stripper there. I've got a daily driver known to freak a few V8s out from time to time. I don't go picking races because that's not my style - I don't have the time to sit on the internet and call out people to drive a half day and race them because they made me mad on the internet. Instead, I challenged him intellectually and he lost. I do all my own building and tuning and have been doing this for some time and in Alchemists thread he told everyone that things were impossible and that people were "stupid" for wanting to run 50:50 water methanol (along with other things). I called him out, he shut down, and he resulted in PMing me and harassing me.

If I raced every person who got angry because they were wrong on the internet I'd have one hell of a gas bill.
You are the first person to ever get the honor of me calling them out, I hope you are flattered I saved my call out cherry for you.

I never said it was stupid, I said it's not a good idea in his build as I stated in post above.

LOL I never lost, there is no losing this is the internet like you said right? Can't get mad right?

LOL stripper?

You want to see my stock passenger leather seat, and FULL interior? The only thing the inside of my car doesn't have is a center console and a back seat. The car is not gutted by any means, it still has every single plastic interior piece in it. Ever heard of chromoly?

Simply corrected my wrong posts? You sure are being modest.

I pm'd you asking when you wanted to meet me at mir after you proved that you knew the alchemist and your middle man claim was null.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

OP did you really say running 50:50 meth is stupid?

lol...
Yes, he did. And then he deleted about 30 posts from a thread to cover himself.

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
No the 50/50 is not what stemmed this. I told alchemist this before any of this started his stock ring gap was too tight for the boost he was running, and that the reason his rod bent is because the rings butted.
His rod didn't bend because of the ring gap. The chamber had taken on coolant obviously he had a gigantic crack in the block.

Then things got interesting when the julio thread was going on after he started posting and Alchemist started to drift and wander back into let's run my car under 10.9:1 afr and as low as 10.2:1 and over time the **** out of it to mask a overly rich condition. I told him if he lowered his timing and leaned it out it would make WAY more power than being pig rich like that.

That whole time he was saying his car wasn't a drag car and was a street car and that none of the race car theories applied to his build. Well then he says he is going with 10:1 compression and is going to run 14-15psi of boost on top of that on pump gas!
And there is nothing wrong with 10:1 compression with the ideal ring gap setup and 1 bar of boost (remember, a CF supercharger produces 15 psi well north of the torque peak, the knock threshold is minimal). The ring and wall clearance will be properly setup for it.

Then the whole 50/50 vs. 100% methanol discussion came up and I said to run 100% methanol instead of 50/50 for the added octane or lower the compression ratio. That's when all hell broke loose and he called in you his buddy who you so claimed to have no affiliation to this site and that you had never posted here before. Then you say in your 5th post here (as a newb you so say) that you know the alchemist personally. There goes your not affiliated claim right there, and now it's been found that you had an account previously and posted here too!

Where's the confusion?
Why? Why would h e run 100% methanol? You should get away from the janky water/meth kits you guys run. Take a look at the Aquamist setups. There are guys running 25% meth 75% water with insane figures. Water cools, meth heats. He's not hurting for octane he's hurting for cooling. Not to mention that water provides an increased in cylinder pressure alone - it performs fantastic. I was, ,at one point, running 100% water with great results.

Damn this is good.

Pump gas 10-15psi starting at 10:1? lolol. I'm running 8psi on a 10.4:1 motor and I'm praying to god everyday my water meth is working good. With a 35:65 mixture, 23-24* and afr at 11.3-11.5.

Would love to see a 10:1 10-15psi pump gas 10.2afr car. Let's start a pool on how long it takes to blow.

I say 1 week of heavy use. $50.
Fatten your car up to 10.7 - 11.2 and you won't be worrying so much. Seriously - if you guys ran better water/meth setups you wouldn't feel so hopeless.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Just for the sake of defending the 50/50 vs 100% meth mix. Only reason not to run 100% is because of safety.... It raises your octane a **** ton but I don't think many street cars need to be running at 120+ octane.
Are you serious?

His buddy who he was backing up wants to run 10:1 compression on a boosted motor on 15psi. I don't think pump gas is going to like that without running 10* timing or running it so rich that it masks the overtimed condition, wastes gas, and makes less power.

Quick Reply: Calling out 5mall5nail5