Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

careful what you wish for: battle for traction... 11 cobra vs 00 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic
says the guy who can barely outrun a stock gto with a bad driver
4-5 car lengths by the end of 3rd gear is "barely"?
Old 04-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Street racing isn't one of the reasons for it though. Just saying...
My mistake. I thought we were talking about fast cars here. Just saying...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You didn't see his thread where he barely edged out a S2000? Let me find it...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...e-quicker.html
so a race from 60-100 when my car was bone stock is something your going to bring up? your so smart haha bring you mach1 out so we can see how slow you car really is junior
Old 04-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

so a race from 60-100 when my car was bone stock is something your going to bring up? your so smart haha bring you mach1 out so we can see how slow you car really is junior

Why should I race a stock automatic LS1? That was a good race against me when I was stock. Show me a timeslip of yours that would even make it worth my gas.

Might want to stick to the 2v's there junior.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectD
My mistake. I thought we were talking about fast cars here. Just saying...
We are talking about a 4th gen fbody here... So you were clearly mistaken.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This story must be BS because nothing can happen on the street, we all know that.
OP, how dare you street race with a prego girlfriend with you? Don't you know the importance of all our judgements and personal opinions are here in SR&K? Your two month old unborn baby experiencing 12 second acceleration will lead to a better reaction time during labor... You terrible terrible man... How will I ever sleep tonight knowing **** like this happens out in the real world..?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Why should I race a stock automatic LS1? That was a good race against me when I was stock. Show me a timeslip of yours that would even make it worth my gas.

Might want to stick to the 2v's there junior.
as stated,, its "stockish" and you talk a whole lot of **** for someone who doesn't have anything to back it up with. and your right, it would be a waste of gas for you to come up here and get stomped and ride back home in tears. but maybe the royal *** whoopin would convince you to ditch your rust bucket and get a real car.

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
priceless, she was crying she was laughing so hard
Old 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

well anything can happen on the street ,,congrats on the pull/race u had vs the stang.....
Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Your two month old unborn baby experiencing 12 second acceleration will lead to a better reaction time during labor... You terrible terrible man... How will I ever sleep tonight knowing **** like this happens out in the real world..?
SIG WORTHY!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

as stated,, its "stockish" and you talk a whole lot of **** for someone who doesn't have anything to back it up with. and your right, it would be a waste of gas for you to come up here and get stomped and ride back home in tears. but maybe the royal *** whoopin would convince you to ditch your rust bucket and get a real car.
Won't tell anyone your mods...have no timeslips to prove anything...Me thinks you are just a lonely slow idiot with a next to stock A4 LS1 that wishes he could outrun a Mustang. Nice fairy tale of a thread here also.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I heard stock a4 ls1s outrun modded mach1s every day.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Won't tell anyone your mods...have no timeslips to prove anything...Me thinks you are just a lonely slow idiot with a next to stock A4 LS1 that wishes he could outrun a Mustang. Nice fairy tale of a thread here also.
Some folks are just uptight and feel that everything needs to be proven. And then there's other folks that are more laid back and just don't give two ***** about proving a damn thing to some whiny internet joe that don't believe **** and always feels the need to complain about it.

Good job Arctic for pulling away from a much more powerful car that couldn't get enough traction.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

I just wanted to let you guys know this really did happen! I know because I was there while he was dreaming about being as fast as me!!

Last edited by odarabla; 04-03-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Teching In

i love when im gone a couple days then i come back and i get to catch up on my reading
1. last time i checked i gave you the time my car ran bone stock with slippery street tires on.
2. if i have to tell you my mods, your cars not fast enough to keep up
3. to this date i have only been beaten by a twin turbo sn95 and a turbo 08 gt. never had any other mustang (including mach1's) beat me.
4. timeslips dont mean **** on the street.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Some folks are just uptight and feel that everything needs to be proven. And then there's other folks that are more laid back and just don't give two ***** about proving a damn thing to some whiny internet joe that don't believe **** and always feels the need to complain about it.

Good job Arctic for pulling away from a much more powerful car that couldn't get enough traction.
someone with more sense than ignorance, finally. thank you for proving that there are still a few people here with more brainpower than a goldfish
Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I have forgotten what times you posted. So if you can repost them along with a pic of the timeslip.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 04-05-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

so i decided to take the wife out in the t/a tonight for a cruise (having a baby on the way i dont think there will be much time for it anymore) saw a couple cars but they didnt want to play, except the slow 3 series bmw. so i decided to call it a night and head home. as we are about to get off on our exit i see headlights on the other side of the highway. as soon as it passes i knew it was a new stang. ive been dying to see what my car will do against one so i hurried up and got back on the highway and chased him down. mind you its almost 1 am and there are no other cars for miles. only real problem is it was about 42 degrees out. anyways i did a little flyby just to see if he was game. sure enough as soon as i got a car ahead (i wass off the throttle) he hit it and came back up beside me.i was all excited until i looked down on his fender and saw this little chrome cobra staring at me.. so i drop down into 2nd gear doing about 50 and wait for him to honk.. nothing, so i go aheaad and honk it of and punch it. instantly i pull a good car car and a half and keep pulling slowly. by 80 hes back at my bumper when whoops, forgot to put it back in 3rd so i bounced off the limiter. im thinking to myself theres no friggin way i just pulled a brand new supercharged 5.0. so we get side by side again, this time i drop down to first doing about 25 (best spot for my car) and i honk it again. im instantly 3 cars out and pulling hard through second. i wait for the guy to catch up and asked if he wanted to stop at a local hangout so we pulled off and b/s'ed for bout half an hour. turns out his clutch was slipping and he couldnt get traction to save his life. said it put down around 650 whp. and also turns out the guy used to own my t/a which i thought was kind of funny. all in all it was a good night and i wish i could meet more mustang owners like that.
if it's a shelby, it's a 5.4 liter. i think the only way you're getting a supercharged 5 liter, is to buy a roush, or buy a motorsports blower, and install it.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1ltcap
if it's a shelby, it's a 5.4 liter. i think the only way you're getting a supercharged 5 liter, is to buy a roush, or buy a motorsports blower, and install it.
ohio already cleared that one up. i just wasnt sure. guy rattled off a bunch of stuff, and i know squat about new stangs, thats why i keep you guys around haha
Old 04-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Timeslip?
Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Well I have forgotten what times you posted. So if you can repost them along with a pic of the timeslip.
sorry, being almost 2 years ago cant find em, if i do ill post it. as stated, car wouldnt hook to save its life. as it sits now untuned i would guess it would run well over a second quicker. and with a dr and a tune,

Quick Reply: careful what you wish for: battle for traction... 11 cobra vs 00 trans am