Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redctsv
Oh you guys are making me! Im an ok driver i guess. Im no Ju1ce that for sure!
I have to say that you should have been on him or pull a 1/2 car on him. Now if you z is like your sig say that it's tuned then you should have beat it with no problem.

Once the video is up then we will know if it's the driver mod. Hey it happens I have better days then others how I bang gears.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Teching In

http://youtu.be/H1X7wfRNFWo

Bolt on Busa and on a clean run when they both hit it.. he gets pulled. GTR is fast for sure..

As for the other gtr.. I didn't take vids.

Car is completely stock.

did a 10 mph roll till about 120mph, and the stock Z got walked. I'm not sure what was going on that night, cause having a C6Z from stock to nitrous.. the stock Z should have walked the GTR or from a slow roll at least made it more challenging.. might have been in wrong gear or whatever.. but Z guy is cool. He said it just didn't feel right that night.. so going to get a tune up and maybe some secret sauce parts.. If we have a grudge rematch it might be a different story.

5.0 has intake exhaust and tune and when we ran.. it was about a car half from my judgement.. there was one roll where he honked off and went on 2 and I was like.. "This ******.." Lol.. I know he gopro'd it so we shall se what we'll see.. most runs though was about a car half in the lead. I didn't get to see the race between the Z and the 5.0. so I don't know what happened.

also ran a new SS camaro with bolt ons. He did pretty good as well. beat him by about a car half. Fun night overall. Very impressed with the SPE1000 Gtr.. might need to do some mods on mine.. but like the phoenix.. my C6Z06 will rise from the ashes.. and lay the smack down on unsuspecting fools.. I'm hoping it will be done by the end of the month.

Last edited by RSKY; 04-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

those fliping gtr's are very impressive ,,nice video..love the ending run
Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I ******* hate GTRs.

When I told my buddies down here I was making a TT vette to try to beat a 1130awhp GTR 90% of them jumped on the "dude get a GTR bro" band wagon.

**** dat ****.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GIO-305
I have to say that you should have been on him or pull a 1/2 car on him. Now if you z is like your sig say that it's tuned then you should have beat it with no problem.

Once the video is up then we will know if it's the driver mod. Hey it happens I have better days then others how I bang gears.
First to clear things up that is NOT me or my car that the OP was referring to in his post. Hell i live a few thousand miles from where the races occured. Hugger1975 and willizm where saying that If i were me driving that z06 that it would have been a much different outcome.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Launching!

A stock z06 against Rskys stock gtr...even with a great driver Id probally still put money on his gtr.

Some are just fast. Rsky always gets lucky with stock beaste. His stock nsx was blazeing fast for a supossed 290 hp car and hung with my 380 rwhp c5..

Then his stock z06 hit 455 rwhp on the same dyno were other stock z06s hit 425 rwhp...

He was 455 sae...thing was a stock freight train.

Seems he has gotten lucky again with a monster stock gtr.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I ******* hate GTRs.

When I told my buddies down here I was making a TT vette to try to beat a 1130awhp GTR 90% of them jumped on the "dude get a GTR bro" band wagon.

**** dat ****.
Considering your sig, if there's one thing true, it's that you can't stop talking about them.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Driver mod needed for the Z...

Ive beat my friends stock GTR with my mild head cam fbody. Im sure a Z will beat me anytime.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RSKY
my C6Z06 will rise from the ashes.. and lay the smack down on unsuspecting fools.. I'm hoping it will be done by the end of the month.
Nice vid! Please update me on what happened to your z06? Any clues to us as to what the plans are, or are we left to be teased and wait?
Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I ******* hate GTRs.
Their looks are still yet to fully grow on me, but I doubt even the most thickheaded of a person can ignore their potential and performance
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 AM
TECH Regular

Nice video. That GTR moves out! I think I need more power. haha.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sslateron
Is it me or more and more GTRs are making their way over on this forum?
I can't speak for the entire GTR crowd, but I have owned an F-Body and Vette previously. This is a great forum with an active street race/kill section --- That is why I never left and probably why some GTR guys would show up here.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Nice vid! Please update me on what happened to your z06? Any clues to us as to what the plans are, or are we left to be teased and wait?

Their looks are still yet to fully grow on me, but I doubt even the most thickheaded of a person can ignore their potential and performance
Long story short, valve dropped and wedged into the side wall and piston and caused catastrophic failure. block cracked and so on.. I don't know what caused it, but if you ask my wife she'll tell you my stupid nitrous did it. My tuner doesn't believe it did.

So.. after sitting for so long finally getting the motor ordered. Sticking with the LS7. Very excited about it. I won't post what I hope for in case it falls short.. but I think it will be a monster.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I want to know mods on the 5.0 to actually pull the Z06.
It better have a blower, it's not everyday a 114+ trap car pulls a 123+ trap car. I say zo6 driver sucks the big one....
Old 04-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RSKY
Long story short, valve dropped and wedged into the side wall and piston and caused catastrophic failure. block cracked and so on.. I don't know what caused it, but if you ask my wife she'll tell you my stupid nitrous did it. My tuner doesn't believe it did.

So.. after sitting for so long finally getting the motor ordered. Sticking with the LS7. Very excited about it. I won't post what I hope for in case it falls short.. but I think it will be a monster.
A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to his. It was a bolt-on cam only car, and they narrowed it down to being that the factory exhaust valve in the ls7 are 2-piece (head and stem). They say the agressiveness of the aftermarket cam plus the pressure of the upgraded valve spring seperates the two in some cases. If you research it this you will find others with this problem.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Killemall
A stock z06 against Rskys stock gtr...even with a great driver Id probally still put money on his gtr.

Some are just fast. Rsky always gets lucky with stock beaste. His stock nsx was blazeing fast for a supossed 290 hp car and hung with my 380 rwhp c5..

Then his stock z06 hit 455 rwhp on the same dyno were other stock z06s hit 425 rwhp...

425!?!? From a c6z.... Thats cam only ls1 power
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Killemall

Now we're just getting stupid
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

I am a believer in GTRs and their awesome potential. I just ******* hate them. I'd be fast too if I had a damn car that went 0-60 in 0.004 seconds.

All joking aside GTRs are awesome but I have an outstanding grudge with them beacuse people here think GTR are the fastest things known to man. So. To disprove that, a TT drag vette must be brought to rule the streets. 5th gen just weighs too much to ever really be competitive at high levels and the amount of work and money that I would have to put into it to beat a 1130awhp GTR would just be stupid and not worth it.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

the GTR platform is the best you can get other then the gallardo. they are the 2 fastest cars on the street. given the transmission is nice on there car its not much different then just having an auto. some of these fast lambos are regular H patter 6 speed and they still fly. bottom line is that both those car are AWD and can make well over 1000whp so to beat them will never be easy because they get traction easily and put the power down.

fastest RWD car around right now is a supra with 1400whp. it seems to put the power down well. but still got beat down by a gallardo. it did however take down alot of the high hp GTR's. this is all street cars i am talking about drag is obviously a different ball game.

i love the GTR i will probably pick one up one day. that or a 996 GT2.

here is the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhys...ure=plpp_video
Old 04-09-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
not all dyno's read the same, mine made 431 stock
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

I'm switching sides too. Going from the Blown Z06 to a GT-R. Hopefully in a year I'll have some serious mods on it.

Quick Reply: street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!