Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
It better have a blower, it's not everyday a 114+ trap car pulls a 123+ trap car. I say zo6 driver sucks the big one....
I would agree for sure. I raced a C6 ls3 when my manual was bolt ons. Vette had tune/cai /catback. Was a close race with me getting him by a car and half. Same C6 got spanked by a stock Z06 right after. I never got to run the Z06. But I know it would have spanked me.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
not all dyno's read the same, mine made 431 stock
I agree 100%, but your numbers seem below average also. Any time slips I may have missed from your car? No offense, but that was either the worst combination of dyno/climate I have ever heard of or something was wrong with your car. I to take dyno numbers witha grain of salt but maybe some other cars that ran on your heartbreaker would help give me closure! LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I would agree for sure. I raced a C6 ls3 when my manual was bolt ons. Vette had tune/cai /catback. Was a close race with me getting him by a car and half. Same C6 got spanked by a stock Z06 right after. I never got to run the Z06. But I know it would have spanked me.
They are fast! A stock one can hurt some feelings quick. The absolute next car to add to my stable. Ever road in one?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Prolly just a low reading dyno, my buddies challenger dynod lower there then most for his mods but Idk any Z06s that have used their dyno. Seen some make 425 as well on some dynos, but an average dyno jet numbers (which I didn't use) usually 44x-45x's. All I know is I gained over 21whp from just adding my first baseline tune (only 11.8 afr) then ran out of dyno time when my tuner finished it off at 12.3-12.5 cant remember. Me and another local took a ride in each others car his bone stock and mine with stuff in Sig me and him agreed mine was no doubt faster, so the numbers it is what it is
Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
They are fast! A stock one can hurt some feelings quick. The absolute next car to add to my stable. Ever road in one?
Yep. Road in buddies stock 10 Z. It was fast for sure. Yet I know I can take it. He will not even race me after riding in my car. I also just road in another buddies 09 with h/c/I/e. That thing is a monster. No sought he can take me by feeling way car pulls. He made best of 580whp on same dyno Ijust made 639whp. But that thing is a monster. He is about 550lbs maybe more lighter then me and it is like a rocket. He road in my car as well and thinks it be fun run but I know better.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Yep. Road in buddies stock 10 Z. It was fast for sure. Yet I know I can take it. He will not even race me after riding in my car. I also just road in another buddies 09 with h/c/I/e. That thing is a monster. No sought he can take me by feeling way car pulls. He made best of 580whp on same dyno Ijust made 639whp. But that thing is a monster. He is about 550lbs maybe more lighter then me and it is like a rocket. He road in my car as well and thinks it be fun run but I know better.
Dont be scared homie! Its all for fun right.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redctsv
Dont be scared homie! Its all for fun right.
Not scarred. Just have fidn the time to run them really. I just got my car back from retuned for stall. Hopefully get to track friday with it. But see if acts right. Seems stall is slipping in third gear around 6000 rpms where i come into about 8.5-9lbs boost. Was slipping on dyno causing boost to drop and rpms then it would come back on hard. On the street it seemed fine though when took for some final street tuning shifts. We will see soon enough. I will be annoyed I have to pull it back ut to send stall to be fixed. Stupid thing was new...LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I think you can take him if you tune and shifts are correct.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Not scarred. Just have fidn the time to run them really. I just got my car back from retuned for stall. Hopefully get to track friday with it. But see if acts right. Seems stall is slipping in third gear around 6000 rpms where i come into about 8.5-9lbs boost. Was slipping on dyno causing boost to drop and rpms then it would come back on hard. On the street it seemed fine though when took for some final street tuning shifts. We will see soon enough. I will be annoyed I have to pull it back ut to send stall to be fixed. Stupid thing was new...LOL
Ouch! yeah that would suck if stall is slipping already.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redctsv
Ouch! yeah that would suck if stall is slipping already.
Yes it will.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I think you can take him if you tune and shifts are correct.
At the track maybe since he has a lot more to.do to run fast. Traction/shift etc. On the street I don't think so.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Youll lose. Need around 700 rwhp in your car to run with a 580 rwhp z06
Old 04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
Youll lose. Need around 700 rwhp in your car to run with a 580 rwhp z06
On street agree. At the track I have huge advantages.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Theres no huge advantage in a 128 mph mustang.

The z06 will hit that 128 mph with just 500 rwhp. 580 rwhp and its a solid 135 mph car.

You can talk about gearing and tires all day but with a likely 7 mph advantage it will run you down well before the 1320.

Head and cammed z06s usually weigh even less than stockers. They are not to be focked with
Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 AM
10 Second Club

Theres no huge advantage in a 128 mph mustang.

The z06 will hit that 128 mph with just 500 rwhp. 580 rwhp and its a solid 135 mph car.

You can talk about gearing and tires all day but with a likely 7 mph advantage it will run you down well before the 1320.

Head and cammed z06s usually weigh even less than stockers. They are not to be focked with
I have seen plenty of h/c vettes c6/Z run way slower then they should. And not trap what they should. Not good enough tires, bad launch spinning, miss a gear etc. Specially since he drives on invo's. Great tire just not best for drag racing from a dig at the track. All this while my car dead hooks and goes. Don't miss a shift and shifts perfect every time. Even now more with the stall and cutting better 60fts and increase of trap I should see 3-5mph. This isn't the street where he has a 1/2 mile to catch up or gets to go from a 60 roll so he don't spin. One error and its toast. I will hit track Friday to see how everything goes with stall. Hopefully I don't see same issue as did on dyno.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:34 AM
10 Second Club

Oh for comparison sake car made 587whp on a mustang dyno. After the stall and driveshaft and new tune. Last dyno was on a dynojet.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smg944
the GTR platform is the best you can get other then the gallardo. they are the 2 fastest cars on the street. given the transmission is nice on there car its not much different then just having an auto. some of these fast lambos are regular H patter 6 speed and they still fly. bottom line is that both those car are AWD and can make well over 1000whp so to beat them will never be easy because they get traction easily and put the power down.

fastest RWD car around right now is a supra with 1400whp. it seems to put the power down well. but still got beat down by a gallardo. it did however take down alot of the high hp GTR's. this is all street cars i am talking about drag is obviously a different ball game.

i love the GTR i will probably pick one up one day. that or a 996 GT2.

here is the vid.
]

-not exactly
. Not all Lamborghini's are AWD. That...and a great "boost by gear" or boost controller is what makes them hook and book.

Car makes X amount of power at X amount of speed/gear...shift...makes XX power at this speed....shift...XXX...etc etc etc.

Setup is key,...AWD ain't the end all be all.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

all the fast cars are running that same boost controller style gear/boost. most of the galllardo's including the fastest one to date is AWD i would say there is the advantage right there. followed the gtr which is also AWD.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Awd is the shizzle. I dont want a gtr but theres no denying that awd is the way of the future.

The car hooked 900 awhp better than my car hooks 550. Actually much better.

Honestly a rwd manual car almost feels handicapped to me in street racing these days. If I had the coin I would get an lp560 in a second. Sure 11.3 at 126-128 mph dosent seem crazy impressive. But it can do that every single time from any roll speed. A viper z06 or zr1 simply cant.

Im gonna build my viper this year to 620 rwhp naturally asperated and while it will be fun for sure I still cant write off barely modded gtrs and gallardos because of that pesky awd and paddle shift.

Almost dont even wanna build anymore. If your not pushing atleaste 700 rwhp you might still be beat by a 550 awhp paddle shift car.

Fock
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 431 Likes on 338 Posts

Awd is the shizzle. I dont want a gtr but theres no denying that awd is the way of the future.

The car hooked 900 awhp better than my car hooks 550. Actually much better.

Honestly a rwd manual car almost feels handicapped to me in street racing these days. If I had the coin I would get an lp560 in a second. Sure 11.3 at 126-128 mph dosent seem crazy impressive. But it can do that every single time from any roll speed. A viper z06 or zr1 simply cant.

Im gonna build my viper this year to 620 rwhp naturally asperated and while it will be fun for sure I still cant write off barely modded gtrs and gallardos because of that pesky awd and paddle shift.

Almost dont even wanna build anymore. If your not pushing atleaste 700 rwhp you might still be beat by a 550 awhp paddle shift car.

Fock
x2....awd + turbo's are the future....same with those gearboxes.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
x2....awd + turbo's are the future....same with those gearboxes.
I'm surprised to see you say this. Both of you are completely correct. AWD is a disadvantage at the track compared to RWD with slicks and proper setup, but on the street with normal rubber it's the opposite.

Hell, i ran 0-60 in 3.3 on a 20 degree night with mediocre 235 street tires. AWD isn't magic, but on an unprepped surface it's a big advantage at lower speeds.

The transmissions in these high end cars really are magic from a roll. From a dig some of them can be a disadvantage (BMWs for example) but after the launch the twin clutch cars are just beastly, and you can see it in the trap speeds which are always a bit higher than the same car with an old-school stick.

Quick Reply: street raced in the fastest car Ive ever been in!