Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

auto camaro 2010 L99 vs auto 5.0 mustang gt

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 PM
doesn't know what quit means

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
YOu also said he didn't have same mods when he ran G8..so it don't matter. As Said I had a G8 that made 370whp with bolt ons and 489whp on the spray. On motor I lost to a few tuned x pipe manuals with 3.73's and then a couple tune geared auto's. On teh spray they was no where close to me. The one manual I raced looked liek your 40 roll with that stang. I would beat tuned/codl air/catback camaro's all the time. Auto's and manuals.
The only difference was the C&L cai and 410s. I thought you said they didnt help. Now make up your mind
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This.
Of course you would jump in on this party. Oh noes! A Chevy lost to a Ford! It's GOTTA be NAWWWWZZZZZ!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Lol, it was a gap man. A ******' gap!!! Lol. Not knockin' you there though btw. I agree the first couple looked good, but things get ugly after a few more seconds ... right?
He can't accept it...he's always justifying and making excuses. I guess there's a "denial" stage of losing to a 5.0? But...what...if...I did this and it hurt me...if he did this it'd be closer...you said it was a gap?! NO it wasn't...my tune wasn't settled...I wore my hat forward instead of backward that day. ******* annoying.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

I think he used spray on a few of those runs...theres no way he falls back that far and then come flying by you like that in such a short distance..he was running atleast 20mph faster than you on one of those runs.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Oh by the way straight pipes will not kill your top end..if that were true people would not use cutouts..you want less back pressure at higher rpm's.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by lablackbeast
The only difference was the C&L cai and 410s. I thought you said they didnt help. Now make up your mind
I said the cold air didnt help. The 4.10's will indeed so go back read what teh **** I said. And you said he changed his tune as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
He can't accept it...he's always justifying and making excuses. I guess there's a "denial" stage of losing to a 5.0? But...what...if...I did this and it hurt me...if he did this it'd be closer...you said it was a gap?! NO it wasn't...my tune wasn't settled...I wore my hat forward instead of backward that day. ******* annoying.
HAHA..but so true.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

I don't see what's hard to believe. The Camaro is probably down or right at the Mustang's level concerning horsepower, the Camaro is definitely the heavier of the two cars, and it lacks the 4.10 gear that the Mustang has. Not to mention the gain the Mustang has with a dyno tune versus a canned tune.

And for those of you who actually believe the Mustang is spraying... Have you never raced a car you got the jump on because of traction issues and then got pulled away from when the other car got traction? Well probably not seeing as how it's impossible for some of you guys to lose.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS WON A4
I don't see what's hard to believe. The Camaro is probably down or right at the Mustang's level concerning horsepower, the Camaro is definitely the heavier of the two cars, and it lacks the 4.10 gear that the Mustang has. Not to mention the gain the Mustang has with a dyno tune versus a canned tune.

And for those of you who actually believe the Mustang is spraying... Have you never raced a car you got the jump on because of traction issues and then got pulled away from when the other car got traction? Well probably not seeing as how it's impossible for some of you guys to lose.
Ok lets put your theory to the test..what do you think these two cars mph would be in the 1/4? I would say no more than 5mph..heres an example for you.Car A is doing 60mph and car B is doing 55mph,How much distance will car A put on car B in one hour? the answer is 26,400 feet in one hour and 440 feet in one minute..no way in hell the 5.0 was not spraying. he had that on him in about 16 seconds.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I said the cold air didnt help. The 4.10's will indeed so go back read what teh **** I said. And you said he changed his tune as well.
Look little bitch i am tired of your ******* **** already, last time when i beat the other ******* 5.0 you were bitching about several little ******* things so shut your ******* mouth and stop being a nutswinger already. I am tired of your ******* excuses the most he pulled on most of the races was 3-4 lengths. I only have 350 bucks at the most on the l99 i am happy the way it ******* runs now dont make me bring that cobra with only 499rwhp to keep up with your 620rwhp POS again
Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Look little bitch i am tired of your ******* **** already, last time when i beat the other ******* 5.0 you were bitching about several little ******* things so shut your ******* mouth and stop being a nutswinger already. I am tired of your ******* excuses the most he pulled on most of the races was 3-4 lengths. I only have 350 bucks at the most on the l99 i am happy the way it ******* runs now dont make me bring that cobra with only 499rwhp to keep up with your 620rwhp POS again
Show me a cobra that stayed with me with 499whp..haha..

Second **** stick I don't care how much you have in your car..and 3-5 cars...ya OK if you say so..we all seen the video's. He raped the hell out you. Spray no spray. Your excusses of BS straight pipe/cold airs you know nothing about. Its all facts he raped your car. And all facts to you was the bitch. But what expect driving a 5th Gen.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Of course you would jump in on this party. Oh noes! A Chevy lost to a Ford! It's GOTTA be NAWWWWZZZZZ!
For SURE!!!

I said it earlier in the thread too. Seems funny that the gear helped him from a roll more than a dig, and at higher speeds more than lower speeds. Those cars should be closer than that, unless op's tune is jacked.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
For SURE!!!

I said it earlier in the thread too. Seems funny that the gear helped him from a roll more than a dig, and at higher speeds more than lower speeds. Those cars should be closer than that, unless op's tune is jacked.
Dig is all traction..you could see he spun hard. And mustang best rolls was 40 roll where he stayed even on hit then rolled out..all in the gearing..auto don't have best gearing for roll racing.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

I know he did all those things i didnt mean that he did just like a programmer thing ... But i wanted the wideband since the get go and still want a wide band and WOT runs and for him to tune 4th and 5th cause according to him he only tuned 1, 2, 3 btw he basictlly did what he did with my homeboys truck he slapped the file out of another camaro
He did not Copy & Paste. I was right there... Jake does not do that, What u just said gives good tuner's a bad name. He also offered to retune with wideband For dirt cheap and u said u would get at him when funds were better.. and i qoute jake "I didn't copy & paste from another Camaro lol".. The only reason i commented on this is to clear up what u said, if u tuned u would see what a programmer actually does, which is $hit! They suck an wouldnt put one on my lawnmower..
Old 04-10-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No spray, 5.0 was on street tires. What does an L99 camaro trap 110? Tune/gear 5.0 will go 115-117. That why he rolls past its not hard to believe. Im an lsx guy but damn between the Gm nutswingers on here and the Ford nutswingers on svtp its hard to even read these dumbass threads.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

Straight pipes create less back pressure, right? So with less back pressure you'll have slightly less low end torque, but that should increase your top end. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that's how it goes. So OP doesn't really know what straight pipes did to his car.

Also, OP, are you running premium gas in your car? I'm pretty sure that L99 will lose GOBS of power if you don't put premium in it, it will retard the timing and you can lose up to 20WHP from what I have heard.

Both very nice cars, didn't know a 5.0 would pull a 6.2 Camaro so hard though, must be a hell of a tune or a lot of spray.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Teching In

HMM i ran a 5.0 with TB headers cat back DRs tune CAI it was a auto car. my mods are headers tune CAI no cats street tires and pulled him by 2 cars and didnt look back either u have a shitty tune or something!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by bloodthirstycamaro11
HMM i ran a 5.0 with TB headers cat back DRs tune CAI it was a auto car. my mods are headers tune CAI no cats street tires and pulled him by 2 cars and didnt look back either u have a shitty tune or something!!
I only have a tune. I do not have headers nor intake. Thats probably whats helping you the most
Old 04-11-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Resident

the kinds of cold air intakes they sell for cars now, i've never believed in. whereas the factory air box gets its air from outside of the engine compartment(usually in a fenderwell, or behind a headlight), these things bring the pick-up point inside the engine compartment. in the case of your camaro, i believe it is just behind the center of the grille?

the reasons so many with cold air intakes can/do show so much improvement(besides what was mentioned previously) are that they will dyno the vehicle on 87 octane fuel before the swap....then fill it with 93 afterwards. this is good for a decent hp increase in most modern performance cars. the other thing is the tune. what i've noticed, is that most that are selling these kits for the mustangs also sell them with a programmer, with a "canned" tune. i'd be pretty willing to bet that that tune is the main reason for the hp increase in those kits.

the 4.10's definitely helped the dood.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Ok guys I was not spraying (no dope lol). we had fun and that is all that matters my car shifts at 7400 rpm she loves the 4.11!She was tuned at strickley performance and the tune made all the differance in the world.

Quick Reply: auto camaro 2010 L99 vs auto 5.0 mustang gt