Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03turbomach1 vs built honda 500+ whp

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Whats fail about it? Roll racing is for faster/higher traping cars. Can't hang then don't do it.

Trap speeds are everything on the street, E/T's don't mean ****.

Around here, everyone roll races. So its either get with the program or get left behind.
Roll racing is for junk that can't get moving because of wrong wheel drive. Why are you posting race car **** in a street car section? A good street car is well rounded, something those Honda's you posted are not.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Roll racing is for junk that can't get moving because of wrong wheel drive. Why are you posting race car **** in a street car section? A good street car is well rounded, something those Honda's you posted are not.
That was a daily driven civic with full interior.

No, roll racing is for cars that trap a good enough MPH to beat alot of stuff from w/e roll. For example supras, vettes, lambos, bikes, all these cars roll race. So from what your saying there all junk.

Just cause most people don't care to **** their cars up on the street for fun or Just because your car can't trap a high enough MPH to hang with these cars from a roll doesn't mean roll racing is garbage lol.

Bottom line you guys ran this "5xxwhp" civic from a 40 roll, it dead hooked. I showed you how a REAL 5xxwhp civic would react on the street with DR. Now your only argument is "roll racing is gay" lol pssh.

My work here is done.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Whats fail about it? Roll racing is for faster/higher traping cars. Can't hang then don't do it.

Around here, everyone roll races. So its either get with the program or get left behind.
Really you are funny. I have three cars that run better than 126MPH traps and the fastest is just about 140MPH. All have ac,heat,full interior and none are a POS econobox. Roll racing especially 50MPH or more is gay so you get with the program. I have been street racing since 1991 kid. MPH is a joke and so are both of your cars. When you actually have something worth a **** than can run from a dig than post something like that.
In NY,Phila,Baltimore and even in Ft Lauradale where my fox got impounded I never ever ran on a roll. Thats laughable.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your oblivious.
If you are going to insult him, at least use the correct form of "you're". That being said - Yes, he is mostly oblivious. Just promise you won't call E85 pump gas in front of him.

I can see where they are coming from as around here the mentality is real racing is done from a dig - the Honda crew around here bitches about it, but still does it. I can respect any fast car and I can especially respect a Honda owner who doesn't bitch about traction and will run from a dig.

However, this is the street racing and kill section, where most racing is done on a roll - so I don't know why they are still arguing roll racing is gay.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

"Around here, everyone roll races. So its either get with the program or get left behind."

That part of his post make it obvious he is clueless and has little experience "street racing" especially on 80MPH rolls. The Hondas that demand roll races mean they can't drive,car is not set up properly etc.

Show up in Phila,NY,DC etc and say that and you get laughed at. I know turbo Hondas that run from a dig-and they are DEADLY fast despite their handicaps. I run my Supra from a dig all the time and have had others wimp out for same reason in same paragrah.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
If you are going to insult him, at least use the correct form of "you're". That being said - Yes, he is mostly oblivious. Just promise you won't call E85 pump gas in front of him.

I can see where they are coming from as around here the mentality is real racing is done from a dig - the Honda crew around here bitches about it, but still does it. I can respect any fast car and I can especially respect a Honda owner who doesn't bitch about traction and will run from a dig.

However, this is the street racing and kill section, where most racing is done on a roll - so I don't know why they are still arguing roll racing is gay.
we do dig runs on the street all the time. i wouldnt catagorize and say street racing =roll.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Not that big of a deal to me but okay **you're.

E85 is pump gas.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
"Around here, everyone roll races. So its either get with the program or get left behind."

That part of his post make it obvious he is clueless and has little experience "street racing" especially on 80MPH rolls. The Hondas that demand roll races mean they can't drive,car is not set up properly etc.

Show up in Phila,NY,DC etc and say that and you get laughed at. I know turbo Hondas that run from a dig-and they are DEADLY fast despite their handicaps. I run my Supra from a dig all the time and have had others wimp out for same reason in same paragrah.

That's cool for you/them, I don't live or care about what people do in Philly, NY, or DC.

I live in Miami.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

That was a daily driven civic with full interior.

No, roll racing is for cars that trap a good enough MPH to beat alot of stuff from w/e roll. For example supras, vettes, lambos, bikes, all these cars roll race. So from what your saying there all junk.

Just cause most people don't care to **** their cars up on the street for fun or Just because your car can't trap a high enough MPH to hang with these cars from a roll doesn't mean roll racing is garbage lol.

Bottom line you guys ran this "5xxwhp" civic from a 40 roll, it dead hooked. I showed you how a REAL 5xxwhp civic would react on the street with DR. Now your only argument is "roll racing is gay" lol pssh.

My work here is done.
Your work is not done. I'm still not convinced. the roll was a 50 as stated and the car was on a dr. The guys running it has alot of experience with Honda's. Your looking at a car that should have run better but didn't. The other 500+HP Honda 03turbo beat. The results are what they are. But you can't change the fact that Honda's ride, drive, handle and overall perform like ****.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Your work is not done. I'm still not convinced. the roll was a 50 as stated and the car was on a dr. The guys running it has alot of experience with Honda's. Your looking at a car that should have run better but didn't. The other 500+HP Honda 03turbo beat. The results are what they are. But you can't change the fact that Honda's ride, drive, handle and overall perform like ****.
Sure.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Damn why don't Top Fuel cars utilize fwd and turbo'd 4 bangers?! Rolls are for dinner.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
Damn why don't Top Fuel cars utilize fwd and turbo'd 4 bangers?! Rolls are for dinner.
You dummy......because they would go to fast. Can I have some butter for my rolls?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by why87

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q4fOD_M8NI

Last edited by adamantium; 04-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Dude.....your not butt hurtin anyone here.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 AM
On The Tree

Damn you guys are up late arguing
Old 04-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Looks like a RWD car to me.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mypoorLS1
Looks like a RWD car to me.
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. But seriously...rolls are for dinner. Sure the random encounter on the highway almost always end up going from a roll...but who sets up roll races ahead of time? Go from a dig. Makes the driver and the setup actually work to win. Personally I think they're more fun to drive and watch.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 PM

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this----

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3052675&page=1

Its the hatch that blew his engine making a '**** my tuner' thread.
Lol hes trying to blame it all on Miller for taking him above 500 on pump, its a good read.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Teching In

But you can't change the fact that Honda's ride, drive, handle and overall perform like ****.
That reads like an opinion and not fact at all. It's actually quite funny to me because just about every RWD domestic I have been in feels really sloppy and not so much fun after first gear excluding the few boosted ones.

The sad fact is all the biased and unwilling people out there catagorize Honda's in the "****-box" side of cars are only justified by the broke *** children in high school that don't know what they are doing. They will not look at the vast majority of well built and setup Honda's that don't run the streets 90% of the time.

HioSSilver, I see you are in Va. You should come down to VMP or Richmond dragway sometime and see for yourself. I know some people (myself included) that would love to run on the street, track, dirt road, or whatever suits your fancy.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

I've seen quick ones at the track. Their still junk, no matter how you slice it. If it makes you feel better I feel the same about hotrodding trucks for drag racing. Here's a clue for ya. Trucks are for hauling/towing/4wheeling, front drive econo cars are for..........you guessed it cheap, economical transportation. Nothing you can really do to cover that up and everything you try to make it do other than what it was designed for is making a sacrifice in performance elsewhere.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr
That reads like an opinion and not fact at all. It's actually quite funny to me because just about every RWD domestic I have been in feels really sloppy and not so much fun after first gear excluding the few boosted ones.

The sad fact is all the biased and unwilling people out there catagorize Honda's in the "****-box" side of cars are only justified by the broke *** children in high school that don't know what they are doing. They will not look at the vast majority of well built and setup Honda's that don't run the streets 90% of the time.

HioSSilver, I see you are in Va. You should come down to VMP or Richmond dragway sometime and see for yourself. I know some people (myself included) that would love to run on the street, track, dirt road, or whatever suits your fancy.

Well put. His only justification for why civics shouldn't be "hot rodded" is because they came out of the production line (in America) to be an economical car. Great argument. Herp Derp.

I've seen quick ones at the track. Their still junk, no matter how you slice it. If it makes you feel better I feel the same about hotrodding trucks for drag racing. Here's a clue for ya. Trucks are for hauling/towing/4wheeling, front drive econo cars are for..........you guessed it cheap, economical transportation. Nothing you can really do to cover that up and everything you try to make it do other than what it was designed for is making a sacrifice in performance elsewhere.
Back that up with facts. All you are doing is stating your opinion.

Quick Reply: 03turbomach1 vs built honda 500+ whp