Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'02 M6 T/A very few mods vs Supercharged '10 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:05 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 M6 T/A very few mods vs Supercharged '10 Camaro SS

Well this isn't gonna end how you or I thought. My buddy brings his '10 Camaro SS and me and another buddy of mine have our f-bodies there. Mine being a 2002 Flat hood T/A a few free mods on the intake side and DR's, my buddies stock '99 Firehawk. We have heard the stories about the work that has been done to this SS and are ready to finally see it. We go over and he starts it and pops the hood. SWEET!!! Supercharger, Kooks headers and Borla exhaust and a tune. Immediately I start thinking, with those street tires??? How the hell could you have that much power and not have tires??
I'm thinking I'll bust his *** off the line while he's spinning and he'll reel me in and blow by me. But, WTF I'm ready to race. Me and my buddy are still in the parking lot about 50 ft from his SS. We start revving in the parking lot and mine sounds completely different than his Firehawk. You can hear the air getting sucked into mine. Sweet!
I roll up in front of the SS and kind of roll the tires over just a little. We pull out and I see my buddy pull out behind me in his Firehawk. I don't see the SS anywhere. So I turn on the onramp to the Expressway and s-l-o-w-l-y get up to speed. I see in my rearview a car cut over 3 lanes behind me from the on ramp. I'm thinking I'm about to race the Firehawk and I look over and see the '10 SS. Oh well....there goes my advantage by having traction. From a dig I know I can take him with his street tires but from a roll I'm toast.
I slow down to 60mph and he pulls up beside me. All I can hear is that damn super charger, which cost more than I paid for my entire car! I wait and we play around hopping the cars and finally we go. I'm dropped down to 2nd I hit 3rd and then 4th and to my surprise We stayed door to door even through my shifting. He has an automatic so maybe he was at an odd rpm when we took off?? We slow again. This time we have a major gap behind us in traffic so he wants to slow down to 50mph. So we do. A little more hopping the car and he hits it and we're gone again. I'm in 2nd hit 3rd then 4th and the same thing we're still side by side but I noticed he was just starting to pull a little on me when stopped. We slow down again as we do a 90's Vette pulls up beside both of us on our right like he wants to play too. I'm at 50 mph in 2nd and immediately whop the gas 3 times and feels like my tires are wanting to come of the ground.....the Vette backs down and leaves us alone.
Last race...a roll from 40 mph. This time I'm in the upper rpm for 1st and lower for 2nd. I decide to stay in 2nd. We hit it and I hear the supercharger and tires spinning. I shift into 3rd then 4th and he stayed on my door the whole time.
We talked a few days later and he was shocked that my basically stock LS1 stayed with him. Honestly I was too. He talked with his tuner about tuning my car and told him about the races and his tuner said no LS1 would run like that without being modded heavily. Well...I know what has been done to my car and I still have the stock exhaust! But then again his tuner said a 2002 LS1 would only dyno 280 to the rear wheels stock. I've seen them at 320hp / 320 tq stock before with the LS6 intake. I think he has a bad tune or I should have been toast.

Last edited by MFJ; 04-20-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:22 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

And the BS flag is slowly unfolded.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
And the BS flag is slowly unfolded.
I think I agree...
Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah I know what you mean OP.

I raced an UGR R package lambo the other day and he couldn't even put a car on me. I was like man I got that fastest supercharged camaro ever made.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

First off. That is exactly what happened and how it happened. Don't call me out saying I posted BS. I fully expected to get killed in this race. I raced a new supercharged Camaro on the strip and he whipped my ***. I mean you could put a supercharger on a lawnmower and make it fast. Just look at the Mustangs. His tune has to be bad is what I'm saying.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Launching!

my gf's basically stock (cai and tune) l99 5th gen gently walks on my buddy's 02 ws6 with shorties, cat-back, and a tune (m6). So that s/c camaro must've been spinning almost the whole time. just sayin.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
my gf's basically stock (cai and tune) l99 5th gen gently walks on my buddy's 02 ws6 with shorties, cat-back, and a tune (m6). So that s/c camaro must've been spinning almost the whole time. just sayin.
Could have been. I heard tires spinning once. But trying to hear anything over the whine of his Supercharger was almost impossible. Maybe that's why the slower we went the less he could do. Only one time did he start pulling on me and that was at about 100 mph.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
Which he wouldn't of because he just has a S/C and is auto. So he probably is around 480-500rwhp.

Even at that range he would walk a 13 second car spinning like it was a corolla.

So yes. This is total BS. Or the L99 wasn't even racing you.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MFJ
Could have been. I heard tires spinning once. But trying to hear anything over the whine of his Supercharger was almost impossible. Maybe that's why the slower we went the less he could do. Only one time did he start pulling on me and that was at about 100 mph.
I have yet to hear a S/C on a 5th gen that "whines" loud. I can hardly hear mine inside my car. Outside you can't hear it.

5th gens aren't cobras. Running 6-8lbs won't make a very loud whining sound.

So please stop making **** up.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:08 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I have yet to hear a S/C on a 5th gen that "whines" loud. I can hardly hear mine inside my car. Outside you can't hear it.

Kiss my ***. That's all you could hear. I'm not making a damn thing up. It is loud. Especially when it's right beside you with the windows down. His is loud.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:26 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

I just called him (The '10 SS). He said my car was strong for what it is but He was basically fendering me. He said he is pushing 500rwhp and I asked him what kind of supercharger it was and he has a Magnusan supercharger and even he said it was loud as hell. I knew he should have blew me away. I really thought he need a better tune. But for ya'll to call me a liar is the bullshit in all this. I wouldn't post anything that wasn't true. Everything I posted is what happened.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Launching!

he could've had a rear cog drive on it just for the sound? i dunno. but you're right, a s/c l99 should be right around 500 rwhp
Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MFJ
I just called him (The '10 SS). He said my car was strong for what it is but He was basically fendering me. He said he is pushing 500rwhp and I asked him what kind of supercharger it was and he has a Magnusan supercharger and even he said it was loud as hell. I knew he should have blew me away. I really thought he need a better tune. But for ya'll to call me a liar is the bullshit in all this. I wouldn't post anything that wasn't true. Everything I posted is what happened.
A) Magnusons hardly sound. At 8lbs (3.4" = 10lbs but LTs eat 2) I hear only a slight whine inside. Outside there is absolutely no sound. Literally.

B) TVS2300 = INSTANT TORQUE = instant buses on you. The Magnuson enters full torque at about 2-2.5k rpm and stays pretty much stable/flat until 6k. So if your car can magically keep up with a 4xx rwtq@2k rpm SS......

C) He's probably pushing 6lbs with a canned tune making him have around 440rwhp which he STILL should have eaten you alive.

D) The SS in question either doesn't have a s/c, or he was in reverse. Any s/c LS3/L99 would put boat lengths on you, no matter how bad the driver tbh. Even redlining every shift it'd still pull about 38 buses and especially from a roll. These 5th gens are literally roll kings. They love rolls and pull incredibly hard from them.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:53 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

A) Magnusons hardly sound. At 8lbs (3.4" = 10lbs but LTs eat 2) I hear only a slight whine inside. Outside there is absolutely no sound. Literally.

B) TVS2300 = INSTANT TORQUE = instant buses on you. The Magnuson enters full torque at about 2-2.5k rpm and stays pretty much stable/flat until 6k. So if your car can magically keep up with a 4xx rwtq@2k rpm SS......

C) He's probably pushing 6lbs with a canned tune making him have around 440rwhp which he STILL should have eaten you alive.

D) The SS in question either doesn't have a s/c, or he was in reverse. Any s/c LS3/L99 would put boat lengths on you, no matter how bad the driver tbh. Even redlining every shift it'd still pull about 38 buses and especially from a roll. These 5th gens are literally roll kings. They love rolls and pull incredibly hard from them.
You obviously can't read. So I'll break it down for you again. I SAW the supercharger, I heard the loud *** supercharger and even the owner says it's loud INSIDE the car and outside the car I just talked with him an hour ago. His car was tuned by someone. I have no idea who. He was fendering me while we were running. I fully expected to be left in the dust quickly. I'm not saying I have the fastest car on the planet. I thought he had a problem with his tune because it didn't fly by me like I was standing still. Do you understand that!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ask him to run you again and get a video. If the **** is true i wanna see it. Make sure you get a picture of his engine bay beforehand
Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Make sure he's actually trying this time, too.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Yeah he wasn't even trying. Thats what he told me on the phone. He just went hard enough to stay beside me. I'm taking him to the drag strip next Thursday.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MFJ
You obviously can't read. So I'll break it down for you again. I SAW the supercharger, I heard the loud *** supercharger and even the owner says it's loud INSIDE the car and outside the car I just talked with him an hour ago. His car was tuned by someone. I have no idea who. He was fendering me while we were running. I fully expected to be left in the dust quickly. I'm not saying I have the fastest car on the planet. I thought he had a problem with his tune because it didn't fly by me like I was standing still. Do you understand that!
And you obviously don't understand that I ALSO HAVE A SUPERCHARGED 5th gen at twice his power level and I bet twice his boost and I can't even hear the supercharger in MY car.

Typical of 5th gen owners though... Arm a piece of **** setup. Tell him to just sell his car and buy a cobalt already.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

What a big heap of stinky, smelly, and poorly put together bullshit! First off, your car would keep up with a supercharged '10 ss, even if it was on the donuts. Second, you're too new to have ANY credibility whatsoever...third, learn how to use some damn paragraphs. Now I'm not the biggest dick in here, so what does that tell you? We're all not in tenth grade bra. ******' quote me on this sir, please.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 PM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
What a big heap of stinky, smelly, and poorly put together bullshit! First off, your car would keep up with a supercharged '10 ss, even if it was on the donuts. Second, you're too new to have ANY credibility whatsoever...third, learn how to use some damn paragraphs. Now I'm not the biggest dick in here, so what does that tell you? We're all not in tenth grade bra. ******' quote me on this sir, please.
1st) Another one that can't read. Wow..I'm surprised. Everything written was how it happened and where it happened. I'm fully aware of the fact that I should have seen tail lights from go! It was all pointing to his tuning. (This was mentioned several times. If you would have read everything you would know this.) We all thought, myself, Kip, Doug, Brian, after we ran he had a problem since he couldn't even outrun a basically stock LS1. Until a couple of hours ago none of us, his buddies, even knew he wasn't going WOT. He even got ragged on at our club meeting.

2nd) I'm probably the most honest person I know. Sometimes to a fault, but honest none the less.

3rd) You are correct. Paragraphs would have been better but I was trying to do this at work and not get caught.

4th) You have now been quoted!

Quick Reply: '02 M6 T/A very few mods vs Supercharged '10 Camaro SS