Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MACH32V
MACH 1 M5 has forged crank. just an FYI..
and the autos were cast.... WHOOPIE....

my lightining has a forged crank... dosent mean **** if the rods wont hold 450hp... or the pistons wont take 1 second of detonation at stock power...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Just gonna throw this out there...

Mach 1's were impressive after the craptastic 2V 4.6 run that ford had. I remember back in 03-04, the mach 1 was the only N/A stang since 98 that could hang with the F bodies. There were plenty of close *** races I remember seeing back then, and they were def respectable cars.

Fast forward to now....we have a 5.0 mustang that makes 412 HP stock, a camaro SS that makes 425 HP stock, and even a 2005-2006 GTO makes 400 HP stock. A few bolt ons and a tune will get you damn close to 475 flywheel HP. It's no **** that a mach 1 is not as impressive...the cars are almost 10 years old now. Hell, even the 03-04 cobras don't seem like the total street monsters that they once were.

Times are changing, and like it or not, technology will always be faster. Not really sure what the argument is here. Sure, mach 1's are still pretty impressive for what they are, but compared to todays standards, they just don't have the power potential that modern cars have. And thats really all there is to it.
Good points man..and no doubt. However, with the increase in Hp also came increase in weight. I always thought it was about Hp vs Weight though. Most of the cars today are tipping the scale at over 4000lbs except for the 5.0 which is still 250 lbs heavier than the MACH which comes in at 3400lbs.
Take the this weight, with the torque of the 4-Valve combined with the good Tremec transmission and rear gearing and you have a good "formula" for a car to run hard. That s what most peole do not understand!
People are too hung up on Hp numbers today like it has something to do with dick size.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
See what im saying its NEVER a LEGIT video. You CLAIM its a 119mph car, u get a huge hit then get reeled in HARD and the camera cuts off just as its passing you up.

Also i need PROOF of these low 11 125mph Machs...

They have 26 6.1 SRT's where im from that run 10's with a t stat and a throttle body spacer...believe me??

TB spacer must = plate kit...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SVTconfused
and the autos were cast.... WHOOPIE....

my lightining has a forged crank... dosent mean **** if the rods wont hold 450hp... or the pistons wont take 1 second of detonation at stock power...
It was an FYI...don't get your panties all bunched up, chief
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Launching!

It was an FYI...don't get your panties all bunched up, chief
LMFAO...

i dont wear panties...

just figured id show you my enthusiasim for a forged crank with paper mache rods and glass pistons
Old 05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Launching!

some serious testosterone in here...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
anytime buddy. ill bring as much cash as u can carry. to keep it close ill keep my stock catback on too. slows me down over a mph at the track. i want a nice quiet ride home listening to that cash flappin in the wind.
I dont care if you have john force build you a catback. Name where you want to make a road trip to, and we'll make it happen. My car with bolt ons, yours with whatever mystery soup you have since you cant seem to post anything on the internets....lmao.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good points man..and no doubt. However, with the increase in Hp also came increase in weight. I always thought it was about Hp vs Weight though. Most of the cars today are tipping the scale at over 4000lbs except for the 5.0 which is still 250 lbs heavier than the MACH which comes in at 3400lbs.
Take the this weight, with the torque of the 4-Valve combined with the good Tremec transmission and rear gearing and you have a good "formula" for a car to run hard. That s what most peole do not understand!
People are too hung up on Hp numbers today like it has something to do with dick size.
Yea I know that cars have gotten heavier too...but I meant it more along the lines of how new engines have a ton more potential, part for part. And the thing that most people don't understand is that a lot of these newer tanks also have a lot of crap that can be removed and you'd never notice it wasn't there. For instance, my brothers GTO has a brace in the trunk thats 25 lbs, a front skid plate thats 25 lbs, the spare tire/jack kit is 40 lbs. With just those 3 things, you just lost almost 100 lbs, and it's all dead weight...things that will never be missed. I'm sure the camaros, challengers, etc also have useless braces, jacks, etc that can be removed and never be missed.

Personally, I'd rather have a car that made a ton of power stock and just remove weight, than have a car that makes a lot less HP and try to make more power with expensive parts.

I bet that my brothers GTO if we took all the stuff I mentioned above, and the back seat out and added good tires would run a 12.0 at 115-116 mph. Thats pretty awesome with just intake, headers, tune!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 PM
9 Second Club

I've called you out so many times on posting a slip disco, or proving you run something besides your mouth. All you want to do is talk ****, you started this **** with me in the gen4 vs gen5 thread and I among many others called you out over and over, post some proof. You constantly have claimed you were faster blah blah, and I have at least posted my timeslips and plenty of videos. I don't know what the converter and dr's/wheel setup will add, but I'd venture to say, you better run in the high 11's and be able to do it from a dig on the street.

So where do you live, lets figure out where to run.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Looks like all the keyboard warriors are finally getting called out. Good thread
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbKxc4QYTTU

Ill run any Mach 1 once I put in a transmission.. Smoked 2nd gear band.. Crap..
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
See what im saying its NEVER a LEGIT video. You CLAIM its a 119mph car, u get a huge hit then get reeled in HARD and the camera cuts off just as its passing you up.

Also i need PROOF of these low 11 125mph Machs...

They have 26 6.1 SRT's where im from that run 10's with a t stat and a throttle body spacer...believe me??

I just posted... Robert@SHR
Jeez I Did not get a huge hit stalled gear auto ftw Yea he was coming back he had a couple mph on me no doubt. That was not a hard real in lol took him a full gear to gain a car back and most of another gear to get to my back bumper where i let off because I was out of gear and the race was over with me ahead.

Also i never said every bolt on mach runs 10s. I said it was possible and at 3000+ lbs in a 5spd.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...cil-today.html
Old 05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Bolt on weight reduction mach 1, I remember when you posted this on SVTP and the **** storm it caused.
So what if it has some weight reduction. Most cars that race do. It was about 3400lbs in this vid. I never claimed it to be fullweight but it is still a bolt-on car.

So once again what do you think will happen when me and hemi run I am curious to know since you seem to know everything when it comes to srt8 vs mach matchups
Old 05-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Looks like all the keyboard warriors are finally getting called out. Good thread
Nothing is going to happen
Old 05-17-2012, 09:11 PM
9 Second Club

Automach, Im in AR, lets get together for a run. I used to go to greenville to run when I was younger. Do you go to memphis or would you like a true street race?
Old 05-17-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
some serious testosterone in here...
Your sig reminded me of this vid:

Grandma Does A Burnout in Mercedes Benz AMG

Originally Posted by adamantium
lol heres the funny part, look what happens when the cobra actually has traction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ymfmGLN7U
LMAO, you just owned that guy. ^^^That video looks a lot different than the one he tried to post, 6+ cars= buslenghts?

Reminds me of when Killemall tried editing vids so that it looked like his Viper hung with 800rwhp GTR's
Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

LMAO, you just owned that guy. ^^^That video looks a lot different than the one he tried to post, 6+ cars= buslenghts?

Reminds me of when Killemall tried editing vids so that it looked like his Viper hung with 800rwhp GTR's
Yea I won my race he won his 40 2nd gear bog 4r70 ftl and fyi it was about 2.5 cars as that was the end of the race. vid started late
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZNix
Ill run any Mach 1 once I put in a transmission.. Smoked 2nd gear band.. Crap..
I think your my new fav anti troll on the forums now lol

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

Worlds coolest grandmother!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by automach1
So what if it has some weight reduction. Most cars that race do. It was about 3400lbs in this vid. I never claimed it to be fullweight but it is still a bolt-on car.

So once again what do you think will happen when me and hemi run I am curious to know since you seem to know everything when it comes to srt8 vs mach matchups
You keep asking me that. I dont know your setup and I dont know his. All that matters is bolt on mach 1's cant beat me.....plain and simple
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Automach, Im in AR, lets get together for a run. I used to go to greenville to run when I was younger. Do you go to memphis or would you like a true street race?
I am In south MS if you are reallly willing to drive half way across the country then it is about half way I am no longer a bolt-on car so not sure what it would prove anyways.

Quick Reply: intake only 2006 GTO vs eaton swapped Mach 1 **VID**