Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
does hiho really butt hurt you this bad? Lol sissy
Let me guess, you don't think it's a swap either?
Originally Posted by ZFreie
Oh, I didn't realize that. I didn't think it was THAT long ago lol
Yeah I think he said that engine had been in the car for seven or nine years. And yes why87, this is a dumb discussion. But the dumb part is that it is a discussion in the first place.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

For real....get off of it already. It was 10 years ago in june. 75k on it......and just made a couple other changes to it
Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
There are hundreds of production engines. Doesn't mean it isn't a swap when you put one of them in your car.

E85 is a mod. Just like a tune is a mod.
I agree to some extent. I was merely replacing a engine. Now my ls7 I will consider a swap. There is more to putting that engine in than meets the eye.

Stroked engines some consider simple, I don't. H/c cars are more involved than putting the ls6 in.....probably takes longer to.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The difference is my car wasn't really a "swap". To me a "swap" would incur wiring/mount changes and maybe even moving other essential components. Make no mistake it was a direct replacement that even ran on the stock tune for a while.

I have a termi motored notch......now that's a ****** swap
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So E85 is race gas, but putting an LS6 in a Camaro isn't a swap?
I can't believe we are actually having this discussion.
Originally Posted by glennster
WTF do you think an LS6 is not a swap, really?
You've got to give this a rest. You did a full motor swap. End of story. Nobody cares about the reason for the swap or how much it cost you.
There are hundreds of production engines. Doesn't mean it isn't a swap when you put one of them in your car.

E85 is a mod. Just like a tune is a mod.
I agree to some extent. I was merely replacing a engine. Now my ls7 I will consider a swap. There is more to putting that engine in than meets the eye.

Stroked engines some consider simple, I don't. H/c cars are more involved than putting the ls6 in.....probably takes longer to.
ROFLMBO...seriously. This is hilarious. But in part why the 'racing' world has become so ridiculous. These discussions weren't this common 10-15 years ago.

It's really...REALLY simple. The car did NOT come from the factory with the LS6, therefore it IS INDEED a swap!. It's so ridiculous how people change definitions through specifics/technicalities to suit their own definition.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Old 05-29-2012, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
It's so ridiculous how people change definitions through specifics/technicalities to suit their own definition.
Preach it brother! Amen!

That is going in my sig......
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

ROFLMBO...seriously. This is hilarious. But in part why the 'racing' world has become so ridiculous. These discussions weren't this common 10-15 years ago.

It's really...REALLY simple. The car did NOT come from the factory with the LS6, therefore it IS INDEED a swap!. It's so ridiculous how people change definitions through specifics/technicalities to suit their own definition.
My 2002 Z28 came from the factory with a production LS6 long block, 241 heads and a LS6 intake.. So what does that make my car. A factory LS6 or a factory LS1? Cause it's not an LS1 block!!

The LS6 C5Z06 just had 243 heads and a different cam..
Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

According to you guys definition of a swap is I could've put a ls1 back in and it would've been a swap......maybe I should've put a 4.8 or 5.3 in it. Those pick-up motors would still have been enough to take out your Mach....lol........that would be a swap to.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Lol, so based on that thinking....

e85 is a mod because its not what is COMMON and isnt what came in the tank from factory.

ls6 production engine
e85 pump gas

period....
So if I put a new 5.8L out a shelby in my car its not a swap since its a production engine?
Old 05-29-2012, 04:31 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by odarabla
My 2002 Z28 came from the factory with a production LS6 long block, 241 heads and a LS6 intake.. So what does that make my car. A factory LS6 or a factory LS1? Cause it's not an LS1 block!!

That would make it a factory LS1, as it came from the factory.
According to you guys definition of a swap is I could've put a ls1 back in and it would've been a swap......maybe I should've put a 4.8 or 5.3 in it. Those pick-up motors would still have been enough to take out your Mach....lol........that would be a swap to.
This isn't hard...you took out an LS1 and put in an LS6. That is a swap; one for the other. If I had put a 99-04 engine in my old '98 GT, it would have been a swap. Same block, different heads/cams/intake. It doesn't matter that I wouldn't have to change the wiring or run a different tune, they are different engines.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

lol People give hio **** like he put an ls9 in it. He put a VERY outdated engine in a car that COULD have had that engine. I dunno why people think/act like its a head and cam LSX.

I also get sick of the whats pump and whats not argument. I can drive 5 min and get 110 leaded fuel from a 24 hour gas station, so...thats pump gas right?
Bottom line the guy swapped an LS1 for an LS6 into his Camaro, just like how I swapped my LS1 for a larger LY6. Nothing more, nothing less. End of discussion.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Teching In

That would make it a factory LS1, as it came from the factory.

This isn't hard...you took out an LS1 and put in an LS6. That is a swap; one for the other. If I had put a 99-04 engine in my old '98 GT, it would have been a swap. Same block, different heads/cams/intake. It doesn't matter that I wouldn't have to change the wiring or run a different tune, they are different engines.
Why do you continue to argue? It's like you're going around in circles. It's obvious he has his mind made up.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

By definition a "swap" is an exchange of one thing for another. You can swap seats with someone, it's still a chair, probably identical to the one you were just sitting in, but you swapped it.

I have a swapped motor in my car. It looks just like the original, has the same physical characteristics, but everything inside the block is different. And since the original motor was physically removed, and this one was put in its place, they were "swapped."

Some people can be really dense when it comes to comprehending simple English words and their proper usage! I blame texting for the total dumbing down of America! LOL!

It was very helpful of Websters Online Dictionary to even include the exact topic of discussion!

Engine swap - An engine swap is the process of removing a car's engine and replacing it with another; this is done either because of failure, or to install a different engine - more powerful, maybe more up to date and maintainable. (references)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Mach and bad *** mods.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Teching In

"Just had" a different camshaft and better cylinder heads. lol

FYI came with a different MAF and higher compression too.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by m_liel
Why do you continue to argue? It's like you're going around in circles. It's obvious he has his mind made up.
I have no idea. Maybe I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that he isn't what he CONSTANTLY appears to be...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

***** of yarn you guys. if you changed the engine for anything other than an original replacement engine it's a swap.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 PM
10 Second Club

No it's a replacement engine. A swap entails more...at least to me. You guys can think what you want. But unless your changing mounts/wiring/moving other **** around your are replacing a engine, not "swapping" it.

you idiots act like this was the baddest "swap" on the planet.....**** it has taken more time to get the fast 102 on it properly than to change the engine.....lmao
Old 05-29-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
So if I put a new 5.8L out a shelby in my car its not a swap since its a production engine?
Could you get one from the factory in it?

Originally Posted by m_liel
just like how I swapped my LS1 for a larger LY6. Nothing more, nothing less. End of discussion.
Never came from the factory that way.

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Engine swap - An engine swap is the process of removing a car's engine and replacing it with another; this is done either because of failure, or to install a different engine - more powerful, maybe more up to date and maintainable. (references)
So if you replace and lt1, with another lt1 its a swap

My 2002 Z28 came from the factory with a production LS6 long block,
THIS IS MY FREAKING POINT, ls6 COULD HAVE BEEN IN HIS CAR ROM FACTORY

:washes hands: I give up.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro