Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Just to throw a little more insight into your mustang is the greatest car of all time post.

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ......I mean really ......you guys bought that ****.....l
Yet you guys swear up and down that the LS1 was touched by God, yet GM couldn't sell that ****....to the point to they had to stop making them completely after 35 years.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 451 Likes on 355 Posts

And it took ford till 2011 just to get a n/a car to keep up. Pretty ****** sad when you think of it.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

We are talking sales...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I actually was thinking the same thing while reading this thread. lol. Checkbook racers. I guess supporting vendors have to stay in business somehow.
Hey man, I lack knowledge of cars and the patience to work on them - but it is still a hobby of mine
WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?
This was great
Just to throw a little more insight into your mustang is the greatest car of all time post.

2v stangs actually out sold ls1 Camaro's.........to me that puts Mustang owners in their own league of dumbasses ......I mean really ......you guys bought that ****.....l
That also led to the Camaro/Trans Am downfall
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Yet you guys swear up and down that the LS1 was touched by God, yet GM couldn't sell that ****....to the point to they had to stop making them completely after 35 years.
Yep, no denying that
And it took ford till 2011 just to get a n/a car to keep up. Pretty ****** sad when you think of it.
Obviously they were doing something right if they didn't have to pull the plug on their car
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 PM
10 Second Club

We are talking sales...
That's what I was talking.....you ford guys was dumb enough to buy those heap of **** sn95 cars. Those things were horrible. Performance was low.....like really low and you still bought them....
Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hey man, I lack knowledge of cars and the patience to work on them - but it is still a hobby of mine

This was great

That also led to the Camaro/Trans Am downfall

Yep, no denying that

Obviously they were doing something right if they didn't have to pull the plug on their car
Yea they were doin something right....It's called marketing. F-body commercials are almost non existent.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea they were doin something right....It's called marketing. F-body commercials are almost non existent.
I am a GM guy but I give Ford huge props on their marketing and recent products compared to the new GM counterparts.

If it came down to it today, only reason I'd choose a 5th gen is the discounts that I could get on them through dad's GM card and family friend we know who works at Chevy dealer. If it came down to it today, I'd buy a F150 crew cab over 1500 crew cab for the space in the cab. Edge over Equinox. Etc. Etc.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Ford definitely markets the Mustang better. Up until very recently their truck engines was a huge piece of crap too, drive and ride was also ****. Has anyone here ever drove a 2v ford truck......that ****** thing won't hardly move it's self must less pull anything. There marketing department has done a great job keeping them in business.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ford definitely markets the Mustang better. Up until very recently their truck engines was a huge piece of crap too, drive and ride was also ****. Has anyone here ever drove a 2v ford truck......that ****** thing won't hardly move it's self must less pull anything. There marketing department has done a great job keeping them in business.
I drove the new Eco Boost truck a few times. Buddy in college has one. 1st time I thought it was gutless torque wise. Then drove it again and it was nice. Got 24mpg on a short road trip to Iowa City and pulls his family's boat with ease. Had the seat all the way back and the guy in the backseat had LOTS of room. They are nice new trucks now.

If anything, the new Silverados with the 4.8, 5.3's are gutless power wise. But then again, so are our old LQ4's in today's standards
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's what I was talking.....you ford guys was dumb enough to buy those heap of **** sn95 cars. Those things were horrible. Performance was low.....like really low and you still bought them....

You think all it takes is some commercials and BAM the F-body would have sold as much as the Mustang? You really are that stupid...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

The F-150 is the best selling vehicle........

in the world

Sohigh....how are you that stupid man? Tell me you are just kidding around. That way we can all have a good chuckle and say "Shoot man, you almost had me"
Old 05-22-2012, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

The F-150 is the best selling American vehicle........

in the world

Sohigh....how are you that stupid man? Tell me you are just kidding around. That way we can all have a good chuckle and say "Shoot man, you almost had me"
Fixed
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

I drove the new Eco Boost truck a few times. Buddy in college has one. 1st time I thought it was gutless torque wise. Then drove it again and it was nice. Got 24mpg on a short road trip to Iowa City and pulls his family's boat with ease. Had the seat all the way back and the guy in the backseat had LOTS of room. They are nice new trucks now.

If anything, the new Silverados with the 4.8, 5.3's are gutless power wise. But then again, so are our old LQ4's in today's standards
I would hardley call them gutless. They were pretty much the standard as of 2-3 years ago. My lq4 2500hd pulls like a champ. I've had 16k (22k gross) behind it before and power was not the issue, single rear tires was starting to become the issue. The only thing that held them back was gm's reluctance to go to 5 or 6 speed auto's.

The new ecoboost and 6.2 they offer seem like good stuff. Pre that and I wondered why people bought that junk. It was slow, ride sucked, it took 2 blocks to turn a f-250 around, spit their spark plugs out or just plain broke offin the hole, seat would wear out in no time, extra cheesy plastic.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

You think all it takes is some commercials and BAM the F-body would have sold as much as the Mustang? You really are that stupid...
yep....that's what marketing does dumbass.
The F-150 is the best selling vehicle........

in the world

Up until recently they were junk. Go look up a crash test of a 2v era f-150
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

I think there were many reasons the 4th gen LS1s were such lousy sellers compared to the Mustang. First of all most sales were to women and V6s in regards to total sales. Second to the average buyer who wanted a V8 car(and they don't mod it) the LS1 Fbody was not appealing due to the big dash,heavy doors,poor build quality GM was known for,stupid hump in the passenger side floor,terrible driving position and what appeared to be an old design(Ford updated the body style 2 twice since 1993). Plus most people that never bothered to drive an LS1 Fbody actually thought a 2 valve GT was faster due to the noise etc it made. Third gens were not reliable and a lot of Pony car owners swore them off after owning one. Ford also as mentioned heavily adverstised and supported their pony car even offering a ton of performance parts for it. Lets not mention when you went to the track back in 93-99 and most of the late model cars you saw were stangs. A real shame. Despite its flaws a 4th gen LS1 Fbody would outrun just about anything when it debuted which may explain why many people were disappointed when the 5th gen SS debuted...
Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

You gotta start somewhere. I just put in 32 valve springs and 4 cams in my cobra. You want to talk about nervous when I fired it up. I was shitting bricks that I had the timing wrong and I was going to get PTV. Prior to that the farthest I got into the motor was taking the intake off and doing all the other stuff like gears, exhaust, wiring, drivetrain, suspension, etc. Just read up/research and take pictures. If you took it apart it can go back together.

I did get frustrated a few times while doing it..I just turned the mechanic light off and walked inside the house. I was done for the day/night.

As far as the mustang vs camaro sales... for the 2 1/2-3 yrs my wife drove her 01' z28 it broke a widow motor (very common I'll even exclude that), a starter relay (2x), a ignition relay (2x), 1 coil, and a tranny mount. They are just built different than a mustang. I feel like the mustang was built better just that the camaro had a stronger motor.

I'll own another another one (well she'll drive it) once the kids get out of the car seats.. Just the 5th gen styling hasn't really grew on me yet like I thought it would. And I'm not really a fan of the 05+ mustang style either.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

Good points Mike......but I love the driving position . Heal/toe rev match down shifting is a pain it the *** in a Stang for me, the pedal positions suck ***.

I can't complain about build quality. My car seems to be holding up pretty well overall. Other than the **** I have tore up it has only needed the drivers window motor.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

As far as the mustang vs camaro sales... for the 2 1/2-3 yrs my wife drove her 01' z28 it broke a widow motor (very common I'll even exclude that), a starter relay (2x), a ignition relay (2x), 1 coil, and a tranny mount. They are just built different than a mustang. I feel like the mustang was built better just that the camaro had a stronger motor.
Despite how much I hate the build quality of Fbodies, I'll likely end up in another one. Not too many cars out there say "I'll eat you" like a black 98-02 ws6 does in my opinion
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Teching In

WTF is a AFE stage II CAI? SRT's have different stages of a piece of plastic that mounts to a TB? If thats not a marketing tool I don't know what is. Who's in denial again?
The stage 1 is a basic intake the stage 2 is a CAI with a ram air type setup and it dynos about 10rwhp more. Its more expensive so yes they make them in stages.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok now I'm curious what a stage 3 CAI does lol
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

stop writing ******* essays

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs LS3 Camaro