Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO VS 33psi PT cruiser and Turbo RX8!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Default GTO VS 33psi PT cruiser and Turbo RX8!

When to my inlaws lastnight, and was board so i started cruising main, not MMOB at all. Litterly on the road fro 2 minutes and a Red PT cruiser pulls up next to me, revving. I thought it was funny, butWhat the hell lets do it. We left at a 30 roll, i instantly jumped out a car, then pulled another car to 100 when we shut down. So im like WTF i need to talk to this guy, so we stop and chat. PT cruiser GT turbo, runnin 33psi on E85, no exhaust after the down pipe, and a little more but i cant remember. He wanted to run again so we did a dig and a 50 roll with the same results. He said it has the same motor as an SRT4. Never would have suspected it.

Then i raced a turbo RX-8, and rom a 30 roll to 140 i put about a bus or more on him, whipped him so bad he wouldnt stop to talk lmao.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
When to my inlaws lastnight, and was board so i started cruising main, not MMOB at all. Litterly on the road fro 2 minutes and a Red PT cruiser pulls up next to me, revving. I thought it was funny, butWhat the hell lets do it. We left at a 30 roll, i instantly jumped out a car, then pulled another car to 100 when we shut down. So im like WTF i need to talk to this guy, so we stop and chat. PT cruiser GT turbo, runnin 33psi on E85, no exhaust after the down pipe, and a little more but i cant remember. He wanted to run again so we did a dig and a 50 roll with the same results. He said it has the same motor as an SRT4. Never would have suspected it.

Then i raced a turbo RX-8, and rom a 30 roll to 140 i put about a bus or more on him, whipped him so bad he wouldnt stop to talk lmao.
Went...bored...Literally...for...but, what the hell...running...He claimed E85 and 33 psi what turbo?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no kidding. an srt4 motor with those stats would have destroyed you, even in a 78 kenworth.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

woooowwwwwww.....ur mi heeero
Old 05-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tracked350Z
Went...bored...Literally...for...but, what the hell...running...He claimed E85 and 33 psi what turbo?
Hey wtf, you gave ME **** about correcting another members thread topic post a couple days ago! BIAAATCH!!!

Oh yeah, OP: I had one of those PT cruisers try to race me awhile back when I was heads/cam. I was dumbfounded that he would even try considering I was rumbling his windows from my cam lope! Seemed to be a surprisingly quick little ugly duckling but I wasn't interested in racing that POS as I hate them fugly things.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure what turbo. Im assuming stock, thyat would explain why he lost if he really is pushing 33psi. He would just be pushing hot air. You could really here the turbo with no exhaust on it, he seamed really shocked i beat him, and i was really shocked he hung so well. Really is a sleeper i guess lmao.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Hey wtf, you gave ME **** about correcting another members thread topic post a couple days ago! BIAAATCH!!!

Oh yeah, OP: I had one of those PT cruisers try to race me awhile back when I was heads/cam. I was dumbfounded that he would even try considering I was rumbling his windows from my cam lope! Seemed to be a surprisingly quick little ugly duckling but I wasn't interested in racing that POS as I hate them fugly things.
You mad.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Not sure what turbo. Im assuming stock, thyat would explain why he lost if he really is pushing 33psi. He would just be pushing hot air. You could really here the turbo with no exhaust on it, he seamed really shocked i beat him, and i was really shocked he hung so well. Really is a sleeper i guess lmao.
Stock turbo is good for 22 psi. +-2 psi, so at 33 psi that is one hot hair dryer. The internals would be destroyed.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Stock turbo is good for 22 psi. +-2 psi, so at 33 psi that is one hot hair dryer. The internals would be destroyed.
Not true man.

First, running a turbo beyond it's efficiency range will cause high intake air temps, but the cool burning E85 will keep combustion temps down. You can do amazing things with E85.

Even without the E85 you can run a turbo beyond the efficiency range as long as the timing is kept lower to compensate for the higher temps and increased tendency for knock.

DSM guys will weld an internal wastage shut and make as much boost as the turbo can make for small turbo applications, and just tune accordingly. Not the best idea for long term reliability, but it'll make power.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
Not true man.

First, running a turbo beyond it's efficiency range will cause high intake air temps, but the cool burning E85 will keep combustion temps down. You can do amazing things with E85.

Even without the E85 you can run a turbo beyond the efficiency range as long as the timing is kept lower to compensate for the higher temps and increased tendency for knock.

DSM guys will weld an internal wastage shut and make as much boost as the turbo can make for small turbo applications, and just tune accordingly. Not the best idea for long term reliability, but it'll make power.
I love you. You're so smart. Next time I will
Old 05-19-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

I love you. You're so smart. Next time I will
Not sure how to take this post.

I wasn't being a dick, just that turbo setups are something i've been doing for awhile.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
Not sure how to take this post.

I wasn't being a dick, just that turbo setups are something i've been doing for awhile.
Just know I love you man. No hard () feelings at all. No homo. But you definitely schooled me.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:16 PM

Good kill on the hungry-hungry hippo.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

How do you know if the RX-8 was turbo? You didn't stop to talk to the guy.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm maybe he had a FMIC for his huge vaccum leak then.

Quick Reply: GTO VS 33psi PT cruiser and Turbo RX8!