Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Challenger SRT8 6.4L vs. wife's Pontiac G8

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do you guys keep arguing E/Ts? Thats irrelevant. Any car with a good rear end, tires, will and can 60ft will lead to a good E/T, if he has the trap to back it up. Lets talk trap speeds.

Last edited by adamantium; 05-31-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
IMO the Mach 1 is a 13.9 car with a horrible driver, 13.5 with a below average driver, 13.3 with an average driver, 13.1 with a good driver, and I think given seat time with a great driver one could run 12.9 if track prep was done well. The problem with Mustangs stock is the lack of rubber they are given and the gears (but we all know this so I'm just pointing out the obvious).
Yeah probably right, I haven't had much time with this mustang and don't know anyone around here with a Mach. I race one a while back in my 2v mustang when it was full bolt ons and it wasnt pretty. I have not seen to many of them riding around. The only ones I have seen been at the track and their modded always low 12s or faster but can't explain what they have.

Last edited by Theblacknightls1; 05-31-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Hey, no problem! I do think a dig race could go either way, straight off the assembly line. But im pretty sure 9 times out of 10 a ls1 gto would win the roll race. Now throw tunes at them both.......
So how are they a waste of fuel? Your car runs with them
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O-FiveCC
Stopsign, I called out bolt-on Mach on SVTP. If they are as fast as you say, just get one for two to go to my track day, and we can settle this. I'm not into the internet dick measuring like many. If I have a question of who is faster, I'll just race them. I'll have some weight out in prep for some 11 second car's, so tell them to do the same. If not, then we can calculate .1 for every 100lbs. You like to be a smart ***, I like to actually run said car. Get me some contestants! I see Mach's all over down here, but so far, only have one sketchy response from a bolt-on Mach running 12.8...

And stopsign, you say 12.9 if track prep is great, I don't know the stock Hero Mach runs, but these cars have been out 7-8 years, Has anyone run 12.9 stock with proof?
Good for you on the callout, hope someone answers. And what do you mean by if a bolt on Mach 1 is as fast as I say? When did I say this and what did I say? I'm not going to take the time to get anyone to race you. You've got me confused with someone that cares if a bolt on Mach can or cant beat you with X mods. If you have a problem with me being a smart *** or what my bolt on Mach 1 runs then come run me, not someone else.

I run at Atlanta Dragway so that is a little south from me to help you out. I need to get new tires so give me a day or two notice so Summit can ship them. Other than that let me know.

There actually is a guy that recently ran a corrected 12.9 in a stock Mach 1 I believe. In fact a GM owner off here text messaged me about it. Not sure if this is what he was talking about or not but this is what I'm talking about recently. http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=122153 Not sure if anyone has done better or not, honestly doesn't matter much to me. I don't like racing what if's or other people's car.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Fwiw, Steve Baur (GMHTP) ran an 03 c5 to 12.7 @ 111
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...ure/index.html
Old 05-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

If I had stock gears I would put my Mach back to stock in a heart beat and see what I could do.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Why do you guys keep arguing E/Ts? Thats irrelevant. Any car with a good rear end, tires, will and can 60ft will lead to a good E/T, if he has the trap to back it up. Lets talk trap speeds.
Lol, the Honda lover wanting to talk trap speeds vs ET's. Ironic
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
So how are they a waste of fuel? Your car runs with them
Show me any GT that will run with me, pre 11`. Stock for stock? Welcome to having an old *** car. New cars are faster stock, get over it. When you guys come to terms with that, maybe there can be a civil conversation on here. I have no problems admiting faster cars are faster, but a stock Mach is not one of those cars.... Cobra`s are fast, ne 5.0`s are fast.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Lol, the Honda lover wanting to talk trap speeds vs ET's. Ironic

lol the guy with no car wants to share his meaningless opinion.

Anyways like i previously said lets compare trap speeds. Obviously a 110 mph car will walk a 105 mph car on the street. At the track which car has the potential to have a lower E/T? the Higher MPH car. Basically meaning the higher MPH car is faster.

Last edited by adamantium; 06-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyways like i previously said lets compare trap speeds. Obviously a 110 mph car will walk a 105 mph car on the street. At the track which car has the potential to have a lower E/T? the Higher MPH car. Basically meaning the higher MPH car is faster.
That's like saying a 150lb kick boxer beating the **** out of a 240lb body builder doesn't make sense because the body builder is better.

When you go to the track you aren't out there to see the best trap speed you run. That is why the time is listed on the top.

Some of you guys...

"Hey man what did you run at the track?"
"Oh a 15.5, but dude look at my trap speed!!! 112mph!"
"Woah bro, you are a winner for sure!"
" "
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

That's like saying a 150lb kick boxer beating the **** out of a 240lb body builder doesn't make sense because the body builder is better.

When you go to the track you aren't out there to see the best trap speed you run. That is why the time is listed on the top.

Some of you guys...

"Hey man what did you run at the track?"
"Oh a 15.5, but dude look at my trap speed!!! 112mph!"
"Woah bro, you are a winner for sure!"
" "

Shitty analogy.

Like i said before trap speeds are everything. You're car runs like it should. A 108 mph car should run mid to high 12s. You just proved that you got your car to 60ft thats all. A 108 mph car is a 108mph car, they both have the potential to run similar E/Ts. Heres a good demanstration of a 108 mph car (mustang) vs a 109 mph car (hatch). The hatch ran 12.6 cutting a high 1.9 60ft on DR.

and it was worse from a 45 roll

With a better 60ft the hatch was capable of running low 12s.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to race trap speeds that is your call, not saying you can't. I've just never seen a class at the drag strip where they focus on trap speeds over ETs. I can say I learned something new today. Trap speed > anything else in life
Old 06-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

If you want to race trap speeds that is your call, not saying you can't. I've just never seen a class at the drag strip where they focus on trap speeds over ETs. I can say I learned something new today. Trap speed > anything else in life

What does a class at the strip have to do with this? Usually cars that race in a class are expected to 60ft well, regardless i got a bunch of buddies that enter 11.50 class with a 10.50 car just because they don't feel like throwing in a cage and plus its easy money for them. That's irrelevant.

Bottom line is this. We have 2 cars both cutting identical 60fts one traps a higher MPH than the other, which car has the potential to have a lower E/T?

Edit: If trap speeds were irrelevant then why isn't your 108 mph car running low 11s?

Trap speeds are the best way to gauge how fast a car IS.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

What does a class at the strip have to do with this? Usually cars that race in a class are expected to 60ft well, regardless i got a bunch of buddies that enter 11.50 class with a 10.50 car just because they don't feel like throwing in a cage and plus its easy money for them. That's irrelevant.

Bottom line is this. We have 2 cars both cutting identical 60fts one traps a higher MPH than the other, which car has the potential to have a lower E/T?
What does the lower E/T have to do with anything? You said you don't care about E/T, only trap speed. See here...

Sounds to me like your car doesn't E/T too well and you like roll racing better.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trap speeds are the best way to gauge how fast a car IS.
Going fast in the 1/4 requires more than a trap speed so you are.........what's that word............?.......wrong.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Banned

What does the lower E/T have to do with anything? You said you don't care about E/T, only trap speed. See here...

Sounds to me like your car doesn't E/T too well and you like roll racing better.

What? Im trying to make a point. You were being sarcastic in you're post so i reponded and now your only response is some shitty cheeky comment? Cool.

Going fast in the 1/4 requires more than a trap speed so you are.........what's that word............?.......wrong.

What else does it require cause **** bro your cars 60fting like a low 11 second car, i wonder why its not running low 11s or 10s bro. Oh i know why, because it doesn't have the power/trap speed to do it. Herp Derp.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

My car 60' like a low 11's or 10's car? WTF, I 60' in the high to mid 1.7s

Not sure you know what you talk about.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Banned

My car 60' like a low 11's or 10's car? WTF, I 60' in the high to mid 1.7s

Not sure you know what you talk about.
Sarcasm.

Like i said look at all those low 13 sec cars running low 13s out the box lets compare 60fts to yours. Im damn sure it aint even in the 1.x's.

My argument is this since you obviously can't wrap your head around it.

A higher MPH car has the potential to go faster down the 1/4 (lower E/T).
Old 06-01-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well no ****...but at the track no one cares about trap speed. If you run 13.4@113mph against a 12.1@110mph car you don't get the win light, a hug, or a pat on the back. If you go to a event and one car runs 9.8@143mph against a car that runs 10.0@146mph guess which car takes home the win.

Let's hear what your car runs. I think that will shed some light on the issue.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Banned

Well no ****...but at the track no one cares about trap speed. If you run 13.4@113mph against a 12.1@110mph car you don't get the win light, a hug, or a pat on the back. If you go to a event and one car runs 9.8@143mph against a car that runs 10.0@146mph guess which car takes home the win.

Let's hear what your car runs. I think that will shed some light on the issue.
I know that, that's cool. Never said that's not how the track works. At the track to get the win, you need to be prepared. I don't consider cars that cut 2.x being prepared though.

IMO I consider the higher traping car to be the faster car, just because at all thing equal it will always be faster. BUT that's not how reality works, so yeah.

Oh and ive never taken my car to the track, don't plan to either. Its my daily, if it breaks i don't get to where i need to go and that's more important to me then posting my track times up online.

But i do give you props for having a properly setup car, not many people do it.

Edit: Which is why you and niterider should just cut the ****. He's arguing trap speeds, your arguing E/Ts. Apples to oranges.

Quick Reply: Challenger SRT8 6.4L vs. wife's Pontiac G8