Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Challenger SRT8 6.4L vs. wife's Pontiac G8

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I daily drive my car every day and drive to the track 1.5 hour away beat the living **** out of it, and drive it home and to work the next day. If I was scared to break a car I wouldn't own it. Once you actually run at the track you might start trying to better your ET instead of MPH. As long as my car ETs what I want it to I don't care if it traps 100mph.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I daily drive my car every day and drive to the track 1.5 hour away beat the living **** out of it, and drive it home and to work the next day. If I was scared to break a car I wouldn't own it. Once you actually run at the track you might start trying to better your ET instead of MPH. As long as my car ETs what I want it to I don't care if it traps 100mph.
Not eveyone is as baller status as you stoppy and has more then one car.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still doesn't mean you can't race it at the track.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Still doesn't mean you can't race it at the track.
To some people its not worth the risk shooting for 1.7 60s in their DDs, thats all, I know where hes coming from.

I love driving my car hard, but I hate thinking about when it might go pop lol
Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I daily drive my car every day and drive to the track 1.5 hour away beat the living **** out of it, and drive it home and to work the next day. If I was scared to break a car I wouldn't own it.
Its clear that your car isn't equipped with a 10 bolt.

My opinion on what mach1s should run from factory is this. They are 104-105 mph cars (from what i read in here) right? With average drivers and poor 60fts, I can def see mid to high 13s. But if it has the potential to run low 13s with a driver who can make it 60ft? Def does.

Im a fan of ALL cars. My opinion is very unbiased.

I give props to the small 281 CI motor. Running 12s and traping 108 with just minor bolt ons is impressive. Especially if you pay more attention to the fact that the motor is tiny.

Originally Posted by ZFreie
To some people its not worth the risk shooting for 1.7 60s in their DDs, thats all, I know where hes coming from.

I love driving my car hard, but I hate thinking about when it might go pop lol
Yeah man me too, but i feel bad for it when i beat on it alot. lol

Last edited by adamantium; 06-01-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Nite I want your job lol

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
A loft? That has to be rather expensive out there. What do you do for a living? I can't talk as I'll likely end up renting out a room at my best friend's town home for a few years when he gets out of the army and I'm out of school. Makes sense for me as I'll likely rarely be home and will just be saving up bank for a house
Umm do you not know what a loft is? A loft is a type of condo in this case lol. Not the little space that some 2 story houses have. His loft judging by the cars pictured in the parking garage is at least $500,000

Oh and saving around $1,500 a month from rent for just say 4 years=$72,000 isn't much bank for a house. Making $60k a year with $1,000 monthly debt and a 30 year mortgage at 4% with a 30/39 ratio and $72,000 down is only around $215,000 for a house

Last edited by garner; 06-01-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
A, seriously, you need to watch that racial bullshit. Don't think I can't purchase a first class ticket and come punch you dead in your face. No kidding.

Seriously though, leave the stereotypes out of the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section. I understand Niterider gets all under your skin and everything, but were talking cars here, not racial demographics. Take that weak **** over to SVTP, or wherever else the **** you came from!

Now let's get back to arguing over cars shall we.
Well come do it then :p. Sorry if I offended you. He just acts like he's ******* somebody who we should bow down to and praise...i.e. posting pics of cars who park at his garage lulz who the **** cares.

Sorry BREDWNR
Old 06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
Well come do it then :p. Sorry if I offended you. He just acts like he's ******* somebody who we should bow down to and praise...i.e. posting pics of cars who park at his garage lulz who the **** cares.

Sorry BREDWNR
You brought it up you dumb peace of ****. You said Im hood so I showed you what our "hood" garage looks like and owned you in the process. You try to assume because Im black and have 22's I sell drugs and run from gunshots. I use to kick the **** of out people like you just for the **** of it back in the day. Good times

And dont say sorry you dumb bitch you let your ignorant mouth speak without thinking and in todays world that will get you fucked up quick. Better hope I dont tell tyrone and the boys about this one. LMAO
Old 06-01-2012, 05:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cwarta
Show me any GT that will run with me, pre 11`. Stock for stock? Welcome to having an old *** car. New cars are faster stock, get over it. When you guys come to terms with that, maybe there can be a civil conversation on here. I have no problems admiting faster cars are faster, but a stock Mach is not one of those cars.... Cobra`s are fast, ne 5.0`s are fast.
Who said anything about a gt mustang ? You sniffing glue ? You dont make any sence. A mach Or a cobra will run with your goat so how is it a waste of fuel?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Launching!

I run at Atlanta Dragway so that is a little south from me to help you out. I need to get new tires so give me a day or two notice so Summit can ship them. Other than that let me know.

There actually is a guy that recently ran a corrected 12.9 in a stock Mach 1 I believe. In fact a GM owner off here text messaged me about it. Not sure if this is what he was talking about or not but this is what I'm talking about recently. http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=122153 Not sure if anyone has done better or not, honestly doesn't matter much to me. I don't like racing what if's or other people's car.

I may be able to make it to Atlanta one of these day's, it's really not too far. I'm hoping by getting my 1 piece DS on this Saturday I can get my 60' times into the high 1.7's/low 1.8's. I don't like E-racing either, which is why I want to run some of these car's. We will see if anyone shows
Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Who said anything about a gt mustang ? You sniffing glue ? You dont make any sence. A mach Or a cobra will run with your goat so how is it a waste of fuel?
Oh, so a pre 11` mustang excludes GT`s?

Here is what it boils down to, and im not afraid to admit it. Mach 1- LS1 gto= Drivers race. Im not some keyboard warrior, i have no need to sling **** with you guys on the web. I come to these forums to read the tech sections and learn things i didnt know before. Like i said before, im not brand loyal. Ill ackknowledge anything fast. IMO the GTO, reguardless of the 6.0/5.7 is a far supirior car, and from a roll race it will most deffinatley win stock for stock, and equal drivers. I think the Mach 1`s are a little rarer, (not really sure how many were made, but i have only seen 1 0r 2). I am not a fan of mustangs styling, but i do somewhat like the looks of a mach. They are both great cars, cars that were designed for 2 entirely different purposes. What is an average Mach 1 trap btw? Stock?

On a side not, im begining the install this evening on everything in my sig except echuast and vararam (already done) in 8 hours
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I care about trap speed only because I suck at driving and my ETs will never be good anyways.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
You try to assume because Im black and have 22's I sell drugs and run from gunshots.

I use to kick the **** of out people like you just for the **** of it back in the day.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude in the challenger needs to trade that thing in for a car he can actually drive. Dear lord.

No wonder this thread is 16 pages.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

You brought it up you dumb peace of ****. You said Im hood so I showed you what our "hood" garage looks like and owned you in the process. You try to assume because Im black and have 22's I sell drugs and run from gunshots. I use to kick the **** of out people like you just for the **** of it back in the day. Good times

And dont say sorry you dumb bitch you let your ignorant mouth speak without thinking and in todays world that will get you fucked up quick. Better hope I dont tell tyrone and the boys about this one. LMAO
You're seriously annoying with all this "I beat so much ***" stuff. I used to think you were alright until you felt like everybody needed to know how badass you are. You've got nice cars and a nice living space, we get it. You think you can whoop everybody and their brother, cool. Honestly the only people I've ever known that talk this much **** were the ones who consistently got their *** whooped when they were younger, and when they go some place that nobody knows them they have something to prove. /Rant

Enough with the bullshit, back on topic.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by why87
You're seriously annoying with all this "I beat so much ***" stuff. I used to think you were alright until you felt like everybody needed to know how badass you are. You've got nice cars and a nice living space, we get it. You think you can whoop everybody and their brother, cool. Honestly the only people I've ever known that talk this much **** were the ones who consistently got their *** whooped when they were younger, and when they go some place that nobody knows them they have something to prove. /Rant

Enough with the bullshit, back on topic.
Dont start now. He brought the **** up Im just responding, he took it to that level I was just BS'ing about cars. Dont act like I came in here flexing saying I whoop *** on the daily for no reason. Im just stating facts. And the fact is I have kicked the **** out of alot of racist idiots like him back in the day. So many I cant even begin to count. Dont matter if its me or not you talk like hes talking you will get your **** pushed in anywhere you go. Dont defend this idiot because it makes you look bad. Go find 1 post where I said anything race or fighting related before he said 22" dubs and your from the hood....

Last edited by NiteRiderWS6; 06-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
A, seriously, you need to watch that racial bullshit. Don't think I can't purchase a first class ticket and come punch you dead in your face. No kidding.

Seriously though, leave the stereotypes out of the "Street Racing & Kill Stories" section. I understand Niterider gets all under your skin and everything, but were talking cars here, not racial demographics. Take that weak **** over to SVTP, or wherever else the **** you came from!

Now let's get back to arguing over cars shall we.
He doesn't get it. But what can we expect from a guy who lives in a town with a population of 2,000 and only 89 of them are black and 12 are mexican.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok... lets put the racial shyt up and get back to you going to SC to race stopsign... and still... how the hell did a thread about a nice G8 beating a new 392 with a jack'd tranny turn into all this bs...lol
Old 06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Now back on topic. All this race talk is stupid we are on a car forum not a political website
Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
ok... lets put the racial shyt up and get back to you going to SC to race stopsign... and still... how the hell did a thread about a nice G8 beating a new 392 with a jack'd tranny turn into all this bs...lol
I agree. Because one idiot decided to say because I have 22's that I live in the hood and run from gunshots. Pure comedy

Quick Reply: Challenger SRT8 6.4L vs. wife's Pontiac G8