Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My friends 02 GT 2V Doing work again a few GM rides.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
The 4V went into the Continental one year after the LT1 went into the Corvette, and the same year as the F-body. Stop trying so hard.
In all fairness the origins of the lt started back in the 50s. But a stupid arguement regardless. That 2v is definitely a unicorn. Downright nasty, but a unicorn. I've never seen a decent street driven 2v that's n/a run better than 12s. Same with 4v.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:14 PM
***Repost Police***

20 years vs. 17 years (20 years in a different platform)... OH NO!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by why87
In all fairness the origins of the lt started back in the 50s. But a stupid arguement regardless. That 2v is definitely a unicorn. Downright nasty, but a unicorn. I've never seen a decent street driven 2v that's n/a run better than 12s. Same with 4v.
Well because like I stated way cheaper to slap a sc on it. Can achieve more power with fi than na so people don't bother making a all motor 2v Or 4v extremely fast na.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

Just want it noted that you don't see me taking up for the N/A mod motors in this thread.

I unlike some people, try not to let brand loyalty jade my judgement.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 AM
10 Second Club

20 years vs. 17 years (20 years in a different platform)... OH NO!

You surely are one of the more disliked individuals on this forum, and with childish **** like this it is easy to see why.

Also the whole "brand loyalty" thing is pointless in my book. The forums are brand specific for a reason, of course there are going to be GM loyalist on a GM-based site. I'd expect nothing less on a Mustang forum too.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

I get the brand loyalty thing but what is frustrating is that the same ones don't fully understand on why the mod motor can't be made as fast as an LSx. To me thats ignorance. But you can't fix stupid.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I get the brand loyalty thing but what is frustrating is that the same ones don't fully understand on why the mod motor can't be made as fast as an LSx. To me thats ignorance. But you can't fix stupid.
I think the argument here is N/A vs N/A, and in that category the LSX is the clear winner. I don't think many will argue that. Funny thing is all this debate started over someone whoring out a car that doesn't even belong to them with drag strip videos posted in the Street Racing & Kill Stories section. I'm sure that person knew that if he posted it in the correct forum (Drag Racing Results) it wouldn't have received half of the attention that it did here.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
You surely are one of the more disliked individuals on this forum, and with childish **** like this it is easy to see why.

Also the whole "brand loyalty" thing is pointless in my book. The forums are brand specific for a reason, of course there are going to be GM loyalist on a GM-based site. I'd expect nothing less on a Mustang forum too.
"Disliked" by those who think their **** don't stink. You are one of those.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
***Repost Police***

I think the argument here is N/A vs N/A, and in that category the LSX is the clear winner. I don't think many will argue that. Funny thing is all this debate started over someone whoring out a car that doesn't even belong to them with drag strip videos posted in the Street Racing & Kill Stories section. I'm sure that person knew that if he posted it in the correct forum (Drag Racing Results) it wouldn't have received half of the attention that it did here.
One more time...
I was always under the impression that "Street Racing," and "Kills," weren't mutually exclusive...hence the "&" in between. Either/or.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Keep making yourself look like an idiotic. You're doing a grand job as usual.

After all, you're the one with the big house and three sports cars. Oh, wait...
Old 06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
***Repost Police***

Keep making yourself look like an idiotic. You're doing a grand job as usual.

Here we go with the pompous-******* routine that we've all come to know and love
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

right
Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Because it's so rare! Like I said, I've personally never seen na n/a mod motor car run better than 12s. (and it's not the motor of choice, while everyone and their grandmother has an lsx) If it weren't for the magical youtube I'd have never seen one do it. It is extremely impressive any way you dice it.
right again
wrong
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Here we go with the pompous-******* routine that we've all come to know and love
This is you right now--->

and this is me.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
***Repost Police***

right

Because it's so rare! Like I said, I've personally never seen na n/a mod motor car run better than 12s. (and it's not the motor of choice, while everyone and their grandmother has an lsx) If it weren't for the magical youtube I'd have never seen one do it. It is extremely impressive any way you dice it.

right again

wrong
*** lol
This is you right now--->

and this is me.
No man, not at all. This isn't your personal puppet theater like you think it is.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
10 Second Club

x 1,324,568.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ouch! Taking no prisoners

Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

I think the reason why is because people are lazy these days and don't like a challenge. They just want to make X power and run X times. The cheapest and easiest way possible. The answer is FI. Plus many try and be their local top dog and to do that you need FI to compete. But you are right, for me locally that I personally knew, there were only 3 n/a mod motors in the 11's. But thanks to networking on the internet I can think of about 8 n/a mod motors that went into the 11's with bolt-ons off the top of my head. Its just not the greatest platform for n/a (small cube and small bore).

-Mark
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

You, sir, need to calm down and give it a rest. Is the lack of order killing you because of your extreme OCD. This thread clearly interested a lot of people and you are the only person who seems to be bothered by it.

This is the Street Racing AND Kills section. Not the Street Racing Kills section. There are clearly 3 videos posted showing 3 kills. So this is technically in the correct section.

You also make it sound like I just plucked a video from the internet and decided to randomly throw it on. This is a friend of mine that lives a half mile from me that I race with regularly.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Ouch! Taking no prisoners

No Mercy.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FlatBlackZ28
You, sir, need to calm down and give it a rest. Is the lack of order killing you because of your extreme OCD. This thread clearly interested a lot of people and you are the only person who seems to be bothered by it.

This is the Street Racing AND Kills section. Not the Street Racing Kills section. There are clearly 3 videos posted showing 3 kills. So this is technically in the correct section.

You also make it sound like I just plucked a video from the internet and decided to randomly throw it on. This is a friend of mine that lives a half mile from me that I race with regularly.
Oooo Guuurl No E di-it.

You argue like a chick.

Quick Reply: My friends 02 GT 2V Doing work again a few GM rides.