Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ported/Pullied Cobra destroys my WS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28

Only one way to find out I've gone a best of 12.5xx at 112. But from a roll it could be a drivers race.

PM sent.
Yeah, I think it would be a decent matchup. My car makes a bit more power, but yours has the weight advantage. My trap was close to the same, but my ET sucks because CTS-V's aren't that great at the strip, & everyone knows they have the shittiest rear end known to man so I never launched the car hard off the line.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EPIK
One thing I forgot to add after talking to Matt earlier. There was a bone stock 2004 GT out there that night. Well on his way to In and Out burger this same WS6 was revving up and taunting him, then dowshifting and punching it on this Stock GT. So the GT raced him anyways and got destroyed with his 220 rw. Well the O.P must have seen where the GT exited the freeway and came back. He seen all the cars in the parking lot and came in all cocky barking his exhaust. Immediately he went up to the group of guys asking who owned the Cobra because he wanted to race it for MONEY. Well while Matt was eating his burger across the parking lot the owner of the stock GT told him the story of the WS6 taunting him. So Matt figured **** it, payback is a bitch lol. Plus the guy came up to him assuming it was an Eaton car, He never asked if it was Whippled or anything else.

So the O.P has 390 rw picking on a 220 rw car that didnt want to run. Thats 170 rw difference. Matt lied about his numbers so he could give the O.P some of his own medicine. Thats how the game gets played fellas. Dont pick on cats and not expect to get picked on back...
Wow, I'll end it here. Not here to start drama, but this couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth.

The owner of the stock GT and I revved back and forth in good fun, prior to the meet location. I did a flyby to see if he was game, and he was. I beat him pretty bad and went on my way. I wouldn't say it was taunting, lol, more of gauging interest. And how am I suppose to know which cars are stock when they are loud as hell mustangs that are lowered? Lol

I rolled in pretty quietly, small talked with the fox guys, see the cobra. Asked who owned. Walked up to Matt and asked him how they normally race,lol, I don't street race. I jokingly asked him what people normally race for 1000 bucks. And he and I both agreed we'd prefer fun runs. We laughed and shook hands after the race and I revved when leaving, who doesn't rev their car for fun???

It's amazing how things get perceived differently and you have no idea until the next day. It was good vibes and that's unfortunate that they saw me as some cocky A-hole, lol. I'm the furthest thing from that. It's funny how people are face to face vs when you leave....

With that said, I will bow out of this thread.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Epik just went from cool at the top of the thread to a tool five posts later... what gives?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:43 AM
10 Second Club

Wow, I'll end it here. Not here to start drama, but this couldn't be the furthest thing from the truth.

The owner of the stock GT and I revved back and forth in good fun, prior to the meet location. I did a flyby to see if he was game, and he was. I beat him pretty bad and went on my way. I wouldn't say it was taunting, lol, more of gauging interest. And how am I suppose to know which cars are stock when they are loud as hell mustangs that are lowered? Lol

I rolled in pretty quietly, small talked with the fox guys, see the cobra. Asked who owned. Walked up to Matt and asked him how they normally race,lol, I don't street race. I jokingly asked him what people normally race for 1000 bucks. And he and I both agreed we'd prefer fun runs. We laughed and shook hands after the race and I revved when leaving, who doesn't rev their car for fun???

It's amazing how things get perceived differently and you have no idea until the next day. It was good vibes and that's unfortunate that they saw me as some cocky A-hole, lol. I'm the furthest thing from that. It's funny how people are face to face vs when you leave....

typical mustang owners..u should spray and smoke his ***
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 AM
On The Tree

First of all fellas, let me clear things up, Matt caught wind of this thread & wanted me to reply in his words what went down that night, I was too busy to post at the time so I let him log in under my screen name. I wasn't there that night, & I can careless what happened, but those were his words in the post. I know he can register here with his own name, but why would he join "LS1Tech" if he owns 2 Mustangs???

Originally Posted by lemons12
Epik just went from cool at the top of the thread to a tool five posts later... what gives?
Ok, that is a bit out of line. Calm down with all of that, you don't know me & this is only the Internet bud don't get all bent out of shape over a post that really didn't say anything negative about the OP at all, it simply stated the other parties side of the story that night. Like I stated I wasn't there, I have no clue what went down other than the video & hearsay.

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
typical mustang owners..u should spray and smoke his ***
I will be the 1st to say this, coming from being an ex new edge Mustang owner (& not a Cobra) it is usually quite the contrary. Most of the time the LSX owners would be the ones that would hate on the Mustang guys since they always knew they had the upper hand power wise...

I'm not here to start any drama either, if I was, why would I reply to you in a PM about setting up a friendly race with my Cadi? it's really not that serious & sounds like Matt's reply under my screen name was taken the wrong way. I think he was just trying to state the way it was perceived by the other guys out there, who knows, like I said I wasn't there.... Sorry if things were taken the wrong way, but that was not anyones intentions at all... I am still willing to do that friendly run with my Cadi, even though most likely the outcome will be in your favor. All in good fun...

Last edited by EPIK; 07-09-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
Heads/100 shot would reverse the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGFxY...e_gdata_player
Was that a whipple car?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

To some people, no matter how cool the person in the other brand car is...they are a douche.

People lying about and downplaying their mods happens all the time. It's the way it has always been, everybody wants people to think that they have less than they really do.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Was that a whipple car?
Yeah. 2.9 whipple
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah. 2.9 whipple
Good job! You may have had him covered on motor.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Teching In

I was gonna say, thats def not a 500whp cobra lol. 500whp cobras are nothing impressive either.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
kind of funny people would lie about HP on just a friendly run
Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, kinda like downplaying mods.
Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Not so much funny, more so pathetic...

That kind of person lies to make himself feel better about his car... its pretty weak and sad actually...
HAHA! There's a few people who actually do that crap here in the Bay Area.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Heater
To some people, no matter how cool the person in the other brand car is...they are a douche.

People lying about and downplaying their mods happens all the time. It's the way it has always been, everybody wants people to think that they have less than they really do.
I can understand if the race is for money, but people do that around here and the runs are just for fun. Oh well... maybe they don't want other people copying their set ups or something.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I can understand if the race is for money, but people do that around here and the runs are just for fun. Oh well... maybe they don't want other people copying their set ups or something.
If you don't do it on ALL your runs... Why do it on some?

Word will spread.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I was gonna say, thats def not a 500whp cobra lol. 500whp cobras are nothing impressive either.

Yeah, Cobra's are over rated.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Yeah. 2.9 whipple
I doubt the OP would do what you did to that cobra even if he got heads and a 150 shot. But he can try lmfao.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
If you don't do it on ALL your runs... Why do it on some?

Word will spread.
That's for sure lol. Honestly tuners talk as well so there is really no way to keep a setup a secret unless you tune your own car. I know someone who was hiding some mods and the person who he bought the parts from and tuner told others and word got out lol. I thought it was pretty damn funny actually.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2sick4v's
I doubt the OP would do what you did to that cobra even if he got heads and a 150 shot. But he can try lmfao.
So whats that cobra trap high 130s?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Matt doesn't hide his mods. "IF" his story regarding the OP was true, then he was just giving him a taste of is own medicine for messing with the much slower 2V GT... If it wasn't true, then it was all in good fun.

Anyhow, Matt just recently installed the whipple on his car & it has yet to see the strip, but we will know what it runs on Aug 21st.

As far as comparing a Z06 vs. Cobra, & a WS6 vs. Cobra, these are 2 VERY different comparisons. A WS6 weighs almost 500 lbs more than a C5 Z06, which makes a HUGE difference in the outcome of a race.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2sick4v's
THIS^^^ is the TRUTH!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
So whats that cobra trap high 130s?
I would guess around 130 would be the norm for a whippled cobra.

Quick Reply: Ported/Pullied Cobra destroys my WS6