Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me vs Turbo Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Go on a private track rental day. The prep is even better than events like I vs D

See reply above. The prep is way better than even though its costly to run(100 usually) but you can get a TON of runs in
I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, that's legit.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
I know a few 9 second hatches runnin around... Last years finals at Imports vs Domestics was foxbody vs a talon... http://youtu.be/cjU_Ff1HIjc
There was no way this was last years... Thats sheps car and he just got it running last year on the new set up. Prior to last year the car was down for quite a few years and before that it sat like it did in this video. This video is probably from like 2007...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Teching In

This is what his car looks like now.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZb5v...layer_embedded

get better tires and learn how to drive?

How would more torque help traction in any car? Your thought process is beyond stupid.
Are you really this ******* stupid??? With all the traction in the world hondas 60 ft like ****..... Leave it to you ***** to not know torque is what gets the ****** moving when traction is present. This is why you **** get ur day fucked up from a dig. You are the one who has no clue.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Are you really this ******* stupid??? With all the traction in the world hondas 60 ft like ****..... Leave it to you ***** to not know torque is what gets the ****** moving when traction is present. This is why you **** get ur day fucked up from a dig. You are the one who has no clue.
Weight transfer is why fwd sucks from a dig.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZb5v...layer_embedded

get better tires and learn how to drive?

How would more torque help traction in any car? Your thought process is beyond stupid.
Isnt the J32 the nsx 6 cylinder? And its turboed? Id hate to know how much money he has in that setup to run mid 10's.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM
***Repost Police***

No, that is the C series.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
No, that is the C series.

Ah gotcha, Im not up to par on my Honda motors.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Teching In

According to you, with all the traction possible (which isn't much), Hondas 60ft like ****. So your brilliant idea is to give them more torque. Makes sense.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Ah gotcha, Im not up to par on my Honda motors.
Me either, maybe we aren't missing much?

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
According to you, with all the traction possible (which isn't much), Hondas 60ft like ****. So your brilliant idea is to give them more torque. Makes sense.
I think he's saying that the whole setup isn't great for digs...period.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I think he's saying that the whole setup isn't great for digs...period.
So the obvious remedy is more torque. Duh.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What im saying is this: Traction is an excuse.....heavy spring out back with limit straped front with proper tire and your little **** boxes can get plenty of traction set up properly. Most honda homos never go to the extent im talking. However if it was set up proper a j series thathooks is gona get a beter 60 than your **** bseries. Learn how to make you little **** boxes work from a dig. You guys always worry about a big gay number instead of the whole deal. Now tell be how its impossible and they are so powerfull they dont have traction lol... Then in the next sentence tell me how you have no limit straps and how your car sits so low you cant get much tire on it lmao you guys are clueless keep relying on the back half .
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Teching In

My little Honda doesn't even have a b-series, just a little old bone stock single cam :/

My other shitbox however does just fine from a dig.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
Isnt the J32 the nsx 6 cylinder? And its turboed? Id hate to know how much money he has in that setup to run mid 10's.
The C series is whats in the NSX as was already said. This guy has a stock motor with a turbo bolted to it and some slicks from the looks of it:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3055801
Old 07-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Teching In

What im saying is this: Traction is an excuse.....heavy spring out back with limit straped front with proper tire and your little **** boxes can get plenty of traction set up properly. Most honda homos never go to the extent im talking. However if it was set up proper a j series thathooks is gona get a beter 60 than your **** bseries. Learn how to make you little **** boxes work from a dig. You guys always worry about a big gay number instead of the whole deal. Now tell be how its impossible and they are so powerfull they dont have traction lol... Then in the next sentence tell me how you have no limit straps and how your car sits so low you cant get much tire on it lmao you guys are clueless keep relying on the back half .
Im sure its not as easy as throwing a high rate spring in the rear and strapping down the front. Drag racing is not some crazy new thing
Old 07-20-2012, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes thats Mr. Shepards car...lol. i'm gettin old and had it confused, sorry... i believe last years was a Cobra and a Supra in the super street class... i'll have the camera rollin this year folks. Can't wait til the bikini contest!!

http://www.importvsdomestic.com/wcf/...s_11/index.htm

Originally Posted by m6ls1maro
There was no way this was last years... Thats sheps car and he just got it running last year on the new set up. Prior to last year the car was down for quite a few years and before that it sat like it did in this video. This video is probably from like 2007...

Last edited by NOLAG05; 07-20-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Teching In

They didn't finish last year. They got to the semi-finals and quit. We left around 11pm and the temperature was in the 30's and they were still running. Supposed to be a 3 day event this year.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Im sure its not as easy as throwing a high rate spring in the rear and strapping down the front. Drag racing is not some crazy new thing
Actually it is almost that easy. I strapped my front end down and use the E-brake as a stage brake to pre-load the suspension and drivetrain. That was a big improvement that helped me pull low 1.7's on the radials with such low power levels.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

This is why they suck and I bitch. Can you imagine driving a hunk of **** around on the street with the front strapped and to much spring at both ends.....what a heap o' ****. A friend is messing with a neon, he's talking about running like 500 and 300 lb springs and strapping it, it's gonna ride like ****.
Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr
Actually it is almost that easy. I strapped my front end down and use the E-brake as a stage brake to pre-load the suspension and drivetrain. That was a big improvement that helped me pull low 1.7's on the radials with such low power levels.
Read above. Do you ride around strapped all the time?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

didn't finish?

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
They didn't finish last year. They got to the semi-finals and quit. We left around 11pm and the temperature was in the 30's and they were still running. Supposed to be a 3 day event this year.

Quick Reply: Me vs Turbo Civic