Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT8 Jeep gives my 402 a helluva roll race

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
where do you srt8 guys keep getting the impression he EVER pulled me? The best he could muster was when I actually had to go WOT to stay even with him from the 120-160mph mark, when under 120mph I was 90% WOT to keep from rear ending him? Trust me, I'll walk hard on ANY vehicle in 2nd gear that can't beat me in 3rd gear.
So you say the BEST he could muster was making you go full WOT from 120-160 where the Jeep has it's worst disadvantage with trying to push the air out of his way? All the while you are slipping through the gigantic opening of air he just created? Am I reading that correctly?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
So you say the BEST he could muster was making you go full WOT from 120-160 where the Jeep has it's worst disadvantage with trying to push the air out of his way? All the while you are slipping through the gigantic opening of air he just created? Am I reading that correctly?
Sounds like boost to me.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Yes. Drafting doesn't work from 1 1/2 cars back where I was. You gotta be less then half a car length back to benefit from it. I instead was getting buffeted by his slipstream.