Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
You couldnt be more ignorant if you tried.....
Oh yea I can......the problem is you don't like the truth....now go put a front bumper cover on your car.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it always baffles me how people get so worked up over someone elses choice in cars....as if the person building the honda sneaks in your house at night and steals the money and credit cards out of your wallet to fund his build

get real dude.....

i think the LS series motors are probably one of the best motor platform's you could modify..thats saying alot since im a long time ford fanatic and im now dong a turbo LSX swap in my Foxbody...with that being said, we all hear people says fords are ****, GM is ****, all imports are ****.......to be honest, not a single one is the "holy grail" of automotive quality and technology and all have had a ton of problems in production and quality...but to call a Honda a piece of **** and you driving a GM or a ford is like the pot calling the kettle black....wether you like it or not honda has had a far more successful reliability and resale rating than any american car manufacture...not to mention more hondas, nissans and toyota's are produced in the US than american branded cars....at least the japanese auto makers are bringing jobs to the US, unlike GM, ford and chrysler..they give canadians and mexicans most of the jobs..
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Honda's are junk period....I don't give a **** if you guys like it or not. It takes a bunch of band aids to keep that **** alive and they still don't last. I could give a **** less is one is faster than me or not. You guys act like I could'nt make mine faster if I wanted. I've had a ls7 in my shop for a year now but I enjoy tinkering with the ls6.....and it but hurts the **** out of some of you that it has went 11.1 @ 130......Do you really think it can't roll race with 130mph trap? Is it the fastest ever...nope......but sure the **** is gonna ride and drive a ton better than a heap of **** honda.
No it doesn't lol no ones butt hurt that you havnt broke 10s or that you haven't been able to break 140 mph =)
Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I'm not butt hurt at all. In case you ain't noticed I'm just ****** with a stock longblock with 80k on it.....let me know if your honda the way you have it runs to 20k.....I bet it won't make it to 10k. Your probally one of those **** that run around with your bumper off and holes drill in you rearend.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:35 AM

I'm not butt hurt at all. In case you ain't noticed I'm just ****** with a stock longblock with 80k on it.....let me know if your honda the way you have it runs to 20k.....I bet it won't make it to 10k. Your probally one of those **** that run around with your bumper off and holes drill in you rearend.
Lol I didnt say you were butt hurt. Does it count if I change things in that 20k? Because next month comes some big changes and i dont want to reset your little counter when I swap cams or some ****. Stock body civic, full interior, all bumpers in tact, no diffusers, no fart can.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Used to be a really fast Civic guy in Texas years ago I think-Cheesefrog or something like that. Full interior car,looked stock-even stock rims. Went 10s at 130 plus years ago which was insane...
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Teching In

The motor I had in my car last year was a stock block/stock head ls-vtec and had 180k on it when I installed it in early 07'. That motor never blew and was pulled and rebuilt with forged internals. From the time I boosted it in late 07' it ran 11.9-11.6 at 118+/- on MT et streets 225-50-15. It made 310hp and 260tq on 10psi and when I pulled it out I put 60k on the car (DD).

This crap about Honda's not lasting long is absolutely absurd and couldn't be farther from the truth. ANY car will blow up with some jackass driving it and not maintaining the car properly. I don't care what brand it is, if you don't take care of it or drive like you have no sense, your just riding on borrowed time.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Teching In

And my car weighs 2500 lbs with me in it. It has leather interior and no significant weight reduction.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cheese frogs car was turbo and nitrous as well
Old 07-19-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Cheese frogs car was turbo and nitrous as well
Very similar lol
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Launching!

cheesefrog
Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's A badass
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr

This crap about Honda's not lasting long is absolutely absurd and couldn't be farther from the truth. ANY car will blow up with some jackass driving it and not maintaining the car properly. I don't care what brand it is, if you don't take care of it or drive like you have no sense, your just riding on borrowed time.
Yeah thats exactly what i don't get about this guy. Its obvious he's never even owned a civic. That is like me saying SRT4's are **** and don't stay together for 10k but ive never owned an SRT4, how credible is my opinion? lol.

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
it always baffles me how people get so worked up over someone elses choice in cars....as if the person building the honda sneaks in your house at night and steals the money and credit cards out of your wallet to fund his build

get real dude.....

i think the LS series motors are probably one of the best motor platform's you could modify..thats saying alot since im a long time ford fanatic and im now dong a turbo LSX swap in my Foxbody...with that being said, we all hear people says fords are ****, GM is ****, all imports are ****.......to be honest, not a single one is the "holy grail" of automotive quality and technology and all have had a ton of problems in production and quality...but to call a Honda a piece of **** and you driving a GM or a ford is like the pot calling the kettle black....wether you like it or not honda has had a far more successful reliability and resale rating than any american car manufacture...not to mention more hondas, nissans and toyota's are produced in the US than american branded cars....at least the japanese auto makers are bringing jobs to the US, unlike GM, ford and chrysler..they give canadians and mexicans most of the jobs..
Honda is by far one of the best car company's out there, as far as reliability, gas mileage, and resale value goes. My parents just got rid of their Ford cars for new Honda's. Not saying that the American cars didn't last they did but they were falling apart years ago.

You do notice you're the ONLY person on here stating that Honda's are unreliable right?

Besides that i already said this, your car is fast and really impressive for what it is. But at the end of the day sadly for you the civic is still out there racing cars and bikes out of YOUR league.

Again, that is like me attempting to discredit your car when all i have is a stockish F-body. I don't have room to talk. So IMO you should just shut up.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Teching In

His car also was also an LS (non vtec). FTW lol
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

[QUOTE=adamantium;16534890]how credible is my opinion? lol.
QUOTE]

Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
His car also was also an LS (non vtec). FTW lol
lol ive owned 3 cars with LS's they take a beating and never skip a beat. But thats with all honda motors. My friends H2B had more engine sludge than any motor ive seen in my life, he ran some marvel mystery oil through it a couple times and beat the **** out of it everyday, never had any issues. When he sold the car to my other friend who know has the piston/rod k on boost that guy through it on 75shot while it was on the all motor tune never had any issue and the all motor tune had a **** load of timing, i know. haha.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Teg, I know......
Old 07-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by adamantium
lol ive owned 3 cars with LS's they take a beating and never skip a beat. But thats with all honda motors. My friends H2B had more engine sludge than any motor ive seen in my life, he ran some marvel mystery oil through it a couple times and beat the **** out of it everyday, never had any issues. When he sold the car to my other friend who know has the piston/rod k on boost that guy through it on 75shot while it was on the all motor tune never had any issue and the all motor tune had a **** load of timing, i know. haha.
Iv had 3 problems with my Honda - 1) I pushed it too far 2 years ago with too much timing, and too much boost. 2) a flood sunk my **** 3) the block wasn't decked after the sleeves were pressed in. Honda motors are legit when done right.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ej1overspool
Iv had 3 problems with my Honda - 1) I pushed it too far 2 years ago with too much timing, and too much boost. 2) a flood sunk my **** 3) the block wasn't decked after the sleeves were pressed in. Honda motors are legit when done right.
Yeah i had a friend of mine have that first issue you had with a beater b16 he got, too much timing and too much boost. Broke a ringland. IMO the tuner is just too timing happy.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by clonedws6
Teg, I know......
You posted that before I refreshed

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs ZX14