Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo Civic vs ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess haters will hate....but hating doesnt make you any faster.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Honda junk and unreliable? lmafo are you ******* serious? Comparing honda and GM as far as build quailty and longetivity is much like apples to oranges. As far as a cheap performance plateform GM has quite a few but in terms of your everyday car they suck period. GM has to have one of worst resale value of any manufacturer. Just look at a c6 z06. What they did originally start off as 70-80k? Now you can find them a few years later with under 20k miles on them for 40k...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m6ls1maro
Honda junk and unreliable? lmafo are you ******* serious? Comparing honda and GM as far as build quailty and longetivity is much like apples to oranges. As far as a cheap performance plateform GM has quite a few but in terms of your everyday car they suck period. GM has to have one of worst resale value of any manufacturer. Just look at a c6 z06. What they did originally start off as 70-80k? Now you can find them a few years later with under 20k miles on them for 40k...

Not sure about that my car on KBB is worth 10k that being said its 10 years old and has 99k. Not bad, IMO. But GM's are some tough cars engine wise, i dont agree as much about their interior quality though. These opinions are about my f-body though, not talking for ALL GM vehicles, btw.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamantium
Not sure about that my car on KBB is worth 10k that being said its 10 years old and has 99k. Not bad, IMO. But GM's are some tough cars engine wise, i dont agree as much about their interior quality though. These opinions are about my f-body though, not talking for ALL GM vehicles, btw.
Your value has went up a lot because Pontiac is gone.

Now that Chevrolet brought out the 5th gen, look up the price on a comparable 4th gen Camaro to a 4th gen Trans Am. I guarantee the Trans Am will be more expensive because it is more "rare".

Interior quality on Fbodies is junk
Old 07-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6

Now that Chevrolet brought out the 5th gen, look up the price on a comparable 4th gen Camaro to a 4th gen Trans Am. I guarantee the Trans Am will be more expensive because it is more "rare".

Not sure i was actually looking for a camaro over a firebird. But yeah you're right, i put in all the exact same stats of my car but in a camaro and its worth 2k less. I agree the interior quality is ****, all honesty not to offend anyone but IMO the interior quality of my civic held up 100x better than my formula, that being said my civic was 3 years older and had 50k miles more.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pontiacs were always more valuable for some reason..with regard to 4th gen f cars.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yup. And I like the interior quality on Trans Ams, I wouldn't change a thing...seats are great! . If you changed it it wouldn't be right, imo.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Rolls are ******* gay period. They dont even have any kind of track to guage the ****. We rwd n/a v8 guys dont cry when awd wants to do dig runs. They are the one with full advantage. we run them from a dig. Only fwd guys cry for their roll race that doesnt matter. Go tell your local track you wana cross the staging lanes at 60 to see how much you improved your roll speed lmao. Rolls are a lame excuse for a car that cant 60ft. Botom line. This sport of making your **** go fast straight originated from dead stop for a reason. Dead stop also eliminates a ricer from learning how to drive.
Better go tell HioSSilver that. After stopsign beat that Camaro at the track Hio's argument was to bring up what happened when stopsign raced the same car from a roll. In typical fashion he just changes what is acceptable to fit his argument at the time.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The interior in my car still looks new. If it holds up as well in the next 13yrs as it did the first 13 I will be highly impressed.
Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Better go tell HioSSilver that. After stopsign beat that Camaro at the track Hio's argument was to bring up what happened when stopsign raced the same car from a roll. In typical fashion he just changes what is acceptable to fit his argument at the time.
Nope not what I said. I said what happened on the street when they ran from a dig. Stoppy got his *** handed to him. All stoppy did at the track was out tire him. After all this is the street racing section is it not?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Nope not what I said. I said what happened on the street when they ran from a dig. Stoppy got his *** handed to him. All stoppy did at the track was out tire him. After all this is the street racing section is it not?
So your comment was regarding the race where the Camaro got the hit?

Either way, you've posted up races that you have been in that were from a roll, so they must not be all that bad.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 07-20-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

The camaro did'nt take the hit. They had a street race that stoppy posted. Go look it up. He got walked so bad he thought Sepno had a cam.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:09 AM

I already had. It wasn't a cheater hit or anything, but it didn't sound like they left at the same time according to what stopsign wrote.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I see you posted it up and then took it down.....you should've left it up. When someone gets a bumper I would'nt say he took the hit. Looked like to me the Camaro and he took off about the same, just the Camaro started pulling him from the beginning.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:20 AM

The hit is huge in a dig race, even if it's just a bumper. Also, when he says "...he took off. I followed..." how does that look like they left at the same time and the Camaro started pulling right away?

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The the light turned green and he took off. I followed (he only had like a nose on me) but I knew it wasn't going to be good with these God awful tires!!!! He hit 2nd before me so I'm guessing he had gears. Anyways I hit 2nd and went sideways all through it He pulled a solid car on me and kept pulling.
Well I wanted 2nds and he did too. We lined up close to 40mph, me in 2nd and him in IDK. I honked it off and on the 3rd we both left at the same time, it was a perfect start. We were pretty close with him inching ahead. I hit 3rd and again went sideways while he pulled half a car. He shifted and I pulled back some but after he went into 4th (before me ) he did start a decent pull. At 110mph I would say he had a car on me. If I had traction I would say it would have been half a car.
Either way, that's all besides the point. If you say your comment was directed that the dig race then it was directed towards the dig race.

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 07-20-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
So your comment was regarding the race where the Camaro got the hit?

Either way, you've posted up races that you have been in that were from a roll, so they must not be all that bad.
Sometimes you have to play with the cards that are dealt if it's some imprmptu highway race. I will pretty much refuse a race set-up from a 60. If that is all your car is good for then you have junk and should take it home and fix it. I don't mind slow rolls but this 60 and 80mph **** is stupid. That being said my car is no dig car either, but I would rather go from a dig as long as all is on a comparable tire.

If I remember right when sepno checked in on that thread he said he was having all kinds of traction issues too.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

You all do realize not everyone is interested in having a drag car. We have a few big power cars here that will only race from rolls simply because they can't hook. Not everyone is interested in running at the track. Hiho is apparently still a ******* idiot and I want to buy this civic, make a compilation of me beating fast LSx cars and then post it on here and laugh at everyone crying.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

When someone gets a bumper I would'nt say he took the hit
From the post it sounded like a bumper and forward momentum. That is everything in a race!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by sw07gt
You all do realize not everyone is interested in having a drag car. We have a few big power cars here that will only race from rolls simply because they can't hook. Not everyone is interested in running at the track. Hiho is apparently still a ******* idiot and I want to buy this civic, make a compilation of me beating fast LSx cars and then post it on here and laugh at everyone crying.
Go ahead. You'll spend more time and money fixing/working on it when it breaks constantly then it's worth.
From the post it sounded like a bumper and forward momentum. That is everything in a race!
Well I guess stoppy should've been on the ball a little better. They were both spinning so that little bit would'nt matter much anyway.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Go ahead. You'll spend more time and money fixing/working on it when it breaks constantly then it's worth.

Well I guess stoppy should've been on the ball a little better. They were both spinning so that little bit would'nt matter much anyway.
LOL your a funny guy, cognitive thought isnt your strong suite but at least your funny =)
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Teching In

Dairy farm!

Quick Reply: Turbo Civic vs ZX14