Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford Lightning WTF!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning WTF!!

Today I was in my SS (car in sig) and I roll up on a Ford lightning. It was black in North AL so if anyone knows this guy show him this thread. Liscense plate read L1TNING or something very similiar. Either way he sees me coming from behind him and he just takes off. He then just slows down to ~75ish mph.

I was crusing at 90 to catch him I do catch him I am pacing him at 60 or so and he doesn't do anything at all so I just shift down to 6th. He then just all of a sudden floors it. I could not hear any type of blower whine or anything over my exhaust. I downshift to 4th at 65mph with him 1 1/2 cars ahead. Around 100 I've pulled even about to begin the steady pull but there is a car in my lane coming up fast so I have to let out.

I call that W in my book because I pulled even after he took the hit a 1 1/2 car jump and I was definitely in the wrong gear.

Why in the world does everyone who is down for a race will NEVER line up even and just wants to play chase. If anyone in the North AL area knows this guy get him in here so maybe we can line up a real race. Plus I want to know what is done to that truck.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

So you give him a big hit and catch him and you want to race him fairly? lol.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on the roll race win over a brick. if there's any justice in the world he will have only toyed with you and when you race again, fairly as you called it, he destroys you. Then, someone else posts the video in this section and you have no choice but to respond. That's so good it could be made into a movie. well.... On youtube at least.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys...I think. Either way I honestly want a fair race especially if that other person is doing everything they can to make sure that you don't. I heard some info from some friends and if that is the Lightning that they think it is its a stalled auto, ported supercharger, intercooler, pullied, boltons with a tune. Also I can't confirm but I heard that it has nitrous also.

IF it is what my friends think it is and he didn't spray me (which I assume he didn't) because I was able to outrun him. His spray vs. my spray will be very interesting.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
So you give him a big hit and catch him and you want to race him fairly? lol.
agree
Old 08-10-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
congrats on the roll race win over a brick. if there's any justice in the world he will have only toyed with you and when you race again, fairly as you called it, he destroys you. Then, someone else posts the video in this section and you have no choice but to respond. That's so good it could be made into a movie. well.... On youtube at least.
Doubt any of the above will happen vs a cammed nitrous LS. the Lightning would have to be Sporting some serious mods.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If my friends are right about that lightning I raced and his mods are accurate. I think a ported pullied intercooled stalled and nitrous are some serious mods. But if I run him again in a "fair" race it could be interesting.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

People seem to forget that lightnings are 1/8 mi monsters. My cousin has one with less than $1000 in mods that will drag me (400rwhp with nitrous off) in the 1/8. Those trucks make over 550tq with a pulley and intake. If you were able to dig race him, it would be good until you hit about 90.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a lightning and yea its OK to about 70. Then its full turd-ness come out. Trust me its the 4600lb truck that runs high 13's and its nothing to lose sleep over op. You would beat him with 500 pounds of American fatass in your car even. I don't even race mine its a parts getter.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

like with most things...they can be made fast with enough knowledge and $$$$$$

etc, etc
Old 08-12-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

mid 12's with mine..... modest mods too.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by usnfenix
I have a lightning and yea its OK to about 70. Then its full turd-ness come out. Trust me its the 4600lb truck that runs high 13's and its nothing to lose sleep over op. You would beat him with 500 pounds of American fatass in your car even. I don't even race mine its a parts getter.
You're crazy there are a few fast Lightnings I know of personally. Like someone mentioned with enough money you can make anything fast.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

i agree with REDFIRE 03...i know of a few quick lightnings here, and i had a modded '94 lt1 formula and on a highway run, he slowly began pulling...so they do run strong and anything can be made fast...deep pockets gets deeper et's.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning WTF!!