Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 ws6 vs 2013 boss

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i give up on society... i really do. I posted a video of my friends car with just a drag radial... and people are actually bitching its not a stock car. So when you guys claim stock car runs a decent time when it has a full exhaust... thats not an even worse comparison... please. I posted that video in point thats how fast the car is. The op raced the exact same car on the roll (pretty sure drag radials wont make this car any faster from a roll, and if thats your arguement, i rest my case).... supposedly was side by side with it. The op must have a 115-116 mph lid/catback car. If no one sees that point, again.... case = rested.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

actually im just gonna jump on the ignorant bandwagon...

stock f body = stock boss 302

bolt on f body = 2013 GT500

H/C f body = space shuttle
Old 08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
***Repost Police***

I think the point was seen (by most), it's just the execution that they had a problem with.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I think the point was seen (by most), it's just the execution that they had a problem with.
if you go back and read... u will see that i posted it has drag radials.. my point is the MPH...115mph vs 107mph... Drag radials dont make a car accelerate faster on the roll. If thats the case... i need some drag radials asap. Not attacking you... im just pissed off at how ignorant people can actually be and will pick anything apart to swing an argument in there favor.

Whats the worlds fastest bone stock f body (it can have drag radials because im not gonna bitch about that) run at the track? Ill even take he said/she said answers/rumors of what it is.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Stop defending your butt-buddy man. ***** getting old.
Lol 2 posts and ****'s getting old? BTW i'm not so much defending Evan as i am defending the car from the misconceptions ITT.

If you're going to NED you're probably going to want to leave your street tires home. Prep can be very poor, which is why Rob borrowed DRs.

You're right though. I don't know Evan or Rob (Yellow Boss in the vid), i've never seen either car race, have no idea what their mods are, have not seen 2 separate stock Boss 302s trap 115+ in mediocre air, and generally don't have a clue what i'm talking about.

All the video evidence to the contrary must be lies and/or computer generations, right?

Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Lol 2 posts and ****'s getting old? BTW i'm not so much defending Evan as i am defending the car from the misconceptions ITT.

If you're going to NED you're probably going to want to leave your street tires home. Prep can be very poor, which is why Rob borrowed DRs.

You're right though. I don't know Evan or Rob (Yellow Boss in the vid), i've never seen either car race, have no idea what their mods are, have not seen 2 separate stock Boss 302s trap 115+ in mediocre air, and generally don't have a clue what i'm talking about.

All the video evidence to the contrary must be lies and/or computer generations, right?

stop defending me nutswinger!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
i give up on society... i really do. I posted a video of my friends car with just a drag radial... and people are actually bitching its not a stock car. So when you guys claim stock car runs a decent time when it has a full exhaust... thats not an even worse comparison... please. I posted that video in point thats how fast the car is. The op raced the exact same car on the roll (pretty sure drag radials wont make this car any faster from a roll, and if thats your arguement, i rest my case).... supposedly was side by side with it. The op must have a 115-116 mph lid/catback car. If no one sees that point, again.... case = rested.

I think you need to read your posts and the responses after a deep breath. No one is attacking you and you seem to be over reacting.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Exactly

if you go back and read... u will see that i posted it has drag radials.. my point is the MPH...115mph vs 107mph... Drag radials dont make a car accelerate faster on the roll. If thats the case... i need some drag radials asap. Not attacking you... im just pissed off at how ignorant people can actually be and will pick anything apart to swing an argument in there favor.

Whats the worlds fastest bone stock f body (it can have drag radials because im not gonna bitch about that) run at the track? Ill even take he said/she said answers/rumors of what it is.
That is not what you said in your first post. And what does the fastest Fbody on drs have to do with anything. I think maybe you are having a bad day.

Here is word by word what you posted on your vid. And again anyone with a brain knows it takes a cammed Fbody LS1 to hang with a stock Boss in capable hands in each car so RELAX.

"My buddies bone stock boss in 2000+ da. Since when does a lid/catback f body run those times?"

No mention of DRs. That's why some members attacked you. DRs and borrowed rims don't equal bone stock. So if some members who don't know about Bosses in term of power,hate Mustangs(especially 5.0s since they are threatened by them since most kids are broke and can't make their cars faster) or are just plain ignorant are not going to beleive you and attack due to that post and wonder if what other details are left out. Again its the street anything can happen. No a bolt on Fbody unless its tin can with slicks etc etc can hang with a well driven Boss. I think everyone knows that. No need to resort to name calling and immature posts laced with hyperboles on how fast certain cars are. Makes you look bad... one reason this kill section blows away crybaby sights like SVT forums is due to the lack of this.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

looks like i'm not the only one that has trouble with gears locking out with the boss

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...on-issues.html
Old 08-17-2012, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

actually im just gonna jump on the ignorant bandwagon...

stock f body = stock boss 302

is that what people are saying? why are you getting all pissy?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

like all cars... some have lemon trans. I actually had a good trans. But it cant handle my abuse. Im currently looking for some carbon synchros and anything else i can to beef it up. Im not dealing with stealerships or warrantys anymore. Theres no crazy magic to these trans. If your having an issue. Open it up and fix it. Thats what im doing. I just hope it helps it last a bit longer. If not, im converting to a tremec
Old 08-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Teching In

like all cars... some have lemon trans. I actually had a good trans. But it cant handle my abuse. Im currently looking for some carbon synchros and anything else i can to beef it up. Im not dealing with stealerships or warrantys anymore. Theres no crazy magic to these trans. If your having an issue. Open it up and fix it. Thats what im doing. I just hope it helps it last a bit longer. If not, im converting to a tremec
Just a suggestion, let them fix / replace your trans then sell it or part it out to fund your next one
Old 08-18-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BottleMach
Just a suggestion, let them fix / replace your trans then sell it or part it out to fund your next one
ive thought about that... but they screw up so much **** in the process of taking it out, its not worth it. Flat rate mechanics...
Old 08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still don't see the relevance of the thread at all, although it's fun to post up in such threads. Lid catback ls1 < Boss. It is what it is.... For the record I really don't like Mustangs, never have. There are a few that I actually think are pretty cool cars, but I'd never own one. I also happen to know that a lid/catback ls1 isn't setting the world on fire. Op-what's your point? Do you think this is the logical outcome when facing these two cars off in the same scenario with the same circumstances 9/10 times...or do you acknowledge a fluke is a fluke? Just wondering where you're at with the thought process part.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Teching In

With my old bolt-on T/A I took a new 5.0 from a 10 mph roll up to about 90, but i didnt smoke him by any means, and the 5.0 had dealer plates so he was pry still getting used to it. Still pretty damn impressive that the old ls1's can still pack quite a punch to all these new cars
Old 08-18-2012, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Still don't see the relevance of the thread at all, although it's fun to post up in such threads. Lid catback ls1 < Boss. It is what it is.... For the record I really don't like Mustangs, never have. There are a few that I actually think are pretty cool cars, but I'd never own one. I also happen to know that a lid/catback ls1 isn't setting the world on fire. Op-what's your point? Do you think this is the logical outcome when facing these two cars off in the same scenario with the same circumstances 9/10 times...or do you acknowledge a fluke is a fluke? Just wondering where you're at with the thought process part.

maybe i'm dumb for posting a racing story in the racing story section. and maybe you can't read dun good.

in this scenario my car was every bit as fast as the boss. do i expect that outcome all the time? no. i work with the guy i'm sure we'll race again at some point. do i expect you to freak out again when my car is hanging with the boss in the next vid? yes.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, yes I may freak out.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
i guess you're right. i mean, i only have had my CDL for yers and have been driving manuals since i was around 12 years old. but you're right.
That explains it all! You were shifting the boss at 4000rpm!

Beat to death but these cars are not even close. A stock boss would spank my car let alone a near stock one.

EVAN - as far as I know fastest stock (DRs) fbody was tuggs at 12.6 with a 110 trap.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
That explains it all! You were shifting the boss at 4000rpm!

Beat to death but these cars are not even close. A stock boss would spank my car let alone a near stock one.

EVAN - as far as I know fastest stock (DRs) fbody was tuggs at 12.6 with a 110 trap.
well not to beat a dead horse... but 12.6 at 110 (best so far on drag radials) vs my friends very normal run (certainly not the fastest) of 11.9 at 115. But either way... it is what it is...
Old 08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Banned

Bumpity!

Quick Reply: 02 ws6 vs 2013 boss